Are police better shots than the average criminal?

Are police better shots than the average criminal?

Attached: A980C364-8774-403A-BE32-296244C86585.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fqPau6w5Ac8
youtu.be/33AP-_vwXFI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Nb3QiD2Jg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>average criminal
in US no.

Rest of the world yes.

Most hasguns on Jow Forums shoot better than the average cop. The average criminal on the other hand has a saturday night special the only shoot when they have too so probably yes.

yes, they train more than most of Jow Forums. the average nog is also carrying a 9mm with .40 ammo jammed into the action. the big problem is most of them are clinically retarded and chimp out as hard as the people they're chasing.

Your average criminal is a terrible shot, do you really think they spend the time and money to go practice shooting their illegal firearms?

Attached: article-2212899-1559AF86000005DC-785_634x286.jpg (634x286, 30K)

Absolutely. Most criminals dont practice, cops are at the range non-stop.

good bait.

Yeah I'd say so. Simply because most of the urban gentlemen who keep burners or whatever don't want to spend money going to a range, or even know how to behave in public while carrying a gun (or even to put it in a case). Training doesn't matter to them, they just fetishize pulling the trigger.

On paper yes
Cops must qualify by passing a specific corse of fire. Pic related
But we all know shooting a paper target is not the same as combat
Factor in
Stress
Being shot at
People who are moving
Low light and other environmental conditions
And hit percentage falls,
Because of this, fags like
Think criminals or /k are better

Attached: 4F6B66E3-CA6D-4AE7-AFF8-5E76F42E9CCD.jpg (1536x1711, 590K)

lmao pigs squealing

Why did you choose a nig cop for your picture? Did you pull it of Jewgle?

Also officers only have to take this test once in their career.

How was that bait?

police are not at the range non-stop

Deppends on the department. Some require recertification at various yearly intervals.

Anyway OP, this entirely depends on the officer or deputy. Most do their quals and call it good. Some dudes are pretty damn switched on, probably trying to make the TAC team, and shoot more.

Although a lot of departments don't make it easy. They hand them two boxes of ammo a year for training and call it good, then get pissy during an OIS when a suspect and some poor bastard behind him both get hit. Not to mention a lot of departments are pushing any of the pre-attack indicator stuff that's heen filtering down either. But we got that federal funds for encrypted radios and APCs, so it all balances out, right?

Yeah if only because they practice more rigorously, most criminals rarely if ever discharge their guns because they use them mostly for intimidation during the commission of a crime.

sheeet!

Attached: gangbanger3.png (600x269, 114K)

>Are police better shots than the average criminal?
Considering that they actually usually have two hands on their weapon, I'd say probably.
I see it like this. A lot of cops put in their minimum hours, and pass (or sometimes fail) their range tests. A lot of other cops are just gun guys outside of the job and naturally are pretty decent at shooting. And a niche group aren't really gun guys but are super autistic about training and preparing frequently, not a bad thing. But all three of those groups in my opinion have more experience controlling weapons than some dude on the block with a Lorcin stuffed in his pocket.
>Better at shooting than the average gun owner?
Police lifers or vets are probably a lot better at handling stress and adrenaline surges but I know quite a few cops and quite a few other people who shoot as proficient or more so than the cops.

>uneducated jobless niggers vs trained police officers

Attached: snail nigger.jpg (705x684, 65K)

The average gun owner/range patron is more proficient with a firearm than even your run of the mill ground pounder, let alone a police officer. It's all about how often you train. You get out of it what you put in to it.

If they are serious about it than yes
I remember seeing an interview where a hitman trained other hitmen to shoot

>Are police better criminals than the average citizen?
yes

Yes, but they aren't dealing with scenarios on a daily basis with confrontation. Even though most cops will never shoot someone or get shot at, they're still dealing with all sorts of diversity.

A typical day will involve a few overdoses, domestic violence, dog attacks, gang shit, drugs, weapons and all sorts of other stuff that requires you to roll around, grapple, fight, interact, speak and generally be around the lowest of society. Some guy that's done a few tours in Iraq or Afghanistan, even if he spent most of it in a HQ, will at least have had some form of training (both basic, role, and pre deployment). That counts a lot more than putting a lot of lead downrange a few times a week.

The average citizen doesnt own a gun - the average firearm owner goes to the range once every 4 months and bumpfires at watermelons.
Doesnt take much to be more proficient than that.

Probably yes, because they actually receive some tiny amount of training and an infinitesimal amount of yearly practice.

But they're still way, way, WAY worse shots than the average gun owner.

Why? How do you qualify this? It's anecdotal at best.

>in US no
nigger do you know how many hours police spend target shooting / practicing?

Detroit is just like a range.

It really varies. I know plenty of officers whose only range time is Qualification once a year. I also know officers we burn a minimum of 200 rounds a week, every week.

How do experienced and well trained officers still get killed by an untrained thug? Most police shootings occur at spitting distance and action beats reaction. By the time the officer begins reacting to a gun being pulled on him by a suspect the suspect is usually almost completely done with the draw.

>all these posts saying the average gun owner is more trained than the police
Being on Jow Forums is giving you a really skewed perception of what the 'average gun owner' is. The majority of gun owners don't own a shot timer or even seriously practice their draw and fire. The majority of gun owners find no enjoyment in practicing marksmanship fundamentals at speed. The majority of gun owners set up some targets they want to enjoy shooting (bottles, cans, tannerite, plates, etc) and leisurely plink at them for an hour or so.

>>implying

>But they're still way, way, WAY worse shots than the average gun owner.

Attached: the-average-gun-owner-put-those-holes-in-the-ceiling.jpg (750x1000, 117K)

>Being on Jow Forums is giving you a really skewed perception of what the 'average gun owner' is
yup, on top of what you said, the skill level of the 'average gun owner' is brought down by
>the guy who buys a gun as a toy, takes it to the range twice and never shoots again
>the guy who has a .22 from his youth in the garage that he hasnt shot in 15 years
>the old lady who has her dead husbands old shotgun
>the kids who inherited granddads rifle and have and will never shoot it
>the person who owns a handgun for self defense and shoots one magazine out of it every 3 years to make sure it still works
etc etc
>But they're still way, way, WAY worse shots than the average gun owner
basically 100% of police are guaranteed to have basic firearms proficiency, meanwhile a large percentage of of gun owners fall into one of the above categories and potentially have never even fired the gun they own

>indiana
ayeee

>hitman
Hitmen aren’t the average criminal, especially if you take professionals into account. That kind of shit actually requires you to have some level of skill and knowledge with weapons, even a tiny bit. Your average criminal is some wannabe gangbanger who tries to load .45 in a 9mm pistol or a petty thief/robber, and likely too drunk or drugged out to spend any time shooting let alone enough to count as practice.
Not as much as they should.
I don’t know how personally, stuff like that is genuinely fun. Then again I was always a little weirdo, even if I got better at hiding it.
Honestly I wouldn’t trust your average gun owner whatsoever if my life depended on it, mostly because they don’t even touch their guns. As shitty as they may be at least cops qual once a year or so.

Maybe I used too many "way"s, and I shouldn't generalize because I'm sure there are lots of smaller police departments which have much better training and personal motivation for practice than large departments, and there are no shortage of totally ignorant, dangerously untrained gun owners. But LAPD and NYPD in particular are known for worse than minute-of-car accuracy and terrible background awareness, and while there are a handful of bullet holes in range ceilings and walls that pales to the literal millions of successfully aimed and safety-conscious rounds shot every year in those same singular ranges.

Even if four out of every five people is inexperienced with the guns they own, they're still better than the majority of unmotivated police who have to be forced to shoot 30 rounds once a year.

Attached: police-should-have-guns.jpg (1120x846, 469K)

>Americans aren't good at anything, because I don't want them to be
Everytime

>cops are worse than the average gun owner
itt: butthurt Jow Forums larpers and people that don't know any cops and believe dumb cop stories. the only ones that are objectively worse than average owners 90% of the time are the feamle deputies.

Attached: 12345.png (1920x1080, 2.04M)

Lol is that ghost top left?

Again, this is just anecdotal at best.

>pictures with no context

Yes I'm sorry I cannot provide statistics on the 150,000,000 gun owners who have neglected to take the official United States Firearm Proficiency Test to quantify and rank their skill.

Then why make absolute statements?

Well, since most criminals are... whatever you call this, I assume police can do better.

Attached: 1554059333126.webm (362x640, 1.6M)

you gotta break down someone's firearm handling proficency into a few metrics for this to work, though.
the average cop probably will be better at drawing his weapon and being situationally aware than an average citizen, and probably about on par with an average firearm-wielding criminal.
the average cop (patrol, we're not counting UC or SWAT, because that's going to fuck up the data) will probably be less accurate overall than the average civilian shooter due to less training on accuracy in specific. they will usually be more accurate than a criminal, though.
the average cop will probably have civilian or slightly above civilian (civilian being zero or one) instances of being actually in an armed engagement with another individual, whereas a criminal probably has many times that number.

assuming a 5-point scale, where 1 is absolutely none, 3 is average, and 5 is delta, we have
cop 4+2+3 = 9pts
civilian 3+3+3 (dumbfucks notwithstanding) 9pt
criminal 4+2+4 =10pts
cops win because they put drastically more lead downrange than civilians or criminals do on average. they aren't better gunmen.

cops train and get tested fairly often. most criminals dont train at all or at least not properly. there tends to be ex militairy in the police force too.

did you know you can like guns and be a cop too?

>Maybe I used too many "way"s, and I shouldn't generalize

I'm happy I've never seen a black at a gun range.

Based Burtilizer
Did you get pizza yesterday?

in the rest of the world they're shit too

>non-stop
Literally where outside of TV?

>Implying cops go to the range
LMAOOOOO

Yea, it wasn't very good. :( They put that gosh darn herb crumble crap on it and it tasted not great

Not all cops are gun guys, but the ones that are, really are. Urban criminals probably don't actually practice marksmanship, rural criminals might've fed themselves with firearms. Country boys can be scary on their own turf

The average criminal thinks they can just put random mismatched bullets in their magazine and their gun will fire them as long as they're small enough to fit in the barrel. You tell me.

Sorry :(

At least twice a year they do... which is probably more than the average regular guy or criminal, but not enough to maintain proficiency.

Gunboards whether here or traditional forums would have a higher skill level because of self-selection (even considering most posters don't shoot either).

Basically cops shoot no better or worse than anyone else as a group, but their shooting appears much worse because 1. they are more likely to actually shoot someone and 2. they are more likely to shoot someone in a "complex" situation (like multiple no shoots).

Criminals are fucking terrible shots on average, with some exceptions, most likely just like the standard gun owner or cop.

Seriously go to an indoor range in a diverse area and just watch.

Oh yeah don't forget cops shooting is not a major part of their job, and they are forced to hire diversity so the shooting drops even further down the list of priorities and is less challenging.

In spain, national police must do a firing exercise every three months, they shoot 25 to 50 shots per exercise. The guardia civil shoot a bit less. Same for town police departaments. And most police complains that the firing exercises are too static. There was a polemic about sanctions to policemen that used their official guns in private courses.
i have known some guardia civiles and one of them really liked guns and spent a lot of money in the range, the others didnt care about guns, as, as they toldme, shooting some asshole would ruin the cops life (police brutality and all that).
I work as a security guard and i have a gun license, so i must do a firing exercise each year, firing 32 rounds (24 at 25meters with lot of time to aim, and 8 at 10 meters targets in instinctive mode, at the instructors order). If i was in a service that required to carry a gun (not actually), i should do two exercises every year. You must hit the silouethe with at least half the shoots, to qualify, or you will lost your license.
My previous boss used to send us to both teo exercises even if we werent working in an armed service.
So basically my only gun experience is firing a revolver 64 rounds per year, last 14 years.
I dont trust my gun skill with so few training, but as i have said, i dont carry a gun, and firing one is a extreme serious thing here in spain.
I was thinking about some cheap training like using some air gun to train instinctive fire (sorry about my english, and my tipyng, i am writting from my cellphone)

Attached: Actualidad_234739121_41278627_1706x960.jpg (1706x960, 353K)

Imagine getting to shoot for 0 cpr

>spainiards train more than average amerifat cops
lol

Not that they can put that train to good use. As i have said, all cops know for sure that killing someone will get a lot of media atention and left politician's wrath.

youtu.be/fqPau6w5Ac8
This happened in the spanish city of melilla, in the frontier with morroco a guy with a knife shouting "allah akbar" entered the frontier, and inflicted a light wound with the knife to a cop. The policemen threw a plastic block against him and subdued him. Well, there was a lot of political claims about police brutality.
Look at this other video:

youtu.be/33AP-_vwXFI
another retard with a knife, local police aims a gun against him, asking to drop the knife.. the national police arrives and beat him with their sticks.. the woman that is recording the video starts yelling "dont hit him"... Thats what police must face in spain, a mostly lefty country where everybody expect that the police should use force only in self defense and never ever lethal force, even if being shoot.

>Average Criminal
Depends exactly on where in the country
>Average citizen?
Fuck no, and to be precise, Hell fucking no

Attached: 15F0E197-A5DB-4237-9834-ADDC1E16783A.gif (129x183, 16K)

Well, an average cop is a better shot than an average Jow Forumsommando.

average Jow Forumsommando is nogunz

Generally speaking, yes.

That's the joke

>Absolutely. Most criminals dont practice, cops are at the range non-stop.
Once a year 50 rounds if they need the practice or not.

Wait wait wait
>a board scpecifically about firearms
>and with right-wing leaning audience at that
>somehow has lower firearm ownership rate than the national average, including the most cucked states
How does this happen?

This guy is a professional dancer. He did it like this on purpose.

Wtf would you get on both knees? You're balance will be shit, you'll be slower to get to your feet, you're no lower than a low kneel, and no higher than a high kneel. Seriously wtf.

I know that feel courtesy of uncle same. Shooting a few hundred dollars of .50cal for free feels p. Good.

The problem isn't that they don't have the resources to train, it's that few of them actually utilize it. Shit if I was in their position I'd be at the range every week. Hell, just free range use and like, half priced ammo would have me in there weekly.

Because 95% of posters on the chinz are underage.

>all sorts of diversity
I see what you did there, you sneaky Pete

Attached: John and Jade laugh.gif (500x500, 116K)

But police are average criminals.

mate that spaniards in shape it's not a big deal to him

I was a cop for 8 years in Georgia and this is what I have learned. About 1/4 of officers are Jow Forums. They shoot regularly and collect guns. They tend to be better than average shots. Another 1/4 tend to be ok shots but they usually don’t have an interest in shooting or firearms in general. The last 1/2 suck at shooting. A lot. I managed to get top shooter at our department during our 50rd non standard course because I shoot at least once a week and used to shoot competition. On the same day I got that we had one female officer fire not one or two round but three through the felling of the range. We had an old timer who barely managed to pass qualifications on his 4th try. We also had a dumbass LT put a 12ga slug through the wall behind the shooters because he was fucking around with a patrol shotgun.

TLDR basically half can shoot and half can’t from my observations.

By felling I mean the wood supports that hold up the small roof that covers the shooter in the shooting area on an outdoor range

>posts photo of range catering to asian tourists in guam

Oink.

American cops are on average pretty bad for a first world country.

For every guy who actually goes to the range on the regular, and thinks he wants to actually do something for his community, you've got 50 who barely understand how to line up the sights.
A lot of them are underachieving fatasses who dig the idea of the special legal and social powers, a lot are guys who were generic bullies in school and never grew out of it.

Yeah. American cops have on average five times as large an error rate when it comes to shooting as compared to the average American gun owner.

Why do you think NY pigs can magdump at a suspect, fail to hit him at all, and instead hit numerous bystanders?

I am getting scared for my man in the blue hat seeing this

>the average criminal

Attached: funwblacks954-RO-Tyrone-AK-AR.webm (360x360, 933K)

>the average nog is also carrying a 9mm with .40 ammo jammed into the action.

Attached: funwblacks226-freaky-fast-cash.webm (478x360, 2.77M)

>cops can't shoot for shit
>criminals can't shoot for shit
It's entertainment for the average gun owner.

>It's entertainment for the average gun owner.

Attached: funwblacks371-police-shoot-innocent-dindunuffin-gas-station-w-AK.webm (680x382, 2.97M)

Yes. But only because criminals don't train. Police always get BTFO when there is someone who watches Heat enough.

Every time I've seen cops at the range or the desert it's like a fucking comedy.

>hip firing bird shot at non angled steel plates 10 feet away
>group sizes 3 feet wide at the 7 yard line
>fumbled dropped magazines at the slightest amount of stress
>mis handling of a fire arm akin to a drunk autistic 5 year old

Most cops cant shoot because most cops never have to shoot a gun beyond failing range qualifications and then getting a pass anyhow

>friendly reminded that being popo is not a dangerous job

Lmao the last second when the glove he took off dunks into the trash can

thats still 50 more rounds than a blood spends at the range

not him but
>Literally where outside of TV?
try going outside of your basement maybe?

i go to the range often and i see cops there all the time

It's a big deal to anyone when you're being shot at. It's not a game every second counts.

Mine was twice a year. And actually there is some stress, obviously not anything like a real fight. If you fail 3 times you get remedial training and everyone calls you a bitch behind your back. Fail that and you can't carry a gun and are basically done in law enforcement. ProTip: Cops make teenage girls look like beginners when it comes to gossip and cliques. I had my fun as a reserve, glad I'm out of it with all the shit that cops take these days.

To summarize this thread so far:
>Third world parts of US police are better
>Anywhere else it's 50/50 with the criminals being as good as Jow Forums

you seem supremely butt hurt. did a burly alpha cop fuck your wife or something?

Maybe
I think is
>fags who hate cops, think cops are bad shots
>basement dwellers think /k are good shots
>fags who think TV shows are real think criminals are better shots.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Nb3QiD2Jg

I was a cop.

I'm an ok shot. My Sergeant was an amazing shot. But everyone else? Nope. Most cops don't practice enough.

1,000,000 cops in the US
How many did you work with?

It's pretty common for police to only qualify once or twice per year. Do you think MOST cops are at the range every weekend? They aren't.

this post gets alot of replies but you forget that they let women be police officers

NYPD is a criminal terror organization.