What do you think about the ar-180 upper brownells is selling...

what do you think about the ar-180 upper brownells is selling? gay frankenstein gun or the modernizationthe ar-18 needed?

Attached: shot44.jpg (770x431, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

huntinggearguy.com/rifle-reviews/wolverine-supplies-wk180-c-review/
brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/upper-receivers/brn-180s-ar-15-complete-upper-receiver-assembly-prod127762.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

does it go on an AR-15 lower? if so.....is it really an "ar-18" ? whats the difference between this and any other piston upper? it doesn't even look like an ar-18....

It uses the AR-18's bolt and buffer system, so no buffer tube. Folding stock ARs are the future.

Yes it goes on an AR-15 lower, it's 90% of an AR-18 in that it uses a nearly exact copy of the AR-18 operating system (they just shortened a few of the components to get them to fit into an AR-15 sized upper), the BCG doesn't extend into the buffer tube like most piston uppers so you can use a folding stock.

huntinggearguy.com/rifle-reviews/wolverine-supplies-wk180-c-review/

Why are they the future?

It'd be cool if they could make them in different calibers. That'd sure piss on Mark Serbu.

It's cringe and bluepilled until they make a retro version

Attached: 66kandu.png (600x600, 382K)

Overpriced.

Because user doesn't have any guns that have folding stocks. People who do know it's not that big a deal.

This. Muh little Armalite isn't covered in RAILZ RAILZ RAILZ RAILZ OMG RAILZ.

Attached: 329280_02_armalite_ar_180b_ar180_640.jpg (640x427, 42K)

Except instead of the retro version being an AR18, they make this. Pls Brownell's-senpai, I'll buy 20.

Attached: lr300.jpg (600x301, 16K)

I promise that if I win the lottery, that I will open a factory making niche Jow Forums as fuck guns, forged trunnions, and parts kits. both altruistically, for the benefit of everyone, and at a massive loss as my own personal tax shelter.

>I promise that if I win the lottery, that I will open a factory making niche Jow Forums as fuck guns, forged trunnions, and parts kits. both altruistically, for the benefit of everyone, and at a massive loss as my own personal tax shelter.
Do it Florida, namely, the west side of Orange County. We need the jobs and I know a few people who'd gladly work on that kind of stuff.

I like my foldng stocks. they make it easier to pack up.

can you still buy those?

that was where I would open it. I want to move back. I had so much fun in orlando back in the early 00's. shit was wild. do they still have all those pirate radio stations?

Nope.

>that was where I would open it. I want to move back. I had so much fun in orlando back in the early 00's. shit was wild. do they still have all those pirate radio stations?
No idea, I wasn't clued into that scene back then and didn't live here full time (I lived in Jacksonville and came down to visit relatives a lot though).

On a somewhat related note what do people think of the wolf t91 upper? Does anyone have one?

Attached: 53828628-4592-4DBE-B64B-D3C0C4A43EC1.jpg (458x247, 169K)

It’s frankengay. Considering all the effort they’re putting into their other retro stuff, especially the BRN-10, I don’t know why they half-assed this one.

Is it accurate or does it suppress realllllllly well? If not better than basic bitch AR, then it is maymay.

Thank you fren

Is it exported to the US?

I'm going to name the type-89 clone FREN

*until they make a 10" version

brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/upper-receivers/brn-180s-ar-15-complete-upper-receiver-assembly-prod127762.aspx
can use same braces as sig mcx I think

I just want the 16" barrel with the shorter handguard. Full handguard is the big gay outside of 3-gun

Brownell's products aren't good.

fuckin' nice

It probably has way less gas blowby suppressed than a DI upper, for obvious reasons.

more compact and able to travel saving space and being economical.

AR-18 no, AR-15 yes. had I had the dollar when I bought my first AR part I would have spent it on this as it meets everything I would want in an AR.

the only think I would like now is a simple .22 LR conversion and a simple 9mm conversion.

my favorite parings are .9mm/.223, (9mm/.357)/(.30-30 or .357), (.22/.22WMR)/.22, and 12Ga paired with even more ammo.

so having this exact set up meets all the requirements I have for the Urban Jow Forumsommando malitia-man.

5.56 Nato is required as in the even of "activation," I want to be cross comparable with US Federal and State military. both for the purpose of supporting them and them supporting me as a militia, bullets are cheap. the 9mm for the same reason.

the .30-30 meets survival needs as does the .357.

the 12ga meets all general needs.

the .22/.22WMR is for plunking and reserve.

so the AR-180 fits this by being
>piston driven, which reduces wear and cleaning
>compact, which improves economy
>retains modularity, which provides reproducibility, low cost turn over for aftermarket parts, and simplisticity
>ergonomic (side charge) which improves redundancy
>intuitive design which reduces (.223 wylde,side charge,general mechanism) which prevents user caused malfunction.

Honestly, I had thought of this as somewhat of an idiocy, but in this context it's actually brilliant. You get the general manual of arms and modularity everyone knows off an AR-15, but without the downsides in unique ergos (Charging handle) and occasional reliability issues. In some ways, it's actually the perfection of a design.

Attached: 1528836753950 (1).jpg (615x409, 54K)

>and them supporting me as a militia
Ho ho ho

Attached: 1554148996814.jpg (1487x1146, 147K)

>namely, the west side of Orange County
How does Clermont sound?

>which reduces wear and cleaning
No it doesn't.
>compact, which improves economy
This is like an office slideshow. What do you even mean by that, retard?
>ergonomic (side charge) which improves redundancy
If you're left handed.
>intuitive design which reduces (.223 wylde,side charge,general mechanism) which prevents user caused malfunction.
You're malfunctioning now.
>retains modularity
Only in the lower

I've got one, its pretty okay. No problems, nothing really all that special to be honest.

I've been considering one. I'd like to toss it on palmettos ak lower with a new barrel and see how it does.

looks like you need some rails on that sucker, friend

There's no need to be a dick. He wasn't as articulate as he could have been, but his point is clear: the AR-18 is a more modern, and arguably superior design. It was made by the same team to address perceived shortcomings of the m16, right as it started going out the door. Like the buffer tube and the dumb fucking charging handle shit they made them change it to.

>palmettos ak lower
it's a 5.56

My bro got one. The side charging handle is kind of fun. Once the folding stock parts come in I'm gonna put it together and shoot it. I'm not expecting magic or anything.

Yup. I know, that's why I said change the barrel. Not sure what the gas system would do, so it might need tweaking. But the bolt looks like a modified normal AR bolt, so it should take some different bolt head easily enough. I just really like the idea of an actually updated AK design. The akb-15 is taking too fucking long, and the mountain jews are overcharging for their 556xi.

>AR-18 is a more modern, and arguably superior design. It was made by the same team to address perceived shortcomings of the m16
It was made to be a cheap gun for countries that couldn't afford real guns. It is intentionally a LESS modern gun than the AR15, despite coming later.
>Like the buffer tube
Is excellent and is what makes the AR15 shoot so well compared to every other 5.56 rifle. Folding stocks are a meme. I know, I have guns that do it. ARs are better.
>and the dumb fucking charging handle shit
AR charging handle is also one of its best features. Its design keeps the rifle sealed, preventing any debris from entering. It is also naturally accessible by either hand. Other charging handles can't even compete. The top charging handle is a shit idea, because optics.

Well there it is, everyone. The AR15 is an absolutely perfect design. Guess we pack it in for the next 200 years, nothing can beat it. This user says so.

Attached: 1558524787174.gif (200x164, 1.28M)

>The AR15 is an absolutely perfect design.
No one said that, but he's right in what he did say. There is a reason it's so prolific right now.

>The AR15 is an absolutely perfect design
Guess we pack it in for the next 200 years, nothing can beat it.
It isn't the best gun ever made. I'm sure we'll see better eventually. On planet earth in 2019, it is the best 5.56 rifle money can buy however. Even if it wasn't upon release, now that everyone makes parts for it, it has been perfected. If you buy almost any other gun, you get that gun. Maybe a few modifications or alternative parts are available. If you buy say, a SCAR. You have a SCAR. There are few modifications possible, but most of that gun is going to be FN. Competition breeds innovation, and with other rifles it is primarily one company's complete rifle vs the other company's complete rifle.

With an AR, there are a dozen companies actively producing the entire gun for military contracts, multitudes more producing it for the civilian market, and even more making aftermarket parts for it, all innovating and cumulatively improving a single design. From the smallest pins and springs up to the complete gun, there are hundreds of companies making AR parts. And that's what makes the AR so good. One gun, produced by one company, simply can't compete with a gun produced by hundreds performing constant R&D squeezing out tiny bits of performance from every single component in order to beat out their competition.

You do realize the scar is basically the child of the AR18? Same goes to the AUG and some other guns I can't think of right now.

What does that have to do with what is written in that post?

>AUG
definitely
>SCAR
If you want to pretend any piston gun with a bolt that has lotsolugs is an AR18, then sure whatever man. But not really.

But other than that I have to second the other guy. What does that have to do with anything? All it indicates is Euro companies can't accept that Stoner's quasi-DI action is the best take a bolt vaguely like the ARs and slap it in a piston gun.

That's Lake County (IIRC), but it's doable if it's on the side facing Ocoee/Apopka.

>folding stocks are a meme, which is why gunmakers stopped incorporating them in their designs after the AR-15 showed everyone the Way and the Light

2500 DOLLARS I KNOW WHAT THE FUCK I GOT

Attached: 20190515_213928.jpg (4128x3096, 2.71M)

Fellow Orlando guy here. Is there any place to not get assfucked for ffl transfer? Everyone wants 25$ per lower. Its fucking gay.

Take the 80 pill, my man

Attached: 03647FDD-E441-4348-B507-4F62CC02DF16.jpg (3024x3024, 1.21M)

How hard is it to actually kill out the 80s? I'm becoming more and more interested but I live in an apartment.

Depends on how patient you are. Extremely cost ineffective if you only have a screwdriver to your name. If you're patient you can finish one with just a hand drill but it will look like ass.

>Fellow Orlando guy here. Is there any place to not get assfucked for ffl transfer? Everyone wants 25$ per lower. Its fucking gay.
IIRC, there's a guy on West Colonial that does it for $20, but it's a pain in the ass to get there, even for me, a guy who lives on that side of town.

why

It's a good tiptoe into the retro market outside of ARs. If it's a success, the market will probably expand.

>all those rails
Swing and a miss

get a full-fun lower and you'll have my dream gun

just get a machine that costs as much as a car and it's ez

Attached: IMG_1483.jpg (2048x1536, 842K)

There was some ruling on using other people's gear to finish 80%'s wasn't there? Renting a drill press for an hour can't be expensive though.

Yep, just like pistons. Or bullpups. They can't compete directly with the AR, so they try to sell the guns on minor quality of life features rather than performance.

It sucks. I use to get free transfers from eoss.... but you know

basically you can pay someone to use his machine but you can't pay him to do it for you. at least I think that's how it works.

There was something about 80% finishing "parties" where people would do it all together on one machine that got flagged. I didn't do any research on it today but I think the ruling was extra special retarded.

Flood coolant seems a little excessive on 7075