Does anyone have that picture of the bomber jet with the bay filled with 100 American 180s pointed at the ground?

Does anyone have that picture of the bomber jet with the bay filled with 100 American 180s pointed at the ground?

Attached: 3i1u8jy20ny21.png (498x597, 460K)

Yeah.

Checked based yeah poster

What the fuck is an American 180? You're talking about the pic of the bay filled with PPSHs.

>American 180s
Is this a new bot or something? I keep seeing this same mistaken belief over and over again.

Attached: hedgehog.jpg (500x664, 75K)

Holy shit. Did this actually function and was it ever used?

i want an american 180 so bad

Yeah. Eighty eight guns and drums are cheaper than an average bomb load and have pretty much identical effectiveness when all you're doing is strafing German horse-drawn logistical convoys.

Apparently, yeah. They used it for a few low level ground attack missions.

pic not related

Attached: c96AAgun.jpg (1400x1396, 145K)

Not to mention reusable. All you're doing is burning through a few crates of 7.62x25mm per sortie. Not that this modification was standard issue or anything, but it's certainly a thing that existed and did see at least some use according to historical documentation. Development trends led towards more effective AP cluster bomblets and larger caliber cannons in the ground support role since pistol rounds are obviously pretty limited in terms of capability, even if they're hitting the top of thin skinned vehicles.

Doesn't get thinner than a horse carriage skin

Those are PPSH41's, not American 180s
Am disappoint

This given me an idea, though. Since AM180s are unobtainium, make a wall o' volley fire. Like a hundred pipe shotguns on a board that you can strap to your car.

ROTA?

I often wonder how these people had any eardrums left. the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE must have just been deafening for them.

Probably very often, seeing as Mallock-Armstrong ear plugs were invited before then.

>88x1000 rounds/min

You could use this to pull off a vertical landing.

Attached: 1550578751980.jpg (556x610, 197K)

>"Tayshawn, give them niggas a volley"

imagine having to load all that shit, then a brief buuuuurt and it's all gone.

Actually, they used it a couple of times before working out that it was a totally useless waste of resources and shelving it.

The main problem with it was that it was pretty much impossible to hit anything at all, since the kill zone is only a few feet wide and requires the pilot to fly prohibitively straight, slow and low to even have a chance at getting rounds near the target.
On the other hand, a standard bomb load or normal front on strafe with the Tu-2's 20mm cannons had a way better chance of doing some serious damage and were also way safer to use and less time consuming to reload.

Cool idea though.

TALLY HO, NIGGA

>press button
>enemy gets crushed by a pallet of guns
bretty gud

Was actually done in Rhodesia.
It was in a thread about a month ago titled something like Lessons From Rhodesian Bush War .
Had pictures of cars and trucks with pipe shotguns arranged pointing at all angles .

Tyrese.

Those are factory Mercedes

the germans used in ear plugs since ww1
resulting for 27db SNR in todays rating, not great but better than nothing.

Attached: 333.png (300x187, 101K)