Help me choose

I'm in the market for a smaller carry piece. Currently I have an HK P30sk and while I do like it, I'd also like something a little smaller and lighter for summer.

I went to the range a tried a variety of guns out and these two ended up pretty much tired for my top spot. Anyone have experience with them inn terms of something I wouldn't see until later down the road?

Attached: Sig-P365-VS-Glock-43-1.jpg (800x583, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O1umkX3wM58
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In terms of actual shooting, I would probably give the edge to the G43. Having said that, I'm not a fan of the low capacity. But then it is about $100 cheaper and the mags are going to be significantly cheaper as well.

I love my Glock 42. It's ever so slightly smaller than the 42 and much more enjoyable to shoot. Would recommend trying one if you haven't already.

Attached: 20190226_190038.jpg (4032x1960, 2.26M)

Than the 43*

I can certainly take a look at the 42, though I was hoping to keep it at 9mm since I have a ton of it and no .380

P365 is better than the 43 in every way.
Unless you're poor that is. At the end of the day choose which fits best in your mitt.

You know they're the same price right?

My summer gun-the two tone 43x looked too shitty

Attached: 1C1420CE-5615-45E9-9C6C-E58EE3AEBD18.jpg (4032x3024, 2.58M)

You can usually find the 43 way cheaper. Mags are also cheaper.

It’s not tho

Attached: 3D8DA289-AAC4-4112-8050-7F88C08C3508.gif (480x270, 2.03M)

P365 holds 6 more rounds (with 12 round mag) than the G43, while still remaining smaller than the Glock. Theres also a 15 round mag coming out next month for the P365. The P365 already comes with SIG Xray Nightsights, the Glock comes with stinky glock sights. Just rent both at a gunrange and go with the P365 anyways because its better and the same exact price as the Glock ;:^y

The P365. It's going to be much more comfortable to carry.

I prefer the 43, having shot my bosses' P365 to compare. The shooting just feels better? Plus I have very wide hands and I hate short grip guns, I added strike industries grip extensions to my 43 mags to make it more reasonable to hold and shoot (This is before the 43X and 48 came out).
>Inb4 muh cc size
I carry outside waistband with a large heavy work shirt that covers it up 95% of the time. If that's not enough or I'm going somewhere with 30.06/30.07 signs I can still easily fit it into my front pocket and no one knows.

>I'd also like something a little smaller and lighter for summer.

Attached: S&W 642.jpg (640x675, 93K)

Get outta here, Boomer

youtube.com/watch?v=O1umkX3wM58

Attached: Ruger LCR a.jpg (3000x2000, 906K)

Honestly I was hyped for the P365 when it was announced but the firing pin breaking is bullshit. To this day I don’t think they have fixed this and more than likely it won’t get fixed.

Did they ever fix all the problems with the P365 or is it still a Jimenez-tier piece of unreliable dogshit?

Any P365 with XRay Nightsights is the post-recall version. So yes, it is fixed and has been fixed since March 2017.

I actually shot both of these guns side by side, so let me do a short writeup of what I gathered from it

SIG:
-better sights
-better capacity
-felt kind of blocky (I like my grips to be wider front-back than they are thick)
-tons of snap
-mags suck to load (hard, feed lips are sharp

Glock:
-worse sights (not terrible)
-worse capacity
-felt better to me, seemed like it would conceal better
-more pleasant to shoot
-little baby mags that'd probably sit flat ok in a pocket and were otherwise normal

Both were accurate and their triggers were a-ok. If I was going for a small 9mm, I'd get a Shield over either

g43
>jammy with hollow points look it up
>low capacity
>overpriced
>shit trigger
p365
>used to have issues
>issues were fixed
>better trigger
>lower recoil
>wayyyyyy better sights
>not jammy
>also overpriced

there. get the p365.

OP here. Going to throw a slight curve out there. Does anyone have experience with the Kimber Micro 9? I want able to shoot one at the range when I tried out the other ones.

*wasn't able to

Attached: Kimberashit.jpg (3000x1989, 695K)

I really don't like the look of the base LCR but that laser really completes the look for me. Should be standard although I can see why some people would prefer the gun without it.

I have the Kimber in 380. I also have a shield, p356 and a g43. I carry the 365 because it conceals well, and I like the extra capacity. I think the only reason to go with the Kimber is because you prefer SAO and dig it's looks.

>SAO
Specifically 1911 style guns. I suppose those other guns are single action as well.

Dayum. Never mind then.

How does the shield compare to the glock and sig in terms of carry and shooting? I need to find a place that will have one to rent.

Sig 365

The Shield shoots better when you're using the longer magazine. It really is a great gun. The p365 carries better to the point of where I've had short panic moments thinking It had fallen out of the holster. Which is kydex and ridiculous but it illustrates how unobtrusive it is.

How difficult is the 365 to break down?
Also which holster brand? Is it itwb?

>all old pictures from the 1990s and 2000s
Yeah but what is wrong with them today?