ITT, post things that never should have been made

ITT, post things that never should have been made

hard mode: do not say "OP"

Attached: 9fde2d33d504dd71109be57b3907caf1.jpg (625x554, 100K)

OPs Mom

There was literally nothing wrong with the M60 tank when it was introduced, OP.

yeah

aside from being twice as tall and half as well armed as the tank it was intended to defeat

let's not forget the fact that the burgers threw an extra body in there to get turned into battlefield bacon when it got hit

/thread

>British 105mm hypervelocity gun that outperformed 120mm guns that existed when it was introduced
>vs T55's WWII leftover 100mm L60
>"half as well armed"
>crew of four, same as M48, same as T55
>"extra body"
>also the high turret allows the gun to depress enough to make actual use of decent hull-down positions, unlike any Soviet tank ever

This level of autism usually correlates with answers that are technically correct or at least arguable on some level, but you didn't even get that right.

Attached: insinuate.jpg (511x480, 45K)

none of this is accurate

stop getting all of your info from videogames kiddo

The M68 is not a British gun.

Every combat uniform since the DCU

Attached: US Military before 2001 after 2001.png (1044x904, 1.47M)

DCU looks third-world af old man

Except it actually fucking works, unlike everything that replaced it.

Attached: Defense.gov_News_Photo_041108-A-1067B-011.jpg (3008x1960, 1.02M)

That uniform is too light for that dirt

>it rains in the desert sometimes

wow

Attached: US Marines Kuwait 2002.jpg (959x639, 746K)

OP

Fuck! Sorry OP. Fuck I did it again

:(

OP's father

Attached: big daddy.jpg (1920x816, 283K)

Multicam is pretty good bruh

said nobody, ever, except as a joke to elicit a reaction on the internet

It’s all accurate and you have yet to dispute any of it.

It’s a variant of the L7, which is in fact a British design.

The issues with the M60 have nothing to do with the tank itself, but rather that the T64 and T72 vastly outclassed it in soviet service. The US was left behind following the introduction of the T64 all the way up until the early 80s with the
M1, and even then, the later T72s and T64s were a match for the M1 and M1IP

Imagine having a life so empty that this is what you choose to spend your time doing.

It's okay for a semi-arid pattern but wasn't worth the billions of dollars poured into the atrocity to taxpayers that was the Army Combat Uniform. Going with the CCU concept (retaining M81 and DCU, and adding Multicam as a third pattern) or reissuing DBDU (which was developed for use in mountainous deserts) to troops heading to Afghanistan would've saved a lot of money.

Also, the entire concept of a "universal camouflage" is retarded and only peddled by morons.

Attached: Operation Desert Shield.jpg (1700x2200, 596K)

The original posters life.

You probably don’t have a GF or cool job and I have both of those things.

Knowledge of military history is why people come to Jow Forums. Kill yourself

me.

>You probably don’t have a GF or cool job and I have both of those things.

Jesus dude. Take a break from the internet.

Damn, blown out!

Cope more

Attached: FF5E7918-84C9-4519-9DF6-4BAC52217A34.jpg (1072x1167, 408K)

>It’s a variant of the L7, which is in fact a British design.
No it isn't. It's compatible with the same ammunition, but it is not the same gun.
>but rather that the T64 and T72 vastly outclassed it in soviet service
There weren't really many T-64s in service until the early mid 70's and even then they had lots of teething troubles. The US army wouldn't have been so left behind if the Vietnam war wasn't ongoing at the time and the MBT-70 didn't have it's budget cut.

>It’s a variant of the L7
It absolutely is; it used the same tube, the breech features a different design but the claim that the M68 is completely detached from the L7 is asinine.

I knew a ex-soviet sailor who talked about what a disaster the general Yak-38 program and history was. The aircraft were near-useless for combat and just used for propaganda purposes as NATO had the harrier.

He called them "camera jets" and said if war broke out they would have been flown to land and the room on the Kiev carriers replaced with ASW helicopters

Attached: 300px-Yak-38_(14598742).jpg (300x196, 12K)

They're not the same gun. The M60 ended up using the L7's barrel for interoperability purposes instead of the US design, but that absolutely does not make it an L7 variant. Same goes for the RH120-M256 situation.

The M68 uses a different tube and breech compared to the L7, it can fire the same ammunition though. The tube is from the earlier 105mm T254 and the breech is a vertically sliding one compared to the horizontally sliding one of the L7

Look up m68 tank gun nigger

Attached: D76C4AC6-0D52-4F83-A87A-DD6F2A5EF68A.png (750x1334, 367K)

>but rather that the T64 and T72 vastly outclassed it in soviet service
i would hope so, since the M60 was in service for 13 fucking years before the T-64A

Hey dumb fuck, scroll down to the "Variants" subsection and see the description for the M68.

I did nigger it’s a variation your claim that they are in no way related and are completely different was wrong nigger.

The Soviets smoothed out some of the issues with the Yak-38M but it was always pretty lackluster. Short range, little payload, needed another engine just for VTOL. Pretty much all they could do was defend the Kiev class carriers they were carried on (and those ships had plenty of defensive weapons to begin with.) so I wouldn't doubt them being swapped out for ASW helos.
They do look pretty cool though.

Attached: Yak-38 Novorossiysk night.jpg (2106x1071, 305K)

>it is a variant of the indigenous U.S. 105mm T254
retardation is sad

Aside from the different tube and breech, the guns are completely identical. Just how stupid are you?

don't forget the bore evacuator too