Without daddy America covering their asses how long would Taiwan last against the PRC?

Without daddy America covering their asses how long would Taiwan last against the PRC?

Attached: 1280px-ROC_Ministry_of_National_Defense_Seal.svg.png (1280x1000, 302K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z67BZ1T0ehU
youtu.be/kr0s2t9uG5A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Taiwan had a much better military man for man than China until the late 90s or so. The ROC Air Force would have blown away the PLAAF as late as 2005-2006

The situation for them atm is p hopeless.

Fuck off chink!

I may be a chink but I was born and raised in the US so blow me faggot

blow yourself chunk boi

otherwise Taiwan would not last very long, the chinks would use their human wave attack, suffer 350,000 casualties, level Taiwan, and claim victory over the capitalist warmongers

so yeah fuck china

Their military is built for killing protestors, not anyone who can fight back

Attached: FEFD0E6A-21DA-4161-9F05-626C9D207270.jpg (963x482, 117K)

Better than you’d initially think:
youtu.be/z67BZ1T0ehU
(Part 2)youtu.be/kr0s2t9uG5A

Normally Binkov isn’t the best source, but given the fact that your scenario excludes any allied involvement, it’s probably the best look at what you’re asking.

Not really worst China can’t muster enough landing forces yet

has the ROC even killed protesters since the KMT democratized in the 80s?

They could hold off any sudden invasion attempt.
But the PLA would be stupid to do so.
A complete blockade would be the safest all around. ROC is capable of caloric self sufficiency, But if there was no hope of the US coming to the rescue, there would be no point in resisting

Attached: rejected.webm (406x720, 2.82M)

Based Binkov poster

>Remember, Binkov may talk about fake wars, but only real peace will bring us together.

If you think the US or anyone else would come to Taiwan's aid you're deluding yourself. And I'm not even a Changposter

>rejected.webm
Brutal! Backstory or context?

A week at most. The entire ROC plan hinges on several US fleets coming to save their ass.

Yeah.

It really doesn’t, though. See Not saying the Taiwanese would win, but it’d be a fucking bloodbath for the PLA.

he’s talking about the “PL”A

Why the quotes around “PL”? They’re very good at liberating the internal organs from the bodies of people. Mainly political prisoners.

It would be a shitshow, because both sides lacks any actual military experience and WILL fuck up badly at literally everything. But PLA is just way stronger, so few weeks at most.

This whole battleplan assumes that Taiwan and China are just going to say "fuck it, let's go." one day.

China may be shitty at warfare, but when they decide to take Taiwan back they'll have all their shit together before they go ahead. The wait times to gather everything up that Binkov talks about would be mostly non-existent. It'll be a shitload of missiles followed by a shitload of planes followed by a shitload of troops. Since the whole ROC plan counts on US intervention, the entire PLA plan counts on flattening Taiwan before the 7th fleet gets there.

>Without daddy America covering their asses how long would Taiwan last against the PRC?
Even with America covering their asses PLA will stomp them. There was a Pentagon simulation about that.

china couldnt take taiwan if they wanted too, with or without america.

Source? The PLAN going up against the USN when nearly the entire Chinese force has to be committed to the Taiwan Strait is not going to turn out favorably for the Chinese navy.

Not very long, but they would give China a disproportionately bloody nose- for what it's worth.

>Brutal! Backstory or context?
no clue. but watching it is so painful, that i watch it to prove I'm still human

>Even with America covering their asses PLA will stomp them. There was a Pentagon simulation about that.
The US militarily is legally required to maintain the capacity to defend and liberate Taiwan. So if this simulation exists, and the US can't defend Taiwan, the military could be sued into reallocating funding to regain that capacity.
But my guess is that this is just another one of those, "we would still win, but we might loose a carrier, so give us more money" simulations.

All of this changes when--not if, but when--the Taiwanese look over their shoulders, decide they can't count on America to have their backs any more, and reactivate their nuclear weapons program. This is inevitable since the end of the Cold War. We have two parties in the US, one of which can't suck enough ChiCom dick, and one of which is turning towards isolationism. We aren't going to get involved, not when we could shake our heads and tut-tut about it to the United Nations.

Then the question becomes, how many mainland cities plus Three Gorges Dam are the Communists willing to trade for one little island?

I'd argue a tough stance on China is becoming one of the few bipartisan issues people seem to agree on in congress. The only people that still want to fellatiate the Chinese government are pro-corporatists that see economic value in continuing to work with the regime. Just as US businesses stopped trade with Nazi Germany once it became politically untenable, the same will happen here.

When the Taiwanese restart their nuclear program, that all becomes moot.

They got their peepees smacked by the UN non-proliferation bureau several times in the 70s and 80s for making plutonium. There was a recently declassified CIA estimate from 30+ years ago saying that if the Taiwanese really wanted the bomb it'd not take them long at all--all of this is documented on the Wikipedia page on Taiwan's "Weapons of Mass Destruction Programs," of all the lulzy titles.

The Taiwanese already have stockpiles of Sarin and IRBMs that can reach any city in China, by the way, and I suspect it's those that have kept the Chinese from reannexing the "rogue province" more than whether Obama or the Clintons were willing to risk a nuclear war to protect Taiwan.

a week? i don't know

OOF

Let you in on something, we had nukes
Least we are very close to properly producing one, a test was done at South Africa when Mandela was still in charge.

And all that was foiled by a CIA plot and a defection of one of the top scientist in charge of the program.

It’s been calculated atleast 17.6 hours if total ground invasion occurred. This has been researched extensively from statistics pulled from relevant milsim operations conducted around the globe. For example I once piloted an aircraft in arma 3 low enough to where the enemy couldn’t shoot me. That’s a good way to transport troops, think about it

I wouldn't be a bit surprised. The plutonium is the difficult part, after all. Nuclear weapons are early 20th Century tech. The bombs used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't contain a single transistor--just vacuum tubes.

Rumor has it the Chicoms have sent the message through various channels that if Taiwan announces it has a nuclear capability, they will nuke Taiwan immediately.

Given that if the Chicoms were to launch large numbers of ballistic missiles simultaneously, the reaction of the world's other nuclear powers would be predictable, and immediate, I will just say: I doubt it.

>a test was done at South Africa when Mandela was still in charge
The South African test was almost certainly a joint SA-Israeli operation. There's no reputable source that points to that detonation being Taiwanese in origin. That doesn't mean they don't have nuclear breakout capability, though. If China starts making clear moves to annex the island, there's no reason the ROC couldn't develop a basic weapon in time to greet the invaders.

>The Taiwanese already have stockpiles of Sarin
wiki
>The Republic of China may be in possession of small quantities of sarin. However, the Republic of China government has stated that any such materials are only for defensive research purposes and that it does not have any intention of producing offensive chemical weapons
I don't think that Taiwan has stockpiled chemical weapons, not that I think they are some saint-like force that would abhor such things, but their utility would be lacking in an actual war. And trying to use them as a second strike deterrence weapon would make the rest of the world reluctant to help

>It’s been calculated atleast 17.6 hours if total ground invasion occurred. This has been researched extensively from statistics pulled from relevant milsim operations conducted around the globe. For example I once piloted an aircraft in arma 3 low enough to where the enemy couldn’t shoot me. That’s a good way to transport troops, think about it
fuckin' based armachair supreme commander

>webm
This shit reminds of when my grandmother told me that the family friend, someone whom she had gone through thick & thin with over the decades, called her up one day.
The family friend was so excited about sharing details about a trip she was going to go on with her best friend, which came as a shock to my grandmother because she was always under the impression that they were best friends.
Of course she never faltered and let it show, but it did upset her to suddenly hear this woman whom she thought had a special bond with her, go on like a school girl about her "best friend" and the fun trip they were going to take.
My grandmother didn't have any friends outside of work, just my grandfather, me, and the family friend.

At the time I didn't quite understand and feel all that much over it, but now that I'm growing older and she's long gone, it really cuts deep.

Attached: 054.png (600x600, 441K)

>At the time I didn't quite understand and feel all that much over it, but now that I'm growing older and she's long gone, it really cuts deep.
Shit user. I didn't need to read that.... Because I've had the same thing happen to me.

Attached: 1557882655859.gif (696x478, 826K)

>tfw you learn the hard way that everyone loses two friends when they get a gf

It's better than your entire friend group being your GF's friends. I've been basically a shut-in for the year since she left. Shit sucks.

>It's better than your entire friend group being your GF's friends
What did you do to piss them off?

Well, it was sorta long distance and I felt weird driving four hours to see a friendgroup who I only hung out with due to our shared connection to her.

Oh, ok. You should get some friends user. I don't have any, and I can verify that it makes you think about suicide more often

Can confirm. I'm just glad I haven't taken up alcoholism as a hobby in response yet. I'm seriously considering just joining the military to get out of my current life for a few years before getting back into college.

>i'm seriously considering just joining the military to get out of my current life for a few years
that's a good reset button, but when you get out, you won't have necessarily solved the problem

That’s generally true. Maintaining discipline when my motivation disappears is the source of like 95% of my problems, so I’d like to think it’ll be an improvement.

>girlfriend was my only friend
>she had a group of friends to start off with
>she lost them over the course of our relationship (4 years)
>she just loved spending time with only me
>we're each other's only friend
>old friend visits just to say hi to me
>beautiful girl I was friends with while growing
>girlfriend gets extremely jealous, almost territorial
>never really follow up with old family friend
>a few months later
>girlfriend gets a new job at a place where only guys were working
>pretty sure they all hit on her but I trust her
>she loves her new job and I support her through and through
>she leaves me for one of the co-workers less than two weeks in
>has the audacity to claim that I deprived her of friendships and experiences with other people
>leaves without looking back, literally colder than I've ever seen her
>she now has a large group of friends + large dating pool (found out she's moved from co-worker to manager)
>I'm friendless
At least I have my guns.

Attached: 1445302775683.jpg (500x404, 20K)

>their utility would be lacking in an actual war. And trying to use them as a second strike deterrence weapon would make the rest of the world reluctant to help

If it gets to that point, where Chicom paratroopers are landing in Taipei and the government knows the Chicoms will shoot them all anyway, I predict that they will no longer have any rational reason not to press the big red button that is marked, presumably in Mandarin, "If it's gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes."

PLA can't cross that itty bit of water.
So, RoC is lasting.

>loose
Neck yourself.

In the event of blockade, isn't there only about a week of energy on the island?

19% of their electricity generation comes from nuclear power, and if the Chinese target those, it's more than a blockade. Considering how much global industry relies on semiconductors produced in Taiwan, a blockade of the country would basically make every country with a tech industry hate China, and would produce a strong economic motivation to retaliate rather than simply a political one.

>Never betrays you
>Functionality and loyalty is based purely on the love and attention you put into it
>Repairable
>Takes whatever you put into it
>helps you develop a skill
>teaches you about yourself

Are guns unironically better partners than women Jow Forums?

Yes. You have to use different lubes on them, however.

get the fleshlight stock and bump fire and they are better at sex too

Attached: wtf.jpg (1024x768, 152K)

Is that a Sexual Assault Rifle?