Are Hull techs the unsung heroes of the Navy?

youtube.com/watch?v=4xjRrx9a_O8

Attached: blood shrooms.png (2200x968, 405K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MY5JbcjbgYE&has_verified=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

From the video thumbnail, I assumed it was from the Kuznetsov. Then, I realized that the shit was confined to a localized area.

>be me
>but not actually
>be my buddy seaman Perry
>be EOD on a floating city run by teenagers
>be team lead for an EOD squad in case shtf
For background, if anyone doesn't know anything about being at sea, one of the things you'll find in the navy is certain jobs get to override the chain of command during an emergency
>enter ensign dipshit
>ensign dipshit is a fresh officer, lowest on the totem pole there is but still thinks he's hot shit because during normal operation hours he can pull rank on enlisted
>doan a drill
>leadan muh troupe
>traversan the decks
>shout down "CLEAR THE HOLE CLEAR THE HOLE"
>launch myself downward
>land on ensign dipshit
>call out sorry as I carry on
>ensign dipshit does not like this
>ensign dipshit decides once our drill is over, he'll talk to the captain
Now for further background, this wasn't just any captain, this man was a true believer in the system with more than 2 stars on his uniform.
>ensign dipshit has me called over to have a chat with the big man
>who proceeds to explain how I would get away with putting even him into the dirt during an emergency because I can keep a cache of wp from igniting and killing us all a lot better
>ensign dipshit tries arguing with the captain after he dismisses me once I explain
>must have heard him getting chewed out a full deck away
He had a couple more stories about this guy if anyone's interested

>confined to a localized area
that's a very subjective notion.

Attached: hulltech.png (317x486, 167K)

What a moron, moar pls.

Reminds me of this.

Attached: 1558267547317.png (1882x966, 132K)

>He had a couple more stories about this guy if anyone's interested

Send it.
I know the Navy has an intense officer rivalry thing going on, ie dog eat dog competition to climb the ladder, so it would not surprise me that junior officers would fuck with enlisteds.

Got you senpai
>still be me but not really
>still onnaship with ensign dipshit
>have ourselves a genuine emergency on our hands
>the white phosphorous I mentioned earlier
>that was a specific example
>moving what must be quintuple time with my bois as we force our way through to the rapidly overheating cache
>none who stand before us are safe
>ensign dipshit disagrees
>every man in my team is hollering at him to get the fuck out of the way
>sounds like a fucking train as we stop to jump through portholes
>ensign dipshit thinks now is the perfect time to enlighten me how the captain was wrong last time
>it's actually the perfect time to find out if the walls are clean enough to lick
>they weren't
>ensign dipshit is helpless as me and 4 other big seamen run a train on his rapidly flagging body
>get the situation below deck squared away and brace for the inevitable
>SEAMAN PERRY, PLEASE REPORT TO THE PRINCIPLE'S OFFICE
>get hauled in for another chat
>ensign dipshit is noticeably bruised from being used like a rented doormat
>impotent rage without end flashes from behind his eyes
>have to try my hardest not to laugh as the captain warns him for being in my way again
I've got one more that really wasn't so much ensign dipshit fucking with him, but he was on watch so he got to see how you get yourself reassigned to Siberia

pls more

I refuse to be someone could be this thick. But then again, I'm a neverserved so what do I know?

Attached: 1557851029219.jpg (900x808, 92K)

*I refuse to believe

Moar

Attached: D2bGJWiWsAEHhPH.jpg (750x742, 163K)

Pls more, I wanna hear about ensign getting bullied like the twink he is

Attached: 4036FBB2-9D52-4EB7-8CEB-0EAA169F82A1.gif (129x183, 16K)

Heck, from the way these guys describe it, those bathrooms sound like stepping into a freshly pillaged Vietnamese village.

This is the last we ever hear of ensign dipshit, you'll figure out why real quick
>onnawatch at port
>pretty dull sights
>eventually even the spoop just gets boring
>find out some marines are moving some munitions on board
>being EOD I have no trouble getting a badge to add this area into one of my walkthroughs
>badge has a sticker on it
>think nothing of this, shoot the shit with the marines for a second because they're about to bring it through
Now, just so you know, this is a big one but the procedure is the same regardless of who's transporting what. Long story short, if something is going to the elevator we use for warheads, among other gigantic loads, you're either authorized to be there, or you aren't there. Which leads us back to
>ensign dipshit
>who has somehow managed to wander here into our corridor as a team of marines is working a massive palletjack
>like one really big fucking palletjack, you don't even know
>the kind of shit you might use if you were moving something very large and incredibly dangerous around
>like a fucking nuclear warhead
>I should mention now the badge had a rad sticker on it that activates if you need to fuck off because of a leak
>and ensign dipshit doesn't have one
>don't even know how this clown found his way down here
>he starts yelling about how none of us are supposed to be down here this that and three other things
>marines spring into action assuming he's a threat
>ensign dipshit lands at the bottom of a dogpile of marines and loaded m16s
>everyone is shouting
>the nuke has stopped dead in its tracks
>ensign dipshit realizes he's one smart move from being a statistic
>looks like he's gonna cry
>as the patrolman it's technically within my duties to laugh at him while the captain is roused to deal with a potential nuclear saboteur
>he's beyond livid to be woken at 3 in the morning for this
>get dismissed and finish my watch
>hear later they couldn't unjam the brakes from the sled
>never see ensign dipshit again

>fetuses (has happened 12 times in my 4 years of work)
>tampons stuck to the walls and ceilings
>ceilings
christ I'll never get used to this no matter how many times it gets posted

Attached: 1528484768571.jpg (1927x1715, 318K)

That's why you stay in school kids

I don't believe you.

Attached: 1557529411510.png (335x286, 43K)

Look at the history of nuclear accidents in the US Military, and you will believe him. People are fucking retarded.

When you get to ride on the big bote with a 4 star admiral you get to see the extremes at both ends of the spectrum

No thanks. I'd rather sleep soundly tonight, thank you.

Don't google Damascus Titan missile incident, don't do it.

>ur not allowed to b hur >:(
Is there any situation short of an active battle where a small squad of marines plus EOD fren moving something the size of a minivan through the ship to a freight elevator WOULDN'T be allowed to be there? Like I know you someone could go full agent 47 to look like they belong while dicking around but who the fuck would be so dedicated to trespassing they'd BRING A NUKE.

Yes, they are. Because no one else in the Gator Navy on a boat smaller than an LPD has any idea how to weld anything. Least of all the Marines aboard.

Someone post the greentext about the female HT would had to weld a plate on a leaky AAV so the Marines didn’t have to abandon it on a beach.

Question from a former NROTC nonserve.

What warfare community does EOD fall into now? Not Surface Warfare, right? When I was a MIDN the few guys who went on to be EOD or Diver officers were classified “Special Operations” (as opposed to Special Warfare for the SEAL and SWCC officers)

I never realized how incredibly disgusting women and menstration were until I got married.

Prob OIC at a SOSUS station

This. Why the fuck would marines be moving a nuclear warhead? There are no Marine aircraft capable of carrying nuclear weapons. I guess the F-35B could fly with B-61s, but that wasn’t until very recently.

Paulie was a fucking liar

That and the entire week of insane mood swings.

Marine shipdets have always been in charge of nuke security on Navy ships.

Huh, never knew that. I’m assuming anything on a carrier is just gravity bombs, right? Or can you not really talk about that?

Or Goldsboro B-52 accident

Mine doesn’t go crazy, but I know when she’s on it because I’ll enter a bathroom and want to gag. Idk why that stuff smells so much worse than the worst shits I’ve ever had. Like literally reeks of rotten animal carcasses. I’m smelled fresher corpses.

I wouldn't be able to tell you that, the way my buddy described it, it was meant to be on a missile the ship could launch should it need to do so

I thought Marine F-18s could carry B-61s and B-83s

Interesting. I’m sure some CGs and DDGs carry nuclear tomahawks.

When was this, then? I know that the Navy had nuclear Tomahawks for a while and are thinking of bringing them back if they haven't already, and they used to have shit like nuke-tipped ASROCs back in the Cold War

>Damascus Titan missile incident

That's not as scary as you'd think. A fuel fire isn't going to make a nuclear warhead detonate. In order for that to work you'd need the shaped charges all around the nuclear material to detonate with perfect order and timing, and I'm willing to bet that the explosives they use aren't the sort that you can detonate with fire.

My ex once described her "heavy" periods as the bloody, fleshy, wall of her uterus literally getting scraped off and shat out of her vagina. That would explain the rotting carcass smell. I dunno, human bodies are just gross. I don't know how anyone could be a doctor. I could never do it.

Attached: 1538343953054.jpg (1024x1024, 88K)

Nuke Security on Navy installations has historically been the responsibility of Marine Corps Security Forces (the same guys who make up the FAST teams). They have a company+ sized element at all the sub bases.

Marines used to guard the reactors on carriers too, but that duty was passed to Navy Master at Arms in the past decade.

The Navy has a sort of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy on nukes aboard carriers. Some countries don’t allow our carriers in their ports (while allowing any other US warship) for that reason.

He was 19 at the time and that was near 30 years ago now. It very well could have been one of those power grade nuke tipped missiles instead of an outright nuke, or maybe my buddy accidentally opsec and I'm gonna get blackbagged for posting about it. Whoops

Attached: 1543017666355.png (549x560, 258K)

Probably not. Nuclear tomahawks are more likely the domain of the SSGNs

What’s scarier is the prospect of spilling hypergolic liquid fuels in an enclosed space.

Yeah hers aren’t always THAT bad, but they always reek. Usually stuff like this doesn’t bother me.. but there’s just something different about it.

Let’s change the subject bro. This is ruining my coffee.

Marines perform all shore nuclear security duties for the Navy... Look up Marine Security Forces

>mars bluff incident
>pilot gets warning that the bomb harness locking pin isn't engaged
>bombardier goes to fix it
>pulls himself up to fix the locking pin using the emergency release pin
>bombs south carolina
At least the fission core was removed

youtube.com/watch?v=MY5JbcjbgYE&has_verified=1

There’s also the Tybee bomb incident where a B-47 carrying a hydrogen bomb collided with an F-86 during an exercise and had to jettison the bomb to land safely. It’s still somewhere off the coast of Savannah, GA, and there’s some ambiguity as to whether or not it was armed given the posture of SAC at the time.

Read about that one, fell on some poor family's farm. Even though the fission core was removed the conventional explosives still went off and wrecked their shit, luckily they weren't seriously injured

Idk but the marines have three aircraft right now capable of carrying a tactical nuke. The FA18, the AV8, and the F35 can all carry B61’s.. all NATO and USAFE dual and multi role aircraft are required to be able to in fact. The F22 and F35 can carry them in their internal bays too, btw.

The AV-8 can carry B-61s? I never knew that. That’s pretty cool.

They don’t have sole responsibility. Navy secfo share duties with them.

Imagine being a small town lawyer and getting the sue the federal government for millions because because some 20-something SAC pilots dropped a fucking bomb on your client’s property.

>tfw no safety officer qt gf to have my ass

Attached: 1490322442175.jpg (500x371, 42K)

Yup. British and Spanish harriers can too. Required under our nuke sharing agreement that all USAFE and NATO multiroles be able to. They only weigh like 700 or 800lbs.

Idk how often CSG’s pack them because it’s outside my purview. But it’s certianly plausible that they could, and I know some marine/navy secfo guys get nuke training from the Air Force and yankee whites.

Why even live desu

Every ASROC was nuclear tipped.

so what you're saying is take diving and salvage lessons, rake in gorillions from whatever goatfucker can shell out for it, and watch israel glass all their neighbors after they use it?

Maybe get James Cameron to help fund it.

The coast off of Tybee island is murky and the bottom is muddy silt. That big H-bomb is well buried.

If you can go 5k meters down, sure. But if you think somebody with a ship and submersible tooling around an area the Air Force or Navy know they lost a nuke you’re going to get some unpleasant attention.

For the one outside Georgia? Might not be that deep but it’s under sixty years of silt. So good luck.

So this is how he's gonna finance the next 32 avatar films

It would unironically be more logistically plausible to build your own nuke from scratch.

Attached: 357.jpg (540x362, 44K)

There’s been a couple of serious attempts to find the thing but the Savannah river is mildly radioactive due to all the granite it picks up in N. Georgia, so good luck finding it. It’s also worth noting that the water has

I fucking love Navy Plumber Boy. The dude is a legend in my book. Master of his trade, enjoys his work.

i mean what are the odds of the thing going off at this point. you'd figure they would have been able to find it already

Even if the explosives somehow become unstable and detonate around the plutonium core, which is incredibly unlikely, it won’t be able to set off a fission reaction. Explosive lenses in implosion triggers have to be detonated more or less simultaneously across the surface of the fissile material to set it off.

You'd think some funky sonar setup like geologists would use would find it easy enough since the bomb and mud are so drastically different in consistency, but I don't know the first thing about geologic sonar operation so there's probably a million and one problems with that. Maybe they should just set off a nuke on top of it to clear out all the mud, seems pretty foolproof

I think they tried sonar, metal detection, and Geiger counters at various points with no luck. That thing’s probably gone forever.

Man, it's one thing to lose a nuke, it's a whole other accomplishment to lose one so bad it gets fucking bermuda triangled out of reality in less than 20 feet of water less than 5 miles off the coast of a major US city.

The pilot got a Distinguished Flying Cross for landing the thing safely IIRC. It’s sorta funny overall. Living well within the projected blast is always a bit unsettling, though.

A phenomenon limited to western females only. Or rather limited to places which discuss it, thereby creating the idea that acting like a mad bitch one week out of four is to be expected and so it becomes a self-fulfiling prophecy.

I guess banishing a nuke to the shadow realm doesn't cancel out skillfully salvaging a flight after a midair collision, and with 0 fatalities all around to boot

Dude, pretty much every culture has a history of shunning women on their periods. The Nepalese literally make them spend a week in some hut outside the house. The mood swings are absolutely real, and if you think otherwise, you’ve never spent a long time with a woman.

>3:30 mansplains how to burn a bra lmao

Worked at a movie theater when I was younger, the only time I thought to myself "how the fuck do you miss?" was in the women's restroom. How? How? HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MISS? LIKE IF IT WAS A MENTAL ILLNESS I'D GET IT BUT IT HAPPENED WAY TOO MUCH IN A TOO SPORADIC TIME PERIOD FOR IT TO BE ONE PERSON. WOMEN, WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION? THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?

They don’t miss, they hover above seats that are gross, making it grosser. I dated a girl that lived in a dorm with only women’s restrooms for few years. Shit’s scary.

>British harriers
No such thing.

That sounds a lot like missing. Fairer sex my ass.

USNA dropout here
I always thought that EOD was under special warfare, I know the selections were supposed to be harder than SEAL selections

>5K meters
Wassaw sound doesn't get deeper than 25 meters friend

>not just plopping your cheeks onto the seat that many a fellow man has sat upon
Why. Every man needs a bit of man ass every now and then.

I mean, she was always super grossed out by her own tampons and stuff, so she’d dispose of them properly, but some of her hall mates would just leave the bloody fuckers everywhere. I may or my not have left a period sex condom next to a couple from time to time to send a message.

>The Air Force lost two Nukes within 200 miles of each-other in the same year
Jesus

Read up on it. The mood swings are real because they are told they are. This isn't about shunning, it's about celebrating.
>Dude
No, just no.
>if you think otherwise, you’ve never spent a long time with a woman
Oh dear. Show her the hairy side if you have to.

College students are abject fucking animals, I'm surprised they don't eat each-other and start tribal wars between dorms in which the losers are sacrificed to the alcohol gods.

nigger, that's a trademark of US Navy. Incompetence, shit and piss is what USN is all about.

Attached: 1556418549441.jpg (1016x1090, 389K)

Ensign here, we’re not all this much of a blowhard. Well, a good portion of the surface warfare ones are, but the intel/crypie side of things is a lot more laid back from what I’ve seen.
Lots of twinks though.

This guy must be depressed out of his mind every single day. I bet he'll end up being a serial killer when he leaves the navy.

Attached: 1538534059141.jpg (1280x1440, 230K)

>implying that’s not what frats are
Also, yeah. One of her roommates was this super-feminist Indian chick who never shaved anywhere, and you could always tell which ones she left at the top of the trash can due to the copious amounts of pubes stuck to the blood.

Blowhards Ensigns in order
>1.USNA
>2.ROTC
>3.OCS

I'm going to need you to come back with a warrant if you're going to make claims like that. I don't know where Jeff is and frankly the rumors that he was sacrificed to Kegosaurus, god of binge drinking, are ridiculous.

kek

Highly accurate, though if you wanted to get bitty gritty A&M and Citadel Nazis should go somewhere between academy and ROTC

Centerville Beach wasn’t so bad.

Marines are literally charged with the security of nukes. Its an entire fucking MOS almost.

Wife often complains that I get a bit musky by the end of a hard workday before I even had a chance to shower/wash. And yet it's fucking nothing to the stench of her periods. Her pads smell like moist rotten meat, but hooo boy whenever I dare mention it.

There used to be dumbass.

Read the second line in the comment.

No? Wonder what the fuck they were flying from the sixties to 2015. They switched the the F35 less than three years ago.

If you’re being pedantic for the sake of pedantic, you are unfortunately in the right place.