Yildiz SPZ71 for 700 dollars. Is this a good starter shotgun Y/N?

Yildiz SPZ71 for 700 dollars. Is this a good starter shotgun Y/N?

Attached: ydspz71127671-1.jpg (900x200, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

huntershouse.dk/kat122-Haglgevær-over-under/
huntinglife.net/
huntershouse.dk/kat1901-Beretta/side15474-Beretta-Silver-Pigeon-Nyjæger-tilbud.html
lauritz.com/no/auksjon/jagtgevaer-over-og-under-beretta-model-686e-sporting-kaliber/i5340063/
huntinglife.net/webshop/45-haglgevaerer-brugte/28526-miroku-600-1270-ou-brugt-haglgevaer-med-2-loeb/
huntinglife.net/webshop/45-haglgevaerer-brugte/27017-skb-500-1270-ou-brugt-haglgevaer-med-ekstra-loeb/
huntinglife.net/webshop/45-haglgevaerer-brugte/23443-beretta-686e-1276-ou-brugt-haglgevaer-5ch/
huntinglife.net/webshop/45-haglgevaerer-brugte/2909-merkel-200e---1270-12-12---71---brugt/
huntinglife.net/webshop/45-haglgevaerer-brugte/28476-baikal-27-1276-ou-brugt-haglgevaer-2ch/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

depends on the purpose.

>for home defense
No
>for LARPing
No
>for tactical shit
No
>for hunting
No
>for shooting Clays
Probably not

no, there are cheaper guns that do a better job.

no. for the money you can do way better/ more guns and ammo to train.
Think about it.

The problem is that i'm in the EU. And this is one of the cheapest shotguns in the biggest gunshop in the EU.

>in the EU
Just merk yourself then.

Nah, just got my hunting license

For what? That shithole hasn't had game for a century.

Stay away from Kebab shotguns.
You can do far better with used guns, especially in Eurocuck land where the used market is oversaturated and therefore cheap.
Merkel or Simson shotguns can be had relatively cheap when used and are excellent guns that will outlive you. Same goes for a lot of French manufacturers.

Attached: Merkel 201e.png (1920x967, 1.1M)

Really, no. Most Turkish muck, be it Yildiz, Huglu, Akkar, Atatürk Express or whatever are usually copies of renowned shotguns, only with sloppy tolerances and world-renowned Turkish craftsmanship and quality control.
One would think that a copy of, say, a Beretta 686, which is pretty much a 100% CNC-machined product, could be done most anywhere. CNC = CNC, right?
However, poor fitting, poor choice of materials and poor quality control add up. Read stories of people's Turkish shotguns being set off by a bump even when the safety is supposedly engaged, for instance.
I would have considered a semiauto - The Benelli M2 is good, and Beretta makes a number of good semiautos. The Browning A5 is also good, and reliably made in Belgium.
However, it is not necessarily bad to buy used. I have a used Beretta 686E (The model before the Silver Pigeon), and it works like a charm. You can get lightly used Beretta O/U shotguns for a fraction of the full price. Assuming you paid 600-650 EUR for your Yildiz, I reckon you could find a used 686 for just a fraction more, and you'd have a product gunsmiths everywhere can find parts for if something were to go wrong with it.
A used Browning 525 or 725 wouldn't be wrong either, but you'll be amazed at how few of them there are, because people just plain don't need to upgrade from them. Older Auto-5 shotguns aren't bad either, and as points out, there are heaps of older Merkel, Simson and Sauer shotguns floating out there. For whatever reason, Beretta Ulrika shotguns are usually found dirt cheap.
While also not a "good" shotgun by gun snob standards, older Baikal or Izhmesh shotguns can also be bought at great prices, and are renowned for being no-nonsense workhorse shotguns that just work endlessly.

Get a Benelli M2 instead.

>double barrelled shotgun
>not good for hunting

>giving money to terrorists
what the fuck is wrong with you

Knew a Marine captain who swore off of them after his wife got him one and the bottom barrel was significantly out of alignment with the top.

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to look harder for a better shotgun.

That's a good idea user, I went through this the last few weeks and picked up a Franchi instinct instead of the turk guns I was eyeing. I figure a few hundred more is worth a gun with better craftsmanship and warranty that I was planning on handing down like my dad is handing down his shotguns from growing up

No not really. Double barrels are only really useful if the law has banned things like a Maverick 88

Stoeger double defense over and under - 2 3/4"/3" $449

Attached: BOSG.12.2.png (330x128, 5K)

In all sincerity, where and what the fuck do people in the EU hunt other than rabbits and a couple birds?

Maverick 88 is a trash
The only reason to have one is if you are poor and it is all you can afford

deer and boar are plentiful in germany,austria poland,czech.Poland even has bisons and finland, sweden and norway have also moose

Not the OP, but I hunt roe deer, seal, geese, cormorant, ravens, crows, mink, and fox.
I'm hoping to get together with some people and hunt moose one day, it looks crazy fun.
Speaking generally, there's also red deer, boar, reindeer, all manner of goats, and of course rabbits and a couple birds and a number of predators.

>I hunt seal, ravens, mink, and fox.
I hope you get pozzed by an ethiopian

Attached: 6a95abb5d7faf91e8bcbbd9e1a4cf16c840aaba9eecb8685f7d88115306b2c48.png (172x157, 37K)

>using an over under with 2 capacity to hunt
>not using a cheaper semi auto shotgun that shoots just as fast with less recoil
Keep trying to defend that purchase other than for memes

how many shells can you load in that semiauto when hunting?

Mav 88 is pretty much as reliable as a 500 or 590 its just outsourced parts and less customization thus cheaper and easier to produce. Now when you talk about durability then mav 88 will start fucking up with a little rough handling but still a great buy.

1 chambered and 2 cap while hunting but at least you have the fucking option to have more than that if you want to actually have fun shooting the damn thing. If someone wants to be a larper fag then okay get the damn over under/ side by side but for everything else get a pump or semi auto, its modern times not 1896

how many chokes can a semiauto have at the same time?

People who spell merc with a k certainly suck tons of dick.

How the fuck does one just casually hunt seals? Do you just sit on the shore and take pot shots? Are you actively boating out to shoot at seals in the water?

Either way it sounds extremely retarded. Why the fuck would anyone hunt seals?

$500 Mossberg 930
>Cheaper
>Customizable
>Way more capacity
>Less recoil

$700 Over under
>2 chokes
>LARP potential

You got me, OP but the over under its obviously the better choice.

>HUUUURRRR MUH CHOKES

Not semi-auto guy but if you're actually bird AND big game hunting at the same time then you're likely starving to death. There's no need for two differently choked barrels unless your next meal could possibly fly away before you could unscrew a choke.

Some of yall have never had seal meat and it shows.

Attached: 1557174288796.gif (467x355, 46K)

Whatever are you upset about? It's all to do my part in keeping the populations kept in check, and in the case of the seal there's the added bonus of a nice skin and half a metre of fillet meat. I domed six last year and caught three before they sank, and the skins paid for a few cartons of NSI Prestige Fast Magnum.
Seals eat and spread roundworm to fish, ravens, crows, mink and foxes fuck with the brooding bird populations, and have no real predators to worry about.
This is how nature works, so it should come as no great shock to you. Anyone who hunts birds should also hunt predators if they've an interest in continuing to hunt birds.

How about "individiual preference" and "multiple chokes"?

Seals aren't very bright, so I just jump in my boat and putter out, first to the islands where I know they sun themselves, then to other areas where they might come up to the boat to take a peek. A round takes about four hours, I usually combine it with setting or hauling my crab pots.
If I chanse to see them, I moor my boat at a nearby island, set myself up nicely with my bipod, rear bag and all that jazz, as the range goes up to 250+ metres. I could probably shoot longer, but it's hard spotting them before that because binoculars with high magnification and a rocking boat does not a good combo make.
Anyway, once the shot goes, the seals scatter with alarming speed, so I just jump back in my boat and speed on over to the island they were on and drag the seal into the boat. I could dress it out there too, but I prefer doing it in the comfort of my shed. Hygiene when butchering and all that, you know?
Some people shoot them while they're in the water if they just want to get rid of them or the water's not very deep so they can retrieve them, but that doesn't work here, and I like taking my time with the more certain shots.

more open choke for closer ranges
tighter choke for longer ranges
pretty common for bird hunters

See And >Individual preference
You mean larping?

why are you so mad that people don't like the same thing you do?

filthy eskimo-niggers

Its not that its that people are trying to defend buying a $700 2 cap over under for more than just for the memes. The choke thing is grasping at straws. This is for OPs first gun, a fucking over under for $700 thats only practical use is hunting and larp is not a good first choice.

you suggested a mossberg for $500
no mossberg is worth $500

Over under's are common for birds and skeet but I missed where user defended buying a $700 roach anything, one guy posted a $450 meme Stoeger. Not knowing OP's country in the EU I don't know what's legal, affordable, available or importable

Attached: afewshottybois.jpg (2016x1512, 2.52M)

No, I mean individual preference. As in, I prefer shooting with my over/under rather than my semiauto. The difference between the two is negligible at best as far as I'm concerned - I have never been in a situation I could have solved better with four shots than with two. If you hit, it's just as dead with one, and if you miss, they're just as alive with four. The second barrel having a tighter choke gives me the option to risk a shot at a fleeing bird, and for my super high speed and very low drag operations the shorter action affords me greater mobility and longer barrel length (lol).
If it greatly bothers you, take solace in knowing that you're far too redpilled to fall for the double barreled Jew's tricks and I'm just a bluepilled cuck sitting in a cave, watching those moving shadows on the wall and having the time of my life with that and rejecting any other reality. Yep.

>not a good first choice
...But he did specify that he just got his hunting license, hence he's very likely going to use it for hunting.
Besides, in a number of European countries where hunts are offered on grounds maintained by the owners it is sometimes frowned upon to hunt with anything that's not a double barreled shotgun because the owners of the property wish to maintain a fancy image. Upscale British places and some Danish places come to mind. I call it "high tweed factor", and I cannot say it is something I'm very happy about, but should the OP find himself in such a place and want to hunt there, those are the rules he has to play by.

What would a baikal o/u nickel 12 gauge go for?

>double barreled Jew

Attached: 14639724_10205707173478896_7720678073424300511_n.jpg (480x270, 15K)

I agree. I tend to rush shots when I know I can always shoot again. I try to spend at least a day quail hunting with a single break action 20 gauge every season. It really makes you slow down and make sure you are taking good shots.

Never heard of it before but I like anything Izhmash. I couldn't find a nickel version on gunbroker but with all of the 0 bid auctions, $450-550.

Ok OP here. Just want to clear some things up.
I just got my hunting license hence why i'm looking for a shotgun.
I'm from denmark, so there are many laws and the culture surrounding hunting is complicated.
Everyone i know has a double barrel, and those who also have a semi don't use it as much.
I like double barreled shotguns for several reasons, therefore i'm getting one. But i also want an semi shotgun later in life.

Hopefully that clears some things up about my choice.

And for the guy asking what there is to hunt. Roe deer, stag, fallow deer, foxes, mink, geese, ducks, pheasent, boar and many other animals.

>based and double barrel jewed pilled

As a dumb burger I don't know much about double barrels and even less about acquiring firearms in Denmark but the CZ redhead deluxe seems decent with chrome-lined barrels for $900 US, Stoeger is probably the cheapest you can get, the Baikal seems like a quality cheap Russian option.

I did seem to bite over a bit more than I expected, as even used shotguns are pretty expensive in Denmark. Where do people sell their used guns? I couldn't find anything on QXL, and what little I found on Hunter's House was, well...
huntershouse.dk/kat122-Haglgevær-over-under/
...Pretty expensive.
I'm used to Finn.no in Norway, which is flooding over with lightly used Berettas, and stores dumping prices on the most popular alternatives. I got a used adjustable Beretta 686E in mint condition for a measly 10 000 NOK.

Ive heard good things about the CZ o/u's, chrome lined, auto ejectors. OP see if you can find one lightly used it should be half price

Here is the store that i'm going to. It is the biggest in the EU

huntinglife.net/

I got a yildiz 410 as my first gun and it's always worked

To be fair, if you're set to buy new, this really isn't the worst deal, even if it is a smidge expensive: huntershouse.dk/kat1901-Beretta/side15474-Beretta-Silver-Pigeon-Nyjæger-tilbud.html
It's really a good deal if you're brand spanking new and haven't gotten a safe or anything yet - If I'm right in assuming that you need a safe anyway?
Failing that, you could try bidding on this, it's the same gun I've got: lauritz.com/no/auksjon/jagtgevaer-over-og-under-beretta-model-686e-sporting-kaliber/i5340063/
Since the thread is lacking in pictures, here are my shotguns.

Oh right, you folks in the EU probably don't have all that fuss about transporting goods across borders. I know people who have travelled to Germany with documents translated and stamped out the ass to buy guns, with the simplest way being to drive all the way back home.
If your budget is stretched, there's a Miroku here:
huntinglife.net/webshop/45-haglgevaerer-brugte/28526-miroku-600-1270-ou-brugt-haglgevaer-med-2-loeb/
That Miroku should be interesting, as I believe it's pretty much a lightly altered Browning Citori action.
And an SKB here:
huntinglife.net/webshop/45-haglgevaerer-brugte/27017-skb-500-1270-ou-brugt-haglgevaer-med-ekstra-loeb/
The reason behind the extra barrel sets is likely that one set is choked for skeet, and one for hunting.
There's really a lot of good stuff on that site, and if you're willing to stretch your budget to 12-14 000, you can get the used Beretta 686 that's listed:
huntinglife.net/webshop/45-haglgevaerer-brugte/23443-beretta-686e-1276-ou-brugt-haglgevaer-5ch/
Or the Merkel 200E
huntinglife.net/webshop/45-haglgevaerer-brugte/2909-merkel-200e---1270-12-12---71---brugt/

Almost forgot the pictures! They're not as dirty as they look on account of the camera, just relax.

Attached: 2019-05-23 21.44.20.jpg (1613x617, 270K)

It's actually in Denmark as well. Were quite big on hunting here. My budget is up to 7k dkk. The Miroku looks good.

I've been eyeing this baikal. It has the right caliber and it is also magnum. It is a bit short though, but i'm going to the store soon so i can check out if it fits. It's also very cheap which is a bonus since i'm also looking at some gun lockers.
huntinglife.net/webshop/45-haglgevaerer-brugte/28476-baikal-27-1276-ou-brugt-haglgevaer-2ch/

Those are beautiful. It's semis like that one, that make me want to get when i get some more money.

The Baikal will certainly also be a solid bet. As I wrote previously, it's not a big "prestige" gun, but people use and abuse them for years on end with no problems. Getting to try the fit of it and the feel of how it points is great if you have the option. If it is threaded for chokes rather than having fixed ones, you could see about finding new ones, but chances are that the ones that are in are the best suited for hunting anyway. My father has a Baikal IJ-18 of old Soviet manufacture I used when growing up and up until I passed my hunter's exam, when I bought the semiauto. Best of luck to you, man.

>starter shotgun
>$700

Yeah, no. Get yourself a Mossman Super Nitro Extreme or whatever their top-of-the-line 12 gauge is and it'll both cost less and not break after 2 shots like Turkish shotguns always do.