Knifefags are fucking cancer...

Knifefags are fucking cancer. Arguing over different brands of knives is the single most autistic thing I’ve seen on this board. $5 Walmart knives perform just as well as Gucci $300 bullshit knives. It’s literally just a simple tool, a wedge made out of hardened steel

Attached: BDB8164C-8ABA-4F01-8939-6B30303ACF1E.jpg (450x450, 15K)

You are now aware that this board is full of pedantic elitists who need to justify the money they spent on a tool by insulting others choice in tool.

its even more funnyerer because most of them are chink shit.

Expanding on this, take Taurus a brand that has had problems with a few models but has had many models without problems. The autists here can't fathom why someone would use a gun from a brand they deem fit for the junk pile when in reality your experience may dictate that a certain model is just fine and does what you need. I guess it's the same with everything though so just move beyond the autists and live your life, I know I'm blessed with a beautiful loving wife, 2 wonderful kids, and I carry a Taurus gun and a 30$ buck knife.

I actually considered getting a cuckmade 940 knife before their whole anti-gun shitshow. Now I'll just stick to any cheap knife
That's the point of the internet

>That's the point of the internet
Or you know, the sharing of information and discovering new things.

That's just an additional feature

Lel, thanks bud

Butthurt poorfag detected

>Gunfags are fucking cancer. Arguing over different brands of guns is the single most autistic thing I've seen on this board. $5 Eoka Pistols perform just as well as Gucci $300 bullshit guns. It's literally just a simple tool, a firing mechanism made of hardened steel

Attached: EOKApistol.png (1656x840, 873K)

This is drastically blown out of proportion like comparing a stone knife to carbon steel. Something more like a Glock to an H&gay is more in line with the spirit of the thread.

non american detected

Kek but seriously the argument doesn’t hold up for guns. Guns are complicated 30+ parts all have to work perfectly to function correctly. Some guns are quantifiably better than others. Knives are just wedges kek

$5 Walmart knives have shitty steel and poor build quality.

$300 Gucci knives are way past the point of diminishing returns, but there's still a world of difference between a $5 knife and a $100 knife.

some wedges are harder than other wedges. depending on what you are doing with it that may be a good thing or a very bad thing.

the same applies to the size of the wedge, what material it is made from, and so on.

this

Gunfags are fucking cancer. Arguing over different brands of guns is the single most autistic thing I’ve seen on this board. $100 Hipoint guns perform just as well as HK $1300 bullshit guns. It’s literally just a simple tool, a firearm made out of polymers and metal

Butthurt knife autismos detected

lmao noguns butthurt

Arguing about knives is gay but I agree that those Walmart pocket knifes from the camping section (assuming that’s what op is talking about) are actually absolute garbage, they aren’t even good “in a pinch” like most things are

I’ve got one that I keep in my Jeep. Haven’t had any problems with it yet

>hardened steel
That hardening is important though, and the reason Chinese knives get shit on so hard is because they often fuck it up. Of course past a certain point you're paying for the name and bells & whistles but under a certain point, which really isn't particularly high, you're just going to get junk.

LMAO I can't believe I triggered you so hard you brought it to another thread.

Why buy a Farrari when a civic will get you around? Nobody is making you spend money user, but I'll do as I please with mine.

I’ve had a few and they all broke if I did anything more than slice cardboard with them

>triggered
Lol silly nigger, it's a good allegory. Taurus is the walmart knife, H&K is the Benchmark.

>triggered
Yup, that's the word. FWIW as little regard as I have for Taurus I wouldn't stick them in the $5 knife tier, that's ring of fire territory.

Finally someone fucking said it knives are useful and all but there's no reason to really drop over a hundred dollars on a knife especially since you're gonna be at high risk of losing it

Over $50 they stop being tools and jewelry for fat losers in cargo shorts

The cheapest and most expensive tiers of basically any consumer good are usually bad deals.

Bro dont compare Buck to Taurus.

Why not? They're both tools with a low cost compared to their competition yet higher quality and cost than the bottom of the barrel.

Kershaw and Buck are just as a good as a benchmade

Attached: 1544409670883.gif (300x252, 2.79M)

You could have said $20 rat 2 but instead you said $5 Walmart knife which entirely cucked your thread.

Based and true. my buck 120 is awesome for breasting and the kershaw is an ever reliable food can opener/ paint can opener

Attached: knives.jpg.jpg (1920x1080, 958K)

>not forging a knife out of a fuckload of 950 year old arrow heads from 1066
wew lad. wtf is wrong with you?

Its all about steel, but the steel differences can be nuanced and overblown.

I agree expensive knives are just not worth it. But I dont think 5 dollars is the sweet spot. It is probably poor quality steel.

Congrats OP, you have discovered that most consumer goods will reach a point of drastically diminishing returns vs. money spent.
Knives, ARs, suits, shoes, cameras, watches, sunglasses, cars, video cards, etc. are all priced like this pic if the x axis is money spent, and the y axis is quality.
Like the other guy said, this would have been better bait if you said an Ontario RAT is as good as a Gucci knife, since there actually is a pretty big difference in quality between gas station knives and Gucci knives.

Attached: consumer goods.png (701x701, 6K)

is OP really retarded enough to not know there is quality control for what the wedge is made out of

Kershaws are pretty much equivalent to and sometimes better than zero tolerance