Anyone have cool jackets they know of/own? I would like a new jacket...

Anyone have cool jackets they know of/own? I would like a new jacket, some thing in rhodesian brushstroke or flektarn camo. Doesn't have to be in camo. Post your favorite jacket or just a cool one.

Attached: Capture+_2019-05-22-15-25-37.png (701x620, 579K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fireforceventures.com/Rhodesia_c_28.html
begadi.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=smock
rus-mil.com/shop/clothes/buy-membrane-fleece-lined-gorka-suit-in-olive-colour/
rus-mil.com/shop/clothes/buy-membrane-fleece-lined-gorka-suit-in-olive-dark-colour/
varusteleka.com/en/product/soviet-girls-panties-surplus/61582
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cuban Lizard stuff is cool if you can find it
The guy who sold me the jacket ghosted after saying he had the pants which still makes me sad

Attached: Cuban jacket.jpg (2448x2546, 1.69M)

I got a Makinaw and huntin' dog and a cap that I ordered from the catalogue

Attached: mackinaw.png (288x313, 51K)

i want a british DPM smock

Feels bad man.

Attached: 1548087868362.png (689x473, 97K)

I wear a nazi tanker jacket you have to be a pretty cool guy to pull it off though

Attached: g_uni_pztunic_main.jpg (532x691, 99K)

Alpha Industries Silm-Fit M65
It’s basically like any surplus M-65 but it doesn’t fit like a tent. Goes well with pretty much anything without looking too autistic.

Attached: D49128A2-FA80-49C4-BAEB-5AB721562460.jpg (1063x3024, 949K)

Svedish splinter is kino and #1

Attached: dCbdTPw[1].jpg (640x480, 84K)

Is this the new Jow Forumsamourlage thread?

>silm-fit
You poor Summer Child

I have a Czech parka I wear

Attached: Capture+_2019-05-22-18-28-54.png (584x790, 399K)

This are some of the ones I want

Attached: Jackets.jpg (2286x1378, 564K)

Kuhl kollusion fleece lined jacket, I live in a cold state and can wear a tshirt under it in 20 degree weather no problem
Plus it looks like a fitted m65 and it'll last forever

Forgot to mention OP, you can nab the Rhodie BDU from fireforceventures.com/Rhodesia_c_28.html

Well, I'm a 6'1" and 160lbs, so I look ridiculous wearing normal cut military clothes.

Fuckin lanklet

A company in Germany called Begadi used to sell updated versions of the old SAS windproof smock in various camos, but not any more.

They catered mainly to the airsofter crowd, naturally, but some Euro militaries bought some of their stuff for special units and it was widely praised on gearqueer sites in the US.

Then, needless to day, they discontinued it.

They had one in repro Rhodesian camo--as you see the colors were a little bit off. I'd still give my left nut for one. They are, of course, now all gone, and they're not going to be making any more.

Attached: Rhodesian_camo_smock.jpg (621x640, 159K)

What's that one, OP?

Gray and Serbian ones look good.

My benis yearns for the Serbian one, but I'd look autistic with camo, now the grey Helikon SFU that looks more adequate.

>6'1"
>only 160
>still manage to find sleeve that are way too big

Attached: 51205069_2087456944707798_3692547061279883264_n.jpg (616x960, 73K)

Its a rhodesian army brushstroke BDU shirt

Yeah, that's fair. I really need to run less and focus on lifting, but that's not fun.

>Begandi
Do you know how they are at making LBH's?
They have a repro of the harness the Juice (Israelis) used some time ago, the Ephod, but I dunno how good they are

Attached: Begandi_harnesses.jpg (1362x730, 199K)

When I was VERY young I watched Jimmy Durante in Vegas. Jimmy had a skit based on an ad campaign: "It's the clothes that make the man"
The upshot was: It's the man that makes the clothes.
I work in the woods and on a small farm; My clothes are as durable as I can afford and as cheap as I can find because they wear-out way too soon. Create the man you want to be, it will take sacrifice, and pain, long term pain (that is man's lot in life) everything else becomes secondary. I've known men that were boring as fuk but they were at work every day, every-day and women flocked to them because they brought home the paycheck like clock-work. Just be a man, an honest, boring, hard working man, do that for a decade and see how your life changes

>I look ridiculous wearing normal cut military clothes.
everybody does, mil spec is not concerned with fashion, impressing girls

I could be a smartass and say I've never heard anything bad about their load bearing gear, and that'd be literal truth. The truth is, though, I've never seen so much as a review of it anywhere.

...and I can't even find Chinese knockoffs of those smocks anywhere, either. Life is suffering.

t.

Attached: TacticalMass.jpg (364x484, 93K)

>It’s basically like any surplus M-65 but it doesn’t fit like a tent.

Fitting like a tent is a good thing because the M65 is for winter, and--at least if you're in a place that gets real Winter with a capital W--you will need to wear layers underneath it.

I mean, I was in a relationship when I got the thing, and she liked it a lot, so some girls are into it. I think the key is using milsurp as an accent to, rather than the focus of, an outfit.

That jacket is exactly what I want. Are you sure they're not making them anymore? What is the exact name of that jacket? What style is it?

Thanks for the fashion tip

Yeah, I'm in the southeast, so worsy case scenario, I wear it closed with a flannel and I'll never be cold. I took it out to Utah for a winter and it was fine with a thin fleece underneath, but that's mostly a dry cold, so it doesn't really affect core body temp as much.

There were two versions, one slightly nicer, the "BE-X Feldjacket 2K" and the "BE-X Smock."

See remaining inventory at

begadi.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=smock

You see what they currently have left, bits and pieces in random sizes. Flecktarn, UCP, Tropentarn, olive drab, etc.

BDUs should not be made in that size

I really want to get a complete set of Close Combat Uniforms in Woodland, DCU, and Multicam.

Any recs on who might sell originals or even just replicas?

Attached: Close Combat Uniform.jpg (480x640, 255K)

If they didn't make them in that size, how could he dab on the lanklets when the hamlets rise up?

>Close Combat Uniform
>not wanting one in the 2004-era experimental urban camo pattern that predated UCP

Attached: ccu_urbantracks_450.jpg (450x325, 55K)

And this is from the 2002-03 Natick trials.

Now and then people sell some of this stuff on eBay. It is rare and there are collectors who fight over it.

Attached: ccu_experimental_arid_camo.jpg (200x512, 27K)

Interesting. It looks like a cross between multicam and DCU. I hate how it looks, but it's probably very effective.

It uggo and expensive though.

Attached: a-us-army-usa-25th-infantry-division-light-soldier-checks-his-556mm-colt-m4-255e90.jpg (1728x1152, 495K)

>Doesn't have to be in camo.
Light or warmer models, gorka jackets look pretty slick IMO. The heavily insulated olive winter suit has been amazing during this last super cold winter.
And I'm not a fan of wearing actual camo in public, even though I love how my flecktarn parka looks.
Also not a fan of the overshirts like you posted, wore them enough when I was serving in the 2000's, and they're kindof meh outside of being part of a recognizable uniform. I'd much rather have my light gorka 3 jacket on for those purposes when I don't need much insulation from cold.

Attached: IMG_6336.jpg (2016x1512, 649K)

Even for collectors they're somewhat obscure, lotsa folks don't know about them, the missing link between BDU-Raid modded BDU and ACU's.
Try eBay, it's your best chance

Attached: IMG_6337.jpg (2016x1512, 730K)

>And I'm not a fan of wearing actual camo in public
This

Fleck is pretty much the only camo pattern remotely un-autistic in a modern city, and even then, it's still a pretty edgy choice that will attract attention. Woodland is straight up homeless vet-core.

Gorka trousers can looks sick af along some plaid

Attached: 299585bbb1234c4e89.jpg (667x1000, 283K)

It's definitely my favorite pattern.
>straight up homeless vet-core.
Exactly. Whenever I see people wearing the camo I wore in the 2000's, I almost assume homeless or mental problems.
That looks really slick, gotta say.

Attached: CamoSM.jpg (650x945, 172K)

Told you, user

Just wait, 10 more years and you'll see people wearing UCP M-65s, despite the fact they never issued them in the pattern, claiming they lost their leg in Fallujah instead of to diabetes.

I have a Turkish milsurp jacket. It's pretty good as a fall and early winter/spring jacket. I'm thinking of selling it off for something heavier though.

Attached: 5251.png (545x700, 682K)

That actually looks pretty nice. I wouldn't wear it in a city, but in a rural area, I think it fits in pretty well. Neat.

I have a tigerstrip bdu that i like using with a good pair of jeans for some vietnam aesthetic.

Attached: 5vjjwgsogte01.jpg (2400x1632, 322K)

I've gotten a good amount of compliments on it, doesn't look out of place at all with a normal pair of jeans. My only complaint is the front zipper is weird to work with.

Tigerstripe is cool. Wear it like a Hawaiian shirt and it barely even looks like its military clothing. Alos, thanks for reminding me that Vietnam was the most aesthetic war in US history.

>Like a Hawaiian shirt
Holy shit, not him, but, that's a great idea

Hey user can you tell me where to find the right most jacket?

rus-mil.com/shop/clothes/buy-membrane-fleece-lined-gorka-suit-in-olive-colour/
Love it. There’s one other style that’s more expensive and has more of a coverall bottom.
rus-mil.com/shop/clothes/buy-membrane-fleece-lined-gorka-suit-in-olive-dark-colour/
That comes in different colors like snow camo etc too. Pic related being the olive like mine.

Attached: 518A6B54-EC68-42EA-BE9A-B3409F4E3456.jpg (1000x1000, 188K)

But I like mine better overall I think.

Attached: AC2C5FC5-DB8E-46AE-BDF2-249D589127B2.jpg (4032x3024, 2.04M)

Tropentarn is criminally underrated. In my opinion these are better than the flecktarn ones.

Attached: flecktarn-tropentarn-parka-german-army.jpg (345x498, 43K)

A L P E N T A R N

L

P

E

N

T

A

R

N

M70

Attached: M-83-Feldbluse-Alpentarn.jpg (800x800, 75K)

The entire thing is fleece lined head to toe. And the shell is soft cotton rather than rougher tent canvas like my 3.
Pic related is the inside of the pants, jacket is like that too.

Attached: FE7A080E-8306-4E3E-A372-B06197B39691.jpg (4032x3024, 2.26M)

Same I’m in south Florida and this is peak beach camo

This
Also what's the difference between the 70 and 83? More color shapes?

California is kinda warm, kinda mediterranean in climate, innawoods I'd say it works

Ordered me one of these babies (full set, helmet jacket, and pants). Should be coming in a couple of days.

Attached: Operation Desert Shield.jpg (1700x2200, 596K)

Has anyone ever tried the KSK version of the flecktarn jacket and pants?

Attached: MC0022-2.jpg (600x600, 116K)

How hard do you think this would be to dye, user? I hate just pure black parkas and I don’t care for pure OD(ish) green parkas either! I absolutely love OD dudes black though, it’s a great faded green-gray-black color. What is the outer most layer made of? And is the fleece layer detachable? Thanks for all the images and the links, always wanted a gorka.

Never dyed anything but probably easy enough, it’s just cotton.
And the outside is kind of felt-like in feel. It’s some sort of twisted cotton that’s waterproof for the most part. Worked well for me, and the armpit vents vent a lot of heat if you are working hard.
The fleece is not removable. The gorka5 has a removable layer in the core of it, but it isn’t so insulated in the sleeves or pants.

Attached: 413EB708-28A8-4130-B39C-BDDF1AEE3D7D.jpg (4032x3024, 2.18M)

In the research papers that the USMC published to justify creating MARPAT, in amongst all the blah blah blah about how the new stuff is the Best Thing Evar, they mentioned they did field tests on all manner of existing camo patterns when they were pondering what they would use to replace M81 Woodland. Rhodesian was specifically mentioned, along with Tiger Stripe, as being highly effective in their tests.

So, innawoods, or in areas with tall grass and brush, it is more than decent. It was designed for the bushveld and grasslands of the region. It has enough khaki and brown in it to be decent in semi-arid desert-ish regions also.

It's also very A E S T H E T I C if that matters to you.

The 5’s fleece is just a inner vest that can be removed. So it’s a bit more versatile in the summer/cooler spring and fall probably, also has insertable pads for the elbows and knees. The 5 is like my main winter gorka in overall design though as far as pockets and armpit vents. Pic related.
I’d have to wait till tomorrow to tell you whether the rest has much extra material vs the lighter 3 since I don’t have it here.

Attached: 438C23CF-63C6-4D12-8A75-5C48F79C19A7.jpg (4032x3024, 2.6M)

I definitely wore a UCP M65, but it wasn't issued. Also wore one of those brown wool sweaters under ACUs every once in a while, and am especially shocked that nobody ever called that out. Pic related.

I've got some repro autumn oak trousers on the way to me right now, can't wait to get them.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1285x1600, 337K)

Sorry, I think it’s polyester on the outside.
And here’s the inside fleece layer of the 5. Doesn’t really extend out to the sleeves or anything. So not exactly a deep winter outfit like my olive one. Just a bit of extra warmth for a cool day.

Attached: 4EAC63FB-7EB7-4952-886E-43BCD85E2DC8.jpg (4032x3024, 2.73M)

>UCP M65
Were those allowed to be worn in uniform? I assumed they phased M-65s out after the switch over from BDUs.

It definitely wasn’t issued to me, but if I recall correctly they were still mentioned in 670-1 as of 2016-2017. Was comfy in 2CR.

I did get reprimanded for using my personal ALICE pack in the field at Hood around 2012. Kept using it on and off though.

Speaking of UCP M65s, has anyone tried to dye one? I've seen UCP uniforms dyed with brown and khaki dye to become semi-usable in softwood forests in autumn.

I wonder if you could make leaf stencils and spray paint a bit of more usable camouflage onto them. Or would the spray paint come off the first time you laundered it?

Back in the late 1990s, the company distributing Nightforce scopes in the US also had some camo gear in the printed catalogs. The pattern they offered was called "Western Camo." It looked sort of like M81 Woodland, but with the pattern shrunk down a lot, and very pale tan in it instead of the coyote brown-ish color. They sold things like folding benchrests you could carry on the back of a pickup truck or jeep, that had a camo parasol you could attach to them to keep you in the shade while you were shooting prairie dogs.

I wish you could still get it. Isn't it derived from Leibermuster?

my favourite to wear is my vz.92 engineers jacket but my rarest is a czech m48 camo jacket from the 1985 trials. Never adopted.

Attached: vz.92.jpg (300x248, 12K)

There's a Sarma copy on the Finngol site

Are Strichtarn jackets still around?
The East German one has a nice cut.

Sadly it's hard to find good ol tiger stripe, God tier of aesthetic.

What's with the fabric loops around the inner thigh some combat pants have? Swiss M70 pants have it too.

Well, it was never issued to US troops, so I doubt too many people were bringing it back. Most of the tigerstripe outfits seen worn by Americans were either custom-made in Saigon or procured from allied troops that were issued tigerstripe.

>the virgin milsurp
>the chad woolens

Attached: m_5cb6378416105d4444801c38.jpg (580x580, 152K)

I got the helikon and the fabric is very stiff and noisy. I also got a helikon MK65, which is ultra sturdy heavy duty but also very stiff.

*M65

Where did you get it?

I have one of these, but it's yougoslavian made

well it's not really a jacket, it's a shirt

>I’d have to wait till tomorrow to tell you whether the rest has much extra material vs the lighter 3 since I don’t have it here.
Just looked at it. It's basically just a thin layer of tent canvas material like the 3 aside from the fleece vest insert, head to toe. But it does have the bottom straps to hold it down over your boots which is nice, and the chest pockets which I really like for my phone and keys.
Pic related, top is the tent canvas of my 5, bottom is the softer winter gorka.

Attached: IMG_6496.jpg (2016x1512, 1.74M)

You guys are posers

Attached: 7022184.jpg (456x456, 23K)

The what site, now?

that's cool. link to the manufacturer?

>Carhartt
>2019

Yikes

Varusteleka.

I think they figured out how much traffic they get from Jow Forums, because:

varusteleka.com/en/product/soviet-girls-panties-surplus/61582

3 for the price of 1 good deal

Attached: lsteqwader3-in-1plus2wadercoat20-dw2112.jpg (650x591, 143K)

>hey american, you like the real trees?
>I give you the real trees, good price, ok?