/arg/ AR Thread

All AR's are welcome edition
Old:

Attached: IMG_20190521_153414~3.jpg (4032x3024, 3.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

midwayusa.com/product/1003364111/jp-enterprises-adjustable-gas-block-with-a2-front-sight-ar-15-lr-308-standard-barrel-750-inside-diameter-stainless-steel-matte
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah.

based PSA

Based

Attached: 41085tGapnL._SX466_.jpg (466x303, 14K)

Can you believe FA knocked his sister up?

the rifle that killed millions...

Attached: 1EFE71A7-A3C3-4DCD-B8B6-027D5ED4DAC7.png (604x397, 164K)

Gj idorts way to get us all banned.

Attached: tonyclone.jpg (2048x1536, 1.82M)

Twas I that trolled discord

Attached: Mountains.jpg (1080x2220, 1.28M)

Reminder that if your ar doesn't look like this then there's a 100% chance you've contracted the big gay

Attached: IMGP0370.jpg (1024x768, 135K)

wow, you sure showed us

Clinging to outdated designs and tech doesn't make you cool or special

reminder DO NOT post airsoft on the forum

Nice FA clone

It wasnt even a troll attempt, just fucking around to get some banter going, and it worked

>caring about discord this badly
Unimpressive and inadequate

See pic related

Attached: Literallyniggers.jpg (396x84, 20K)

Aesthetics > some cheese grater looking shit that offers a minor performance enhancement

Bruh I'm sorry to tell you this but you're hella gay

you didn't do shit and your ar sucks

>hella gay
Post ar butthole right now

Attached: lewd.jpg (1380x1133, 775K)

That's fine, at least I'm not an ard nigger, I left /arg/ 3 years ago cause it was shit, glad to see it is even worse than it was now, dont even reply giving me a reply cause I'm long gone you nigger faggets. Go jerk each other off in discord some more.

I don't read posts that don't post ar

Don't even one but I'd piss off at least one nerd with an ugly ar. But I am thinking of getting a Troy m16a2 sfod-d clone or their xm177e2.

My handguard flexes and shit and fucks up the alignment of my flip up back up iron sight.
I'm planning on buying a railed gas block and just putting it far up on the barrel almost at the end with a front sight on the rail. Anyone got any recommendations or insight?

I was concerned about not being able to take off the handguard but once I got it off the nut I should be able to raise it above the gas block if I take off the front sight I think.

Attached: gas.jpg (880x660, 52K)

>I'm planning on buying a railed gas block

Attached: z.jpg (1333x900, 80K)

You tell me a way I can get a front sight where my zero doesn't shift with how hard I grip the foregrip.
I already got a normal fucking gas block. I just need something that is stationary to mount a front sight post. Can't use a standard A2 gas block/front sight because then I'll have to take out the taper pins every time I take off my handguard.
With a railed gas block it's attached to the barrel so it doesn't shift with the handguard, and I can easily take the front sight on and off the rail without losing zero so I can remove the handguard.

>Can't use a standard A2 gas block/front sight because then I'll have to take out the taper pins every time I take off my handguard.
Holy shit dude, how often are you changing handguards if that's a concern?

>how often are you changing handguards if that's a concern?
Pretty much never but I don't want to lose zero from changing handguard since I don't go shooting too often and I also don't want to pay a gunsmith to install the standard gas block front sight post for me.

I don't even

>I don't want to lose zero from changing handguard since I don't go shooting too often
I'm too dumb to understand this, babby steps please

Put the sight on the upper, ya dummy.

My solution of a railed gas block with iron sights on the rail works because I can just take off the iron sight, then take off the rail and be good. When it comes time to reassemble I just put the handguard back on and then the front sight back on the rail. My zero should stay the same.

If I have to use a one piece front sight where I need to take the whole thing off, then when I reassemble my zero might be off since I moved it.

I could get a one piece gas block/front sight like you see on typical m4/m16 but it would be a pain to remove and put on. Also I would have to pay a gunsmith to drill the barrel for the pins to put it on. However it should hold zero.

Front sight on upper receiver? I'm going for the long boy sight radius, not about to have a 20" barrel with only 5 inches between my rear and front sights.

Son take a seat.

Attached: 1556824269762.jpg (640x404, 35K)

Want to tell me what you're talking about instead of being ambiguous? Like I said in my first post, I'm open to recommendations or insight.

Think about what you are trying to avoid vs all the bullshit you are coming up with to avoid it. You want a to replace your gas block so you can put a retarded front sight on so you can avoid rezeroing your rifle after replacing your shitty handgaurd someday. Fuck dude. Sit down and think about it.

Attached: IMG952230.jpg (480x480, 48K)

Not to mention if you change hand guards you will most likely change the barrel nut and that will likely require you to rezero the gun anyway. Just shoot the damn thing as is. Build a new upper that's not a shit and swap it out. I don't know why I am not asleep right now.

I will have two gas blocks. One actual gas block that is adjustable and is under the handguard. And the other gas block with a rail that is only there for the front sight. I need my front sight mounted to the barrel because my handguard flexes too much to have my front sight on it. I will put the new gas block at almost the end of the barrel and I'll put a front sight on it. It ain't that complicated. Also inb4 someone shit talks me on the adjustable gas block, it was on sale and why not? I enjoy having a light recoiling rifle.

I don't plan on changing the handguard. I just might have to take it off so I can fuck with my real gas block once I upgrade my buffer in a few months.

(Me)
I'll post my rifle for you queers in two weeks when all is said and done and I've made my final decision on what I'm doing.

What are you waiting for? Sounds like you figured it out! Have you considered putting a 3rd gas block on so you can have an extra sight post for even more accuracy?

is KAC worth the 2500 dollary doos?

What I'll be waiting for is shipping mainly. Also, I'm open to ideas. What would you propose for a front sight. Can't mount it on handguard- too flexible. How will I mount a front sight to my barrel? You tell me. I figured I can use another gas block with a rail on top but if that's a bad idea let me hear a superior alternative. Only other decent idea is getting a standard m4 front sight post and have a gunsmith install it for me.

Also fuck gook moot or whoever the fuck owns this website now for these shitty ass captchas. Plenty of websites have their own captcha, why can't we.

Who here /non-anodized/ to piss off boot licking boomers at the range?

Attached: F7AB8D25-789A-479D-8F11-7A3CEEEDCA1A.jpg (2048x1536, 1.52M)

You know they make adjustable gas A2 blocks right? You can even get them as clamp on as opposed to pinned. for instance:
midwayusa.com/product/1003364111/jp-enterprises-adjustable-gas-block-with-a2-front-sight-ar-15-lr-308-standard-barrel-750-inside-diameter-stainless-steel-matte

Gib arms mount

Ypu can only get them as clam on ones, there is no pinned on adjustable a2 fsbs

I would if I could but my handguard is 15" and covers the gas port.

You can find an SR-15 for less, but you should expect to pay more for an SR-25

Why not do an anodized 80 lower? At least cerakote it so its not an eyesore

Fair enough, could of sworn I saw some that were pinned.

Your garbage free float handguard is the problem. Either get an optic and don't use irons, or replace that piece of shit free float with a standard gas block and drop-in handguards.

I have an EOTech, doesn't mean I can't enjoy shooting iron sights as well. Also need irons as back up in case of optic failure. Handguard is pretty decent, it's a 15" Aero Precision Atlas. It's just a bit too long and lightweight which leads to it being flexible. Although I am starting to believe free float is kind of a meme. I doubt there is any non neglible difference in accuracy as a result of a free floated barrel, but mlok drop in 'guards are pretty damn ugly.

Also captchas are making it near impossible to post.

Nope, I've looked and ended up paying a smith to drill and tap one for adjustable gas with a locking screw

literally who?

>I doubt there is any non neglible difference in accuracy as a result of a free floated barrel
Translation: I'm too stupid to understand deflection and POI shifts. You do realize that even boomer tier durrr rifles are free floated fudds to increase accuracy, right?

Either put a normal handguard on there and stop fuckin changin it, so you can get the most solid front sight, an A2 gas block/fsb
Or get a sturdy freefloat

>You do realize that even boomer tier durrr rifles are free floated fudds to increase accuracy, right?
Yes, I even have a free floated bolt action rifle in .300 WM of my own.
>Translation: I'm too stupid to understand deflection and POI shifts.
Obviously I'm not very educated on free floating, I retract my previous statements calling it a possible meme.

I'll swing by a gun shop tomorrow and ask them how much they charge for a front sight post install.

If your barrel isnt currently drilled for one youll need a shop with a drillpress

>tfw missed a deal of a full $500 kit on sale for $240

Attached: 658FC451-2DC4-4F3D-9401-D9798BCF756B.png (420x420, 339K)

Its just a PSA upper itll be on sale again memorial day

Just the upper? Could have sworn it had everything.

I thought you were talkin about the upper kit. Might have the lower shit too. Either way PSA is constantly on sale

It was $500 originally, so at the very least I’d sure as shit hope it had more than just the upper. I suppose you have a point though, just need to wait a bit to play rifle Lego.

That last thread didnt make it long

Attached: 50232E5F-1F18-4E33-8A44-FBFD17F1B62C.jpg (3190x1536, 1.17M)

Your BCM grip is upsidedown.

you could perhaps buy another, shorter handguard(even a cheapie). one that leaves the gas block exposed. then buy a suitable gas block and install a front iron on that.

Attached: 44268dd7276006e974ff7bff5d77aea1.jpg (564x423, 28K)

Shit thanks for the heads up

>recommends a railed gasblock
>has chinkshit airsoft optic with picatinny on it
Poetry

Freefloat is a meme, its holds barley any relavance for bench bitches, varmint shooting fudds and muh ir lazorz larpers

I do a lot of 100-150 yard shooting with friends at paper targets. All I know is that my non free float bcm would get like 3 moa while my new free float LMT is 1 moa and below.

not my picture or my gun, just a quick something to kinda sorta give him an image of what it could sort of look like. fellow wanted options.

personally i'd just do what y'all recommended and use optics and or get a better rail if he likes his irons that much.

Attached: 1427749903779.jpg (2592x1944, 2.15M)

retarded mods sure waited a long time to show up

Attached: IMG_20190516_171651709.jpg (3264x1836, 2.42M)

oh so im not even banned, what a disappointed, i wanted to read what retarded reason they had to delete the thread

Thats an awesome Colt on the bottom.
Should have adopted it over hk416.
Should have adopted LMT mrp (DI) too.

Why would they ban you for this thread? Nothing in the OP seems anywhere near breaking rules.

Buy a quality optic like everyone else (including every branch of the armed forces) does.
>but muh irons!1
Okay grandpa, that A2 fsp is about as good as you're going to get.

i already made a thread last night, i assume its deleted now because they nuked everything because of 1 retarded spamposter shiting it up with traps

An LMT upper is compatible with any lower right? Their page implies the upper requires their own lower but I'm not sure if they're just shilling their own shit. Also, if I'm noAR, should I build an AR 10 or 15 for my first rifle?

Ive seen the same with free float bcm and rainer being moa guns and friends' non free floats closer to 3 moa
it's nice if you want your rifle to shoot further accurately. I guess if youre using an sbr with some red dot you probably wouldnt care though.

3 moa is still vitals region at 300 yards on all large game in north america, at what range does that 2 moa diffrence cause you to miss what you are aiming at?

Their mrp uppers will work with any AR15 lowers
Their mws uppers will work with only a very few AR10 lowers

when Im shooting varmints at range from an improvised rest and may not have pulled the trigger perfectly on center.
If you want to larp shtf, replace varmints with an exposed human head and the rest of the body behind cover

Shot some steel recently

Attached: 0517191117a.jpg (4160x2336, 2.81M)

With 80% build

Attached: 0322192141a.jpg (4160x2336, 3.03M)

Bill have a blem sale already. I needs new mount.

Attached: IMG_20190521_153414~2.jpg (4032x3024, 2.12M)

Nice Wuggy Anime DMR

Attached: IMG_Heisenberg_20190521_163553_processed.jpg (1549x1161, 666K)

Your a sub 3moa shooter from an improvised rest in a firefight? And I did say varmint hunting is probably one place where it might actually matter, but I prefer my 22-250 when I'm going after groundhogs

MRP is compatible with any milspec AR15 lower
MWS is compatible with some SR25 pattern lowers but sticking with an MWS/MARS-H lower is recommended

Just get a Larue or ADM, its a fucking Viper PST

No

Attached: 1558482446564.jpg (600x800, 75K)

Ok and?

No, fuck you fatass, you said you were leaving, sell your shitty ar and move out of moms house

Attached: 1556222460430m.jpg (1016x1024, 140K)

The rest of your rifle sure looks like one of those, user!

I still don't know who that is, is it Burt?

Attached: IMG_Mondrian_20190521_163850_processed.jpg (1549x1161, 456K)

Ash, but not far off

Burt is fatter

Not me but ok

Attached: IMG_Comic_20190521_163651_processed.jpg (1549x1161, 636K)

I was answering who that picture is of not calling you ash.
Dumb ass

I am Ash but ok

Trip on Ash

Yeah sure, Ash