Polish p83

I recently came into a p83 in pic related condition with nearly 200 rounds of ammo and a spare mag for 250. Is there any room for improvement from a trigger job? Also is there any reason I shouldn't consider refinishing it?

Attached: P83 Wanad.jpg (1024x768, 202K)

Not really much in the way for a trigger job, and no reason to refinish it. A little worn but that's okay. If you wanted a gun with a nice trigger and a great finish you're a retard for buying surplus

Nah I knew it wouldn't be fantastic. I kind of just wondered if it would be an alright starter to try my hand at such work, since it's not much of a loss if I mess it up.

Wolff sells a spring replacement kit for it. That alone can do wonders.

Combloc and to some extent all milsurp guns are designed for maximum durability/service life rather than nice shooting characteristics. Springs are a common failure point so they sometimes make them a lot beefier and stiffer than they really need to be in case the gun needs to survive WW3 and run long enough to be used in WW4.

No. Not really a good starter for that. Frankly, if a gun isn't in production anymore it's not the best idea to use it as a base for learning home gunsmithing

cool gun
PW ARMS brought in so many weird combloc pistols

Not sure I follow, as there are a ton of them in circulation and they're dirt cheap. The replacement parts seem to be inexpensive as well. Not trying to be a dick, I just don't see what there would be to worry about, other than there not being a noticeable gain for the effort/risk involved.

why the fuck would you refinish it

So I can put Gucci print Duracoat all over it to go with the fake pearl grips I have in the mail.

An enamel coat could help improve corrosion resistance, but I wouldn't reblue.

Assuming I were considering reblueing, why would you not want to do so, personally? I understand it would devalue a more sought after firearm.

"There's a ton of them and they're all cheap" has been a line repeated over and over again. One day it'll be tough to find one that hasn't been fucked with or reblued

I feel as though I should clarify that mine has some very minor pitting on the slide, as well as a little rash where it appears to have been struck against something hard and rough, say dropped on concrete.

The only reasons you shouldn't consider a trigger job/refinish are that it's milsurp and they aren't making any more. Even though it's cheap now, they might not always be. Also good choice. Idk why so many people fall for the P64 meme when the P83 is better in most ways and has a cool cyberpunk aesthetic too.

I realize this is true. I'm also getting a spare in better condition to curate properly.

I have to say, I did some research on these before recommending them to the original buyer as a cheap glovebox gun. Having shot it, it did not disappoint as far as reliability or accuracy went. If I do anything to this one, I am buying a spare.

Shoot it more. Seriously though, if you have a spare afternoon and some 1000grit, there is no handgun trigger that a good polishing can't clean up.

It was really smooth. I really appreciate this 9x18 ammo as well. My father had a Bulgarian Makarov before I purchased the p83 and both handguns have been a delight to shoot.

Califag?

Nope! Just some standard douchebag.

My old man said the same thing. Maybe I'll just go that route and if I want to practice, learn on a revolver of some sort, or find another cheap pistol.

Because P64 is sex

Attached: 1BF6CAD8-14E7-4D45-AEB4-5FBF6208FCC2.jpg (647x414, 110K)