How combat-effective is the average American militia compared to say, the National Guard or a MENA militia?

How combat-effective is the average American militia compared to say, the National Guard or a MENA militia?

Attached: 6-7-18-1.jpg (630x504, 215K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-yVvAImQCNY
bnd.com/living/magazine/article52722945.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lol!

10%

It doesn't matter, militias are mostly LARP. Only a few members within a militia will do any actual fighting, and their fighting will be ambushes, I.E.D's and assassinations.

Average military man is more competent as an individual. Collectively for their intended purpose both organizations fail

Those guys look pretty bad.

Pound for pound, militias really punch above their weight. It's really a heavy burden these brave men must carry.

Attached: TacticalMass.jpg (364x484, 93K)

>National Guard.
An actual military force. On the weekend.
>MENA militia.
Equipped with ATGMs, full autos, explosives, technicals and even some heavy armor. Quality of the soldiers is terrible but they have a shitton of explosives and ammo to make up for that.
>American militia
Out of shape LARPers with rifles.

Attached: HTS T-72B.png (1275x719, 1.02M)

Most are what I call "munitions fodder" while a small number are very competent.

They're probably more effective than rice farmers and goat fuckers.

>what I call "munitions fodder"
Why not just call it cannon fodder like a normal person?

>Out of shape LARPers with rifles.

A lot of whom have served in the military and know the US Army's playbook...

Standing militias are just cannon fodder. Their only purpose is to stash guns and supplies to equip the veterans once the time to mobilize comes.

America was at war for 12 years and huge numbers of citizens went and got basic training and some combat experience through all that time, if each of them trained and lead at least 2 other civilians no matter how fat and stupid they were, they'd still be a force to be reckoned with.

I'm not a normal person.

t.

>How combat-effective is the average American militia compared to say, the National Guard or a MENA militia?

Not very because National Guard (especially older ones) and Sandnigger militias tend to have actual combat experience under their belt. But given time (a Second Civil War could drag on for decades, if not centuries if the US government completely collapses and the country turns into Somalia/Yugoslavia on steroids) and an American militia could eventually be on par, even if it comes at the cost of many lives.

How is knowing the correct response to everything is to call in an airstrike going to help when they don't have aircraft?

t.

>combat effective
>National Guard
Kek pick one

>How is knowing the correct response to everything is to call in an airstrike going to help when they don't have aircraft?
>steal an enemy radio
>know how encryption works so you can actually try breaking into the enemy's comms
>listen in to enemy radio traffic
>get an hour's advance warning of an incoming airstrike

Or Hard Mode:

>kill enemy and take their equipment after listening on them for a long enough period to know what radio protocols they use
>call in airstrike on their own forces

ex-Soldiers are so bad at training though.
The army has a serious method produces the results they want in their own context.

But the boot experiences all that nuance and training as "yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell yell "

So when der habbening arrive and the ex-boot starts to train others, he often finds himself at a serious disadvantage.
the paradigm, mission, resources are all different.
therefore, the curriculum also needs to be different.

the typical GI joe isn't going to make that leap and will not provide even decent training.

Fuck you, I'll blow your dick right off.

>I'll blow your dick
We're talking about the National Guard, not the Navy.

If they fight in forests and focus on sabotage, decent. Tanks and other vehicles are big fuel drinkers so disrupting fuel supplies is a must.

I would also take out electrical transformers too.

Also, many militiamen are former military and former law enforcement.

Well yeah, not everyone has what it takes to train but not everyone will have to, because a veteran who CAN train others tends to do it often and to a lot of people, even the silly mall ninja training courses can be useful to the extent of teaching some handling and tactics. It's more than the tusken raiders in the middle east get.

Right, too bad there's not any training they receive that doesn't consist of a bunch of yelling they could pass on.

not even who you were replying to but
>no u

>they
nerverserved confirmed.

you got 2 holes in your argument
1. the most basic level of soldiering - move shoot communicate - is pretty much taught through 90 percent yell
2. the specialized training, where you actually learn shit, is not generalized to the rank and file

Lol do it pussy, are you going to do on one of your drill weekends or do you have to wait till it's AT season

Probably better than just someone who picked up a gun, they have some degree of team work and communication skills, and some degree of training togeather.
In a standup fight, they wouldn't do well, but if goat fuckers and rice farmers with determination have shown anything. Islets that large armys have a hell of a time with insurgencies.

How many are fed informants?

Better yet, get their radio and with a little JTAC knowledge, use their air against themselves

If you're talking about Boogaloo, probably not very good in a force-on-force engagement. Despite losing 'Nam and GWOT at large, the US military won pretty much all the individual battles.
An effective insurgency would involve hit-and-run attacks, IEDs, assassinations, etc. Think the Troubles in Ireland.
Not to discourage resistance, mind you, but a militia would essentially have to resort to terrorism and play the long game. If asserting our rights is a crime, then let us all be outlaws.

Not OP, but given what seems to be the consensus that militias blow, what are the best things to do to prepare yourself in case of boogaloo? Pic related if it matters.

I have no family anywhere near me, so that simplifies things.

Attached: 1557018156541.jpg (499x499, 69K)

Do you have friends?

None that would be anywhere near likely to have any kind of mutual assistance or serious plan in place.

I've got "normal" friends that are almost all nogunz and would think I'm a sperg if I even discussed this with them.

This is why I was considering joining a militia, because I thought even joining an ineffective organization would be better than just being on my own.

Attached: 1557851053983.jpg (1024x1024, 166K)

depends on how often that militia trains
Ability to: conducted mounted patrols, dismounted patrols, react to near/far ambush mounted/dismounted, navigate urban environment, maintain comms with higher for mission effectiveness, physical ability/endurance to complete mission (rucking for miles), treat a casualty, maintain weapons/vehicles/gear, treating a casualty, maintain logistics of supply.
>t. high speed reservist going to sapper next year

what most militias actually do:
> meet up
> plink targets
> drink
> bitch about muh gubbermint
> tell stories from when they were a supply clerk in Nam 'but I was there man'
> 'I dont need to run, this hurr durr rifle can shoot the wings of a fly at 1000 yards'

Think how difficult/consfusing it can be to mount an effective platoon or company attack under fire, with comms, and well trained troops, everyone knowing the plan. Now imagine the same but with 30 bubbas, no comms, no plan, and every single person is the equivalent of that guy in multiplayer games who camps at the back and does nothing.

Post the unit and patch you served in faggot. I bet you won't.

Attached: 1557884733434.png (326x498, 224K)

Hypothetically speaking, how many inches of human lard would be necessary to stop a 5.56 NATO round?

>American militia

Attached: Rape.jpg (960x720, 204K)

and thats a call to self dox
reported.

daily reminder that

1. 2 guys shut down boston and didnt have firearms

2. A bunch of guys with AR's chased away the federal government in nevada without firing a shot.

3. your average middle eastern/african militia has never fired a gun in their life before joining and dont know how they work. In some cases they jack the AK sights up to "shoot harder". They dont use sights and blindfire around corners.

4. American militias are composed entirely of people who do nothing but shoot guns , obsess over guns , preparing for war and simulating it with games and airsoft scenarios, and networking with people who do the same.

TLDR the meme that american militias would be a joke in a combat environment is hilarious especially considering the state of the US military.

There is a reason that every single simulation the government runs on quelling a right leaning rebellion in the united states ends up with the government losing or the conflict being so catastrophic that the united states ceases to exist.

Attached: 1553770307372.jpg (1000x1000, 142K)

Not that guy but really, pretending NG is combat effective?

There's a damn good reason all active units hate working with you.

>There is a reason that every single simulation the government runs on quelling a right leaning rebellion in the united states ends up with the government losing or the conflict being so catastrophic that the united states ceases to exist.
Not saying you're lying, but sauce?

got it from a thread here awhile back. dont have it now

TLDR
The US military cant stop insurgencies overseas , the idea they would be able to compete militarily with people who live around military bases stateside and deal with the political fallout of killing americans is an unwinnable war.

deal with the political fallout of killing americans is an unwinnable war.

I've kinda thought about this, and I don't think people would care that much. CNN is just going to say "right wing extremists" were killed, and thats all Joe Citizen is going to need to hear.

until they get a facebook message that their cousins house was blown up and there are cellphone videos of the peices of his body in the street

>CNN is just going to say "right wing extremists" were killed, and thats all Joe Citizen is going to need to hear.
Consider the source, but Barry and Eric from IraqVeteran8888 said that a lot of people in Waco remember the siege as a massacre by the Feds.

i'll just leave this here youtube.com/watch?v=-yVvAImQCNY

Attached: D7F1onSXkAAEkXy.png_large.png (885x560, 696K)

You can only say that so many times. Families come forward, information about the victims gets published.

Mainstream Media can't beat word of mouth with the way the internet allows people to spread information, they always inevitably bend to it or adopt the popular narrative.

Attached: 1438387426376.jpg (2000x1269, 726K)

Remember that the media ran a smear documentary on the Bundy family, which turned out to be lies?

Obsessing over guns and shooting guns is probably the least important part of operating an insurgency. Fieldcraft and tactics is by far the most important, as well as sound information gathering and compartmentalisation of different cells and units. Hence why illiterate iraqis and afghans have been giving us problems for over a decade and yet cant shoot for shit.

remember that cellphones exist and that blown up suburban houses from drone strikes wont be tolerated by >50% of the population

Its a rural landlocked state no ones gonna come and storm you as hard as the government will in a major city like chicago

NY ARNG here, One thing often overlooked is that about 99% of military members would not turn their weapons on American Citizens. of course it would be more fun, but sadly a big "civil war 2" wouldn't break out.

field tactics dont matter if you are in a firefight shooting without sights at 100+ meters

The reason we got insane kill counts in iraq was because we were shooting air conditioner techs who picked up an AK having never shot a gun before.

>information gathering
unlike middle eastern and african insurgents WHO CANT READ. American insurgents would be the most highly educated insurgents ever to exist. And would likely have uninterrupted access to the internet at all times.

>Mainstream Media can't beat word of mouth
Mainstream media isn't going to be on the militaries side if drones are dropping bombs on US housing or declaring martial law. It's just not in journalists DNA to trust The Man or the MIC during times of war. Not to mention the whole 'if it bleeds it leads' ratings storms.

>militias are mostly LARP
You could say the same about the Nat Guard too tho

Crimes man criming with the boys

National guard actually gets to do shit. Sure that some thing is dealing with shit after a flood, hurricane, etc, at least they still do more than militia fags

You're good

Ok, so I've volunteered during natural disasters and so has my 75 y/o neighbor. I guess we're officially badasses now.

> I guess we're officially badasses now
Nah, just officially a retard is all.

Compared to active duty, the NG is more akin to organized cowboys. Regardless, I believe they are more combat effective given their equipment and ease of access to it compared to your average militia.

Attached: 1529900382379.jpg (469x472, 59K)

I detect some butthurt here. Salty that senior citizens can do the same things that Nat Gaurds do?

>I detect some butthurt here.
Your detection skill is off.
Also we're comparing national guard to militia. Btw, I have zero ties to national guard or militia, I myself have also volunteered and helped out after a natural disaster. So stop talking, you just keep coming off more retarded.

Mainstream Media will be a target.
You Lie You Die should be in the back of every journalist's or screen personality's mind.

I'm just saying that the Nat Guard doesn't do anything special. They're no more capable than the random people who make up the "unorganized militia" and even some of those outside it, ie my 75 yo neighbor.

Exercise regularly so if the time comes you can join a legitimate organization like the Arkansas National Guard to defend the state and be combat effective. Also rucking in the Ozarks will be absolutely brutal unless you're a PT stud.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

Yeah, no. The mainstream media will be instrumental to chalking up the fighters as "right wing terror cells" or "domestic terrorists", and then praising the government.

lol the media already spends most of its time chalking up every white fucking male as a right wing terrorist and praising the govt.

Ecks Dee New fag.

Exactly. They're bought and paid for by (((people))) with an agenda to push. Journalistic integrity and any semblance of objectivity is a thing of the past.

Attached: 1442592508695.png (1802x905, 203K)

Lol delusion.

The national guard is a military force, with military equipment, military training, and military funding. Have you even served?

You can say that about the regular forces at this point.

>Have you even served?
lmao you guys are so gay

Attached: maxresdefault-2.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

That’s not even the national guard lol.

MILITARY FORCE
I
L
I
TRAINING
A
R
Y

Attached: He+might+have+gained+wait+after+he+joined+_cff08fd8d244df26064ce7c3fbfca4ca.jpg (514x385, 29K)

>t. MEPS dropout.

Not a stud but I do enjoy some mountain hiking.

Thanks for advice.

Nope. Proudly neverserved.
Doesn't matter. The US military is largely a joke. Why would weekend warriors be more elite than regular army?

Attached: alex heavy.jpg (640x445, 53K)

> field tactics and information dont matter

Ok, you and the bubbas go out to ambush a convoy. How do you plan to do it?
> hurr doesnt matter cus we can shoot
How are you going to conceal yourself?
> hurr doesnt matter
What element is going to do what?
> hurr doesnt matter
Where are the nearest reinforcements likely to come from?
> hurr doesnt matter
Whats your exfil strategy?
> hurr doesnt matter

Also:
> lol iraqis and afghanis couldnt read so they didnt do any intel gathering lmao
Apart from the dickers constantly watching FOBs and reporting on patrols, locals, ANP and ANA telling the taliban force composition and numbers, knowing our routes and knowing the terrain. But as you said, apparently none of that is important for an effective insurgency. Just go shoot stuff.

They’re not more effective than the regular army per se. But surely more effective than a guy with a PSA AR15 that shoots it once and puts it away.

>Have you even been a pawn with no autonomy?

No, I've never been an NPC. Thanks for asking.

>more effective than a guy with a PSA AR15 that shoots it once and puts it away.
Maybe? Depends on if the soldier is actually able to get up after going prone.

Attached: fatty3.jpg (900x506, 92K)

>no nametape or unit insignia

Pretty obvious case of Stolen Valor here.

>no u

Underrated

Attached: 73d.gif (400x200, 218K)

image search says otherwise
bnd.com/living/magazine/article52722945.html

good for him on losing the weight tho

Lmao and the regular civilian is in better shape?

For every 1 competent american insurgent you’ll have like 5 fatbodies, 3 that can’t read and 2 85 year olds.

>implying ambushes, IEDs, and assassinations aren't effective

>Lmao and the regular civilian is in better shape?
No. That's my point. Most soldiers are not in any better shape than your random civilian. I'd imagine your average bird watching club is in better shape than your average Nat Guard unit tho.

Lacking serious firepower. How many people do you know with 240s, 249s, 320s, 60mm mortars, MANPADS?

Stick to imagining. You have no experience and haven’t

cope welfare queen

Thanks for the free money.

What do you mean? We totally beat the Taliban. Afghanistan is going to be the 51st state now. Oorah!

>320s

Absolute piece of shit. Give me back my M203 and M79 goddamnit.

t. Army Grenadier

I have a mg3 that count?

Treadmills claim another American life.

F