ITT

We say nice things about the bad decisions we've made on guns. I'll go first, even though I should have saved up for a PTR and the mags rattle a bit, my C308 takes whatever ammo I put in it, looks nice to me, and has surprisingly controllable and light recoil

Attached: IMG_9854.jpg (3264x2448, 1.42M)

we told you

I fell for the scout rifle meme and bought a new bolt gun for the price of a used AR10. But damn if it doesn't look cool.

Oh what brand? Steyr?

how fucking poor are you retards?
is op poor because he eats all his money?

Nah I'd rather put money towards boolets, that way I can shoot something and not worry about damaging it with cheap ammo. Fungibility is good in a weapon

I bought 2 nuggets
I own 2 nuggets

You must fairly distribute Nugget comrade

Out of the box:
>failures to eject
>rear sight mount screw stripped
>hk mags wouldn't lock in
>zero cocking tube gap due weld on the bolt carrier

I ended up fixing all that plus installed a paddle mag release. The rifle is pretty accurate with irons and more satisfying to HK slap than my MP5 clone.

Attached: PTR93.jpg (1000x1333, 505K)

Wait even PTRs can be shit out of the box? I thought they were the perfect rifle that never has issues

Who /BRG/? I've learned to disregard the opinions of the generals

>Bought a take down 10/22 NIB
>Shit accuracy
>Bolt got frozen

But Ruger fixed her up and now she'll keep under an inch at 50 yards.

Still built using mostly parts touched by the Century monkeys. Pretty sure the only parts made by PTR was the barrel and flash hider. Even PTR MP5 and 91 clones have had to be sent back out of the box for warranty work every once and awhile.

That's a C93. Some parts are made by PTR. PTR also makes the US parts for a C308. It's century putting it together you have to worry about.
I told you.

Oh no it can't be... You again

Don't worry bb, I brought lube this time.

Attached: 1483383365867.jpg (1613x908, 340K)

Why aren't you using Hobbes gun oil? Are you insane!?

drank it all

Understandable, have a good day

>not keeping your drinking supply separate from the gun supply

fuck you karen you bitch you're why I drink

Listen man it's for convenience. Gotta keep the bullets, oil, and vodka all in one place

I’ve got you beat OP. I bought one of century’s old CETME’s from the mid 2000’s, when they were grinding bolt faces off and having drunk monkeys doing their welding.

Somehow, without knowing what I was even looking for, I managed to pick one out that has no issues.

Attached: 223AC644-64B5-4D9B-BA12-E5E72F13C5E7.jpg (4032x2688, 3.78M)

I'm not seeing a problem here

Wew lad, you lucky son of a bitch

I think he needs more nuggets

Ruger.

Just got a raise to $75K and half goes in savings. Not rich, not poor.

What?! Fiscal responsibility on Jow Forums!? Unheard of I say!

i bought one of the buds exclusives c93s from PTR and mine also has FTE. gonna send it in though to get it fixed.
is there a guide on installing paddle mag release? i'd like it but it's not a big deal for the c93 imo.

Anything particularly wrong about it or are you just a bit mad at yourself for not buying a semiauto?

There is a semi-guide on the HKpro forums but all you really need is the measurements of where to drill the hole. The PTR C93s also come with one of two different types of shelves: solid and semi hollow. The solid one is more of a pain in the ass since its more material you'll need to remove to fit the paddle, pin, and bushing.

The FTE probably due to a weak extractor spring or your trigger group is sitting too low in the trigger housing causing the ejector to hit low or miss the casing completely.

75k is poor dude

The FTE may also be underpowered ammo. Use 5.56 or hot .223, my C93 won't extract cheap .223 like PMC Bronze. Even original HK93s won't extract them, you need a lot of pressure to unlock the rollers.

I mean what would you consider not poor?

Just little things. The bolt is sticky like everyone says. The iron sights aren't great enough to have been a factor in my decision, but I let them be. Not really disappointed though. Might get a semi eventually if I ever decide what I'd do with one. Right now I'm not sure if I'd want something in .308 so I only need one caliber, or something else for more versatility.

I mean 308 is more versatile in my eyes than 223 or 7.62x39. not as available though but you can reliably take down everything that walks in North America

I bought a Hesse HK91 clone for 1100 dollars. Then I traded it back to the shop straight up for a canted wasr. It shot fine though. Sold the wasr during the panic for 1100 dollars and bought a straight one.

Hey guys I'm a first time buyer - should I go with a 1911 or a fn57?

Damn dude. Where do you live? What's your cost of living like? I made 45000 last year and I probably spent 20,000 of it on guns and ammo.

Neither.

This right here is the big thing about this particular rifle. It wants hot milsurp ammo. Feed it 5.56 and it will run even if caked in filth. Feed it .223 and it won't eject properly.

Modern scout = semi-auto + no real concerns about stripper clip loading.

Don't fall for the meme re: exacting standards for existing tech - keep the concept alive.

75k is median for a household. If user has a partner with $$$ too - that's more than what can be considered normal.

what do, user? I live in South Carolina and I desperately need a self defense side that doesn't make me look like a pussy

I got myself into a jew gun. Haven't even taken it out yet.

Attached: received_415821075637050.png (735x344, 323K)

Glock 19

ty but also disregard i suck cocks, found handgun thread with the guide

Last dumb gun I bought was a sig 2022 in 357 sig. it was 300 bucks and in good shape but I have no use for it and after I got it and read more about the caliber it’s pretty fucking dumb. I thought it was closer to a 10mm but it’s way more like 9mm.

I didn't bother replacing the upper handguard on my WASR because I don't have a file or a dremel. Gonna get a cheese grater next month though.

Attached: ak2.jpg (1920x1440, 756K)

While I would nevery say any of my gun purchases were bad decisions I will admit I have a habit of sinking money into guns that really aren't worth it.

Attached: 20190519_174809.jpg (2048x1152, 530K)

what are you talking about? This is Jow Forums, where we all pretend we make 130k a year and have 200 guns

Pic

Attached: 794D94EC-9B0E-4A6C-9B58-4B6454DFDD3F.jpg (1240x1653, 1.63M)

I guess that should be the actual title. Guns you had buyers remorse over but learned to love. But the Tavor isn't bad, just a tad overpriced

Those are the two most retarded gamer choices I’ve ever seen. Get a Glock 19 or any flavor of polymer hk.

Mfw he didn’t buy an aug

HK P-7, they're retarded safe but pricey so you can flex on the poors

I have never made a bad decision when buying guns. But I will say the Boyds stock I got for my Savage Axis is flaming hot shit

A savage axis is already a reheated plate of cold diarrhea. A flaming bag of shit might be a nice compliment.

CZ-P07. Like a Glock 19 but cheaper, better ergonomics, and a much better trigger.

Tucson. I got very lucky and bought a house when the market bottomed out in 2012.

that aint no tavor in my pic thats a fuckin hi-point

Century doesn't build guns. They contract to lowest bidder. C93s were made by a couple builders. I got a great one. Most are fine...just not much bolt gap. Don't know about the PTR/Bud's rifles.

i bought a galil ace in 308 it has low recoil