Thoughts on the Rugged Suppressors Obsidian 9?

Thoughts on the Rugged Suppressors Obsidian 9?

Attached: 71573909-C382-432B-A127-81F6ACE5EC8B.jpg (555x371, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-iZ7bHCWlMo&t=1022s
youtube.com/watch?v=5Bi7OhMC-m0&t=253s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

vendor trash

It's pretty good value for money.

Why not SilencerCo?

Overpriced garbage like all suppressors. I won't support suppressor mfgs continued gouging of the market.

I have seen them preform well. However the short version gives you about 135 Db. While the Omega 9K gives you about 125 Db, SilenceCo claims it gives you 131 Db but MAC did a test of it and they picked up 125 with 147 Grain Ammo.

It isn't a bad choice for a first designated 9mm can. Also another good can to buy is the Omega45k. I am currently waiting for an Omega 45k.

If you want a designated 9mm suppressor. I recommend the Kraken 9, I was able to pick one up for 500 dollars well bellow the MSRP.

Info on the Kraken 9: youtube.com/watch?v=-iZ7bHCWlMo&t=1022s
Omega 9k: youtube.com/watch?v=5Bi7OhMC-m0&t=253s

Also the Kraken 9 cannot do 300 Blackout.

Attached: kraken full sized suppressor info.jpg (1146x1500, 353K)

Also lets turn this into an NFA general, I am currently waiting on an Omega 45k and a Kraken 9.

Kraken is aluminum garbage.

Centerfire pistol cans are pretty gimmicky in general. You do already have a rimfire and 30 cal can, right?

Since we're on suppressor talk, what would be a better option at similar price point? Also what/how do you run a suppressor "wet"

I want a single can for these, what get? Looking at the Obsidian 9 or Omega 9k, local shop is all out Omega 9ks and don’t have an estimated time when they’ll be back. It’ll be my first NFA item but I’m probably going to end up SBRing the MP5

Attached: 2EE9713A-86B5-48C3-8DD1-E3952D2338BF.jpg (1000x750, 431K)

Why would you sbr it?

Cuz I want an A3 stock eventually and want to be able to shoot it it with a stock

If he’s already wanting a suppressor, why not sbr?

Left field choice is the Griffin Optimus. It can take 3 lug or direct thread (for the MP5), comes with a nielsen device and can be used with a fixed barrel spacer (for the M92), but you can also configure it for .22 up through 300 win mag. It's not the best as a rifle can (adds a lot of length with the extended blast chamber + baffle), but it's an awesome pistol and subgun can.

You could just say you can't afford a suppressor and have been more respectably authentic. The sour grapes thing is pretty played out.

Shit meme to be honest

>better
There really isn't a "better," but the TiRant M has similar features at a similar price. The Ghost M used to be around the same price but they seem to be about $100 more expensive now than they were last year, dunno why, but otherwise that would also be a competitor.

I'd be expecting SilencerCo to make a modular rehash of the Octane soon, since they've inexplicably dropped it from their website.

While they're not modular, the Octane 9, Resistance 9 and Kraken 9 are all good options with different specialties and prices.

"Wet" just means you squirt some kind of ablative (evaporating) medium in there. A squirt of water works and is less nasty. Some people use white lithium grease or wire pulling gel which work better and last longer but make a filthy mess of the suppressor, your gun, and your face.

Obsidian 9 makes more sense imo since you can use the long configuration when weight or size don't matter. The extra length makes a BIG difference.

>spending 500 dollars on a metal tube and 200 dollar cuck stamp

Only a tripfag would call someone against this sour grapes.

Unless you have a super dedicated home defense pistol or SBR I just use .45 ACP cans. You might end up buying more than just a 9mm someday and having the ability to suppress it without buying more than one can is nice.

>buying $10,000 in low end machining equipment to haphazardly cut $50 in material a handful of times
>buying $300 pre-manufacturered not-cans to form 1 and save $200 in exchange for no warranty
Ok I guess.

I'd rather have something that was manufactured and finished by a professional with a warranty against damage. You're paying the cuckstamp either way. Or not, since, you know, you won't.

Attached: 1337107873021.png (560x407, 18K)

>10k in machining to make a suppressor

Lmao

>defending the cuck stamp

Double lmao

So I'm looking at picking up a few supressors since I'm finally going to be in one place long enough for paperwork to come thought. I've decided on the Omega 300 for my rifle suppressor since it'll cover everything I own and seems like the best in class in several areas, but I'm still trying to decide on a 22lr can and a .45 cal can for my pistols. Anything I should be looking into or considering?

My points have been demolished by this post

They're all so good these days that you can almost buy just based on price, or if you want modularity, or on baffle type. They're almost all within like 2-3db of each other, both .45 and .22, which technically isn't insignificant but it's difficult to tell the difference by ear.

I'd only suggest not getting a monocore .22 can if it doesn't have some kind of sleeve between the core and the tube, and maybe not even then. They gum up bad if you don't loosen/break them every 200-400 rounds. I shot about 700 rounds though my Thompson Machine Isis22 the other day and almost couldn't get it apart with tools, there were huge leaves of lead built up in the first two chambers.

Also for .22, while aluminum or titanium baffles are a lot lighter, being able to put stainless baffles in a powerful ultrasonic cleaner or even better use dip is a HUGE benefit to cleanup. Trying to scrape lead off aluminum without damaging the aluminum is not fun.

For .45 to be used on 9mm, maybe aim for lightness.

Isn’t grade 5 ti fine in ultra sonic or dip?

Youre saying you have to spend 10 grand to make a suppressor thats fucking insane. I dont see why I should bother since burden of proof is on you.

And are you saying you can manufacture in your garage a can to the same quality of a silencerco or Dead Air can? I like to see you try you fucking poor fag.

Some suppressor manufacturers specify not to use dip on titanium, maybe they're using lower grades? I dunno about ultrasonic, I thought I read somewhere that it damages the oxide layer/anodizing of titanium just like it does aluminum. Could be wrong about that since Thunderbeast specifically says go ahead and use dip or ultrasonic on their titanium stuff.

I've heard of people using brass cleaning tumblers with some kind of metal media instead of cork to clean titanium parts.

If you think you can make an Omega baffle out of stainless/titanium or literally any type of baffle out of inconel on a Harbor Freight Mini Mill there's nothing I can do to stop you trying.

If all you want is 1970s era K baffles in a tube that looks like a corncob from the chatter for .22 or 9mm, a Mini Mill works great.\

If you think you're making a rifle-worthy suppressor, or a very clean, new technology, complex baffle, durable pistol suppressor with a cheap or clapped out lathe, mill and drill press, you're laffin m9.

Its a fucking tube of metal. Of course it isnt going to have the fit and finish but who cares? You want to pay 100 times the price and get a cuck stamp and register it just for fit and finish?

>100 times the price
Woah, who makes $5,000 suppressors for 9mm?

Stop shifting your goalposts and wrecking the thread. You don't want to pay for retail suppressors, okay I think everyone gets it.

I do. I want the smallest and quietest can possible made from the strongest metals. Something your faggot ass probably can't do without copping for a solvent trap. But if you want a butt ugly, unwieldy tube off the end of your gun that probably won't last more than couple hundred rounds then go for it.

The problem is you think this Gucci shit is required or anything more than massive diminishing returns. you can makes something 95 percent as good at doing the job of quieting your gun for pennies compared to that.

>wrecking the thread

Says the tripcuck

Gucci nigger.
>couple hundred rounds

Nah its still steel dipshit. Its not magic

Well then, you've made a claim of what you can do, lets see the cans you've made for huge discount compared to mainstream manufactures and the dB reductions you've achieved. I'm sure you've actually done this, because nobody would just come on the internet and make silly, unfounded claims, right?

Attached: 1557114530978.jpg (250x236, 7K)

>Gucci nigger.
Better to be a gucci nigger than just plain nigger which is what you sound like. You're probably just as poor as one too if your so fucking salty about it.

>Nah its still steel dipshit.
Then make one. With all your kvetching I doubt you even have the skill to make a can the beats the cheapest rimfire can in decibel ratings.

I'm trying to provide helpful information.

You're trying to condemn an industry.

Frick off bud.

>condemn an industry centered around cuck stamp and identifying and registering gun owners

How awful

>>being this poor in 2019

post examples of your machining work user i am curious to see what you can do with a lathe

>You could just say you can't afford a suppressor and have been more respectably authentic. The sour grapes thing is pretty played out.
they do seem pretty overpriced compared to equivalent non-regulated finished goods. even accounting for the market size.

They are a fucking rip off but boomers and retards defend the price and defend cuck stamps and more

Just look out for
>muh r&d
>muh capital

etc. Those are the usual. Ignoring most of these are just SS or aluminum and even the ones that are inconel , inconel isnt THAT expensive.

The market is a fucking joke. I refuse to get scalped by these kikes

i have an obsidian 45. i have one small nit picking thing about rugged: they wont give you a prepaid label to ship your can back to them like most other companies do. i recently had an issue and sent it back for (minor) repair, and it had to go air like a handgun. its just one of those things thats not significant at all but leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
another negative about rugged is their trilug adapter- they make it on the tight side. so much in fact that id wager it wont fit more than half of the tri lugs you try it on. when you ask them about this, its the standard "we make it to hk specs" response yet their adaptor is a known issue.
anyway, the can is good though. aside from these two points above i like mine. id like a 9mm can and ill probably be buying from another company though. like i said, bad taste.

user

I'll let you figure out why that's retarded. Youre asking someone who says cuck stamps to post homemade suppressors.

Not that guy and I would never break the law.

Ok, fine then, Surely since he's so experienced with machining he'd have another example of his work lying around that he could show us. I think we both know it's far more likely that this user is fully of shit and just looking to stir the pot.

oh i didnt think he was advocating anything illegal just making his own on form 1 but even if he were he could post pics who the fuck is going to identify him from a tube with no markings on it?

Most these guys don't even have lathes dude. You can buy k baffles and shit pre formed or even press form freeze plugs or use valve spring retainers

The user shitting up this thread isn't talking about that he's talking about machining his own parts.

Considering I am that user no I am not. I never mentioned machining

Rugged makes a 3 lug adapter, comes with a nielsen device, and you can get a fixed spacer...

fuck off faggot its great

you are this guy? you dont type like that guy at all

Well, I want something better than '70s tech K baffles because I want my can to weight less than a boat anchor and be much easier to clean, then again I have money to burn to squeeze out the last bit of efficiency in things I enjoy and save me time. But you do you famalam, it's your money, each route has it's positives and negatives.

owner of a rugged 9 here. i am happy with my purchase.

burt, between the tirant and obsidian which of the two is a better 9mm suppressor for the money? or is it worth it to just go with a welded suppressor like the omega?

They're basically the same price. Looking at Silencershop and Hansohn Bros, the Obsidian 9 is $20 cheaper. Not much, but hey it's a few Big Macs.

The Obsidian also uses a spinoff of SilencerCo's CTA baffle, pic related, thought up by Henry Graham when he worked there, which Click Together (Assembly), sealing the baffles from the tube which makes cleanup easier. The Tirant I think still uses K baffles. They're not old style simple K baffles from 40 years ago, they have good stuff like mouse holes and complex geometry and perform pretty much just as good or better than CTA*, but they don't seal schmutz from the tube like CTA baffles. One of my Octane 9s has Omega baffles from SWR (not sealed) and one has CTA baffles from SilencerCo (sealed). The Omega baffles need to be pounded out with a mallet after a few hundred rounds, but the CTA slide right out with a finger. Old pic related.

And imo one more point to Rugged is Henry Graham, a really superior stand up dude who supports his products with no BS. I've had the pleasure of his service from SWR and SilencerCo before he left to form Rugged and he always went out of his way to please, even when not asked. For Henry alone, I personally would pick Rugged over AAC.

*According to AAC's numbers, which I have no reason to doubt, but I didn't go and look up a reputable head-to-head metered comparison. I'm sure you can find one

Attached: baffling.jpg (1200x1800, 694K)

Are solvent traps illegal for purchase? I figured I get one and fill out a form 1 and get my stamp if I ever decide to turn it into a fun tube.

Attached: s-l400.jpg (400x400, 20K)

But the Rugged isn't rated for nor can it attach to rifles. The Griffin attaches to anything with a taper mount as well, so you have a bunch of muzzle brakes, flash hiders, and in between type devices to choose from.

What rifle caliber would you use it in? You can just get a fixed mount to use it on a PCC, that's what I'd like to do

I use it on a 6.8 and a 5.56 while I'm waiting on my rifle can to clear. After that it will probably go back to only subgun/pistol duty but it is nice having the option to use it rather than swapping a can between rifles on the range. It's not too bad with pistols but my 11.5" SBR heats the fuck out of them to the point where it's uncomfortable even with an oven mitt.

That is basically what they are for

I want a centerfire handgun suppressor. No budget. What should I buy?

Looking for 9mm but I’d consider a .45

Yes but you're an idiot if you waste a $200 tax stamp on a shitty ineffective product like that.

yeah nigga get the Kraken you can find them on gunbroker for 500

This imo, too much money to waste on an oil filter. Just like with wipes, the oil filter is a silencer part. It's not legal* for you to replace the oil filter once/if it wears out either.

*I guess this depends on how much value you put on ATF determinations. Manufacturers won't sell you replacement wipes because of this, you have to send the suppressor in to have them replaced. There's nowhere for you to send a """""""""""solvent trap""""""""""" for filter replacement.

All the ones suggested in this thread are good.

Because I don't care about modularity, I'd probably get a Kraken if I were buying today, just be aware that it's not as durable as others with stainless steel or titanium baffles. But for 9mm it's fine. I don't mean to upsell the Kraken, but it's very light. I like that. Gemtech has a really light one too, the GM9, but it's a monocore. Yuck. The Kraken uses Orion baffles, currently the best performers on the market from what I can tell, which also keep the tube clean.

Energetic Armament is another new company that has made a big splash with the Vox, I'm very interested to see what they do for their first pistol suppressor, it could be pretty super too.