Is this possible?

I feel like if done right it could be possible to create mods like this to existing weapons.
Inspired by lasers thread

Attached: dae65de818c226622db2366edc53e16b.jpg (1280x905, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IJaG_IrG6oo
youtube.com/watch?v=wewaCdSW4yc
youtube.com/watch?v=AXaaybiRiYY
lockheedmartin.com/en-us/products/exoskeleton-technologies/military.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Possible? Absolutely.
Practical? Hell no, not for a tiny rifle round.

Yes but the chance of premature explosion due to errors in encoding on a speeding bullet/rocket is too high for any military to take seriously for the risk it carries.

I wouldnt trust it automatic like that but if it were maybe an under barrel launcher. I would see that as more practical. A tracking high explosive grenade round

I think explosive rounds could be useful in a bullet that size, but it would have to explode inside the target, airburst would be tarded cause the fragments are tiny. however, a .50BMG shapecharge with incendiary component would be interesting for use against cars and MG nests/cinder block fortifications.

Attached: 2fa1898b5a9d914967d80bb49796f843.jpg (615x454, 41K)

lmao

Encoding has been a solved problem since the 1990s m8. What do you think gated AA rounds are? They've moved out of AA into GP HE and 40mm a long time ago.

Well I'll admit I'm stupid and I didn't realize that. Please educate me.

>I think explosive rounds could be useful in a bullet that size
No. The bullet is too small to have any useful sort of explosive filler. Or detonator for that matter

>but it would have to explode inside the target

you might not know this but being hit with a .30 bullet is already more than enough to kill you

Electronic fuzing is more G resistant than ppl thought. That's all. The chip is set by induction in the barrel/chamber or an IR LED and after X rotations or X time on the chip clock, it detonates.

The problem with airbursting isn't the fuzes, it's the HE. Older fuzes consume a lot of space and it takes roughly a 40mm to get a reliable kill radius. 25mm (like the XM25) isn't big enough, to the point it's probably worthless (direct hits only) against dudes wearing armor + helmets.

>youtube.com/watch?v=IJaG_IrG6oo

All other fags in here are retarded and don't know their shit. The muzzle velocity of an AK is about 715m/s. That little encoder thing is about 5 cm at most. That means the encoder has 70 microseconds to encode that information on there. This is including some kind of bit error correction/detection like hamming encoding to prevent fatal errors, maybe encryption blabla
Even if this would take just 10 bytes, it would be a bit rate of around 3.7Mbit/s, which is not undoable, but pretty high to do reliably. However, how could it ever know when to transmit?
And lastly, you know how big a rifle round is? 7.62*39 is just 2.31 cm3. This includes a jacket that should be substantial enough to withstand the explosion, pressures and velocity of being fired. Lets say it leaves 1 cm3, then still you have to fit in electronics, a battery or other energy storage of sorts, a detonator and THEN STILL some explosives. It just would not fit. Even if the electronics would take zero space, that amount of explosives is so tiny, it probably has insignificant effect over a regular rifle round.
Last but not least, what would you even make the rifle round of? It cannot be any kind of conducting metal, since it would form a faraday cage making it impossible to program from the outside with RF.

Muzzle velocity of larger projectiles is a lot lower than that of a rifle round.

>what is autocannon

hurr you go m8: youtube.com/watch?v=wewaCdSW4yc

>what is arming in flight
These are armed whilst in the breach or before that, not in flight so that is not an issue. OPs example is arming in flight.

youtube.com/watch?v=AXaaybiRiYY

>And lastly
>Last but not least
Pick one you cant have both dude.

I cannot be arsed to check everything I wrote, also tired, so who cares. This luckily isn't school, and you aren't my teacher.
Points I made still stand though.

Probably possible, but the amount of explosive filler in there is so tiny you'd almost certainly be better off with just lead and kinetic as a medium for transferring damaging levels of energy. that would have about the same explosive impact as one of those little bang-snap things.

For something like that it might be more efficient to add a micro guidance package to the bullet and use the beam as a designator. May help to compensate for windage variations or even coriolis at range.

Sure, but you need some magic explosives for get a useful airburst out of a 120-150gr projective

I personally think science and military advancements will hit a huge breakthrough soon. Whether its from the US or somewhere else, someone will release something game changing thats nothing like what we have now. Whether its some kind of energy weapon, new armor, mech suits ect. it will change the world

Attached: dwayne-dmello-paintings.jpg (1920x1293, 188K)

I always thought this was pretty cool. Electromagnetic AR15

Attached: EMRifle.jpg (1920x1279, 112K)

They have been developing exosuits for a long time now
lockheedmartin.com/en-us/products/exoskeleton-technologies/military.html

I'd rather the south come back

>120,000 rpm
>runs on electrical energy, which means no sound or heat
wat
thats like 70 magazines a second