SHTF comms?

Anyone have expertise in radio shit? I was wondering if I got my hands on a Ham radio or some shit, and have sone walkies I could make a radio web of sorts? Like mf ham radio as a little base and have the walkies being able to communicate with it?

Attached: 1556610794599.jpg (633x640, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

he360.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bendix-king or Motorola. Ham radio is incredibly temperamental and not useful for communicating efficiently. Programming them takes some time without a cloning cable.

Morse code with gun shots

can radios be located as precisely as cell phones?

fucking genius

Get a good emergency radio (am/fm/sw) to listen for news, weather n shit. You got multiple people in your group? Couple of walkies. You don't sound like a wana-be ham. Just get some useful simple tools and operate. Leave the networks for the nerds.

.50 BMG for long range communications

More or less. Radio is like a lighthouse on a lake to the right equipment. However, it requires the right equipment in the right place at the right time. Likewise, you will probably not know if this is being done.

Elaborate a bit? I'm a newfag when it comes to COMMs n shit

Baofeng

Attached: 1557044769855.jpg (551x1024, 52K)

>IQ of 80 the post
HAM radios are easy peasy once you understand them. Set up a repeater and you can double your range easy. Setup a system of them and you've got comms for an entire region.

You can argue cost, but if you can read you can setup a radio.

What you are thinking about is called a repeater OP. Very doable if you are willing to setup an antenna on a hill. They sell commercial versions for FRS type handhelds.

Just be aware they are not encrypted and anyone can listen in.

What we need is small cheap motion activated devices that broadcast on open walkie frequencies and send a programmable tone pattern then activates a mic. Tune in with your cheap radio. Know that the north is a high tone, south is low etc. Quick way to have stratigic area awareness. Anyone tracking your home signal will be drawn to broadcast of there own location. You just listen passively and know which way is clear. The perfect accessory for all the lone neckbeards with chinkshit radios in their BOB and no one to talk to.

Got any more, user?

uv-5r but generally they all are the same shit. Something about how they all use the same base transceiver component with program on flash so you can't really fuck with it. At least yaesu handhelds are inside almost the same thing as baofeng. I wish I could buy bulk load of VHF radios with 30-108 MHz range. Any suggestions?

The more expensive baofengs like the BFF8HP have double the transmit strength of a UV5R.

That's... actually not a bad idea actually if you think about it.

yes.
no.
you could just have the radios do point to point on there own freq.
yeah a web if all radio were on the same net.
yes all HF could talk at the same time ie CB radios on the same band.

bump

Baofeng is a must buy.

I have a Baofeng UV-5R5 and a BF-F8HP. I'm thinking about buying the triband Baofeng too. Anyone here setup a quick and dirty repeater? I want to leave a few around the ranch.

>buy two Baofeng UV5RAs
>charge them
>set them to local repeater
>?????
>profit

If you wanna be super tacticool, but the extended battery and antenna.

uv5r are a nice little entry level that lets someone dip their feet into the HAM world.
But there is way better ham options... even for the tacticool people there is prc 152 knock offs that are a little expensive but have the same adapters as the real radios, and same bats, plus water resistant (which the uv5r is not)

Yeah, but only when whoever is trying to locate you is within the radio horizon (only a few miles if their antennas are at head level). There's also a company that's selling the ability to locate transmitters within 1km or better from orbit across frequencies from 100 MHz to 15 GHz and is going to upgrade their satellites every 3 years so that frequency range can be expected to expand in the near future. How powerful of a transmitter you'd need for the satellites to detect you isn't known as that would mainly depend more on the equipment on the satellites rather than the noise floor, but even those FRS radios that transmit at .5 watts max into a crappy rubber duck antenna will be detectable given what information there is out there about the sensitivity of existing satellites in orbit that operate near those frequencies.
he360.com/

bump

Why bump a thread like this 6 hours after the last post if you aren't even going to contribute anything to the discussion? I'm sure you can get an idea of something to make a quality post about or at least ask a question about by looking at all the posts here.

bampu

Attached: (((bauhas))).png (316x298, 11K)