Did I fuck up? Should I have just gotten the Aimpoint Pro instead?

Did I fuck up? Should I have just gotten the Aimpoint Pro instead?

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e0_V0U4F0Co
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ksa2idJBN8&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yep. But don't worry, Vortex will fix it when it inevitably breaks ;)

Attached: 92053761-AD77-4F21-BE1A-56313D4A6D4E.jpg (750x933, 634K)

I've had one for a long time and it's pretty good. Little bit heavy, no motion activation, and I'd prefer a different battery type. It's going on my ksg soon

Do you think it’s worth it to add the magnifier?

Mine lasted 9 years and thousands upon thousands of rounds of .22 lr, .223 and .308. It always held zero. You'll be fine.

How much is the magnifier, what is its magnification, and how much does it weigh? If it's a lot, it might be worth getting their $350 x3 prism sight instead.

The bitch is so cheap. Even if you did fuck up, you fucked up right.

Really though it’s a good optic. The way I see it adding a magnifier just complicates things. As a none magnified red dot sight, the strike fire is just about as fine as it gets. Aimpoint is better, but it’s up to the individual to decide how much they wanna spend on a piece of glass and aluminum that sits on top of their rifle.

Attached: DFF950EC-F3D1-4529-BA39-79843641F49B.jpg (2048x1536, 1022K)

More weight is a no no for me. I'd of bought a lpvo if you need magnification. Mine hit all the way to 400yards on 1x ymmv depending on how good your eyes are and what you're aiming at.

Also a note, i’ve abused mine a fair bit. It’s always kept zero.

Speaking of vortex, Im on my way to cabelas redneck emporium to buy nockers for $200-$300.

Does anyone have experience with:
>Vortex Diamondback
>Leupold BX-2 Alpine
>Leupold BX-2 Acadia
>Nikon Monarch 5

I know Vortex has the GOAT warranty, but from what research I have done Leupold and Nikon both have similar warranties and tend to honor them as well.

Vortex is pretty decently liked. It’s not a aimpoint, but it’s close enough for most people

vortex is fine, dont listen to the smoothbrain /arg/ retards with more money than common sense

the line between something like the ap pro and the vortex strikefire is the line between professional grade and hobby grade. in this case, for the hobbyist, it does not matter. some people ant pro grade stuff and thats fine. dont worry too much about it you can always relegate it to another rifle or sell it or whatever. enjoy your optic

What's dogs name?

an aimpoint pro costs like fucking $250 on EE you poor
yes you made a mistake, but be glad it's a cheap mistake and not an expensive mistake

Nice dog, bro. Good looking rifle too.
Im getting that dust cover next

His name is Jax, he is a Great Dane lab mix

Thanks bro. I really like timber creek parts. I have some of their stuff on most of my ar’s

shouldve got a v8

What's ee?

Here’s a better picture of the rifle. I’m going to go get some MBUS today to put on it as well.

Attached: FD497580-AE1C-4F6E-A950-7A1CB5EE5CE6.jpg (1904x3925, 2.68M)

equipment exchange. its the classifieds on ar15.com. its also the best gun classifieds on any forum. $250 is very, very rare, i wouldnt consider than the average unless its beat to shit. $350 for a like new one is more the norm.

Nah, it's a fine optic. I have the spitfire, which is also good enough.

Vortex is the entry range of "acceptable" optics imo, but keep in mind that literally thousands of rednecks every year shoot just fine with redfield scopes. The online shooting community has a ridiculous degree of hedonic adaptation and will shit on any optic $2000 optic (ELCAN spectre TR) and while it's very cool, I doubt its value proposition sometimes.

Enjoy what you got for now OP, see how it works. High end red dots are fucked frankly, there are too many LPVOs and prism scopes in the same price range that it's hard to justify an RDS + magnifier.

Hold off on the magnifier for now, see how you like the plain red dot. That's where the RDSs shine.

Attached: IMG_0522.jpg (1500x1000, 456K)

>should i toss more money into the poverty hole?
>what if it might not suck?

Anyone got any thoughts on the Vortex Viper 1-6?

Post pic of optics you have on your rifle.

Can you get a cheek weld with that straight stock? I picked up something similar for my VZ58 with the angled stock and I hate the chin weld.

Yes, I can get a pretty good cheek weld on that stock. No where near as comfy as a regular stock, but it works. Probably my favorite rifle

Aimpoint T-1's have a higher thermal drift compared to the Holosun red dots. Gotta get those (you)'s on /arg/ somehow. The general is only good for nuggets of knowledge that shine through the shit pile of faggotry and dipshits who believe they can buy their way to the top without spending the adequate amount of time shooting to improve their skills. Not to say that good equipment isn't needed but spending money on budget and low end parts will not serve you well for the future.

Holosun torture tests:
youtube.com/watch?v=e0_V0U4F0Co

youtube.com/watch?v=4Ksa2idJBN8&t

Your dog is looking pretty old. Time to trade it on a a 2019 model.

I tried that. It's heavy as fuck, and makes a regular AR extremely unwieldy. Get a dedicated rifle for >400 yard shooting

Are these types of magnifiers supposed to be primarily in use, then sometimes rarely you flip it to the side for 1x? That seems backwards but the alternative is a big stupid tube hanging off the side of your gun.

They're very special use.
I tried to run some courses and very rarely did I use it.
But some people swear by them, because of eye sight.
Like every sight, attachment, etc it really depends on the user.

Just stop replying to him
He does this every thread, regardless of what they're talking about

I went with vortex. The nikon had the best glass, followed by vortex- both leupolds were worse than them. I went with vortex over the nikon because the eye cups are far more comfortable.

Attached: 226272C6-A658-4F6C-95B3-320489EA902A.jpg (4032x3024, 1.72M)