Why does Jow Forums dislike Glocks?

Sort of in response to the John Wick thread, but what's the deal? Glocks are pretty much the AK47 of handguns. Okay but not particularly outstanding at any one thing except for reliability, which IMO is by far the most important aspect in a firearm. It takes the IQ of a brick to field strip and operate one, lube is recommended but not required, and overall I see them as perfectly suited for 95% of any real world/non-benchrest faggotry situation. So change my mind I guess.

Attached: 1525980237218.jpg (1000x781, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9V6ubW3_hOk
youtu.be/4t69VcNx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

People like to deride popular things because they confuse being contrarian with intelligence.

Glocks are fine, but the fact stands that the only reason they are so prominent in JW over the HKs he used in the first movie is because Reeves owns a Glock ricing business.

everyone likes glocks, nothing to dislike about them. few love them though

I honestly don't like them specifically because they look fuck ugly, the factory sight and trigger are dog shit, and I would rather have the durability and weight over something light and flimsy. Also, not a big fan of striker fire pistols, but that's just me.

I'd like to confuse bok choy with cabbage

Attached: 1552293430644.png (500x390, 255K)

Which'n?

In addition to the previous reasons, some fags with obscure pistols are buttjealous of glocks aftermarket.

bad grip angle, mushy trigger, shit plastic sights, gen 4 19 bites my pinky and the trigger keeps slapping my finger too.

overpriced

damn you can smell the onions on this one

are you implying glocks are light and flimsy?

They definitely lack heft. A Glock 19 weighs 20 oz, whereas on average, a full size, steel framed pistol weighs about 32 oz. Also, I would trust the durability factor of an equally manufactured steel frame up against a polymer one any day.

I have no opinion on them I was raised being told they where the best weapon platform ever and other shit but it gives me no impression to either hate it or love it

The glock after market is badass but if I wanted a glock I rather do a p80.

People like to arbitrarily like popular thing because they don't know enough about the subject and assume that tje popular thing must be good.

I don't like Glocks because they aren't innovative, and they don't do anything that another gun doesn't already do at least as well, and at a significantly lower price point.

I don’t dislike Glock, same as I don’t dislike Honda or Toyota. A basic Glock is a pretty decent duty gun.

No one serious dislikes them, personally I just like them less than other guns for the most part, lean more towards the Beretta 92 and CZ75 and shit like that. Has a nice after market though, no denying that.
I don’t know about flimsy but Glocks are objectively light pistols, which for some is a downside.

Glocks seem great from a window shopper’s perspective but once you get to shooting and owning several handguns, they get put in the back of the safe or treated as beater guns unless you dumped more than half of retail price into it and replaced more than half the components.

Every single gun, from Beretta’s 92FS to H&K’s USP, and pretty much every gun in between, besides a S&W Sigma, has a better trigger and better sights stock.

While popularity often leads inexperienced people to overlook a product’s flaws, the vast majority of the time, the product is popular for a good reason.

Glocks are alright, and are stupidly durable, it's just that not everyone feels much excitement for plastic frames, or quasi-DAO triggers.

It's the whole pragmatic vs interesting thing, the Glock will be perfectly fine as a pistol, it'll do everything you need a pistol to do, but fact of the matter is, so will quite a lot of other pistols too. You can get into long winded discussion about the kind of stupid abuse you can put a Glock through, and how it will just take it without complaints, but it's extremely unlikely for most people to ever abuse their guns to that kind of extent, so as long as the gun works, that's what matters.
I don't really like the grip of Glocks, I don't like the triggers of Glocks or Glockalikes, and I don't feel as comfortable with a plastic frame on a pistol overall. A gun like the old Smith & Wesson 5906 suits me more, it has a DA/SA trigger with a hammer I can manipulate manually, it's all stainless steel (with the pros and cons that brings), and with modern aftermarket magazines by MecGar (which are excellent quality), I can have 17+1rds of 9mm Luger fitting flush in the pistol, just like with a Glock.

None of this is me saying "Don't get a Glock." I love the AR15, it's an excellent rifle design, but I also recognize that it doesn't excite others as much as it excites me, and the ergonomics of a conventionally built one can be a point of contention, there's aftermarket solutions to make it more suitable for some people's preferences, but a person might not find those satisfying anyway (or maybe these products aren't very good), and would rather prefer something else, like some sort of Kalashnikov or AR18 derivative which have their own distinct strengths.

Attached: Smith & Wesson 5906 9mm.jpg (800x520, 158K)

Only contrarian fags actively talk negative about Glocks.

Theres plenty of people that respect them and just dont want one, picking something they shoot better with or that has ergonomics they prefer.

What gun is just as good, with a lower price point, I'm asking out of curiosity, not arguing.

Taurus

This guy understands it.

Jow Forums loves to troll glock fanboys because many of them did little to no research prior to purchasing one, falling instead for the "just get a glock" meme; many still harbor insecurities about their generally blah firearm that are easily exploited. Also glock owners seem to be the ones constantly shooting their dicks off.

Taurus G2C

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9V6ubW3_hOk

>is because Reeves owns a Glock ricing business.
OR, the biggest reason is because that's what Keanu likes and trains with, it was him who said that he wanted glocks over HK in the movies, specially for his character.

How does it bite your pinky? Do you mean your thumb?

They're like $450-$500 new depending on where you live. That's completely in line with most of their competitors. The only poly striker that's actually overpriced for what you're getting is the VP9.

I dodn't dislike them, they are ok. The thing is, it's not the 20th century anymore. There are tons of other, argueably better polymer frame, striker fired handguns on the market right now. Not to mention all other alternatives.

Pretty much the only complaints people have about them are the trigger and grip angle. Ironically, when I was a noguns and wanted my first pistol, I was dead set on a P2000 because of CS:GO and it looked cool in internet pictures. I also hates glocks because of how they looked. Then I actually went to a gun store and handled one. The trigger on the P2000 was downright atrocious in both DA and SA and the paddle mag release was too small for my fingers. The glock felt much better and looked better in person than I thought. I've got 4 pistols and 3 revolvers now and I still shoot the glock better than any of them by a decent margin.

It’s a fictional movie. You think HK was used initially because of its performance? That you think which guns John wick uses makes a statement about their quality makes you a water head

What is an innovative modern handgun? It’s a mature technology. You can easily put a trijicon on a Glock. A Glock costs 500 dollars, I don’t know what superior handguns you’re using at a vastly lower price point

The trajectory of gun ownership
“I think I’ll get a Glock”
*moves on tries various types of guns and matures as a shooter*
“I think I’ll get a Glock”

>Pretty much the only complaints people have about them are the trigger and grip angle.
Don't forget the crappy sights.

I don't see a ton of people getting all excited and raving about their toyota corollas and ford focus

thus when you talk about glocks its like... yah they're good...meh...

Alien is pretty innovative

Exact opposite actually, I got a Glock, and was immediately unsatisfied with it but it was a gun and I had it.

But once I started trying other guns out it was clear that the Glock would need almost half it’s value in parts and even then it would still have more recoil than my metal framed 9mms, and so the Glock collects dust. I much prefer my 92FS and USP and so does everybody I’ve taken shooting.

HK has some of the shittiest triggers I've ever experienced. I can't believe people rave about them so much.

because Jow Forums is white

The trigger on my USP was the only trigger I didn’t put parts in because I like it so much, it’s just a smooth, soft break after a short pull to take up slack with a nice tactile reset *click* you can hear and feel.

I have grown to dislike them because they are simply just not that good of guns. They are fairly ugly, have bad triggers, aren't particularly safe with their lighter trigger, come with bad sights. the default argument that their users go to is that they are very reliable. I have owned a couple and I would say they are reliable FOR THE PRICE. they have poor ejectors and I have had more hard primers with Glocks than any other hammered fired gun but this may apply for all striker fired guns. I don't hate Glocks but I don't really think they are good guns and I think they have made a market for themselves by catering to police departments. Simple as that.

It's also like 4 grand
Not comparable from a use case perspective

Manual safety for me
I practice good TD, I have a good holster but I still want one. Maybe it's my OCD or something but I want a manual safety. If they made a glock with a safety, I would buy one in a second.

Glocks are fine but I hate them because I like muh superfluous features like a safety.

Laughs in rust free

I don't like how they look, and really don't like how they feel in my hands. They're tiny clunky bricks

>user admits he knows jack shit about handguns in a thread he starts for handgun recs
>”no Glocks”

People who do this need to be shot. Not even a rabid Glockfag but the irrational hate for them spills over to the point where people subconciously have an aversion to them. Yes, the M&P 2.0, APX, VP9 and P10C among others are all great striker fired alternatives but to automatically dismiss one of the most popular and proven polymer handguns is retarded as fuck. Same goes for the AR15.

They then later bitch about the lack of holster options and aftermarket, settling on some bullshit ass amazon or sticky holster for their snowflake gun.

Attached: 6AE5D1C6-6212-45B2-BAF3-2634D45F5E56.jpg (473x532, 26K)

stick your nintendo switch

agreed, I personally don't really like glocks, i've shot a few different models, and they aren't atrocious in any way, just something about them didn't really catch my eye. I got a M&P 2.0, and aside from a kind of meh trigger i love it. I like the grip about a thousand times more on it than I do the glocks though. only complaint, I cant fuckin find any of the 15rd 9mm mags for it anywhere in person, and mags are something i'd buy at a bit of a mark up from my LGS cause they're good people.

Handled a VP9 but never fired one. What's the beef?

it really is the better option. I built my first one for $17 less than a new glock on sale, thanks to me being a fucking cheapskate, and an insomniac up at all hours hitting the auctions on ebay and buying everything on sale, then waiting a while till my ebay bucks came into my account after a 10% ebay bucks in the app to buy more parts. the guts are all glock. but the slide and the barrel are el cheapos that are actually pretty nice.

the only part I paid full price for was the magazine release spring.

I felt like such a big boy when I was done building it. I havent been that proud since I built my first engine completely on my own without help, and had it run fine.

Where the fuck did I say any of that shit? I said they were in the movie as an add for Taran Tactical, which is the truth.

>If they made a glock with a safety, I would buy one in a second.

Here you go, the Gadget SCD
>100% passive, does not interfere or compromise the fire control unit in any way
>only used by placing your thumb on the backplate which flaps during a draw or reholster
>only activates when trigger pressure is being applied, you will feel the SCD move when reholstering in the event something like a piece of your cover garment or whatever gets inside the trigger guard, pulling on the trigger
>some models have been tested with 50,000+ rounds with no signs of breakages
>hundreds of high round count shooters utilizing them with guns going +10,000rds with no issues at all

There are professional trainers and high level shooters who are advocates of the SCD. I carry Glocks AIWB and shoot them almost exclusively, the SCD is the main reason I use Glocks.

youtu.be/4t69VcNx

Attached: 54984EA7-D58A-4C83-AA24-74992ED66921.jpg (1147x800, 127K)

>glock isn't innovative
>is literally the pistol that kicked off the striker fire trend

They have that wierd grip safety that makes the gun safe enough to leave loaded around retarded toddlers but makes it a chore to fire the fucking thing. Also last I checked they're over 1.2k a pop and I think that's a little too much

>Also last I checked they're over 1.2k a pop and I think that's a little too much

Your europoor, they’re about the same as every other striker gun in the market here in the US

Glocks are great. The only complaint about them that are valid is the backstrap hump, shitty trigger and shitty stock sights, as well as the fact that they are just ugly.

VP9 don't have grip safety you fucking nogunz.

>this thread again

Attached: IMGR_3543.jpg (1024x681, 95K)

This is me exactly

>nothing to dislike about them

The day Glock barrels ship fully supported and thry have a decent trigger you'd be right

I'm a 30 year old boomer with a pathological fixation with old S&W revolvers but I want to get a modern polymer 9mm. With the Glock blue label program I could get a gen 5 19 for $398 or should I get a S&W M&P 2.0 compact for $340 post-rebate?

>Also, I would trust the durability factor of an equally manufactured steel frame up against a polymer one any day.
Just stop.

this thread again

Loving glocks is like loving McDonalds. It's not bad but it's not good and you couldn't be more generic if you tried.

Cause they work.

>Sort of in response to the John Wick thread, but what's the deal?

Nothing wrong with them, but if we only ever did "checks the most boxes for it's particular job", there'd only be like 10 different guns across the world.

What I take exception to is the fucking loonies who put $2000 in modifications into the fucking things when all they need it some night sights. This is double-hilarious because of the "Glock Perfection" slogan

They’re pretty good but I’d take the PPQ over the VP9 every single time.

Fire both guns and then choose. I would have thought the M&P until I shot it and hated it.

Glocks are the best pistol around and all issues stated can be solved. With 3d printed frames becoming more popular, not to metion the polymer 80 frame.

so you have gorilla hands?

why is being lighter a downside? sorry for the stupid question

I'm neutral on them. They're like white bread, or American cheese. They're boring and just do the thing they say they do, but they're basically 500 nearly identical models that haven't changed in any meaningful way since the first one went on sale, and Glock's submission to the MHS program not actually meeting the "modular" requirement is just a symptom of that.

Attached: just-noticed-that-the-22l-and-22-are-back-on-the-glock-website-i-glock-9mm-size-chart[1].png (922x647, 267K)

They're good but I'd rather buy a Beretta at that price.

They're fucking boring.

I do want a Gen2 they've aged well.

Tell them to order you some or gunmagwarehouse

i cant say theyre shitty guns, they just dont fit right in my hands

Gen 2 have a problem with exploding in high pressure cartridges. What do you mean they aged well?