Talk about the Italian military

Talk about the Italian military

>talk about Italian Military present past and future
>post pictures of the Italian miliaty and their Tech Tanks Guns Small arms Mortars planes etc
>anyone been in the Italian Miltary talk about your time and answer questions on the Italian army
>ask questions about Italian Army

importantly have fun

Attached: 436px-Italian_Soldier_Olypmic_Games_Turin_2006.jpg (436x599, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sz9XSi9wmPo
youtube.com/watch?v=CGsB2uItqAg
youtube.com/watch?v=fqi2BqOkT2o
youtube.com/watch?v=u-ZbLAVpqDc
youtube.com/watch?v=huF_GOIvlJ4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bersaglieri
youtu.be/-N9NiEH9-vg
google.com/amp/s/oltrelalinea.news/2018/04/05/lesercito-ed-il-nuovo-carro-armato-ariete-ii/
esercito.difesa.it/Rapporto-Esercito/Trasformare-lo-strumento/Pagine/Ammodernamento-e-rinnovamento.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Centauro a qt!

Attached: Centauro-II_Cecchignola_1.jpg (1050x649, 160K)

Attached: in-the-loop.jpg (800x533, 119K)

instructor zero was italian military

youtube.com/watch?v=Sz9XSi9wmPo
youtube.com/watch?v=CGsB2uItqAg

Attached: d46e5b2ea4cb43b09cdffd9f1e1b2905.jpg (700x638, 51K)

italian future soilder program

Attached: G020655.jpg (860x576, 315K)

I really like their camo. It's called "vegato" or something like that, right?

i found this

Attached: 1294059305_comparatif-multicam-multiland-vegetato-2.jpg (480x360, 67K)

The italian recruitment ad

they got f35's
youtube.com/watch?v=fqi2BqOkT2o

Attached: 3cd7b33201aa52ff6a8f41029ab14b04.jpg (626x960, 100K)

Italian Manpads

Attached: MBDAs-Mistral-MANPADS.jpg (800x445, 88K)

Am I missing something, or does that missile not have an IR seeker head? Is it active-radar guided?

italian army ranks

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-24 Italian Army ranks - Wikipedia.png (1008x540, 68K)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-24 Italian Army ranks - Wikipedia(1).png (1022x551, 47K)

not sure but the thing is a lot bigger than that picture
youtube.com/watch?v=u-ZbLAVpqDc

feathers?

Ariete modernization program is the biggest shitshow you could imagine

Yeah, I'm looking at the wikipedia article on it, and it says the missile is IR-guided. It has another picture with a similar-looking nose cone. Must either be IR-transparent or some sort of protective cover. I'm guessing it's the latter.

That's an outstanding ad.

Attached: 1554061062972.jpg (651x456, 186K)

My uncle is a very high grade AF official, flew Tornados most of his life
I think he bombed sandniggers during the gulf war and he was awarded by the madlad Berlusconi himself
Now he and my aunt (mom's sister) divorced, he was a pretty odd guy

Attached: Dardo-Torretta-modificata-900x580.jpg (900x580, 112K)

Bersaglieri wear feathers. They're also required to run everywhere they go. No walking.
youtube.com/watch?v=huF_GOIvlJ4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bersaglieri

Attached: Bersagliere_in_uniform_(circa1900).jpg (701x1272, 275K)

Crazy to think italians have a aircraft carrier with f35's.
Really makes you think in how much shit russia would be if it really pissed off the eu

fuck the F-35, I want my planefu back

Attached: 3232_rd.jpg (800x533, 57K)

Would give her my aldente noodle

are they like the assult troops or something The British have the green jackets who do the same and the Spanish have that gay looking forgine legion group

When are we getting AR70 part kits in freedomland?

Light infantry. As for specifically what roles they're being employed in I'm not all too sure, tb h.

Attached: ItalianBattleshipRoma.jpg (3045x2126, 2M)

That rifle looks a lot like the NATO 5.56 rifle in MGSV.

Italian warships had such great interiors in WWII. Gotta love that art deco.

goddamn that was fucking beautiful

>tfw the Italians have better carrier capabilities than the UK

Fun fact: This joke of an army has 200 "Ariete" main battle tanks, but can only afford to keep 30 of them running.

tell me more about the italian army?

i hear they paid the taliban not to attack there outposts or the area they were in rather then actually fighting them

and they're dated as fuck
and they can't decide if and how to upgrade them
andd even if they do they'll end up only upgrading a handful of them due to costs
which is a fucking shame since it's one sexy machine
in their defence though, it's not like the situation is any better in other euro countries, and why would you want to keep something you're not using running?

I don't think tanks are a priority. Italy is surrounded by EU allies and most of the territory doesn't seem ideal for tanks anyway

Dont know much about them but there's an Italian guy training here who's pretty chill

It was not really a good design to begin with, they really should've just produced Leopards under license like everyone else.
Maintaining 4 battalions of MBTs is not really much to ask of one of the larger EU economies.

nah, I'm all for domestic design, but you're right, it was DoA despite looking rad

>that trumpet run
youtu.be/-N9NiEH9-vg

apparently these subs are pretty fucking good
the chad stride

Attached: 212ecvn71.jpg (638x424, 51K)

oh shit m83!

Italians in WW1 were pretty crazy

Attached: F504CE28-908C-4A3E-B9B5-36D04998D8F9.jpg (236x334, 21K)

Gotta admit, seeing that shit run at me in a trench would be terrifying

>run everywhere they go
clearly youve never been to basic cuz that shits nothing special

Qt

i need a bm59. i NEED IT

>not mine

Attached: 1553844392990.jpg (2816x2123, 1.16M)

Hey thats my rifle. Glad you like it user. Get one. Well worth the money.

Attached: 5290A406-DBFD-4A12-B774-097D92D071CF.jpg (3623x1365, 1.13M)

I saw your thread a long while ago, and I love your rifle, no homo.

Im saving up for one, hopefully I can get one soon.

Attached: 1433547695837.png (414x499, 330K)

Vegetato is my favorite camo pattern tbqh

Fucking based

That is aesthetic as fuck

>, they really should've just produced Leopards under license like everyone else.

Fuck off, G*rmany. G*llic fucks always ruining Europe.

Well, Challengers aren't all that good, and they don't have the logistics to make operating the Abrams feasible, so I'm not sure what other options they'd have.

The field grade from sweaty ben are a pretty good deal. Note you need to install a winter trigger yourself. Mine smells like a cigar lounge, don't know how the Italians stored the stock, but would recommend.

1. Fuck you for accusing me of being a German
2. The Leopard is a great tank regardless
3. My point was still obvious and clear, even if you replace Leopard with Leclerc or whatever the fuck.

Attached: Italian Uniforms.jpg (375x500, 41K)

Is that gattuso?

Nice one, cannoli would have worked better tho

Haha holy shit those guys in the back. Imagine running while playing a fucken trombone

Italians love knives for some reason

Attached: 155F3906-38BA-4E7B-A154-9EED0931287F.jpg (960x665, 47K)

Can confirm, am Italian and I do love knives.

The AR70/90? It's like the posterchild of "I want to be an AR, just worse". Pretty much the same thing you can say about the ARX, tho.

Amusing detail, for some insane reason the itas kinda sorta like the Russkies. Must be Mafia brotherhood.

>Amusing detail, for some insane reason the itas kinda sorta like the Russkies. Must be Mafia brotherhood.
Italy had the biggest communist party in western Europe and was always kinda close diplomatically to Russia. It acted as an intermediator between the US and Russia a couple of times

Wasn't there a guy in Iraq that got the only kill in Iraq with a knife was he Brazilian or italian. He got shot couple of times but lived they made a statue of him

The Mistral is a LOBL IR guided missile
What you see is not a cover, it is the seeker window. Although it seems opaque, it is transparent to IR in the right band (IR band II if I remember correctly)

Not really
The Cavour is way smaller.
However, it is fully functional unlike the QE that won't be for another 2 years

Where the fuck is the diversity, pastaniggers?

Attached: 9ccd8f1ac2b0e08648ce0a1c58e81564 (1).png (1280x720, 1.84M)

And a larper

>posts a pic of French SHORAD from 93rd Mountain Artillery Regiment in French Guyana
No.

that's the M2, the M3 has an optical component

I fucked your mom in the most diverse ways imaginable

At the bottom of the Mediterranean sea.

very under rated post

Attached: 1558297945877.gif (498x398, 1.34M)

Attached: 1427933903029s.jpg (250x233, 4K)

Better to have a small ship that works that a huge one without planes

Tomorrow the Trieste will be launched and will replace the Giuseppe Garibaldi

Attached: 1.jpg (2441x3000, 966K)

The army is always the first to get budget cuts every time a new government is elected, we are lucky the retarded in charge now haven't dumped the F-35 and left the carriers without airwings.

To my understanding we only have stingers. What is that.

>Now he and my aunt (mom's sister) divorced, he was a pretty odd guy

My brother (used to be a pilot on c130) said that the ones on Tornado are quite strange.
In a conversation while eating he mentioned that the guys from ghedi are strange, they stay in a bunker most of the time and are the core fanatic of the air force.
Something equivalent to the Folgore in terms of spirit.

Give me the quick rundown on them. Any recent interesting purchases? Where are they currently deployed?

I believe that Britain has the largest amount of delivered F35s.

The right governments in Italy don t make the big purchases, this is something the left wing does so that the loud mouth leftists keep their mouth well sealed.

Some minor purchases have been made the army bought an undisclosed number of Contower ( a periscopic armored tower that can be moved via container) the number is something superior to ten and it will be increased.
The Carabinieri are receiving the first 5000 d9 submachine guns, all of them will be given to the units that work oversea.

The 17° Stormo has ordered some armored dune buggys anything between 15 and 20

The program of modernization of the Ariete tank is going to take place next year's and will upgrade all 200 machine costing more than 5 million for each of them. It will be quite radical.

The successor of the AW129 is being drawn, its name is AW249 and will be a machine on the same weight category of the Apache armed with a 20mm to save some money ( I heard rumours that they originally planned to make something with the 25mm caliber used by the F35)

>The program of modernization of the Ariete tank is going to take place next year's and will upgrade all 200 machine costing more than 5 million for each of them
What is included in this? 5 million is 1/2 the cost of a new tank, and last I heard the Italian army wanted to buy Leopard 2A7s.

Cheers for the run down.

It is not know yet what are they planning to do. However with amv that will cost more than the tank itself I have expectations.
The only thing I wish for is an active protection system against ATGM if they don't include this after witnessing the massacres of mbts in Syria and Yemen then they are just crazy.
google.com/amp/s/oltrelalinea.news/2018/04/05/lesercito-ed-il-nuovo-carro-armato-ariete-ii/

In terms of big scheme of things the website of the army gives you a good idea. With a big "question mark" we still have no plan on how to replace the dardo, which does need to be replaced somehow (and we can t just rely on 250+380 freccia)

esercito.difesa.it/Rapporto-Esercito/Trasformare-lo-strumento/Pagine/Ammodernamento-e-rinnovamento.aspx

The thing that bothers me most is that nobody in the west has something to replace the good old cheap m113

How is the spending split between Army, Air Force and Navy?

It is pure schizofrenia

So the navy lately suck the leftists dick by acting as ferry boat for illegals, as result they got a candy from the leftists , an entire fleet ( a LHD, 12 frigates, something for the special forces, and other minor units)

The airforce wants the f35B that the navy is supposed to own and the army gets nothing and they pretend to be happy.

They must be adding active protection with all that money spent. It will be interesting to see what else they are adding for that cost.
I figured that the navy would be getting the good toys. It only makes sense as Italy has a massive coastline. I thought next on the pay role would be the airforce as it is so vital in every operation these days and the army last due to all the mountains running through the country.

I know you could never go to war due to American world control but which nation would you love to smack down if America wasn't around?

Attached: image.jpg (2560x1707, 524K)

>nobody in the west has something to replace the good old cheap m113
Pic related is probably the best candidate for that.

Attached: g5.jpg (680x510, 145K)

They love to backstab

They have with IFVs for the most part.

when you capture them from the sandcoons our glowniggers keep arming

Carabinieri work overseas? I thought they were mostly a police force. What do they do outside of Italy?

Minstrel manpads

Fuck that was great

that's the most pasta thing i ever saw ... in a good way

Why do Italians love knives?

no idea but I figure it's because that was about as high-speed low-drag you could get back in the day
>virgin grunts stuck in a trench shooting outdated rifles with very little ammo and low morale vs CHAD arditi rushing enemies with daggers and grenades while singing kickass marching songs

yeah he was stationed between Ghedi and Istrana
he was odd in the cooles meaning of the term, he never smiled yet at dinners he always told the most racist, hilarious jokes you could imagine without the slightest change in expression, and everyone used to laugh
he also used to attach cans on strings dangling from the branches of the trees on his garden and use them as target while shooting his carabing
he even brought me and my cousin to the range once, he made us shoot but we were just kids, so only pellet carabine for us

APS, brand new armour, autoloader, 1500 (or 1600)HP engine, you know the drill
why are we still stuck with the L/44, now that's a good question

Italian martial arts have always been rather blade-heavy, since most italian communes never enforced any kind of blade-control regimen unlike, for example, the german states. Also, since most of those martial arts were designed to be used for self-defense by city-dwellers (the italian population has always been disproportionately urban due to geography and history), so the favoured blades were generally on the shorter and easier to carry and conceal end of the spectrum. Come WWI and the italian army sought to give their trench raiders (Arditi) the best hand-to-hand training they could, so they basically used the Fiore della Battaglia manual along with Milanese cane/sabre fencing and sicilian stiletto fighting to throw together a somewhat functional close combat style that proved itself extremely useful.
Additionally, some of the Arditi were also taught Judo and Karate, since Italy and Japan have shared a weird bromance for most of their modern history, and the Army had taken the chance to send some instructors to be taught in dojos and the like after the Boxer rebellion.

Therefore, at the end of WWI, the italian army found itself with a comprehensive and battle-tested hand-to-hand combat style that for a variery of reasons was knife-heavy and decided to stick with it.

Tl;Dr
Italians have generally always been rowdy urbanites, so most of their martial arts are based on street-brawling, with an emphasis on maneuverable and unencumbering weapons i.e. staffs, knives and shortswords along with grappling rather than fuckhueg zweihanders

italian feet best feet

Attached: girl feetsss.jpg (644x482, 35K)