What practical surplus items do you use in everyday life?

What practical surplus items do you use in everyday life?

Attached: 35C74E9E-D4E4-47E6-AB77-B715E926AADF.jpg (2048x3069, 990K)

Not everyday life, but I acquired an Aimpoint comp m2 about ten years ago. It sits atop my m4gery that I shoot once or twice a week.

I know it's a pretty basic bitch answer, but I bought about half a dozen ammo cans on a whim and they've been pretty useful for storage.

See

Use a former Yugoslavian messenger bag to carry my tablet and a few other things.

Still get triggered when melanin-enhanced co-worker keeps calling it a "murse"

Poncho liner and field jacket liner get a lot of use. ISO Mat sees camping use. LBV sees LARPing use

I use this pretty much every day. Opening cans, bottles, boxes, the slotted tip screwdriver is handy for poking and prodding.
Also use my field jacket liner when it’s chilly.

Attached: 527C9A08-353F-4136-A127-FDE8DA069F09.jpg (640x800, 420K)

Backpacks, boots, jackets when I'm outdoors or if it's a flat color. Button down shirts without insignia, leather jacket, watch cap
A lot but I keep it not super obvious to avoid being an autist
Occasionally I use a west German mechanic coverall at work but I am a mechanic so

Canteen cup for ramen/tea/soup

Attached: canteen cup.jpg (1220x1270, 656K)

My peanus weanus of course :)

I carry a Ka-Bar when I go out, and have an old Gulf War era canteen stored away that I used to use when excercising.

I also have one of those

It's extremely nifty. Always have it nearby.
I also have a USGI mess kit but only use it once in a blue moon.

this, I have a french one I use for everything

that looks comfy

An old fabric jacket belt an a molle pouch, I nigga rigged them together to make a prety useful shoulder bag

I cover myself with poncho liner when I'm couchsurfing which is almost every day, does that count? Shit is super comfy btw

Attached: Cozy'n'lazy.jpg (4032x3024, 3.2M)

I still sleep with mine all the time. The exgf hated it, she couldnt understand the bad vibes it blocked out.

Attached: fel.jpg (1401x3022, 911K)

I have a fuck all big east German one I use

The best piece of "surplus" gear I used on a daily was a P-38 GI can opener that I kept out of a tray ration from our weekly air drop resupply when I was in Afghanistan. It's so small you don't notice it on your key ring and when I lived in the backwoods PNW firefighting after I got out most of my veggies were canned so it got a lot of use. Faster than a normal can opener after many years lol They are .99 cents online, get one or two if you camp or use canned stuff often

Her loss.
I am super jealous about your fal, can't own one because we're restricted only to straight/pump action and it's not sold here

Attached: SmartSelect_20190524-162120_Gallery.jpg (853x1246, 1.25M)

*inhales* LIEBERMUSTER ZELTEINHEIT

Attached: 9A31DC04-FB8A-41BE-94C7-99E015825ED9.jpg (1024x768, 409K)

I just ordered a new one, thanks Jow Forums I had almost forgotten about that nifty gadget if not for this thread.