If an American citizen receives the equivalent of a felony in a foreign country and serves prison time...

If an American citizen receives the equivalent of a felony in a foreign country and serves prison time, do they lose their second amendment right?

Attached: ED969B6C-40F8-484D-B495-8377A149BE73.jpg (620x413, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_v._United_States
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah

How? They wouldn’t have committed a crim in the Us

Does this apply to you OP?

This would vary and be very case specific

that's just a yeahposter, they just post 'yeah' on every thread

You would probably do a shitload of time if you got a felony in another country. Or they might extradite you back to the US and you would do your time here.

Yeah.

Yeah.

Yeah

Yeah

Depends if the DOJ/NCIC gets a hold of your foreign criminal records. If they don't then no they don't loose their 2nd Amendment rights.

I have a feeling it would go down like this. It wouldn't bar you from ownership or purchasing but if you were arrested in the US im sure they would use your felonious charges to tack on other charges of owning guns.

I don't know how they would track a foreign arrest. I figure if you're arrested in the EU or a country that has close ties to the US like Japan the chances are greater.

True, I had just assumed any nation that is able to track, arrest, investigate, prosecute and maintain a prison system will probably be on decent terms with the US.

What if you were arrested in Pakistan for saying Muhammad sucks pig dicks? That's not illegal in Freedomland.

>this mad man who owns several guns and was arrested by our honorable federal agents was ALSO arrested after terrorising impoverished people of color by insulting their freedom of religion!

Felony convictions in other countries don't take away your right to own a gun in America. Case was 5-3 with "Pro-Gun" justices Thomas, Scalia, and Kennedy dissenting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_v._United_States

Not automatically but there are some legal arrangements in place that require what's known as a notification order. This notifies the US government that you have been convicted of a crime and served in a prison in their country for a specific duration.

Basically; if you commit a crime, even in somewhere shitty like Bolivia or Thailand or wherever, and you do so as an American system they will inform the US authorities, every time. If you're convicted of say, a sexual offence, then you'll also be required to register as a sex offender in the United States.

The US government keeps a register of US citizens and residents who are held in foreign prisons, among some other very interesting lists. The majority of this list will return to the US at some point. The majority of those will not have their rights infringed, but a considerable portion do. You'll also find yourself in an interview when returning to the States, especially if the nation you served prison time in is not a close ally.

based actual facts poster.

Thanks, I kept trying to search it on google but I couldent word it a way that gave me anything relevant.

oh yeah?

Attached: yup.jpg (736x924, 198K)

Based lookup user. Thank you for your hard work.

Kennedy needs to fucking die. shitskin loving crypto klke.

Yeah, but you assume international dialogue means international record sharing and book keeping. We don’t even have interagency cooperation in the states, much less interstate. International? A pipe dream, that’s why criminals flee to foreign countries.

Some would. That particular one didn't, and it doesn't always, but there are those that do.

A former colleague committed sex offences in Spain and Honduras and despite never seeing the inside of a US court had to register as a sex offender and was prevented from doing all sorts of shit, including owning firearms.

Sexual, espionage, terrorist, fraud, money/wire, tax evasion, piracy, sabotage, murder or serious physical crimes and anything involving smuggling or drugs will not see you convicted again but it will mean you have lots of interesting conversations and appointments when returning to the US. .

I’m pretty sure there’s special stipulation for sex crimes in the US, regardless of where it’s committed. At least I know if you go to a foreign country and fuck little kids you can and will be prosecuted in the US. No idea if it works the same way for rape or anything.

No. Anyone out in the public should have second amendment rights. Period.

Ideally, but we live in Clown World

Yeah