US airstrike accidentally killed as many as 17 policemen fighting Taliban

How the fuck does this happen?

Attached: 1535605785092.jpg (837x655, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/25EWUUBjPMo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_Training_Mission-Afghanistan#Green-on-blue_attacks
youtube.com/watch?v=_GP1fIAh4DQ
theguardian.com/us-news/2014/nov/24/-sp-us-drone-strikes-kill-1147
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

jewish media making shit up or zogbot incompetence

Is the military is full of morons?
More news at 6

Probably the Afghans having no idea what they're doing when asking for airstrikes, as usual.

What’s the difference?

Apparently, they were relying on communication from Afghan JTACs. The US has been trying to train the Afghans in that for years, but they still try to rely on Americans whenever possible, mainly due to shit like this.

hahahahaha rekt

That's really nothing.

Pilot wanting to see some action, not thinking things through so he could have a war story to tell his kids, grandkids, etc.
He flipped a coined, and obviously he fucked up.

youtu.be/25EWUUBjPMo
Accidental

Or he knew and didnt give a fuck.

This

>accidentally
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_Training_Mission-Afghanistan#Green-on-blue_attacks

Does the Taliban have Gopros, like "ISIS" did? I wonder what they were saying afterwards, I bet they were mindfucked.

>realize every one of the police involved in bacha bazi shit
>oops meant to hit the next grid over
>my bad

To be fair the mad tribal politics of afghanland make it so that no one is ever really on your side.

The US has stayed there long after it was useful to do so.

I don't think anyone here really appreciates how complex it is calling in an airstrike with partner forces

Attached: adviceforafghanarmy.jpg (1115x683, 75K)

Of rural* Afghanistan more than urban.

"""Accidental"""

Also, battlefields are fluid, hectic and ever shifting. They aren't static through space nor time, TICs are constantly evolving scenarios. If you aren't actively communicating with the guys on the ground, mistakes will happen. If you can't reach the guys on the ground, this will happen.

Attached: TIC in Waterpur COMMENT.jpg (1024x688, 286K)

because Mutts are not competent enough to win this war.

>afghanis being retarded as usual
>pilot thinking watsdadifrense.png
>complete lack of proper communication between the guy in the big aerial vehicle loaded with ordnance and the people on the ground which is just asking for trouble
>genuine accident due to the fluidity of the conflict at hand, which would have a tie in to improper communications
>implying there is or ever has been a significant difference

Some tusken raiders got killed by a TIE bomber pilot?

Who cares. They're not real people anyway.

wow friendly fire what the fuck how does that happen this is unprecedented

>mfw US government policy for two decades is to give billions of dollars and protect the boy diddlers

>afghans
>fighting the taliban

That may be true, but in this case, it was the Afghans that fed the wrong target location to the pilots.

>implying the Taliban aren’t also boy diddlers

Reminds me of this.
youtube.com/watch?v=_GP1fIAh4DQ

The problem is long and old, I'm afraid.
theguardian.com/us-news/2014/nov/24/-sp-us-drone-strikes-kill-1147
>41 men targeted but 1,147 people killed: US drone strikes – the facts on the ground
>Mon 24 Nov 2014 16.55 GMT
>New analysis of data conducted by human rights group Reprieve shared with the Guardian, raises questions about accuracy of intelligence guiding ‘precise’ strikes

American "precision" is a myth.

Now we’re even

>How the fuck does this happen?
Corrupt cops.

The airstrike was exactly where it was supposed to be. Fucking sandniggers gave the wrong coordinates.

Maybe the cops called in an airstrike, danger close.

From what I have been told ISAF police and the Taliban are basically the same thing.

"policemen" "fighting taliban"

that's a term for guys there who are no in the military but still get to kill Talebs.

This. There's no way the Afghan JTAC *didn't* screw it up.

This, they probably fucked up and gave their own location by mistake

>calls in air support
>needs to give location
>gives current location as target location
>bomb bus driver can’t see into FO’s mind to know he’s supposed to add distance in direction of enemy to target coordinates
> bomb falls on coordinates requested
>everyone dies

>Implying nuking the entire region to hell and back wouldn't be an improvement.

One of the cops fucked the JTAC's wife.

Or owed him money.

Most likely Literal savage religious zealots too dumb to do the simplest of tasks.
That's how.

It has nothing to do with their religion. It's a cultural thing. Afghans are literally incapable of doing anything well because their culture has taught them to hail mary everything and leave the results up to fate.

>Be police
>"Help we need air support"
>"Negative, thats danger close"
>"Do it anyway"
>"Roger that"
>dies

The air strike was incredibly precise, just not accurate.

Hey man, you never know. Maybe some day all that “inshallah”-ing is gonna pay off, and we’re all gonna look like a bunch of idiots.

>airstrike accidentally killed as many as 17 drug traffickers doing a deal with the Taliban

>organize training activity
>they show up late/high as fuck/not show up at all
>they can't start straight away because prayers
>half of them still haven't grasped the basics of lacing their fucking boots
>encourage all of them to run through the activities we've set up
>they only ones that do it are the guys under 20
>oh shit we have to pray again
>try to explain through the terp why doing X may actually save them from being stabbed with bullets
>most senior NCO speaks up
>"If, God willing, we are to meant to live then God will help us".
>ANA/ANP meander off to resume selling/using herion/hash.

fpbp

>sand people
who cares?

So 17 lads died because of some fag not thinking things through .Nicd .

They probably used the target marking devices as glow sticks in a rave.

This. And even if you are, it still gets fucked up sometimes. I don't think people understand how common friendly fire is. Nothing has driven that point home as much as reading dude's accounts of Vietnam. Jesus fucking christ the accidental mortaring. It's constant.

Attached: 1524012528600.jpg (5668x3751, 3.92M)

This. Ignore all the shitbags saying afghan police and terrorists are the same (although they often are).

Blue-on-blue stuff happens all the time. My unit nearly shot a guy on our last range weekend and the SNCOs laughed it off. The military is full of idiots with no regard for human life, particularly non-American ones.

Aaaaand just like that several dozen taliban fighters were created

The afghans literally can’t read maps there’s no way they could call in a strike correctly

I mean a JTAC did the same thing to himself when we invaded

> t oef xii

You ask for danger close, we're gonna give ya danger close.

Well it's not like the defeated the fucking Soviet Union and are still being a pain in the ass to NATO.

"defeated"

It's hard to lose when you have nothing to bomb and nobody in charge.

You have no idea how any of this works

They probably did it as a favor to the Taliban. Let's remember we're negotiating with the Taliban and leaving our puppet regime to fall faster than Saigon.

Attached: 1397400277343.png (910x898, 438K)

>Or he knew and didnt give a fuck.
could be, both sides are taliban anyway

It's kind of like shooting a precise rifle eh? The weapon is capable of more accuracy than the joe using it is

It's funny, all the various tribes and empires that successfully took and held Afghanistan, none of them bothered to eliminate the Pashtuns

>It has nothing to do with their religion. It's a cultural thing. Afghans are literally incapable of doing anything well because their culture has taught them to hail mary everything and leave the results up to fate.
That cultural trait literally comes from their religion. The boyfucking is probably pre-islamic, but "inshallah-ing" is a core part of islamic practice. I don't know why you try to "correct" someone about something you don't personally know about.

holy shit, is that an XM148?

also, >Nothing has driven that point home as much as reading dude's accounts of Vietnam. Jesus fucking christ the accidental mortaring. It's constant.
link please

Attached: 1549148350805.jpg (1440x1080, 372K)

F(ourth)PBP

I didn't say it was because of religion, religion is literally their excuse for doing everything and the only thing they give a fuck about. Religion is not the cause or symptom of retardation, just an excuse for it to those people.

>implying any plane can drop any ordnance without explicit orders to do so
>ESPECIALLY with joint forces involved

obsessed incel goblin

>This. Ignore all the shitbags saying afghan police and terrorists are the same

wasnt obama that changed the definition of terrorist from an individual to "whoever is near the terrorist is a terrorist"?

go back to plebbit, commie scum.

>"inshallah-ing" is a core part of islamic practice
I used the phrase "hail mary" for a reason.

explain for plebs please. i can literally open google maps on my iphone, click the gps dot, a menu pops up that says "send location" and i can send my exact gps coordinates to anyone via text message with a link that lets them open it up in google maps to see where i am via 3d satellite within 3 meters of accuracy. and this is civilian technology

>"Got it, shooting lat xx.xx, long xx.xx"

The most common fuckup is sending where you -are- rather then where you -want shot-. Hopefully they drop smoke first and you get a chance to call them back and correct.

Next is the fact that you can't just send them a text message. You are going to have to call on a radio and give them the information, while people are shooting, to try and identify the target location while telling them not to shoot your location. This is going to be harder if they speak a totally different language. Even if you two speak the same language, it's a technical discussion while under fire.

Betcha a dollar the Afghani JTAC had beef with one of the cops so he """accidentally""" gave the wrong target

Had a similar issue during my last tour. ANP checkpoints were shooting RPGs at our AH-6s at night. Retards were using their IR lasers to aim so the pilots just followed them back...to the fucking ANP checkpoints. They then claimed we shot them by accident. There's still a lot of green on blue attempts out there.

Considering it would light off the oil fields and create the literal apocalypse by blocking out the sun with smoke world-wide.....yeah. It's a pretty bad idea.

Firefighters had to create a new type of vehicle and spend a year straight just to put out the fires for just kuwait when saddam got pushed out. Do kuwait, afghan, iraq, iran, and saudi all at once and there is no stopping that.

No, before that. The patriot act under bush and supported by obama and trump gives the government the ability to label basically anyone a terrorist and jail/kill them on that alone. Even american citizens.

Well they're all sand people as seen above

Impressive 100 years combat experience how can anyone compete

Do you make an effort to be this stupid or does it come naturally? Clearly you’re a never served.

The AFG JTAC fucked it up you absolute mong

It just did

Have you seen generation kill? That's how it goes.

Anyone who goes against the banks is a terrorist :^)