Remove squirrel

Goddamn tree rats keep getting into my pole beans and digging them up. Can anyone suggest a good, relatively inexpensive 22 mag rifle for removing pests at 25-50 yards?

Attached: BFD8F321-AD99-4356-9ABB-652DCA0E4B13.jpg (800x599, 90K)

Use 22 lr and git gud fagboy

Rossi makes an auto loader for $99.

you don't need a magnum, normal 22LR is just fine. I'd say get a 10/22.

Or, just put some hot pepper down in the dirt. That's what I use to keep critters from digging up my plants.

>22 mag
>25-50 yards
????

.22WMR is good for long range (100+ yards) or for larger animals (coyotes).

If you just want to kill them .22LR is more than adequate at that range.
If you want to splatter them, .17HMR will do that more impressively than .22WMR at any range.

22 mag is in case its a cat or possum. Thought process is why i have a fuddy aught six for deer hubting instead of 7.62x39. If i see something bigger, ill have a little more ass behind it

Do you use whole peppers or just flakes?

Just use MiniMags, Stingers, Velociraptors, or whatever Aguila's equivalent is out of a manual action.

flakes or powder. whatever's cheap and resembles pic related.

Attached: imageService.jpg (680x680, 37K)

I dunno about the need for a manual action, I've popped plenty of feral cats with a 10/22 using mini mag HPs.

Even the lower velocity options work fine if your shot placement is good.

I had though about soaking a rag in ammonia. I like your idea better tho. Thanks

Well, that makes a little more sense, but I do use subsonic .22LR on cats and possums.

A good airgun could take them out

I've never tried ammonia, but the hot pepper thing is well known. That's kinda the point of hot peppers in the first place--plants make them to stop animals from eating the fruits.

I've been using it for years, not so much for squirrels but for other animals which love to dig up the blood meal I use for fertilizer, or trying to get worms and grubs and whatever in muh mulch. I just get one of those big containers of cheap cayenne from walmart or whatever and shake that stuff down in the pots/beds. It's harmless to the plants and lasts quite a while before you have to re-apply it.

And yet the peppers have spread globally because humans like the spice

Yep. Also spread by birds, given that birds can't taste capsaicin.

Never saw the need and BB shorts are too much fun

You can take them out at 25-50 with any 22lr and basic irons if you're a decent shot. I've shot them at 100 with a rds on a marlin 795

True, but if im going to buy a .22, id rather spend a little extra for a magnum and open up my possibilities a bit. I could just use a pellet gun honestly, but you know
>wife: “just use one of those rufles you already have”
>me: “ok brittany, let me shoot the 8mm in the direction of the house”

I would get a 12g single barrel and a couple loads of homemade dragon's breathe.

Someone get that screencap of that image pls

If you're aiming in the direction of a house Maybe a .410 would be better.

Cz 457 varmint in .17hmr and you'll be able to shoot a squirrels tits off at 100yds

Just cover the area around your plants in antifreeze. Don't get premix get the 100%stuff

The cz bolt action with the bull barrel is a god tier squirrel gun

>25-50 yards
That's pellet gun territory. Especially for stealth pest control.