Armslist thread :A giant fucking moron or the atf edition

Just found this on armslist he wants 1600
>states twice its an 80% milled to 100%
>states it is unserialized
>bullet button
>areo upper
>1600
Either really fucking stupid or its the atf

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-19-16-23-15~2.png (1440x2247, 1.59M)

Woops mistyped ares

Because he mentioned how it's unserialized, I think it might be an ATF agent. If he was genuinely oblivious, and I don't think he would've mentioned it. How would he know otherwise? I'd report him. The ATF's probably trying to artificially inflate their statistics about "muh ebil 80% lowers."

This. This is the pup poppers being niggers.

>dood old people nanirite
>im not all a sheltered person

Attached: capture.png (1328x1050, 1.39M)

Its got to be atf they obviously know enough about guns you dont just buy an 80% lower eithout knowing the laws surrounding them

It's not illegal to sell an 80 percent gun. It's only illegal to make one with the intent to sell it.

You cannot sell a home made firearm privately.

Depends on the state you live in. Serial numbers are recommended but only required in one or two states, soon to be a third.

This

Probably not the BATFE

Probably is the CA equivalent though.

Yes you can sell that 80 AR but not after you build it. Federal rules are autistic.

You can sell it after it collects enough dust or youre just bored of your own creation so you need funds for the next one. The key thing to note is that you CAN sell it but only later. It's a weird ruling.

I read somewhere that the max you could sell per year without a license is five but most would advocate just one per year, and you can't build with the intent to sell, only selling if you are done with it for personal use, etc.. You guys need to read the rules, which you can get on the ATF website or the Federal Register for actual laws, as opposed to what in this case is regulation absent of clear guidance, which is why this is such a gray area. Stay legal! CA requires serial numbers, I think WA also, CT is soon to ban 80%.

Armslist is pretty good about policing themselves. I think that IG report where congress sent them out to pose as felons trying to buy guns on the internet on sights like Armslist noted their attempts failed because of admins/mods/ and members. Even if it's not a bait post it should be reported and will proly be deleted

Someone message him and say you'll buy everything but the lower and offer the $1600. If he refuses it's an agent

Federally speaking you can absolutely make and sell unserialized firearms. You just can't be in the business of dealing in firearms without an FFL. But what counts as "in the business" has to be determined by the courts on a case by case basis.

If you have to ask you probably should just get an FFL.

I still don't see how banning a hunk of metal/plastic is gonna do anything. There's 3D printers with Dupont zytel filaments and other autistic methods.

So it may or may not be illegal to sell, but what's wrong with buying it?

It's just a federal ruling that's unironically autistic due to the way it's been worded. So again you can sell the 80 AR but LATER.

There are some FFLs that can work with you to sell your completed 80 gun as a consignment. But the likely hood of losing money is pretty high if you don't budget the build and get ripped off by the LGS.

So as the buyer the concern is that autismal feds will come to your house, shoot your dog, and seize this gun as evidence to use against the seller?

If it's consider as NFA then yes. But there's no way to properly regulate Armslist sales unless the seller is some glownigger holding the bait. Just don't buy overpriced guns on the site.

Checked. OP is a wiener.

Here is what the US Code specifically says on whether or not you are dealing in firearms:

>18 U.S.C. 921(a)

>(21) The term “engaged in the business” means—

>(A) as applied to a manufacturer of firearms, a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to manufacturing firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the sale or distribution of the firearms manufactured;

>...

>(C) as applied to a dealer in firearms, as defined in section 921(a)(11)(A), a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms, but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms;

Being "engaged in the business" without the appropriate FFL is a good way to get dicked over by the ATF.

Do this.

>ATF entrapment
>bait that complies with all federal laws
No.

As a buyer, the concern is that this is a trap by some branch of California government; this rifle is illegal to possess under California law.
ATF and federal law have nothing to do with it.

WA doesnt, the new law does absolutley nothing

To be fair, we do not know how the new law in Washington is going to be interpreted. The wording is fairly vague.

Wrong
Unless that 80% lower has been serialized and the proper paperwork sent to the ATF. Then the seller is breaking the law.
Who gives a fuck what California law says. Its a state that openly flaunts, breaking federal immigration laws.

I'll tell you how to handle this.

> Go in like a badass knowing it's an ATF sting.
> "How about we drop the price to 1,000?"
> ATF dog killer agrees while barely haggling because him and his homies don't care, and are just itching to bust you.
> Settle at 1,100
> Disassemble it while looking it over.
> Tell him you are just looking at buying the upper and all the attachments and don't want the lower.
> ATF gets blue balls, and you get cheap gun parts.

> Go home
> Mill your own lower for 100 bucks.
> profit?

>Unless that 80% lower has been serialized and the proper paperwork sent to the ATF. Then the seller is breaking the law.

You are mistaken.

>80% lower
>no auto sear hole

fucking amateurs...

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

>trusting a bunch of no-gunz kids on Jow Forums
>ever
You cannot sell a completed 80% without a serial number. Sell being the key word.

>doubling down on being wrong

Federally, you are free to sell a completed 80% receiver as long as you are not "engaged in the business" of manufacturing or dealing firearms.

>Probably is the CA equivalent though.
BoF

>but not after you build it
Citation required

>$1100
>$800 in parts new
>ATF makes $300 and puts up another 3 posts on armslist

>Unless that 80% lower has been serialized and the proper paperwork sent to the ATF
F
U
D
D

Do everyone a favor and shut up, you clueless dipshit.

Why would it be the ATF? There's no Federal crime there.

That seems to be CA, so there does appear to be a few state crimes. I still wouldn't assume it's CADOJ, as that firearm would have been completely legal a couple years ago. Much more likely it's a guy that doesn't realize not paying attention to gun laws for a couple years can turn you into a felon. I see that all the time.

Dubs demands it

wrong

did anyone else notice that his optic is on backwards? or am i retarded?

You're simply wrong on this.

If you make it for yourself, and later decide to sell it, that's legal, and no serial number is needed. The serial engraving requirement of the GCA is only for FFLs.

If you make it to sell without having an FFL, that's already a felony, and no amount of serializing and "proper paperwork" will change the fact that you "engaged in the business" without an FFL.

Well at least you know you are now. Come on man it's an eokek.

That's an Eotech, not a Sightmark.

It's not illegal to sell an unserialized gun. It's illegal to manufacture an unserialized gun with the intent to sell it.

I think you people are seriously underestimating the stupidity of stupid people.

bumping for this