/arg/ - AR General

Shitting on casuals Edition

Old:

Attached: 503EDFF9-8E5F-4726-B39A-CE7417DF1232.png (604x397, 164K)

ALL AR OWNERS ARE MALL NINJAS

you boys wanna share some memorial day sales youve seen? noveske is doing 20% off site wide and cryptic is doing 15% off

Kill yourself, Communist!

Attached: 1549130837602.jpg (338x305, 34K)

Attached: 20190522_184118.jpg (2048x1152, 543K)

based PSA

DO NOT UWU in this forum.

at least fix your fucking rear sight

What it works just fine, it clears the optic and cowitnesses with the fsb perfectly

its fucking backwards you mong

Fsp... I slipped into pc building language for some reason....

No its not....... it flips up from the front otherwise your hand would be in the way when you go to release it...

>pc building
Only one step above AR building. IF ars required an operating system, what OS would it use?

Whats an AR15?

ok now i now you're trolling

Attached: 1450884936725.jpg (510x384, 60K)

UwU

Attached: 9E60EB0C-73AF-4E0A-8522-956A53A0B9B5.jpg (3560x1536, 1.9M)

You do realize that spot above your charging handle is for a rear sight right?
But i can see by the rest of your AR that this is talking to a brick wall

i fully automatic assault weapon capable of shooting through 8 feet of steel.

Are you sure?
it just looks ugly hanging over the charging handle so that's the way I like it.

Thats literally why that section of unladdered picatinny is there

>cant put his rear sight where everyone has put them since the advent of the flattop because its ugly and he wants to be different

yeah im sure, just go to magpul website and look

Attached: derpstick.jpg (1920x1280, 658K)

>unladdered

Huh, I originally had it on that way but I didn't like how It got in the way of the charging handle so I figured it had to be backwards

Front sight block is probably more "correct" anyways.

Theres no horizontal slots for crossbolts

Attached: IMG_20190523_134420~2.jpg (4032x3024, 2.05M)

>spends all his money on laser
>can't afford iron sights
>Poortex

Its knockoff memebox

its an airsoft peq

How can you tell?

Buy Hodge

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f_1558543171439.jpg (636x800, 208K)

I’m planning to buy a Daniel Defense with a 12.5in barrel. I have 2 questions:

1) I went with 12.5 over 11.5 since I might want to slap a suppressor on it and I know dwell time counts a lot there. Is 12.5 a terrible choice for some reason I might not have considered?

2)Which of these muzzle devices should I go with? I was leaning towards one of the flash suppressors since I hear shorter barrels are flashier. If they all suck I’ll just take the cheapest/see if I can avoid paying for one.

Attached: EFDCBBAE-554C-4809-B40A-01CA38F936A4.png (733x886, 117K)

So it's an even more retarded build?

Yes

I miss Emy

Either get a pronged flash hider like a Vortex or whatever will work as a mount for a later planned suppressor.
A reason to go shorter than 12.5 is OAL once you add that can. 18” vs 20” after you stack a 7.5” suppressor.

Nice peq, is it full powered?

>Which of these muzzle devices should I go with?
Whatever mounts your suppressor.

Emy was boring

Hi guys

Attached: 84FAE738-2DE6-45B0-AD5E-D4A190840C92.jpg (1575x2100, 1.75M)

Nice AR

Attached: IMG_Huawei_HiAI_20190523_141040_processed.jpg (1549x1161, 907K)

Ash has a nice AR

thank you :)

i've been slowly putting it together for a long time. I took that pic this morning.

Why are LPVOs considered top gucc, especially with offset red dots and everyone just leaving it on max power all the time? Is there not a lighter/more rugged/cheaper fixed 6-8x?

Nope

same as Some things that are still on the list are a rear BUIS and a quieter buffer spring

You guys are just mad I have a peq and you don't.

Attached: 1529615434613.jpg (468x355, 111K)

What nvd do you have?

Attached: 500pxShopped.jpg (500x500, 58K)

Yeah nobody leaves their LVPO on maximum power. Ideally you put your optic on the lowest setting after you crank it up to engage distant targets so that if a close up target presents themselves you can quickly engage.

Thanks for the help!

The naked barrel comes threaded at 1/2x28 TPI, which seems to be typical for the handful of suppressors I googled. The muzzle device won’t be pinned so I guess I should just go pronged and expect to do some unscrewing if I want to play oper8r?

Is there a legal concern regarding OAL, or just from a handling standpoint? I’ve only ever heard it in an ATF-related context.

>That clean of a black peq
>No plug insert
>safety screw is wrong size
>mounting screw isnt warped like a motherfucker
>laser windage elevation screw sticking out of the thing

Handling. Indoors length is no fun, thats why the MK18 exists in the first place.

Can you post yours to compare?

If thats the case get a vortex. They just thread on hand tight then tighten themselves as you shoot. Comes off easy with a 3/4” wrench when youre ready to swap on a suppressor mount. $63 and one of the best performing flash hiders available.
Length is just a bitch indoors when you cant get within a foot and a half of a door without lowering or raising your rifle (taking it off target) or smacking into corners and walls constantly.

You arent mounting a can directly to the muzzle thread either unless its a precision rifle. Modern cans QD onto a muzzle device. See Dead air for the current best QD suppressor mounts

Overseas atm

Rad. I appreciate the help.

Forth

I want a D-EVO

What are you just going back to your old trip because everyone knew who AOR2 was anyways?

because I switched to my pc and forgot to take off the trip. also I posted my AOR2's tripcode. AOR2##%€¢|√^as

>the all anons are ash meme comes true

>the all anons are ash meme comes true
user's just write fanfic's that never happen. Like the fanfic that I got my AR taken away because I ND'd.

Or the one you wrote about selling it for weed?

Isn't it horrifying? I'm Ash, you're Ash.

>Or the one you wrote about selling it for weed?
Twas memeing with the anons.

*shudders*

Will a KAC flip up micro rear sight work with a basic front sight of any kind?

Yes

No, KAC exclusive to keep the poors away

As long as you can sight it in, bdc will kind of work. I've heard rumors from the dark ages of shit AR parts, that there have been instances of FSB lower than usual (non-F-marked), that maybe need a longer post.

>instances of FSB lower than usual (non-F-marked)
A1 or A2 marked FSB are non f-marked because carry handle rides differently

Yep, so lots of trash tier rifles (dpms, del-ton, etc.) would unironically sell uppers with those sights combined with flat top uppers, guaranteeing mismatched sights no matter which rear you get.

*companies not rifles, I can't tap as fast as I change my sentence.

Thanks, its gonna be unaesthetic as fuck because my current irons are way bulkier but I couldn't pass up the deal.

I'm just reading the article by Jeff Gurwich where he says it never left 6x in Afghanistan, and he isn't the first person I've heard say that. If you have an offset red dot, it does seem considerably faster to just switch to that instead of messing with the magnification.

I want a lightweight carbine but I also want to build a cool clone, and I can’t do both. What is the lightest weight Colt catalog clone I can reasonably build that isn’t an SBR or braced pistol? Is something like a 654 clone the lightest I can get?

Fixed magnification riflescopes need to come back

I need higher mount. Beams block optic.

Attached: IMG_20190521_153414~3.jpg (4032x3024, 3.28M)

Whatever has the 20” pencil barrel

But a 654 is a 14.5” pencil barrel.

Then do that. Im not a clonefag

My only AR is an Aero M16A4 and due to moving for work I’m not going to be able to buy another gun for a number of years. Is my Aero M16A4 good enough of a rifle as is in 2019+ or should I buy parts and use the lower to make something more modern? Whenever I go shoot with friends they’ve all got fancy tactical ARs and always shit talk my long and heavy A4.

>beams
Did you mean fake plastic box?

Your friends are idiots
I say this as an LMT owner

A4 is a good rifle, buy an acog for it

All 20” 5.56 ARs are obsolete in the present age.

>shit talk my long and heavy A4.
They are right, these muskets fucking suck

The A4s been used to invade lesser countries. Itll do you fine in 80% of shit you could run into. Just dont hang out in areas with lots of tight corners.
Probably better off than whatever gaymer carbines they put together.

>giving a fuck about tryhards

If your friends ARs look anything like pic related then you are to discard any opinions they have immediately

Attached: 44114FD3-E2C0-4F4F-813C-E19D39F4AE4B.jpg (1067x1762, 1.21M)

>having no taste, skill, passion or money

This is none of those things
His friends probably own some shit like pic related

Attached: 3184EF10-D893-47ED-9E0C-B5EC0397BB8B.jpg (2048x2048, 439K)

If I want to mount a foregrip on my mlok handguard should I get a Magpul polymer rail attachment or aluminum?

what else does your magic crystal ball say?

Oh is this your rifle? Did I hurt your feelings?

Don't get a DD they're anti2a

no its beams