What if we removed the rifling on a rifle?

Would it still be classified as an "Assault Rifle"?
Or would it be then an "Assault Smoothbore"?

Tank cannons are already past the rifling era and all of them are smoothbore.

How long until we see the same tech development on portable guns?

Attached: 220px-105mm_tank_gun_Rifling.jpg (220x220, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

franklinarmory.com/content/Reformation Letter.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what if you stfu and not made 2 same threads?

That would be impossible OP would have to stop sucking so much dick first

It's a "firearm" and it keyholes like a son of a bitch

AOW

Then why not increase the size of caliber (308 or .458 SOCOM cases) and shoot roundball projectiles?

We should ditch the dumb cartridge thing too and just launch rounds with powder directly.

Lets go back to the musket era

Attached: 3B06B2F9-F060-4045-B896-32EFE5E4A607.png (737x910, 454K)

Russians do something similar with their AKs

if we called the rifling something else, im pretty sure we win via leftist arguments. whats an alternative word for rifling?

Attached: bighead.gif (500x282, 1.44M)

Isn’t this what the faggy “Reformation” was all about?

Attached: DDCBF631-B1B4-4142-9F92-DBFE964AF4F7.jpg (1000x583, 32K)

Bore Helixing?

an automatic smoothbore for home defense would be neat
it's not like you need much accuracy in 25 feet

twisty boy

technically wouldn't this be like perfect for home defense? the smoothbore AR is accurate out to 100yards easy with normal fmj 5.56

What if you used gas from the gas system to rotate the barrel and impart like a 1:7 twist as the round is fired? It wouldn’t be that hard. Technically that would be smoothbore.

Exactly.

the reformation isn't a smoothbore but it isn't rifled. it has grooves on the interior of the barrel but their trick is that it does not impart any spin on the bullet so its magically not a shotgun or a rifle.
explaining why the reformation is legal alone is a great way to showcase how stupid gun laws are.

straight rifling is already a thing,no gunz

You don't need spin if you add a bit of drag to the back of the bullet. Arrows n darts n sheeiit

>guise, fuck rifling

Attached: thumb.jpg (240x240, 10K)

what if instead of rifling there were stars of david engraved within the length of the barrel

Will that inflict extra damage against gentiles?

Attached: Janet Lupo.jpg (680x667, 148K)

pirouette guides

>a great way to showcase how stupid gun laws are.
and it just got greater; franklinarmory.com/content/Reformation Letter.pdf

ATF apparently changed their mind; the Reformation is considered a smoothbore (anything that isn't "rifled" is "smooth" now), but it's still neither a shotgun nor a rifle because it doesn't "use the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore" (because .300 Blackout isn't a "shotgun shell") nor does it "use the energy of the explosive in a fixed cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore" (because isn't rifled).

No then my assault muslet will be illegal

Franklin Armory already did this my friend

So... Can I make that FA?

When I first read that, I thought it said damage against genitals, which is also something Jews do.

Attached: cocksucker.jpg (600x400, 30K)

No.

>"Assault Rifle"
What's an assault rifle?

I like this

Spinner grooves

Kek I read it as genitals too. I didn't realize until you pointed it out.

I love it when the gun industry does this. Innovations to make a distinction without a difference; just like how a braced AR is legally a pistol but an SBR in practice.
All as a big middle finger to the ATF.

That's literally what FA tried to do with his "Reformation"

Rail/Gauss gun need rifling?

Attached: 1551204820195.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

So why is smoothbore so scary to the ATF? I mean I know they always have stupid and silly rules but there is usually some logic behind it no matter how weak it may be. Why is smoothbore a no go? Just so some basement shop doesn't start selling guns en masse?

Then you don’t have a rifle, genius. Welcome to Keyholeland.
Gyrojets were shit, interesting but shit. Your point is?
Who knows with them.

>it has grooves on the interior of the barrel but their trick is that it does not impart any spin on the bullet so its magically not a shotgun or a rifle.
Then what’s the fucking point?

Spinny-winny shoot straight n grinny's

It's adorable how retarded she is. Someone who's never even heard of a gun should most likely be able to figure out how to hold it just by picking it up.

nutification

>genitals
ftfy

Groovebore weaponry.

We would need some kind of mechanism to light the powder. Maybe flint could work

A normal gun, yes, and she just about gets to some approxiation of a normal grip and stance before the AFG confuses her.
I don't really blame her for that; the fagpul thumb-over-bore stance is both non-intuitive and suited to non-asian hand sizes, and there's nothing about the top rail on this rifle that would make a novice think they're supposed to put their thumb there.

It's definitely adorable, though.

Swirly bores
>Let me get a swirlybro cone in 1:7 chocolate twist with crablegs

I want to shoot people with buttplugs.

it is laughable that you bash an Asian who tries a wider stronger grip that the individual the rifle was pimped out for

>It's a shotgun, but not an NFA shotgun because it doesn't fire a "fixed shotgun shell."

Huh. There must have been a real attitude change over at the ATF in the last few years, because that reads as if they wanted these things to be legal. The definition specifies shotgun shells can contain shot or a single projectile. It seems trivial to argue that a shell that goes into a shotgun must be a shotgun shell, regardless of if it used in rifles.

You don't need to pay the church for rifling, if you believe enough then rifling will come to you

An assault firearm.

Christ, that's nearly as bad as Assault Weapon.

They want to avoid people making assloads of cheap zip guns.

Jokes on them though, 3D printed ECM jigs mean that you can easily rifle a barrel at home.

The ATF is fine with smoothbores. I'm pretty sure the idea behind the straight grooves was so that the Reformation wouldn't be considered a shotgun.

It doesn't seem that the straight grooves instead of smoothbore had any impact on the ATF's decision, though. Perhaps they impart some sort of stabilization to the bullet, because they seem legally superfluous.

This bong gets it.

Elongated Threading

A select fire weapon chambered in an intermediate rife cartridge. An actual term in firearm nomenclature.
The term you are looking to be austic about is "assault weapon", an intentionally vague political term.

What if you did a smoothbore firearm, but had a muzzle attachment that added rifling? Its not a permanent change to the weapon.

Smoothbore black powder ONLY AR-15s sound good but there still hasn’t been a method created to circumvent the whole “muh fixed” cartridge thing to get them muzzleloader status like sharps carbines or BP guns that can be easily cartridge converted (ruger old army). Personally I’d love to see some create and start marketing cheep functional modern semi auto “black powder” pistol that can be easily made modern with an interchangeable part but still not considered legally a firearm