So i just bought a K31

So i just bought a K31.

Being an extremely recent hasgunz i don't understand a fucking shit about how to aim with this rifle and how to calibrate it according to the range.

I'm gonna give it a try at 25 meters tomorrow, i'm aware that this rifle is meant to shoot at at least 300 meters, but this is the nearest range and my only actual choice.

Should i make any kind of adjustment to the front sight for such a close distance ? What should i tweak ?

Attached: K31_Model57_calibre22LR.jpg (1992x505, 82K)

At that distance you can't adjust the sights low enough, so you're going to have to aim lower than what you plan to hit.

Thanks. Nice quads.

Try 60-80m if you're afraid of 100m. 100m is usually the standard for sighting in for milsurp.

I wouldn't try to mess with the sights until you can get it out to at least 100m. At 25m the only thing you're going to notice is if it's shooting really far off to one side.

don’t.
Fix
What
Ain’t
Broke

Watch Bloke on The Range

It's not about being afraid of 100m or not wanting to shoot at 100m, it's just that the babby indoor range i'm shooting at is max 40 meters and 25 meters in actual ranges.

Just fuck off kid

if thats your range dont worry about shooting high or shooting low no matter what its going to be off. focus on left/right and groupsize

So it is a small indoor range. Are you sure you will be even allowed to fire a rifle in there?

*rolls eyes* my nearest pistol range doesn't allow my 9mm..... "too heavy calibre"

Suck my roasted nuts.
>So it is a small indoor range. Are you sure you will be even allowed to fire a rifle in there?
Yeah i'm sure. They limited the maximum caliber to 50 BMG.

This should really be in QTDDTOTT but I will try to help. First does the K-31 have sights like ones in your picture or mine?

Attached: K31-profiles.jpg (2799x1122, 328K)

My K31 looks exactly like the one in your picture.

I bought it with W+F diopter sight though but i removed it for now. I want to master the standard iron first.

Then don't fucking touch the front sight. It takes some very involved tools and knowledge to not fuck the gun up when it comes to front sight modifications.

All right. If i fuck something i will ask my gunsmith to fix my shit either way, but thanks for the advice.

They are pretty hard guns to break but 1/60th of a degree movement on the front sight is roughly a 1/3rd of a minute movement. So once you have something that work in 1/60ths of degrees its not worth trying. If you haven't already you might want to have the headspace checked by your gunsmith.

Can buy headspace gauges and do it yourself too

Quads does not only have the digits of truth, but also Is absolutely correct as well.

Your range will hate you.

>i don't understand a fucking shit about how to aim with this rifle
focus on the front sight

Try a coffee can or something first, OP. If you have a range that allows reactive targets, that is. Punching holes in paper is good for dialing in your deer rifle, but not great for training as a beginner. You want to know what you did right immediately? Bounce a tin can around. Besides, it's fun as hell.

If you're a new hasgunz user and youre the one who got it from the CSC I can give you some pointers and go with you when im back in town if you'd like :)

Do. Not. Mess. With. Sights. I bought my K31 and was hitting dead center with 1980 surplus ammo at 100 meters. Beautiful shooting rifle and their surplus ammo is really excellent. Marched the bullet holes from the top of the target down and discovered that the aiming point sits on the top of the front blade. Found out later that is how the Swiss set-up their sights. The Swiss calibrate their rifles to do shooting at 100 to 300 meters.

The cost for a gunsmith to do that, is usually like 1/4th the price of the guage.

Who cares. They limited the maximum caliber to 50 BMG in their intern rules so they should expect people to come shoot with anything less than that.

how is the muzzleflash on a k31?