Best Ear Protection?

Best set of low profile cans for the range? I don't want any of those electronic headphones, too many horror stories of them failing (with multiple people I know included). My current ones put too much pressure on my head (bargain brand). I've been doing hours of research and just wondered if anyone had any input from personal experience or preference while I continue researching

Attached: ear.png (2311x2310, 741K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RN0R5AVFGOAXP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I don't want any of those electronic headphones, too many horror stories of them failing (with multiple people I know included).
shitty bait desu

How is this bait?

If it fails, it becomes normal hearing protection.

Retard.

Some faggot keeps posting these threads pretending to be retarded and believe that the electronics in electronic earpro are what keeps the sound quiet, and thus if the electronics fail he will suffer hearing damage.

And a horde of people like feed him (you)s.
Every. Damn. Time.

Well unlike you, I'd like to preserve my hearing as much as possible, as most of these electronic headphones don't have very high DB reduction due to their over-reliance on noise reduction electronically

Sounds like multiple people probably have valid concerns and you just spend too much time on this board because you're autistic

(you denial)41563431
Oh, I see. It is indeed a shitty bait thread.

Attached: 1479530243613.gif (240x160, 889K)

Fuck off autist

Sometimes I really hate you guys. Just like family.

Try these OP
amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RN0R5AVFGOAXP

does anyone under 30 get that meme?

Heres your (You), retard

Attached: 1556055453335m.jpg (718x1024, 76K)

Peltor

>How is this bait?
it isn't. electronic earpro is fucking shit.
those muffs are the only thing that works... ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Thats what Im saying. Ive read so many instances where the headphones accidentally amplify the gunshots and fucking deafen someone. I've known 3 separate people that this has happened to, and it lead me to look up stories online to see if it happened to others.There is no fucking way I'm taking that risk while some chucklefucks call me a faggot.

unless you need comms, those ClearArmor earpro is the way to go. $15 and can protect you from even a .50BMG.

I have a friend who was in Marine artillery for 4 years and he used these... his hearing didn't suffer at all.

This is complete bullshit. Please user, link a few examples for us showing electronic earmuffs AMPLIFYING gunshots. Maybe you can scrounge up a few reviews off a $15 no-name pair that support your claims, but there isn't any actual verified cases of this ever happening.

Go on Amazon and look at headphones over $50 and above that are electronic. There are numerous complaints, none of which are anywhere to be seen on traditional passive cans. Maybe YOU can scrounge up counter evidence

>Some faggot keeps posting these threads pretending to be retarded and believe that the electronics in electronic earpro are what keeps the sound quiet, and thus if the electronics fail he will suffer hearing damage.
this
the electronics is literally just a mic and a speaker on the inside of regular ear protection
There is an IC that checks the volume and if it reaches 80 something db it cuts the input for a moment until it quiets down
If the electronics fail you just have regular ear protection

How about you dont buy shitty earpro?

Attached: 30646-3M-Peltor-ComTac-XPI-Headset-fuer-taktische-Einsaetze-CTXPI02-auf-dem-Kopf-Gruen-1_600x600@2x. (1142x1200, 103K)

I just looked at the reviews on a few pairs of electronic earmuffs on amazon and could not find any examples of what you're talking about. The only complaints I found were about the muffs not blocking sound due to an improper fit. I have yet to see an example of electronic earpro amplifying gunshots, and I also fail to see how what basically amount to headphone drivers powered by a regular headphone power supply could play any noise loud enough to instantly cause permanent hearing damage. The only way you will damage your hearing with electronic earmuffs is if you turn up the volume high enough that something like conversation is deafening, and this is the exact same as the risk you have when you listen to music on full blast. Don't be retarded.

You stupid fucking nigger IT IS AMPLIFYING DANGEROUS NOISES BY ACCIDENT IF IT IS ACTIVE AND NOBODY KNOWS WHY, THE PRICE RANGE DOESN'T MATTER

OK so on the Howards Sporting Headphones with 15.5k reviews under 1% mention gunshots going through the decibel limiter. However every single one of these people imply they discovered this the first time they used them, and had they not had they kept the volume low for the first few shots, they would have discovered they had faulty headphones before they cranked it all the way up. This is an entirely avoidable situation had they tested the headphones for a few shots before diving in. And this is on a $50 pair, more expensive ones will likely have better QC.

>implying we wore earpro in afghanigstan
Weak bait, whiteoid mutt

Maybe I'm a retard but I had a pair of Howard leights and ended up returning them. I turned the volume up enough so I can hear what was going on around me. Maybe mine were defective but it did seem sometimes like it would make it louder, and sometimes it would cut off and be quiet. I took them off and used my foam plugs the rest of the day. My first experience was not good, not sure if I want to spend 100 bucks on a set of muffs that might work slightly better. I'll just stick to traditional plugs and muffs and talk louder. Pic unrelated

Attached: 1549254519403.jpg (650x810, 76K)

Jesus is this a troll thread? I've used peltors overseas and have been in way worst environments than a sanitary range. If you run out of batteries, it becomes regular earpro. You can actually hear the damn thing go out if it runs out of batteries or fails mechanically. It literally turns into normal earpro.

If you shoot indoors, you double up. If you shoot outdoors, you do not need inear and overear protection, one or the other. Typical civilians arent shooting belt fed machine guns of any class or type so no need for good earpro. You don't need the advantages of electronic earpro unless you are Mil/LEO.

Are you retarded? You do know good earpro uses a static charge it negate loud decibels of noise right? Cheap Elect-Earpro is bad because it completely negates noise when a certain decibel is reached so you can't hear anything while Peltors and Ops Core CAMS just negates that range while the lower ranges can still be somewhat audible.

What's the best earpro for an indoor range? I'll be doubling up with foamies, but I already have a slight case of the EEEEEE from my job, so I wanna play it safe. I've seen muffs on Amazon that supposedly have a 34 or 37 NRR, but I'm skeptical because anything higher than 31 usually comes from a cheap no-name brand. Wondering what you guys use

Attached: 1544761289140.png (500x667, 336K)

Just double up, indoor safe should be at 41, wear an inner earpro and an outer earpro

impact sports with upgraded gel cups, and plugs under them.

Not OP but bonus question, any headphones that wont catch long hair?

i think its supposed to be really unfunny and its main purpose is to waste your time

>shitty headphone drivers that max out at a little over 100db
>causing hearing damage over 140db gunshot
ok retard

I literally used electronic earpro an hour ago. I'm fine.

Bought a pair of Peltor bullseye 3, they have 35 SNR. I'd probably double up with foamies if I were shooting .45, but for .22 they were fine

Just got some nice Walker's and gonna double up with foamies BUT...what to do about glasses that slightly break the seal?

Because the hearing protection is from the sealed insulated ear cups which stay active regardless of electronic failure or battery loss.
The microphone on the outside feeds to the speakers on the inside of the cups, So you can adjust the volume. Additionally sounds heard by the mic higher than 80-110 are automatically muted to a lower volume
If you turned it off , it would be like wearing just regular hearing protection.

Now what MIGHT happen with cheaper units is the microphone might get feedback or squeal, or you might hear wind noises.
Again, you can adjust the max volume and although it may temporarily annoy you it wont hurt you. Buy a better quality unit and you wont have that issue.

You are indeed retarded.
The HLs are made to be able to amplify sound , meaning the volume and sensitivity can be raised a bit higher than others.
Again, YOU are in charge of how loud you want the max volume and sensitivity. If you want it low, set it low. The HLs CAN go higher. This is great for hunters wanting a hearing advantage or trying to hear quieter things at the range.

The unit will automatically lower the volume temporarily during sounds picked up by the mic higher than (90? I believe) and then return to your setting. This is done almost instantaneously. So they were doing exactly what they should have been doing. All of this is in the instruction booklet.

TLDR -
Those things are idiot proof, too bad youre an idiot

>You don't need the advantages of electronic earpro unless you are Mil/LEO.
Bullshit, being able to hear people around you is very useful, especially if you're taking some kind of class

The military is always going to be behind the private sector.
When compared apples to apples.

(I consider companies like lockheed to be private companies that bid to the military. I also consider issued uniforms and gear to what is available to the private sector.)

When these companies dont make the bid to the military they have a market they sell to in the private sector. There is a demand and a market. So somebody feels they need them user—)

Correction, sorry

Forgot to
Direct this to
(Your dumbass)

And i meant to compare uniforms . What is issued versus what is available to the civilian private sector

I mean im 28. Id say under 25

What a dumbass

Attached: DC2D7E57-5B4A-4937-A080-1810B7FC941B.jpg (307x400, 19K)

I'm also 28 and find it funny. Little cheetus gets me every time.

How to use earmuffs when shouldering a rifle?
Always gets in the way

Beats by Dr Dre

Adjust the angle to suit your cheek weld. Or go to inserts

The Howard lieghts mentioned above have a thinner profile version to help this

Attached: F38F17A3-A987-44C9-A3EF-11ED6482AD22.jpg (600x418, 94K)

Dont be this dumb as—EEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 4968FDB6-46F1-401C-B742-8CF8B6E56515.jpg (1000x651, 266K)

>I literally used electronic earpro an hour ago. I'm fine.
... until you're not and get the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE is permanent and the only cure is 9mm between the ears.

>be earpro speaker
>capable of 50db
>*hears gunshot*
>I AM NOW CAPABLE OF 210 DB

There's a higher than average amount of retard on this thread.
What the fuck is going on with half of you?

plugs + comtacs

Attached: DF5E74F5-2361-4E46-B59E-A0EC60FD393A.png (757x757, 33K)

What's the diff between comtac iiis and xpis?

Attached: 40 keks.jpg (292x257, 25K)

Noisefighters gel ear cups have a groove cut out for glasses, but may or may not be compatible with your walkers. OR, you just rest the safety glasses on top of your muffs rather than under them.

i acidently shot without ear pro a few times and dont hv the eeeeeeeee i wonder why

how do you do that?
ive had earpro fall out on range qual before because i put it back in sloppily and i just rolled with it for that mag.
i don't have any hearing damage from it but i wouldn't ever avoid wearing earpro either.

> Ive read so many instances where the headphones accidentally amplify the gunshots and fucking deafen someone
I love this meme. First of all, speakers in electronic earpro are designed to shut down if the microphones pick up a sound over a certain threshold. Second of all, even if they didn't shut down for whatever reason, those puny speakers are physically incapable of replicating, yet alone amplying something as loud as a gunshot. Which is why watching footage of guns going doesn't hurt your ears.

>accidentally amplify the gunshots and fucking deafen someone
this is hands down one of the most retarded fucking thing ive ever heard. do you go deaf when you turn your music head phones up all the way and play gunshot sounds? no. well those are the same speakers in your electronic ear protection...you absolute fucking retard.

god...old people should just die.

>You don't need the advantages of electronic earpro unless you are Mil/LEO.
>you don't need to talk to other people on the range without screaming like a retard unless you are Mil/LEO
ok

I listen to music while shooting. Go spew dumb shit somewhere else. Also thank you for your cervix

He's clearly just testing a stance, retards. The bolt is locked back.

>i acidently shot without ear pro a few times and dont hv the eeeeeeeee i wonder why
you got lucky but your hearing has suffered. you probably lost the ability to hear high frequency.

remember, hearing damage is cumulative. few more of these and you'll be deaf by the time you hit 60 (if you manage to live that long).

For indoor i do in ear range plugs + whatever passive cans. Outdoor, just ordinary foam plugs. Works fine. And cheap.

Surefire in ears and some over ears if I’m indoors or shoring my braked 10.3 ar

what won't get in the way of my glasses?

Can you recommend a good pair?

The one you have with you