Choice of modern gear and armament in the Fallout universe

The stage is set and you wake up in a abandoned shack with a severe headache and a sore asshole. As a regular wastelander just trying to survive what modern day gear and armament would you like to have to lower the chance of getting gang raped by raiders or gooch swatted by a death claw? Keep in mind no HP nonsense, bullets are bullets and flesh is flesh

Attached: 7B695C22-99DF-4A52-B813-38C6B20700A1.jpg (616x353, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kjyeCdd-dl8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah.

yeah

Indeed.

I'm actually gearing up for a new Vegas replay rn. Got off work and immediately started downloading mods. Changed 5mms name to .300 blackout in geck because only the assault carbine uses it and I don't like made up cartridges breaking my immersion. Very timely thread op.

so i heard fallout 76 is a great game. have you guys bought your copies yet?

20 inch AR with no charging handle and wood furniture

Go away you

Of course Mr Howard, I bought fallout new vegas 76 times.

Attached: Keyhole2.png (714x714, 214K)

>I don't like made up cartridges breaking my immersion.
How do you reconcile that attitude with all the laser guns and robots and shit?

1911, a Kevlar vest and a hatred of Ceasar

45-70
357 revolver

Glock 21, .45 ACP AR Carbine with a suppressor, as much HST as I can afford, NVGs, plate carrier and lvl III+ plates, good backpack full of basic medical supplies, woter, food

What about 12.7mm?

Assuming I would still have access to all of the weapons that already exist in New Vegas (Medicine Stick, Fat Man, etc.) then I would bring the following with me:
>5.56x45mm AR-15
>.300 Win Mag Model 70 with a suppressor
>.44 AutoMag pistol
>KA-BAR USMC knife
>Plate carrier with level IV plates
>Slash and cut-resistant upper body garment
>Backpack with medical supplies, food and water

Hows that made up?

There is a cartidge in New Vegas called 12.7mm that fits in a pistol and an SMG. My guess is that the closest real-world counterpart would be .50 AE.

Id take the merc outfit, a carbine assault rifle (stamdard) and 300 5mm to keep.me company. Plenty of stimps, food and water (+the ol' canteen) to hold me over while I waste motherfuckers in the Wastes.

Attached: 1558180315549.jpg (540x467, 35K)

Medicine Stick (already have one), a pocketful of my big boy truncated loads, my Big Iron, and an actual wheelbarrow full of water.

Attached: 158689.jpg (500x500, 83K)

I guess I'd go with a CBRN suit and some sort of level IV body armour in a vest, plus a helmet.
A camelback full of clean water would be nice

For weapons probably something like a FAL Para and a backpack full of ammo, until I can get my hands on a laser gun.

It's close enough to .50 ae for me

Because it's alternate history and I really can't see cartridge development playing out any differently other than like wide spread 10mm adoption. Laser guns and plasma shit make sense in a wierd way.

I thought about buying that limited edition one, just for the helmet, but I couldn't justify giving money to support the game. Vote with your wallet and all that.

Attached: 1519481611304.gif (500x281, 606K)

I kind of get that. Plasma and laser guns are straight fantasy; caliber confusion is just caliber confusion.

>because only the assault carbine uses it
Minigun. The Assault carbine was added so there wouldn't be an ammo type in game that is only used by one gun. In universe 5mm was a high speed low mass round that was phasing out 5.56, hence the native +15 armor piercing. also, if you're complaining about realism why replace the name with something that's actively bad at armor penetration?

>Because it's alternate history and I really can't see cartridge development playing out any differently other than like wide spread 10mm adoption.
You really cant see a armor piercing 5.7 analog being prevalent in a setting where heavy infantry are literal walking tanks?

He doesn't know about 5mm Winchester

5MM RRM, I'm retarded

>Dinnerbell
>This machine
>Repair
>Guns
>Survival
>Rad Child
>Hand loaded ammo
Enjoy being invincible and dealing fucktons of damage

How about some bandages brah

what gauge laser rifle though

I like be all the handloading options in NV.

Makes almost any gun viable, and makes many of them OP.

fuck the (((ncr)))
fuck the legion
fuck mr house

>not maxing out sneak getting all the sneak bonus multiplier perks, and killing anything that moves with the Ratslayer
I cleared out that deathclaws at Quarry Junction that way.

Brother bet me I couldn't clear Cottonwood Cove with a suppresed Varmint Rifle.
EZ-PZ, freed the Weathers' and everything.

>not sniping using Lucky and .357 Handloads

Git gud

I bought it, was bugged a little at first but they fix'd it up and improved a lot of thing!!!

Fuck modern gear. All I need is a toga, some Jesus Nikes and 23 knives

Not in an AR platform. P90's and the like are useless by modern standards. How would they fair against Chinese power armor?

I just don't see the army that switched to 10mm sidearms moving to something smaller than 556. It's less about absolute realism and more about "what cartridges works best in SBR ARs?" Not withholding I have mods for supressed assault carbines so 300 black cock was the obvious choice, my man.

But its not modern standards, its 250 years in the future crossed with 70 years in the past. Theres no knowing how effective Fallouts armor is in the context of real world NIJ standards, considering they've spent over 300 years gearing their armor to protect against bullets, lasers and plasma at the same time.

>I just don't see the army that switched to a hot as fuck handgun moving to a high velocity high penetration small round
Maybe an army that exists in the same world as fallout style power armor? I could see a lot of use for armor penetration in the fallout universe.

Not going full western style is crime.
Fuck off with your larp mall ninja k/ommando shit!

You be the ranger with big iron on his hip or your texas red!

There is only one choice!

this desu senpai

I wonder if alice gear is even developed in the Fallout universe

youre all retarded psueds. 5mm is literally 5.45x39, its the ak round of the fallout lore and is common in the us because russia was never americas enemy in fallout

I unironicly want a 10mm from the fallout world

>tfw shit lockpick skill.
It was early game so there wasn't much .44 to be had (didn't want Legion hit squads this playthrough)

Attached: fallout-party-boy-perk-700x491.png (700x491, 242K)

Ratslayer is GOAT
I like to keep a service rifle and a single shotgun for close encounters

Valid points. Might just change the chamberings to 556 and set 5mm as an smg cartridge or something. Idk gun runners arsenal messing everything up. I want to just the trail carbine but then I start seeing all these retardedely cool weapons for sale.

Show me proof. There has got to be a wiki article or something backing you up.

if you want real funs get the strangers .44

what, like it being used almost exclusively by the ak in the first 2 games?

THIS MACHINE

Attached: ga19-m1-ammo.jpg (1086x610, 788K)

Not the queer you replied to, but considering all ass-alt rifles use 5mm, it probably is. Could just be converts though.

Kino from Kino's Journey actually has a pretty logical loadout for a post apocalyptic scenario, or really any living on the edge scenario for that matter. Take all that you can reasonably get your hands on :
>a handgun that's powerful enough to take down any human or animal you may find yourself up against while being easy to maintain ammo for even when you're far from society or don't have a constant supply of money to buy new ammo
>a second handgun that uses cheap, widely available, and compact ammunition for when one wants something convenient and/or doesn't need the capabilities of their main handgun
>a vehicle that's simple, easy to wrench on to maintain and when it breaks down, and is generally on the more fuel efficient side
Only issue with her choices is that a double action revolver that uses cartridges would be a better choice than her Colt 1851. In the event that you feel that you need more than your main handgun for a situation, then consider adding a shotgun as they're also simple, easy to maintain, are generally effective without having to worry about putting multiple rounds into a target, and easy to reload for.

Attached: Kino visists the land of MURICA.jpg (1441x2048, 568K)

All I need.

Attached: zip beast.jpg (1200x690, 93K)

Came here to post this.
45-70 lever gat.
.357 revolver

YOU AGAIN. FUCK OFF LEGION SHILL NCR IS Jow Forums AF

BAR (from dead money dlc)
Ranger Sequoia
Duster, Riot armor or some variation.
Anything else need not apply.

trip 3's

Attached: 1466536461675.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

Based retard

Your god damn right removing Tribals, Robots, Raiders, Gangs, Civillians, Mutants and anything that moves under the fucking glaring mojave sun all the while dealing with the corruption of your shit heap government burdened with bureaucracy. Is the most based and Jow Forums pilled thing imaginable.

Oh man, would love to replay NV but its seems such a chore to set up again.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind delving back and checking out Tale of Two Wastelands. The mechanics in NV were good, but the story in Fallout 3 was better. This mod combines both the games, quite literally.

>tfw I want to replay New Vegas but I'm a console babby who'd have to play it on the PS3
I don't know if I could tolerate all the bugs and crashes again.

Attached: Cowboy.png (500x500, 76K)

It was fine on the 360, don't know what you guys are on about.

The PS3 version is pretty bad. Crashes are common and it's virtually unplayable after about 70-80 hours on a save file. You got severe framerate drops and freezing. Literally 1 frame every two seconds.

You don't own any kind of pc or laptop? The shit runs on a potato desu. Just use your mom's old work computer or whatever. There is no way a grown adult doesn't own some kind of computer in this day and age.

It's not. NVSE, 4gb enabler and NVAC are all extract and drop files. Only required mods are those just mentioned and NMC's texture pack. Takes maybe 10 minutes to install everything. Any mod after that is just tailoring an already good enough experience.

I just love it. Love watching people bash it that is.

youtube.com/watch?v=kjyeCdd-dl8

Touche. I did buy a new laptop last year. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it could run New Vegas with ease.

>The story in fallout 3 was better

Everyone get a load of this clown. Yeah having a supermutant (who is literally healed by radiation) refuse to do a 3 second chore in order to save your life isn't retarded or anything.

It will. Don't expect high settings but yeah I've played the game on a computer without a dedicated graphics card and you can too.

It seems you don't either

Hmm, maybe i should reinstall then, any recommendations for extra mods?

>wanted immersion
>never used the minigun or exotic weapons
>always kinda associated 5mm with the .20 tactical cartridge

I like to go for lightweight builds, and if you actually stumble upon a deathclaw or let a Legion death squad sneak up on you, you deserve to be shot/mangled.
My ideal New Vegas loadout:
>Plate carrier with lightweight AR500 plates
>M65 field jacket
>Old cowboy hat
>Glock 19 with a few mags
>.357 revolver
>Cowboy repeater w/ long tube
>Trusty Vault 13 canteen

Nigger what difficulty do you play on? handguns that arent the ranger sequoia or hunting revolver are water guns past level 10

Nigger 9mm doesn't bounce off your skull in real life

Plus OP's not talking about the game, he's talking about if you woke up in said universe

That's arguably one of the least offensive parts of that game's story. Most of the entire main story line straight up doesn't make sense and even the side quests require offensive levels of suspension of disbelief that makes the game unsatisfying to play in any way other than Murderthon 2277. Point Lookout was particularly ridiculous where the amount of people who don't end up dead or hostile by the entire DLC could be counted on one hand. Honestly, the only good thing about FO3 is that there's more to explore, but even then you end up with the theme park feeling with how different enemy factions are clumped up against each other in nonsensical ways sometimes to the point of having camps with a direct line of sight between them.

Honestly, I think it may be fun to play FO3 some with a mod that stripped out most all of Bethesda's attempt at creating "stories" along with most of the enemies and just let you wander around DC's ruins scavenging for food/water to keep going with the occasional enemy encounter.

It's called getting damage mods so that guns actually kill people reasonably quickly and shooting people in the head. If only there was a good armor mod to go along with that though. Also, this:

>Wheelbarrel full of loose water WITH water bottles swimming in it for both naximum volume efficiency and ease of use if need be

>gooch swatted by a death claw
How many subdermal implants do I need to become their brood queen?

NMC's texture pack, FCO- makes npc faces less puddyish, solid project- adds sprint and push, wasteland florah overhaul- adds more tree and shrub variety and imo makes it a little bit more like actual Nevada, hitmans weapon animations- pistols are now held with two hands and weapon reloads are done better. Just a few things to bring gun play and the open world to a more interesting level.

>californians
>Jow Forums
*snap*

Attached: 35ee95c14903b6dd66d3193894a9cf9d-480-80.jpg (480x320, 18K)

In game i love the this machine, though i realise that in real life it would be very problematic, the en block is a explicitly military system, even more than stripper clips.

Well I'm glad we can both agree the game was trash. Everything Bethesda touches turns to ash. They are arguably worse than EA. Imagine if Obsidian had another year or two with new Vegas.

I actually really liked the nonsensical side missions. Don't get started on suspension of disbelief, I like the option to kill a tree man that is treated as a God with fire, or following Lassie to the Old Well for the best damn gun in the game, or finding Mungo City, the Brain Bots, etc. Fallout 3 had the best random encounters and side missions as far as I'm concerned. The main stories are just a vehicle for fun gaffs anyways, whenever anything in Fallout took itself seriously then it was ass.

>Universe where timeline splits during the 1950's
>Thinks that in an alternate universe where u.s. annexed canada, wars with china californians would still have political views opposing his
Are you trolling or just this fucking retarded? Or do you just not play fallout?

So side yes man and remove NCR too

It could be pretty glorious, and the legionfags would get a square deal too...

>new cringe republic shill is seething this hard

Attached: hahaaaaa.jpg (398x376, 37K)

Thats fair enough i forgot op said real life, in which case that post is pretty based.
This is only acceptable if it makes you die really fast as well. But in a similar note try jsawyerultimate on hard or vhard, youll need to upgrade guns like i had said before but damage is completely rescaled, you and enemys armor is actually more effective in terms of dt (lower damage than dt only 20% gets through to your hp) but hp is fucking halfed or something. So if your wearing power armor or body armor getting dinged with 9mm x30 is almost non issue but 1 .308 will wreck your fucking shit

>As a regular wastelander just trying to survive what modern day gear and armament would you like to have to lower the chance of getting gang raped by raiders or gooch swatted by a death claw?

The OP 44Mag levergun and the stealth suit

Mainland Ncr is literally the best place to live in the canon

>the legionfags would get a square deal

We know you're gay, you don't have to remind us

>Mainland Ncr is literally the best place to live in the canon

Attached: afc.png (680x545, 125K)

then why dont they go back there?

your probably trolling but do you seriously not get what i said? California and its shit gun laws do not exist in this game. All the things that make california not k i nreal life does not apply to this fictional game, In which the california faction is absolutely Jow Forums af but your a retard and gonna reply with lol ncr shill so go ahead retard.

Then what is it
The legion fucks boys though, it's canon

>Then what is it

Brotherhood DC and House Vegas. It's why all the peaceful NCR Refugees want to culturally enrich the Mojave