Being fit is essential for military/shtf so that leads down to the question

Being fit is essential for military/shtf so that leads down to the question
Out of the following: a powerlifter, marathon runner, bodybuilder, crossfitter, and a gymnist, who would be more likely to survive?

Attached: A good grip.jpg (1394x2476, 396K)

Other urls found in this thread:

duckduckgo.com/?q=wrist strength exercises
sealswcc.com/navy-seal-speeds-reps-distances-that-correlate-to-hell-week-success.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Marathon runner probably.

Bodybuilder is first to die, because much "cardio kills gains." Crossfit may be a pretty serious meme, but it does help build a pretty good balance of strength and cardio health, so my money is on him and the runner.

The marathon runner and gymnast.

Reckon I'd wager between crosslifter and marathon runner. Pardon my ignorance but isnt crossfit a mix between them all? Do they cardio?

its half luck and half will to live

Unironically crossfitters. Their personalities are insufferable, and some of their programs are asking for rhabdo, but fuck they are in shape. It was created by a former SEAL, so that’s worth some consideration too.

Whoever can cover the most distance. Survival will depend on getting away from something or getting to something. It could be anyone of those athletes who have ventured into speed hiking or have the stamina to accomplish speed hiking.

Attached: 5722D323-8760-4417-A2BA-0FE003BE84FD.jpg (1536x2048, 1.1M)

crossfitter and gymnast

Bodybuilder and powerlifter won’t last long simply due to the lack of cardio said people tend to due, especially the bodybuilder since they focus more on just looking big. The crossfitter stands a better chance than the previous two, but not as much as the marathoner, don’t know about the gymnast. But being able to run 26 miles without stopping puts someone at an insane advantage, and if you’re getting the hell out of dodge being able to run and run well trumps just about everything else.

>glock 19x
>in IDFDE
>with a basepad magazine
Cringe

Attached: 006.jpg (4000x3000, 2.56M)

I’d take a hiking enthusiast over any of those.

cardio boi, easily. he's already at the physique the other fags need to be at. lowest calorie needs, high endurance, and lifting weight is not exactly useful outside of the gym especially when you're using firearms.

Runner. The question is about surviving, not operating, and cardio translates to surviving. A guy who can and has run 26 miles without stopping can also walk 26 miles without stopping, could any of the other theoretical individuals do the same?

The crossfitter is probably going to be second best in cardio to the runner and have far more use in day to day work, since shtf isn't all about covering a lot of land day after day on foot.

How to get based forearms like that?

pick things up and never put them down

No but seriously.

Bodybuilder is def at the bottom of the totem pole

This. Or a swimmy boi or a cycle boi. Lung capacity and physical endurance will put you at a tremendous advantage.

What do you think lifting is my guy? For forearm specific workouts try maybe preacher curls or maybe a dumbbell row.

All that and he still has bitchwrists. Kek. Manlets will never learn.

Bodybuilder will die first no question. Big target, no cardio, and needs a lot of food to survive. His body won't east muscle fast enough, it's not designed to use that as a fuel source, the muscles will only cause him to lose calories much faster than anyone else.

Powerlifter may be in a similar predicament, but there are all sorts of weight classes for powerlifting. The average sized more functional guys will be fine.

Crossshitter will just fuck something up and injure himself day one. His stupidity will be what kills him.

Gymnast will do fine. Unless we're talking Olympic status, they won't consume much more calories than the average person. They're also used to hard work (like the other lifters) so that's a benefit.

Runner is the most likely to survive. Cardio will save your life in a long distance gun fight way more than strength. He can run away and just keep running for miles, the enemy won't be able to keep up. Shoot and move tactics are also going to be quicker and less stressful, he'll probably be able to hold his gun straight after running to cover. If he does happen to get in a fistfight, good cardio is extremely helpful. They're also highly efficient with calories and typically only require excess if they're preparing for a long run.

This autism made me realize I need to fucking run more. I would also say that boxers/martial scientists would top the list. Their routines are typically well rounded and include functional strength training and lots of cardio. The ones that don't care how big they get, but just want to become machines to win fights, are ideal when it comes to translating those efforts and gains into combat training.

Swimmer or distance runner.

gymnast, 1000%.
Gymnasts are fucking bruce lee strong, man. skinny, light on their feet, and stronger than most fucking bodybuilders, pound per pound.
lean mean fighting machines.

probably whichever person has a gun

CrossFit and marathon runner. Maybe gymnast but they’re essentially flexible bodybuilders

Zero leg strength my man, and you'd be surprised how shit their cardio is. They'd be the first to quit during a ruck.

This.
Gymnast is the most functional, not to mention their workout consists of everyone else's.

All those fags saying the runner know nothing of skeletal density. I've watched multiple runners fail ranger school because they can't carry a ruck. Runner bodies are more prone to injury just because their own body weight is so light, and they benefit from that in their sport.

Powerlifter and bodybuilder and crosshitter are all worthless.

The gymnast would be my bet. Survival isn't just about covering distance. It's one short spurt after another. The runner wouldn't have the strength to fight or carry a load. The gymnast has a good match of strength, coordination, and cardio. My bet would be on him.

If the runner is a marathon runner, he would die. A 400 meter Sprint runner would probably fair well as those guys tend to be built as well.

in order of best to worst
gymnast
CFer
PLer
BBer
Marathoner

It's about endurance and not turning into a half dead zombie when your calories inevitably drop.
It'll hit the body builder the worst, people who already have low caloric intake won't take so much of a hit.

Triathaloner.
Marathoners sacrifice speed and strength for endurance
Bodybuilders can't displace for shit

Our primitive ancestors weren't big like bodybuilders, humans are cardio beasts and we have the best stamina of possibly any species on Earth

Whichever one has the most well stocked house to bug-in in. Sorry, but SHTF isn't going to be fallout or mad max or rage or borderlands.

jesus christ dude this should be a my dog can hurt you in other ways meme get the fuck out with these facts

It will too be like Fallout, you fuck. Gib me Curie gf goddammit!

Attached: 1525480664776.jpg (480x480, 16K)

sad thing is fat guys are unironically tactically prepared for the weeks after their mre stock run out

>he thinks wrists can be trained

>duckduckgo.com/?q=wrist strength exercises

Marathoner. They will be more apt at covering distance on foot, which is what will be happening if shtf. Less bodyweight to carry = fewer calories to spend throughout the day. Also, being a competitive runner builds a mental resistance to extreme and unrelenting pain and fatigue on a daily basis. That being said, the best combo of strength, endurance, and toughness is probably found in wrestlers in the 65 to 80 kilogram range.

>what will be happening if shtf
Is people hiding in their houses unless they were too dumb to store food, and society existing in a shabby state. You won't be rucking from city to city trying to find survivors, literally none of your neighbors will be dead and there won't be authority beyond your local government, which will still operate.

where the fuck are you going? if you don't have a pre-rigged bugout location, leaving your home (also known as a defensible position) before absolutely necessary is just asking to get dead.

>clubbed thumbnails
Heart disease in your future OP

Go back to R*ddit you aren't welcome here.

>not fleeing to Europe for free gibsmedats and fertile white women to plunder
Do you even refugee?

Attached: 1534566064588.jpg (800x598, 120K)

You have to realize most marathon runners have reduced muscle mass enough that the weight of gear may reduce their advantage significantly

>runner
>rucking
>runner
>doing physical survival tasks like digging, pushing, pulling, and chopping

only the cornfed will survive

fuck you I want to live in a vidya

>who would be more likely to survive?

Someone who can walk 40+km a day with 45lbs of gear who knows how to stalk hunt.

Attached: pain hamburger.jpg (1131x633, 242K)

Attached: Faggot.jpg (700x739, 320K)

Attached: 1555806641684.jpg (1056x1036, 193K)

I really can't put into words how fit someone is who can run a sub 3 hour marathon. Their recovery rate, overall fitness, stability, footing and physical form is going to be far greater than virtually everyone on the planet. It puts you at a massive advantage for military tasks. Even if they're lacking in strength completely, the fact that they can work at 90 percent effort for hour after hour puts them in a different league.

Marathon running looks like the most miserable injury filled shit ive ever seen.

I never want to run a marathon.

hammer curls, wrist roller, heavy rack pulls.

Powerlifters have worse cardio than bodybuilders, since they don't care about low %bf

that is very impressive but what level of daily maintenance does that require and can that standard be upheld in shtf? I would imagine that doing so much cardio is going to increase your metabolism and TDEE, so the calorie crash (and higher sodium/carb intake) would hit a marathon runner really, really hard.

Unfortunately the crossfitter. They're insufferable cunts, but the exercise creates a well rounded physique and while necessarily part of the program, many of them are also avid runners, so many will have that going for them too.

>a good grip
>finger on the fucking trigger guard

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>finger on the trigger guard

So? Who gives a fuck?

It varies depending on the individual but as long as you eat relatively well you can maintain it. It doesn't require any sort of equipment or drug use. As noted above, humans are endurance based. We've become very good at lifting weight and swimming and that sort of thing but ultimately it's our ability to cover huge distances that sets us apart.

There were guys running 2:45 at the turn of the century on a very limited diet , with no medical assistance and a basic understanding of recovery. In leather flat shoes, too. Ultimately it's probably the only one where it's plausible to remain competitive in an end of world scenario.

fuck. i wanted to go around strafe jumping while no scoping fools

Attached: borntofeel.jpg (500x632, 42K)

Guys who had the easiest time in SF selection were cross country runners in college or high school. Aerobic fitness is probably a soldier's biggest asset. After that flexibility and third strength.

Attached: 1518836715142.png (750x750, 38K)

wait you mean SF actually go places by foot? fuck that

I pictured the gymnast going branch by branch like a monkey from Planet of The Apes, I laughed harder than I should've

based wojak, I've never seen it before
tahnk you user

A sprinter

hey, I know this dude. I showed him my dick the first time we met!

I run 12 miles a day! HIGH INTENSITY, HIGH OCTANE, HIGH CALIBER RUNNING SESSION! None of you dehydrated, cachexic, diabetic, carcinoma victims can even compete!

Gymnast would be 2nd in cardio I'd imagine seeing as crossfit is a hipster workout seeing as it's not in the Olympics

You really had to type it like some dipshit

Where are you walking to? What happened to transportation

modern Fallout doesn't have cars so you have to walk. Duh, that's the whole point of videogame larping.

>Crossfit

>greentext

My money is on marathon runner for having the ability to just trek all their shit away. Powerlifter and bodybuilder are similar except one can actually lift shit. Both have such high caloric needs that they'll probably burn through rations real quick. Crossfit is a meme but actually kind of viable and well-rounded. Gymnast either dies first or becomes terror of the night rooftops.

A guy who moves most efficiently, so a hunter or a hiker. Where the fuck do you have to run and waste all that energy?

forgot gif

Attached: 11543523764743.gif (272x480, 3.58M)

Ask a cross fitter to do a proper pullup, most of them can barely do 5.

The one that doesnt get shot.

> the grey man

Honestly you just need to be in shape or just healthy. But saying survive is dumb. Because if its truly shtf then there is no going back and youre going to die no matter what

it's this.

(benches your 1rm deadlift and has endurance for weeks)
Not every srs bidness lifter skips cardio

Attached: 1d95bae1a0a0a94277de4c1f602ef7a0.jpg (271x410, 26K)

The marathon runner. Crossfitfag is probably on gear and is gonna be in shit once he can't keep up his cruise dose. Gymnast probably has a decent chance too

(((crossfit))) is literally just old military training systems adapted to get millenials' shekels, so that is your answer. You need balance. A marathon runner would die after 6h walking with a 30kg rucksack and a powerlifter couldn't be frecuently sprinting and shit.
t. armyfag

Attached: YellowishTautCrab.webm (640x800, 2.43M)

That's funny I showed him my balls!

Warehouse job

You talk like a faggot

Crosshit is a brand designed to take your money. It's essentially weightlifting+callisthenics+triathlon. All pros are roided to the tits (including the women) so it gives the impression it produces miracles, which it doesn't. The only miracle regarding Crosshit is not getting injured after training in it for a long time.

>A marathon runner would die after 6h walking with a 30kg rucksack
What a load of horseshit.

Milfags are such a bunch of whiners. I put on 30+ kilo backpack and live out of it for a week at a time for recreation, and I'd do it for longer if I could afford such luxury.

>essentially weightlifting+calisthenics+triathlon.
Pretty much. You can train without all the crossfit elitist autism

Holy shit, I showed him my tight, eager hole and let him fuck my ass. His big penis stretched me to the breaking point, and made my ass hurt!

>implying you are a marathon runner
>implying you do your walk in the park with a plate carrier, gear, helmet, guns and ammo besides the backpack

Attached: Kiprop_Asbel1-Gateshead10.jpg (400x600, 86K)

Military and SHTF are two very different scenarios.

As former military, the marathon runner would do best there. Most courses have a large endurance factor and officers doing group runs. Anyone who can do a sub 6 min/mile and 6+ pull-ups will have an easy time in terms of PT on most courses. The US Navy has calculated that better 3 mile run times are the best predictor of success for BUD/S: sealswcc.com/navy-seal-speeds-reps-distances-that-correlate-to-hell-week-success.html

Gymnasts could do well in the military for the calisthenics, but they'd also need lower body strength to ruck.

As for SHTF, bodybuilders and powerlifters would easily dominate. Physical intimidation and not looking like an easy target is valuable in a survival situation. Raw strength is also a more limiting factor in many situations. It is very rare for the human beings, even in subsistence situations, to need to run more than a mile, so cardio is less of a factor. most bbers also tend to stay pretty lean anyways and do some cardio.

The problem is that most crossfitters start out exercising with crossfit. All the gym bros or runners who go into crossfit later typically perform the best.

Attached: B05FC7D9A4E242D997F7F21969576573.png (814x294, 235K)

DEADLY ANOMALIES, DANGEROUS MUTANTS, ANARCHISTS, AND BANDITS!

Why limit choices just ask which athletes are best suited to survival

My money is on legitimate MMA/boxing/wrestlers etc... contact sports participants who take their sport seriously because they are in shape and have the right mindset to do almost anything, runners would have problems smashing someone’s face

Body builder and powerlifter are at the bottom.
Then it seriously depends on the crossshitter and gymnist the most potential is here for power and endurance. Source was gymnist till I hurt my hand in a motorcycle accident and GF runs marathons and got me into crosshit/trail running.
Best friend is a powerlifter.
Also spent 3 years in combat arms infantry.

Gymnatsitcs can be power and endurance or it can be power.

Crossfit is full of retards who hurt themselves but its essentially everything you build on in gymnastics, alot of the equipment is the same. So with a proper not shit regimen you can get power and endurance.

Running is endurance. Pros are skellys though.

Endurance is your bread and butter by the way. You can build so much off endurance. Once you have a solid base its easy to maintain. I still have a gymnist body even though I haven't been able to practice in years and run a lot more now.