Imo ALL pistols are overpriced...

imo ALL pistols are overpriced. having worked in several factories cannot fathom how any pistol cost over $500 if psa can chunk ar's for $500 all gd day how tf is something that is 1/5 the material and so much simpler costing more?
never bought nice guns so yeah nice mill lines and qc might be nice but every fucking "wonder 9" i see is just ridiculously priced for what your actually getting.

Attached: GLAWK.jpg (193x261, 8K)

80p builder sells kits for less than $500 USD.
They're mostly Glock builds but it's still something unlike the p320 builder kits going for around $600 - $800.

There are a lot of factors that go into gun pricing. Materials are actually a fairly small one.

Machine time is a much bigger factor. How complex are the milling operations? How many must be made? How fast do they wear out the tooling before it has to be replaced/recalibrated to maintain specs? How high end does the tooling have to be to cut the material you are using? How much hand fitting is required?

Then there is the red tape. The gun has to have a serial number generated and logged in/out if inventory. If it's imported, it must deal with the chain of custody procedures in it's home country/while shopping/in customs/received by an importer and then distributed.

Then there is the overhead cost of shipping, middlemen and shelf space at a retail business which needs a profit margin to survive and must go through a mountain of paperwork daily to do business at all.
Then there is the factor of gun sales to civilians being piecemeal, rather than bulk. This means making numerous different models you think will sell, some of which will just sit on the shelf, especially if the whole market slows down for a bit. Even when you sell it you have to account for warranty returns and other unique CS issues.

A Glock costs something like $150 to actually manufacture, but about the same to get to a shelf. They need their $200 (or $100 on blue label) profit margin to cover all of the ones that don't sell, support CS, and make the whole thing worthwhile.

It's much easier and more lucrative to sell the same gun to a large government contract at $300 a unit because it's all going to be one or two models per order rather than ~50, no middlemen, only one or two layers of red tape rather than 5+ and they have paid armorers on their end to fix/prevent damage rather than getting broken guns shipped back by customers because they did something stupid.

$150 my fucking ass. and again looking at psa and bca etc. ar's are alot more expensive. the more material, the more milling and shit has to be done. every pistol i pick up seems to be in general pretty goddamn shoddy on the finish work. it's ridiculous how shitty boomers let pistols quailty get

Yeah OP you should write a letter to Glock about how they need to lower their prices because of PSA and sheeeeit, right my nigga? Fist bump, homie.

PSA doesn't just operate an AR manufacturer. They have physical stores that all seem to be doing very well and indoor ranges. They get income off of clothing sales which is usually 100% mark up. They get income from ammo sales which is also a large mark up. They can afford to chunk AR's out at a less than desirable margin because they don't rely on them to survive. When you buy an AR from them usually people also buy magazines, accessories, ammo, etc which is where they make the real money.

>G19
>9 rd mag

Attached: gc1_16.jpg (635x478, 85K)

That's a g26

Its another
>everything should cost no more that the materials it's made from
Episode.

Go on and remind us how there is only like 1000 dollars of steel in a car and how it's like totally unfair

Attached: 760.png (500x481, 270K)

fucking commies man. Labor costs money and those who put in time to make and transport it should be compensated. just because the raw materials cost $150 doesn't mean the gun should be sold for $150. The designer, guy overseeing the molding/milling, even down to the trucker who delivered it.

Attached: 1553150062527.png (1267x785, 97K)

Once you learn to enjoy the irony it's hard not to laugh
>I'm not getting paid enough for my labor!
>But nothing should cost a single cent more than the coat of raw materials that haven't been mined yet

All of that is true. And you're also forgetting a huge cost incurred by any firearms manufacturer: liability insurance and lawyers

Everything is overpriced. Stop being poor.

>$150 my fucking ass
you seem fairly clueless about real world economics

this - thanks for typing all that

You should go look at the price of a basic CNC machine, then understand that it needs to be run 24 a day to be profitable and the people who run it make $25 - $40 an hour depending on skill, you also need to have an engineer design the part, and program the machine to make the part.

Because the cost of materials is hardly what makes the prices so high. You need to consider the tools and machines used to make such things running just about all day every day, the people who design and maintain them, the people who ship them out, on top of shit like the light bill, just to name a few things. You’re looking at this in too limited of a manner. Hell even a single basic tier CNC machine typically costs between $,5,000-10,000, and that is just to buy the damn thing.

M17s are sold to the DoD for ~$200 a piece. Let that sink in.

Attached: 1540371377941.jpg (750x557, 72K)

but they are buying 100,000+ right?

jesus fuck yall are cringe >muh communism >muh shouldnt cost more than materials
boomer cucks i never saif said either of those i worked in goddamn faktrees im well aware of what shit cost and how it is too run. and that cunt thats said "skilled labor" at $25 nigger no. literally where? most faktrees start at 10 and dont pay over 20 goddammit yall are fucking wanna be's and no ok $150 is high for production plastic injection molding cheap af now errythang THAT mass produces is cheap as fuck you dumb kikes

>Having worked in several factories
Wait. You've worked in several factories and still can't see why the price is that high?

buncha reddit fags thinking they know all about over head and making excuses for these goddamn jews.
buddy 500% profit is overpriced. in the drug world, in the food world, in the goddamn gun world too cucks

the reason why the price is high is because people WILL PAY IT.

why do you think so many glock tards have fucking 15 glocks in their collection.

cause Americans got money and we're more than willing to part with it for a good gun, or 20 good guns. That's how companies make money, which makes them and their employees happy. and glocktard has another glock so he's happy. Everyone is happy. That's how markets work, it's a beautiful thing.

Please refrain from using Gunsmith Cats reaction images until can actually tell different models of guns apart.

Attached: 1542652699695.png (400x297, 84K)

psa basic m4 16" or basic ar pistol are like 300 with a lower now.

Idk how they're making money off ammo and mags when they sell 10x pmags with a 420 round can of 556 green tips for 200 bucks bundled.

67 hours ago this man recreationally ingested 100mg of adderal.
37 hours ago he frightened his neighbors
19 hours ago he burnt his hand horribly trying to solder his tv too his microwave
And just one hour ago he made this post.
Somebody please help him.

Holy shit and I thought I was poor.
Bravo OP, bravo...

He did fine shush

PSA has the best prices I've ever seen on ammo and accessories. I imagine the margins are rather thin, but they make up for it in volume. Sounds like a cool place to work too so their employee retention rate is more than likely very high. Their model is pretty good even if it isn't insanely profitable, considering it's allowed them to make the first semi-decent budget American AK.

A logical and accurate response? You're in the wrong place man

Truth. It’s like the fast food industry. A burger has markup, but not much to make. But French fries, how much do you think a potato costs? They make more off french fries than any other product

>faktree
Oh man it's retarded.

Seriously, I love my lgs but they are asking around 15 bucks for a mag. So if you go buy 10 mags and pay tax you'll almost be at the same price as psa's bundle with a can of 556 green tips. Idk how they do it but I love those guys. I can't wait for the mp5 to get dropped I'll buy one asap. I heard they veteran owned and his whole goal is to get as many rifles into american's hands that the government could never confiscate them all. People here like to poke fun at PSA builds but I honestly think they're butthurt that they spent 2-3x the price for subpar gains.

I'm supportive of what PSA is doing. For the longest time shooting felt like a hobby where all the fun was locked behind a Boomer paywall or was overly catered to ex-military/police types who go full retard with gear. PSA really fills the gap for that "niche" of people who just genuinely enjoy shooting for the hell of it.

Guns are typically under priced. The only argument to make that they are over priced is you're limiting your search about where to buy and transfer fees and background checks about average it out so it's around the same.
The only possible argument that they're over priced is that the economy sucks and everyone is so underpayed while getting nickle and dimed for what they do make, that they can't actually afford to get them at reasonable prices.
All those big food corporations and fast food joints and retail stores can't afford to pay farmers so the farmers have to get subsidies from the government, the workers they employ can't afford rent and transportation or really even likely food without getting subsidized. There isn't any money left over for subsistence living without really anything for consumerism. Where did all the money go? It went to people that don't understand economics, chances are they're getting groomed by communist agents when their parents are paying for them to make appearances in colleges and maintain business relationships with them afterward throughout their life.
Most guns are very reasonably priced already, the other fees, taxes, and everything else just makes it not obtainable to most people. Regulations to even go learn fundamentals about it are extremely limited and drive up the costs. It's just intended to not work on purpose. Anti-gun types get to make the rules so that they can make it not workable over a long enough time period on purpose, just like they do with every other industry.

between companies like psa existing and grabbers going full force, it has to be the best and worst time to be a gun owner.

I liked your post and I didn’t even read the one you’re replying to. The part about soldering the aplliances together was good.