Tikka T3X vs Ruger American in 308

The Tikka is twice the price of the Ruger.

Is the Tikka THAT much better?

Attached: tikka-t3-varmint.jpg (458x458, 72K)

I love my Tikka T3

Attached: IMG_1049.jpg (4032x2316, 1.85M)

It's definitely not twice as good.
The bolty boi game has really made leaps and bounds in the last few years. Between Ruger, Mossberg, Savage, Tikka/Sako, Howa, Thompson Center, CZ, etc... You can make really small groups at very respectable distances very affordably.

I'm Finnish.

Yes. The Tikka is that good.

I have a 2013 Ruger American .308, bought new, cheap, like $400 with preinstalled glass. It's a basic bitch lightweight hunting rifle with a pencil barrel that's made to put meat on the table. Would absolutely recommend the Tikka if you want a rifle to care about.

I have a t3x ctr built for precision rifle shit, and I'm picking up a t3x lite today for a short range bush meat gun.

Going with a leupold vx-3i 3.5x10 scope and will probably chop the barrel down to 20", although I've never had that done before and i don't want the accuracy affected.

has anyone chopped a barrel down slightly? did you notice any change in accuracy?

Yes, the ruger is a piece of shit.

Ruger is the high point of bolt actions.

I had a ruger scout in 308. the bolt was really sloppy to the point where if I was cycling in a bit of a panic I could bind up the bold. Sold that fucker as fast as I could.

I found the american too front heavy.

Go to 16 and get it professionally recrowned if you're afraid of the possible loss in accuracy

I own a Ruger American Predator and a friend owns a Tikka (both 308). The Tikka is in just about every way a nicer feeling rifle and groups ever so slightly better. For me, the Tikka isn't worth it but I also don't care much about fit and finish as long as the rifle does what it's supposed to. If the question is direct value, I'd argue that the Tikka isn't worth the price tag comparatively speaking. Just make sure you're getting a Predator (moss green stock) and not the regular or ranch (black or tan respectively). I really like the aftermarket stocks for the American, which you're going to need because the stock on them is garbage tier.

Am canadafag, 18.5 is our cucked limit :(

was thinking of 20 because I fingerfucked the cabelas special edition t3x lite that had the muzzlebreak, was really nice to point and move around...

>high point of bolt actions
That would be the TC Compass. And there is nothing wrong with that.

It's better where it matters. If you're looking for a quality bolt-action hunting gun to last you for life, get the tikka. If you're just looking for a range gun/baby's first bolt-action, get the ruger.

(disclaimer: I have a T3 .308 since 2006 and my dad has an LSA 65 in .30-06 so I could be a little biased. We both hunt quite a lot and have never had a miss or mishap we could blame on the guns.)

I'm looking for a range gun.
I enjoyed my CZ 452 varmint for a while but I want to try longer distance shooting.

I tried that cz that I bought new, a mosin and a k98 regarding bolt actions and none of those had a smoothly operating bolt, I started to think that all the bolt actions tend to stick.

I like that my mossberg mvp takes the same 308 pmags as my scar 17, and has the same barrel length and twist rate.

Attached: _20190410_130647.jpg (4000x1285, 806K)

Pic related

Attached: _20190413_083847.jpg (3640x1257, 792K)

Both the Ruger and TC Compass are incredibly high value rifles that perform quite well.
What you get when buying Tikka is a better fit and finish. One is a tool, the other is a tool and a showpiece. Approaching the purchase from a utilitarian standpoint, you'd be fine with the Ruger or TC over a Tikka, but if you wanted something that also scratched the itch for nice things, the Tikka easily pulls ahead.

What did you paint on your mag?

Some meme sigil to try and sumon hitler

Attached: memes.png (4488x4552, 1.78M)

cool
I hope it works one day

Me too

Attached: _20190329_003243.jpg (1564x1222, 189K)

Have both. Tika is better, no doubt. If you can afford it you will be happy and still feel like it’s cheap for what you get. The trigger is adjustable and amazing, the bolt is silky smooth and the fit and finish are top notch.

The American does everything the Tika does. It’s lightweight, durable, has a great trigger and even does under 1moa. The Tikka just does all that a little better, but it is double the price.

The biggest weakness of the Ruger is the bolt smoothness.

Barrel length doesn't matter for manual actions, user.
It just needs to 660 mm (Round up to 26") if it can be fired telescoped/folded.
If it doesn't telescope/fold, it can be even smaller.
Pic related is NR.

Attached: Ranch Hand Leg Holster.jpg (476x600, 32K)

doesn't one make the other pointless?

No so if I had to start a 1 man offensive I would start with the mvp for the initial shot and to maybe make a few follow up shots while the range was greater and then I could drop the mag and keep the ammo for the scar and use the acog for closer ingagement. Im alone if SHTF so I have to think about stuff like this I guess. Also if I wanted to go hunting I probably wouldn't do it with a scar the MVP is lighter the car weighs 12.4 lbs fully loaded

Attached: _20190522_124639.jpg (2690x3538, 1.23M)

Attached: 21C82E56-420F-44F9-99E9-F44BADCD11B8.gif (355x355, 811K)

Cringe

Gys Chiam

Attached: judea_declares_war_on_germany.jpg (1372x986, 311K)

Unless you go into custom shops, all American precision bolt rifles are total shit.

Just helped my friend acquire an extremely good condition t/c venture form a co-worker. I was really surprised when I got to take a look at it - with a massive three lug bolt and 5R rifling, I couldn't believe that these were selling on the low end of bolt actions.

The friend who bought it got the rifle, two half boxed of nosler bullets (the 50 packs for reloading) a damn near set of new dies and 4 brand new shells to be reloaded. All for $450.

er, 20..not 4

Yes it is - it's comparing a piece of shit to one of the best bolt actions under $2000USD / $3000AUD

For what purpose?
Why .308?

The Tikka is a much better finished rifle, better quality construction all around, no rough bolt or magazine that's going to have the latch break off with a bit of use, and no chance of a warped stock from factory. Also an insanely smoother bolt throw.

American companies don't tend to make great bolt action rifles compared to Tikka / Sako on the higher end, and Howa / Browning (Miroku) on the lower end.

T3X is more comparable to Ruger M77, but again guaranteed accuracy and smoother bolt throw, M77 would otherwise be similar in quality of construction.

Attached: 60584403_10215605531154801_5225973337980665856_o.jpg (1442x702, 114K)

dumbfuck seppos

yes the tikka is better kys

vanguards or howas are better

yes

They're the same gun, Bungins

I like ruger scouts

Savage scouts are better

kys bungins

The Ruger American is a fine gun for what it is. The Tikka is worth it.

lol, no, the RAP can ring the gong at 1000m out of the box and the RPR is the new global standard in precision rifle.

Attached: 1556933263679m.jpg (511x1024, 87K)

Yes

You're fucking cooked cunt.

RPR is OKAY, but it's not any kind of global standard. Wake me up when PRS guys are using them instead of Tikkas in chassis lol.

>implying a 3k scar can chase groups as well as a 600$ bolt gun.

PRS guys are using them jabroni, they're the most common entrance to the sport atm.

Range/s hit the f long range gun.
Most diffused caliber here in wild boar country together with 30-06.
Should I go for the 30-06 instead?