Revolvers!

Getting a wheel gun soon, pretty stoked about it. Post your revolvers and if ya think it's a good CC

Attached: 44965-DEFAULT-l.jpg (900x600, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sixguns.com/
darkcanyon.net/skeeter_skelton.htm
tacticalprofessor.wordpress.com/category/revolvers/
johnlinebaughcustomsixguns.com/writings
snubnose.info/
revolverguy.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=CEHtRkyTe-0
youtube.com/watch?v=gEHNZFTfSD8
youtube.com/watch?v=oZaxay1eXks
youtube.com/watch?v=eJbsLrAxNjY
youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E
youtube.com/watch?v=ZunVgm8tAMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=O1umkX3wM58
ballisticradio.com/2018/01/31/if-you-cant-get-it-done-in-8-6-7-or-5-podcast-season-5-ballistic-radio-episode-238-january-21st-2018/
smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-bodyguard-38-no-laser
smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-bodyguard-38-integrated-crimson-trace-laser
youtube.com/watch?v=rz_m4M8CAe0
youtube.com/watch?v=UZsber37rKU
turnbullrestoration.com/product-category/the-showroom/turnbull-finished-firearms/?filter_model=gp100&filter_make=ruger&filter_inventory-status=current-inventory&orderby=date
titaniumgun.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I daily carried a S&W642 for 8 years before i bought a compact auto.
It was a comfortable and easy to conceal and carry gun. I had pretty strict engagement parameters though, due to the limitations of it. Short range and low ammo capacity. basically it was a gun to stop a mugger at point blank range and not much else. Theyre fine for that purpose, but be aware of this.

Absolutely.
I carry a 5 shot .410.
My M16 jammed on me once on post when I was in Afghan, luckily the situation didn't need deadly force but it still took about two weeks for my ass hole to un-pucker. I only keep semi autos as a truck gun or home defense where I know they aren't gets as dirty.

TL;DR Yes, at the moment of truth you can't afford a jam.

Attached: IMG_0032.jpg (2592x1936, 1.79M)

Revolvers CAN malfunction tho, just in different ways.

Most revolvers can only break. They don't just fail to function.

Have pic related. It can shoot .357 magnum rounds but I think that it being a Taurus you're probably doing a lot of doing a lot of damage to the gun when you shoot magnums. It's a 2 inch barrel but the gun is way more accurate than you'll ever be - from 25 meters I can hit a coke can sized target 10 times out of 10.

Attached: Taurus_605_Blue.jpg (3627x2323, 1.89M)

Would you recommend shooting .38 only from it then? Or do you carry both calibers?

Have many wheelguns, love 357s and 38s the most.

S&W Model 60. I’m a small person so probably no on the CC.

Attached: 40FAB6CA-28C4-463C-848D-75A2B92D0A67.jpg (1000x750, 258K)

Pic related has been my CCW since I got my permit 6 months ago. The holster not only makes the weight bearable, but it's downright comfortable with the way it distributes the weight. I bring the semi-auto to low-risk areas where I'll be out of the house for like 10 minutes, but anything else warrants bringing the strong boi. I feel more comfortable carrying this than I would a Glock 40 or other powerful mag-fed gun since I'm much more accurate with it than I am with any other pistol, and it has rifle ballistics with 185gr loads which nearly guarantees any shot to the chest will incapacitate rapidly.

Attached: received_2291442767537961.jpg (1920x990, 87K)

>if ya think it's a good CC

if it works for you....

but technology advances for many reasons which produced the semi-auto

I have a few spinbois. When it’s cold enough to wear a jacket I CC this 3” Model 65 ladysmith.

Attached: 1E60EA77-BAB6-405E-8FF0-AAF60D150BF7.jpg (3744x2808, 3.2M)

If it’s hot I just put this 637-2 in my pocket.

Attached: CE78E215-2970-4E25-B469-F32730BF1373.jpg (3361x2523, 1.88M)

If I feel like OCing I have this 586 no dash with some nice cocobolo grips.

Attached: 0105A755-7948-4C36-9381-C66A6EB1878A.png (1334x750, 1.54M)

Its my summer carry. I like small revolvers more than small autos. Loaded with 110gr critical def +p

Attached: download_20190521_110801.jpg (3024x4032, 1.75M)

what if I work in a legally restricted nogunz zone?

But for every malfunction a revolver can have an autoloader can have more. If your autoloader fte's or jams you've got to drop mag and rack the slide where with a revolver you just pull the trigger again.

If a gun is designed to fire .357's I don't think your gling to do much damage to it using the ammunition it was designed for. Espevially considering Taurus comes with a good lifetime warranty.

Are the Rhino worth it?

Attached: B7B1523E-D692-4229-9603-AC4BEFCB1F85.jpg (1350x900, 97K)

And technology didn't leave the revolver behind, new revolvers come out regularly. Sure you don't have the capacity of an autoloader but the revolvers of today are far cry's from the SAA's of yesteryear.

Then break the law pussy
t. Totally not ATF

there are certain laws I'm totally cool with breaking, but I'm not sure I want to enter that fight

I can't shoot that DA trigger

You could if you practiced. Shit load of dryfire and range time and you can git gud just like anyone else who has put in the work.

Nope

Found a s&w Victory model (38 special) in good condition for $325 at an lgs. Should i get it?

Attached: images (3).jpg (342x147, 7K)

If it's in good mechanical shape that's a good price even if it doesn't have the original smooth grips.

Attached: YES.jpg (912x317, 88K)

sixguns.com/

darkcanyon.net/skeeter_skelton.htm

tacticalprofessor.wordpress.com/category/revolvers/

johnlinebaughcustomsixguns.com/writings

snubnose.info/

revolverguy.com/

youtube.com/watch?v=CEHtRkyTe-0

youtube.com/watch?v=gEHNZFTfSD8

youtube.com/watch?v=oZaxay1eXks

youtube.com/watch?v=eJbsLrAxNjY

youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E

youtube.com/watch?v=ZunVgm8tAMQ

youtube.com/watch?v=O1umkX3wM58

www.thesixgunjournal.net/a-revolver-buyers-checklist/

ballisticradio.com/2018/01/31/if-you-cant-get-it-done-in-8-6-7-or-5-podcast-season-5-ballistic-radio-episode-238-january-21st-2018/

Attached: Revoler_general.gif (540x303, 2.97M)

What is going on there user

I like mine. I carry at work, and I don't trust my work to not bump a safety or something, its labour intensive. I know its kinda fuddy but I feel safer with the heavier trigger. When SHTF it won't matter the pull. Its two stage and I have gotten pretty confident to shoot accurately after I hit that first stage.

Attached: IMG_20190521_145436909.jpg (2221x1341, 1.03M)

What model is that? Looks aesthetic af

i only own a cheap single action .22 so far, either gonna get a redhawk in .45acp or an sp101 in 9mm, not a huge fan of normal revolver calibers

Why not get one in 327 sig? It overcomes a lot of issues with 38 and 357, besides if 9mm is what you want you'll get better performance from most autoloader platforms regardless.

It's a j frame equivalent S&W engineered to cut as much cost out of production as possible.

smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-bodyguard-38-no-laser

You can also get one with an integrated laser.

smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-bodyguard-38-integrated-crimson-trace-laser

>overcomes a lot of issues with 38 and 357

list the issues 38 and 357 have.

Attached: 1529075130813.png (1022x731, 643K)

Ballistically speaking 327 has better performance out of shorter barrels. Plus, like that wristlet fag posting yesterday about printing his lcr22 when he ccw's, some people find the recoil more difficult to manage. Not necessarily issues for most people but those are the primary arguments in favor of 327, and give that Seems not to like those climbers I'm assuming that's where he's coming from

357 outperforms 327 in the same barrel lengths but has considerably more recoil than 38spl+P. The only benefit to .327 is gaining an extra round of capacity of a similarly sized cylinder of 38/357. The massive downside to .327 is that all of the .32 caliber cartridges it chambers are not popular and ammo choice is limited and, for most people, prohibitively expensive for adequate practice requirements.

youtube.com/watch?v=rz_m4M8CAe0

Practice with it and you'll be a better shot on any platform, it really strengthens the finger.

Friendly reminder, that it's not all caliber. A .357 airlight S&W is night and day to a white rhino. And side note that this retarded looking grip is surprisingly very nice for my "XL Mechanix gloves are too small," ass.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (800x528, 66K)

+1 round in airweights I guess? Maybe he's talking about powder burn in snubs.

I bought a 3 inch sp101 and like it a lot more than I thought I would. I find remington golden saber .357 more manageable to shoot than defensive 9mm out of subcompacts so I carry it a lot now.

You should just use a top tier 38spl+P like HSTs or Gold Dots. Plenty of dakka but a real pussycat to shoot for rapid, accurate, follow up shots.

I use .38+p for home defense because I don't want to go deaf. The golden sabers are lower recoil .357 and there isn't much of a difference in a heavy gun like the sp101 than higher end .38 when it comes to recoil and for some reason I shoot it more accurately.

You should get a box of the HSTs I think you might be surprised how mild they are to shoot. My 158gr lead weak ass practice loads recoil more than a 130gr "+P" HST.

youtube.com/watch?v=UZsber37rKU

>I don't want to go deaf
That's the first consideration on your mind when defending your home?

No but it is a consideration.

What it it's dark, I shoot and miss and the potential home invader hides somewhere in the dark? Now I can't hear where he is.

You're not gonna be able to hear if it's .380, at that point you get active ear protection, but that's kind of silly too when all the concern is just stopping the threat as soon as possible.

.38 also has less flash

It's just better for shooting inside. The only reason I carry a .357 is because I live near an area with a good amount of mountain lions and I hike almost every day. I can't OC so bigger irons aren't an option. If I were only worried about people I would still just use .38 because the difference is one-shot stops between the two cartridges are statistically insignificant.

I mean, shit, if you're splitting hairs then go get a meatball for lower bore axis for faster follow-up as well. When someone breaks in my home, it would be whatever gun I had on me that can stop him.

You have obviously never shot a shot barreled revolver with full power 357 magnum ammunition. There is hey that was loud and then there's WHAT? *blood runs out of ear*

One of the funniest things I have ever seen was the video yankeemarshal made when he claimed he was "too old" to shoot 357 anymore because muh joints and shit. No mention of the eardrum he blew out just prior to that decision at the indoor range when he touched one off without earpro. Boomer faggot eternally BTFO. Oh and of course his fallback after 357 is #1 SD cartridge was.....drumroll....a 1911 in .45acp because they don't make a .46.

Rhino is a piece of shit for memelords and Chiappa is a shit company with shit QC and customer service. Muh bore axis is bullshit justification used by larping faggots to try and justify their purchase after their peepee got hard for SPACEGUN YO!

It actually makes a noticeable difference. I have one, an airlight, and a stainless all snub. .357 feels like .38 target out of the rhino compared to the airlight. Granted those are two opposite sides of the spectrum, but it's an appreciable difference.

>just get another gun to fill the same role

No. I'm good at shooting the one I have.

Yeah but the trade off is that shitty design that puts the kaboom .5" of shitty aluminum away from your shooting hand and the weak sauce lock work. All for the price of a a nice S&W or Ruger. If you want real proof that the bore axis isn't enough to overcome the Rhinos' other deficiencies look at competition shooters no one uses them at a professional level. No one.

It's a fucking meme gun. It's not for serious work.

Thinking about picking up a 3inch SP 101 in 327 and giving it the Gemini treatment.

Attached: ruger-sp101-3-inch-standard-hybraport.jpg (799x531, 106K)

What a bunch of overblown, tryhard bullshit. For any one meme picture of dumbfuck handload McGee destroying his gun, there are thousands of units without a functional problem. That's true of any platform, and CQ isn't even really an issue. No shit no one makes a race gun out of a more obscure frame anyway, that's not even an argument. I own Ruger, S&W, and even an NAA mini. It's a fine budget revolver like Ruger. Just offering firsthand experience other than internet hearsay.

Attached: IMG_20180503_133556171.jpg (4320x2432, 3.67M)

>race gun

lol you know stock divisions are a thing right? Chiappa a shit.

So, the reason not to use a snub-nose rhino is because of competition shooting? What a fucking pretzel of logic you've bent yourself into. I wouln't use any snub for competition because of sight radius. Neither would you use hot loads for competition, which is what lower bore axis is for in the first place. Fug u, fgt.

Not him, but I have arthritis that makes a heavy trigger painful. I enjoy shooting single action, but I can’t shoot something with a 16lb trigger.

The reason not to use it is because it's a shit design. There's a reason products that reach the maturity phase of their life cycle all tend to look/function basically the same and that's because products standardize around the most efficient form as they mature. This happened for the revolver at the end of the 19th century. You can see the same thing with autoloaders right now. Every new release is just some form of Glock for a reason.

The Rhino is a fucking meme because it's a marketing strategy to use a unique aesthetic to garner market share in a very competitive mature marketplace. Fuckwads like you who can't admit you want it because it looks cool just spout the same marketing bullshit as the fags who got your money but that doesn't change the fact is brings nothing new to the revolver world but shitty memes.

Damn had no idea I needed this

That's because you're using the same metrics for things that are mechanically way different. They have the same revolving cylinder but completely differently functioning fire mechanisms. So, no shit they're different. I wouldn't compare a modern run-of-the-mill S&W to an old school boot grip colt SAA either. Completely different designs.

Also I started the conversation with the Mateba, so quit being obtuse and gay about manufacturing. That'd be like me calling you a faggot implying you said Smith and Wesson is the same build quality as Taurus.

>you're comparing things that are too mechanically different
>compares swing out DA revolver to a SAA

lol nigger you need to stop.

Attached: 1555444392261.jpg (479x361, 55K)

wimp wimpy wimpy

Attached: justkillmenow.jpg (648x435, 115K)

Try reading. It could really help you out one day. You see, that's called a direct comparison, children. Of how retarded this poster is.

beefy beefy beefy

Attached: BFYE9gZ.png (1309x847, 2.3M)

Carry a 637 every day in an alien gear iwb. Super light and comfortable I carry it every day even at work. I like to load first round snakeshot while hiking with it. Can't go wrong with the wheelgat

Attached: IMG_20190211_222439707_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg (3840x2160, 2.42M)

Post your smoke wagons?

Attached: 20190521_170940.jpg (4032x3024, 2.77M)

Attached: Snake Eyes.jpg (2800x2133, 2.29M)

If I had that kinda money to burn, you bet your ass I'd do it. Beautiful work.

Buy case colored GP100 from Turnbull and then have Gemini do their thing.

turnbullrestoration.com/product-category/the-showroom/turnbull-finished-firearms/?filter_model=gp100&filter_make=ruger&filter_inventory-status=current-inventory&orderby=date

Attached: Ruger gp-100 Case color.jpg (2430x1620, 1.19M)

Would look better stainless

You can't case color stainless you uncultured swine.

Attached: RugerTurnbull020.jpg~original.jpg (1600x1200, 441K)

Attached: Turnbull silver-bluebisley.jpg (1000x727, 92K)

Attached: 508b.jpg (457x640, 87K)

Whatcha got ther user

Attached: 1557142551556.jpg (287x320, 14K)

Attached: S&W Case Color.jpg (1024x768, 107K)

Maybe he has other people in the household he wants to be considerate of.

I keep muffs by my bed, but my family doesn't do the same.

Yeah. Bodyguard j frame. For being cheaper it's solid. There is some obvious wear on the cylinder but it's never failed on me. No issue with +p though kick can surprise some anons of the smol variety.

There was the laser pointer option but I didn't want the extra size.

I am, however considering some glow paint for better sight acquisition.

Points like any j frame. Grip could be thicker for consistent shooting, but since it's my pocket/discreet carry I don't want it bigger.

I know sub compact and compact reliability has come a long way but I've seen too many compacts stovepipe when I was a kid with Dad+friends. Could be they're retarded and shooting wrong loads, possible with my dad, but failure to fire is pretty much impossible. I use good ammunition, which you want in a carry.

>Grip could be thicker for consistent shooting, but since it's my pocket/discreet carry I don't want it bigger.

This is why service grips plus grip adapter is peak performance. It adds circumference in the only space that doesn't also add bulk in a dimension that effects concealment.

Attached: 100_2684.jpg (2048x1536, 843K)

That's probably one of the best CC choices ever in any climate.

I love that aesthetic. Where'd you get the gold parts?

Post more spins

Attached: 448161C5-BAA9-46C9-8277-87B73559D0F9.png (1334x750, 1.6M)

The parts are stainless steel that I hand polished and had coated in TiN.

titaniumgun.com/

Here's a pic I took before I polished anything.

Attached: 100_2383.jpg (2048x1536, 457K)

I daily pocket carry a 642. Pro tip, don't go into a church in an overcoat (commonly mistaken for a trench coat) and tell them you are possed by demon of sex. They will call the cops on you and you will have a lot to explain!

Can someone explain to me why someone would buy a new Single Action Army for $1800?

Attached: 37801.jpg (900x388, 26K)

>Sure you don't have the capacity of an autoloader but the revolvers of today are far cry's from the SAA's of yesteryear

Revolvers from 30-50 years ago are unironically better than modern ones in most parameters. No hillary holes, better/tighter lockup, more aesthetically pleasing, etc.

Someones gotta

DONT NEEDA BE PAYIN FOR SUM MEXICAN OOBERTEE WHEN I CAN BUY MERICAN! COLTS THE ONLY BRAND I NEED

Thinking of getting the 2 inch da/sa version of the kimber k6s and buying the longer grip that comes on the 3 incher when I pcs back to the states. Got to fingerfuck one a while back. Loved the trigger and how it shot, . Not to mention the fact that its got 6 shots of .357 in the size of a j-frame. Anyone have experience carrying it?

Attached: 2019_ProductInfoSheets_K6sDASA.jpg (2550x3112, 2.65M)

>my car from the 70's is just as good if not better than modern junk
You're not the first to claim that sentiment

Not a good CC, but this is my favorite revolver.

Colt Trooper Mk III from 1977. Smooth as glass.

Attached: 20190519_092101_1558392763991.jpg (960x720, 119K)

It's too heavy for pocket carry so why wouldn't you get the 3"bbl if you're gonna be belt carrying it?

I can't tell if this is satire or not.

Attached: S&W 1st Model Triple Lock.jpg (4000x3000, 2.53M)

Attached: s+w-triple-lock-collection.jpg (5028x3348, 3.43M)

Attached: S&W King Super Target Triple Lock.jpg (4592x2108, 1.29M)

Attached: S&W 44 Hand Ejector Triple Lock.jpg (1800x1065, 282K)

Because that's one less inch of metal poking into shit every time I sit or move around. I like snubbies, and even though I would still shoot it at the range alot, I would probably never stretch out to ranges where the extra inch makes a difference in accuracy or shootability.

You obviously have little experience carrying a gun. That inch doesn't mean shit for conceability or comfort. Here's a pic of a 3" LCRx, which is very similar to the Kimber compared with a G19.

3" is best inch for a belt spinboi.

Attached: LCRx comp.jpg (4160x2080, 597K)