Bird vs F-35

Who would win?

US stealth fighter suffers millions in damage from bird strike

>news.yahoo.com/us-stealth-fighter-suffers-millions-damage-bird-strike-204255099.html

> US F-35 stealth bomber suffered millions of dollars in damage after being hit by a bird during take-off from an air base in Japan, the US Marine Corps said in a statement Wednesday.

"On May 7, 2019 an F-35B with Marine Aircraft Group 12, 1st Marine Aircraft Wing aborted take-off due to a bird strike at Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni and safely taxied off the runway," the statement said.

The Chinese can simply dropping basedbean on the runway and disable the entire F-35 fleet.
How do we defend against this?

Attached: f-35.jpg (720x380, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.com.au/technology/innovation/military/f22-raptors-damaged-destroyed-by-hurricane-michael/news-story/d89d7c18e1b3caf550238cbdd7a8a2ba
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes. Airplanes get damaged when they hit birds. What’s your point?

I know! Let's kill all the birds, what could go wrong?

China did a good job removing the flying bastards that one time. I’m sure it went well for them.

Attached: F72790F9-193B-4EEF-B360-F0339844A78B.jpg (1024x453, 62K)

Based and maopilled

/thread

>capitalism
>evil

Just because American airplanes mog the fuck out of Russian ones doesn't mean they don't have to comply to the laws of physics, Ivan.

>necessary

Stuff like this happen more than you might think, including to the Chinese (if they didn't eat all of their birds species)

They just had another JH-7 crash and kill 2 pilots a week ago.

This thread is obviously bait but I’m curious now, would just covering your opponents airfield in birds be a viable tactic for neutralizing it?

No. Because as soon as you tried that, they’d get some guy to go out with a pickup truck and box full of pyrotechnics to run the birds off.

t. That’s part of my job

No joke, I had the same thought yesterday. I came to the conclusion that having the capability to send bird seed and/or live birds to an enemy's airfield means you could just as easily send bombs and blow it up. However, its value as a means of covertly hampering the enemy's aviation assets without overtly targeting them could be high. Seems like something straight out of a Russian "hybrid war" playbook.

Designated bird scarer
A job of the future if I’ve ever heard of one

Yeah, I'd imagine its an easy fix, but it's gotta be a bit of an inconvenience.

HAHAHA.... chinks btfo.
Mao has come up with some of the most retarded ideas ever.

also, reminder that F-35 is slavshit.

Attached: 1539774654385.png (1600x1600, 309K)

>bird strike
just look at it... it's clearly just looking for something.

Attached: 1543647109006.jpg (1024x787, 92K)

If you're able to throw birds at it you should probably just bomb it tbqhwyfampai

It gets better. One of the increasingly common things, especially at large airports, is having a falconer either on staff or on speed dial.

Man, that’d be a cool fucking job. Getting paid to send your pet falcon after pigeons and shit

God, that meme has been around for, what, 15 years now? I'm getting nostalgia just looking at it.

>tfw you're an air force pilot and your bomber’s been loaded with the next generation, high yield, laser guided, air-burst bird seed spreaders.

Attached: 504D52F5-505E-4ED7-9B0F-3F011DC96A2D.jpg (3088x2320, 1.4M)

I've missed my calling in life

Negative. Because A and B) all spreading a bunch of seed would do is attract little birds, sparrows and the like. Which aren’t even a big threat to something like a Cessna unless they’re in massive flocks.

how the fuck do you covertly spread birdseed on a runway

On a military runway at that

Aint going to waste my time to write an answer to this picture, straight from the archive:
A little list of stuff that is fishy on a short glimpse in this picture alone >Yak uses dedicated vertical thrust jets not a lift fan
Obvious difference hence why they lie about it.
>work of Petr Ufimstev was deem to be useless for soviets and so it was allowed to be puplish publicly
American making stuff work russians could not.
>the picture of the YAK-43 is according to wikipedia from a site for vector graphics that is offline, great source
On top of that every vantik like you would have shitted all over me for using something from wikipedia, while almost all the text on the picture is from there.
>there is no source at all for the YAK-43 using s-ducts
Inb4 "but YAK-40 and YAK-42 had them". Yeah they had them but they are fucking civilian airliners and entire different planes

I dunno, just seems easier to not have it traced back to you than sending some Tomahawks into the runway.

sure, but how the fuck do you do it. They don't exactly just let guys with sacks of bird seed walk onto an active runway on a military base

While accomplishing precisely jack and shit.

See

I mean, S-ducts shouldn't be black magic. Airflow management is a pretty well-understood field, and as you mentioned, Russia, along with a number of other nations, has put S-ducts in civilian aircraft. Not sure why they were unable to incorporate them into a supposedly "stealth" aircraft.

okay but if you're flying bombers over it why not bomb it?

>not wanting to drop superior bird bombs on enemy airfields
>renders enemy air forces useless and can easily commandeered after a battle with minimum damage

>renders enemy air forces useless
But it doesn’t you fucking moron

You are a fool if you don’t see the strategic value of firing missiles full of birdseed at the parked planes of an enemy airfield so you don’t have to fire missiles at moving targets with your missiles

Fucking genius. You should propose this shit to DARPA.

There's something even more STUPID
news.com.au/technology/innovation/military/f22-raptors-damaged-destroyed-by-hurricane-michael/news-story/d89d7c18e1b3caf550238cbdd7a8a2ba

Patenting bird bombs rn
Sofex Jordan here I come

There is no strategic value in something that doesn’t accomplish anything

>also, reminder that F-35 is slavshit.

Well Robert "Ruszkowski" is the senior designer of it.

Fuck it, I bet you could convince at least one shithole to buy your system if you make a cool CGI vid and falsely claim it's sold by Lockheed.

Suddenly, the idea of fraudulently selling fake weapons to third world countries sounds both fun and profitable.

I’m legit too tired to keep laughing when you taking me seriously

>merely pretending!

Oh boy, son

I mean, he's obviously pretending. Everyone knows birdseed lacks the necessary thermal properties to survive reentry and explosive dispersion over an area the size of an airfield.

Now...ants on the other hand....

>unironically bombing turkey with roach bombs

Had an F22 canopy assembly come through our trucking company dock one day going from Marietta GA, to California then on to Kadina AFB in Japan. Every military shipment has a document package on the crate. I had to inspect it, MRO cost was over $13 Million and the ignorant forklift deiver was ramming it trying to get it into the trailer.
Had to explain to him exactly what he was handling and why his job requires care in handling other people's property. Been in trucking for 27 years now.
Had a small suitcase of APKWS seekers going to Florida. Those things were neat. 3 per case. PAT 3 seeker was so sensitive it had chain of custody papers with it. Everyone who touched it had to sign off and every trailer and tractor it went on along with driver recorded. We pull at least three trailers a day out of Warner Robbins ALB.

The whole APKWS project is really cool. I saw an AMA on Reddit awhile back with a Marine Cobra Pilot, and he said he loved those things. I tried to get a position with GTRI to do some research work at Warner Robbins a few years ago. They do some really cool work out there.

Did a few tours with CV90's in afghan. Had to replace the powerpack on one due to a faulty $100 dollar valve on the transmission. The whole PP cost about 2,8 mill, ad in the C-17 air transport and it went past 4 mill. All of this bcaus someone back in the day decided that any transmission-work was BAE-level maintenance.
Military procurement is pretty fascinating, at least now i can help write the specs in the contracts

the point is that if he was already on air japan would have suffer yet another loss of an f35 due to the fact that its a single engine meme

yeah fuck me Lockheed shit always needs a bunch of compliance stuff, documents need to be in the right place in the right order etc.

>giving insane power to corporations
>eventually they turn into deus ex
>kinda like china but instead of the goverment your fate is in the hand of a fucking company

sure thing

What fucking language do you speak, and why isn’t it English?

I mean, capitalism tempered by a limited, democratic state seems to be just about the least terrible system that exists.

>F-35 hits bird
>expensive damage

>Su-30 hits bird
>two dead pilots
>aircraft destroyed
>nothing of value was lost

Nah, Chinese engines wouldn’t have an issue. Considering how well their escalators can eat human bodies, I doubt their turbines have any problems gobbling up a bird or two.

>What’s your point?
Enemies of the F35 should invest in F35-seeking birds instead.

Given how poorly Russian IADS has performed in Syria, it’s worth a shot. Maybe birds will finally render stealth irrelevant.

That fucking clip scares the hell out of me. Then again, i live in the west and dont have to deal with anything but german escalators and lifts

The world’s largest elevator manufacture is the Otis Elevator Company, based in Farmington Connecticut, and it has installed elevators, escalators, and moving walkways across the world, including the Eiffel Tower.

I used to run a downtown Atlanta liftgate delivery route.
GTRI is/k/ as HELL.
Ever seen pictures of the turntable to hoist Soviet tanks up in the air for RCS measurement to program the millimeter wave seeker for the Hellfire? Some cool tech startups in the area too. Delivered a few thousand pounds of powdered Tungsten Carbide to a young guy that was doing research on SAPI plates. He had one neat little vacuum kiln.
DARPA money funding it.
All of those labs are ITAR restricted to Natural Born US citizens only. No Chinese or Indian students allowed inside.
Nothing but pasty white nerds.
The semiconductor foundry and fab clean room was constantly getting supplies.
Cool place.

Yeah, it’s really cool. I ended up not getting accepted to Tech, but I have a lot of friends who go there, so I find an excuse to tour the place every now and then. Probably gonna try and transfer in at some point, cause that whole lab is amazing.

You sound like me in 1988. I was at KSU taking my core curriculum on the Engineering Transfer Program. I knocked up my GF at age 19.
That changed my plans.
My daughter has a Neurobiology Degree from SUNY and son is at GA State.
I may go back school after I pay off the house.
Was wanting a BSEE.
Job prospects for someone age 60+ might be slim.
Would pay cash for school.

Cool. Here its mainly Schindler who delivers as far as i can tell.

>>giving insane power to an individual
>>eventually they turn into supreme leader
>>kinda like a democracy but instead of term limit your fate is in the hand of a guy in a grey suit for life

Attached: 1527114396262.jpg (800x1200, 203K)

Minus the pregnancy part, I’m in a sorta similar boat. High school sweetheart made it into GT and I didn’t, so I ended up in the transfer program at another GA school to come in as an AE major. Got really good grades for the most part, but we broke up after 4 years and I sorta just fell apart. Now she’s about to graduate and work for JPL, and I’ve been taking a break from classes doing nothing for a year, so that sorta sucks. I’m about ready to just throw it all away and enlist for 4 years so I can come back at it with some discipline, but the idea of finishing my undergrad when I’m 30 or so keeps scaring me off.

The state of western """""technology""""

Don't let it.
Enlightenment time is added to age 27 to extend eligibility for GA Hope Scholarship.
Pissed me off so badly was that my parents paid for my Sister to party at GA Southern and get a teaching degree she never used since she married well right out of college... one of the Largest highway contractors in the State. Brother went to Juilliard on a full Scholarship but lived off campus last two years.
I am over it now, but I was an angry person in my 20's.
I should have done at least 4 years and gone ROTC at KSU.
I was working at Home Depot and paying cash for school.
Of course it was only about $800 for 14 credit hours all in back then plus books.
No Hope Grants.
Finish school debt free if possible.

Considering the fact that, if the plane were Russian, that crash would represent a loss of 10% of their 5th gen fleet, I’d say western technology is in a pretty good place.

>thinking a Russian or a Chinese plan would get damaged so easily
Wew!

Small world. Thanks for the perspective, user. If nothing else, it feels really reassuring to hear about people making it through similar situations. Most of my friends are graduating from Tech either this fall or next spring, so it’s been pretty rough trying to figure out how to move forward when I feel like I’m the only one not getting their degree.

>Su-30 hits bird
>crashes
>both crew dead

>Su-35 takes of
>
>crashes

I thought there was two giant panties in the background from the thumbnail.

>SU-30 hits flock of birds
>both engines killed
>trim the aircraft into a crowd of civillians
>eject into your own fireball
BASED

If it didn’t involve significant civilian casualties, would it even be truly Russian?

>Blyat!

Never change Russia.

Attached: 1332779209558.gif (290x189, 2.9M)

There are no such thing as civilian casualties, only "acceptable losses" and "decicive victories"

Attached: FreedomAm.jpg (1200x900, 198K)

One of the hallmarks of autism is the inability to differentiate between sarcasm and regular voice tone.

>regular voice tone
>tik-takking on a chinese dog-boiling forum

The really cool part is that since AGM-114 has never been cleared for use on fast-movers, and the long-delayed JAGM (formerly JCM) is now Army-only, APKWS gives fighter-bombers a similar capability (albeit with insufficient armor penetration vs. tanks) at a far smaller price. In fact, once it gets integrated onto the F-35 (external only), it should provide a danger-close option for CAS that is superior to a gun run and has multiple warhead options.

Die in a rice paddy, dog-eater.

That’s gonna be really cool to see implemented.

Birds are the most dangerous thing any aircraft will come across in the skies that isn't deliberately trying to shoot it down. The F-35 is no exception.