Is Pencott the ideal woodland camo

Is Pencott the ideal woodland camo.

Attached: F6806900-A414-42C8-8472-5FAA317A48BC.jpg (1125x1541, 612K)

That's a weird looking m85

Es bueno

Attached: 1556501350931.jpg (885x899, 146K)

Greenzone is far and above one of the best in most forest environments. It lacks the AESTHETIC value of M81, though.

It's super green. Given that forests come in huge variations in color, I'd say the ideal woodland camo is MARPAT. Good in the jungle, good in the mountains, good in all seasons.

Attached: 1242709075.jpg (1339x747, 383K)

It ain't even THAT green. Multimeme tropic, Green dominant ERDL etc is much greener.
Pencott is just about the right amount. You just think its too green since it lacks one of the biggest faults of M81 and other classic woodland camos: The unrealistic high amount of black. There aint no real black in nature; even shadows are not black.

Attached: c6f27cb1f31a5a9e91aaa790c093860d.jpg (902x600, 200K)

As much as I hate to admit it, MARPAT is surprisingly effective in these terrain backdrops. I personally prefer multi-cam or scorpion but MARPAT is amazingly.

What a weird way of saying "ATACS FG"

Are his pants even MARPAT? Compare them to jacket and helmet cover. Somehow looks like he's wearing NWU III pants.
Well... could also be my decade old screen tho

>"ATACS FG"
>the ideal woodland camo

Attached: 3fe.png (600x536, 301K)

>implying it's not

Nah, it's all Marpat.

Step aside you plebs, master of woods coming through
ATACS FG is airsoft tier

Attached: [email protected] (1500x1000, 573K)

Check the parts lit up by sun. The tan of his pants seems much greener than the one of his jacket and helmet

ATACS FG being popular among airshitters does not make it any worse.

The pattern runs the wrong direction to be NWU. The pants do not look like a different color to me at all.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (799x599, 237K)

FG looks good up close but at a distance the pattern disappears and it just looks like a solid color. Does nothing to break up your silhouette.

This is literally wrong.

Using literally does literally not make your argument stronger.
Also is right. FG is a weak camo. Although I really like the look

It’s marpat, but the brown’s a bit washed out by the lighting, making it look greener. I’m actually pretty sure that’s how it’s supposed to function in a forest where most of the light is filtered through leaves.

MARPAT washes out pretty fast. The trousers are probably a different age to his UBACs and helmet cover.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Looking at pencott feels like I'm about to get a migraine. I've always thought it was an underrated camo, but I base that off of nothing. I actually have no idea if it performs well.

What the hell is that supposed to be on the right? It looks like some fake washed out made-in-china marpat rip off. But yeah, green NWU has a mostly vertical orientation, that's always dead give away.

Attached: pencott-sample-2[1].jpg (1109x946, 525K)

>Don't sweat the small stuff
I feel like sweating the small stuff is 90% of a Marine SNCO's job.

Its pretty good imo, only really works in proper lucious forests though

Attached: UFPRO-Sitting-Rocks-1030x641.jpg (1030x641, 247K)

Pencott is phenomenal. However, bang for your buck, it's not THAT much better than say.. marpat of Multicam tropic. It IS better.. but not worth double the price.

I dont know maaan, multicam tropics kinda nice

Attached: multimeme tropic.jpg (1280x720, 225K)

>Operator editor
my negro

How does Coyote Brown compare to other solid earth colors like OD Green?

In my varied Africa-like environment, I encounter savanna brushlands, vast tall grasslands, heavy lush jungles, sandy deserts, rocky mountain crags, evergreen highlands, and all those environments have the color brown as a base.

No matter what environment I am in, I always have the color brown as my immediate ground-level backdrop. Tree trunks are brown, dirt is brown, sand is brown, rocks have brown dirt, etc.

If I need any green, the vegetation is almost always thick enough to obscure myself behind entirely, such as the jungle, where OD Green would be the traditional choice. In areas with short green shrub and grass, brown is still a natural enough color to blend in, especially from a distance. If I wear OD green in areas with zero vegetation like the dunes or drought-struck grasslands, I stick out like a sore thumb, but not if I'm wearing brown.

If OD green is the ideal solid color, how come Darwin made burr, durr, capybaras, beavers, rabbits, rodents, and most ground-dwelling wildlife brown? You don't see any green deer moseying around.

Plus, if you're trying to 'grey-man' in a human-inhabited area, a brown palette will make you seem more "outdoorsy outdoorsman" instead of "military milfag larper" when wearing green.

I am slowly getting attracted towards Coyote Brown as an alternative general-purpose color in my tropical environment instead of OD Green. Talk me out of it Jow Forums.

Attached: yote brown.jpg (500x500, 22K)

Where I live in the Northeast Deer hunting is a big thing. Pretty much "if it's Brown, it's Down"...

Nothing to talk you out of, you're pretty spot on with all of your points, especially the one about being grey man.

Also I have no idea why there aren't more brown dominant camouflages like soldier 2000

Attached: 1hxzth.jpg (639x426, 112K)

Love tropic as well. It depends on the kind of forest though, one with tons of low vegetation thats green everywhere like that is perfect.

spics use US4CES

All of that is why the Marine Corps chose it for their gear. Professionals seem to agree. Pic related.

Attached: IMG_0410.png (1179x1540, 450K)

What camo is in your picture?

Dubs of truth. Honorable mention to ATACS IX

Coyote is too light for most terrains, so is flat dark earth both create too much contrast in natural environments and does not break-up the outline at all, chocolate brown is a better choice but not my GT color

camo is trash and looks goofy and gay. im glad we'll keep using plain olive uniform.

Attached: bet-3.jpg (1038x615, 110K)

>implying (you) is jew

Pencott greenzone

*M81

Attached: nice.jpg (500x509, 77K)

>Coyote is too light for most terrains
Not according to Natick and SSC testing. It's Tan 498 is on the dark side of the absolute average color value.

Attached: tan 499-498.jpg (900x600, 462K)

I always wanted some pencott greenzone pants, even if they aren't practical for my region. They're so green.

Attached: greenzone.jpg (385x385, 20K)

i would claim its the danish m84 camo

Attached: m84.jpg (736x489, 115K)

coyote brown pants
ranger green shirt/jacket

maybe a reversible poncho in multimeme or something for larping innawoods

That sure is a weird way to spell MAPA

Attached: oryg420963.jpg (1500x1093, 398K)

OD green looks really bad when its clean, but if you are covered in mud OD green looks like coyote behind a bush. Coyote/general brown clothing and OD pouches and what not isn't a bad combination for solid color stuff.

>Marines had to patent the camo and put EGAs in the pattern
We could've moved from M81/DCU to a new DoD-wide two-colorway digital pattern but instead the Marines needed to be special and start the camouflage wars.

OCPs are pretty alright, but I wish we'd adopted them off the bat instead of fucking with UCP for a decade.