Tell me about him, Jow Forums. Tell me about John Moses Browning

Tell me about him, Jow Forums. Tell me about John Moses Browning.

Attached: jmbrown[1].png (319x460, 258K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=46PXaJxzuDE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

we dont speak of such mysteries in daylight user

He wore magic underwear and had 10 wives and raped each of his 30 daughters

Now THAT is uncucked.

Attached: merry_pipe1.jpg (397x397, 36K)

He basically invented the modern pistol.

Attached: 220px-LA2-Blitz-0150_Browning-Selbstladepistole.jpg (220x161, 10K)

Greatest gunsmith there ever was.

the man was the one who gave us long recoil, short recoil, the first pocket pistol, the first good semi auto rifle, created the concept of semi auto shotguns, the first maker of a good pump action shotgun,the first maker o, the ak selector lever concept, first implementation of the concept of gas operation, hell, he was the one who made the M2 a thing along with .50 bmg.

I can't help but enjoy His designs

He engineered the BAR in less than one year, to production in less than 1 year. Very impressive, especially given the lack of computer aided design.
Don’t let boomers go on about muh r and dee when this man designed complex guns in less than a year and got them to the production line in less than a year too.
Suppressors
Any guns
R&d is nothing and they’re just greedy klkes. Even glass too.

Attached: CA914573-FEFA-4204-B7CC-F2AB151A0C86.jpg (533x1195, 240K)

t. "I've never worked in engineering"

He invented the locked breech and designed the best guns in the world including the 1911, hi-power, and M2

And many of the classic Winchester designs

Attached: 60D19E1E-47CF-4DDD-A83F-3ED028F12B52.jpg (620x330, 26K)

Mormon. Patented mechanisms not guns.

No one who designed this spring can be considered a genius.

Attached: 1911 spring.jpg (400x400, 23K)

1911s have the best triggers tho...

I fucking hate this thing.

He made the sexiest rifle ever

Attached: 9961EDDF-09F1-4AC1-94E0-C6C8ADE2EF30.jpg (835x469, 48K)

>Tell me about him, Jow Forums. Tell me about John Moses Browning.
He was what every Jow Forumsommando aspiring gun designer wishes to be. Invented so many firearms related technologies and associated weapons that, afterwards, there wasn't much left to invent, only to improve upon. The guy was so devoted to his profession/hobby/calling that he died designing guns. One would be wrong to call him the Einstein of firearms design, it was Einstein that was the John Moses Browning of theoretical physics.

He died doing what he loved. we should all hope to be so lucky

He is John Moses Browning, God's gift to firearms.

The real gun Jesus, fag boy Ian can’t compete.

>Mormon

he designed the guns from sheet metal and wood and sent them over to the company and they went off to designing manufacturing off that. just Imagine being the guy who runs the mailroom and doesn't know about the man
>Be mailroom worker
>see BIIIIIG package in the mail.
>get it inside
>it's heavy as shit, and it's addressed from the middle of Birdfuck nowhere, also known as Ogden Utah, and the second I take it inside The engineering and legal gremlins sprint up to me and have me give it to them
>what.jpg
>they explain what it is to me, but Im still confused
Help me, Jow Forums, this guy keeps sending us mail and I don't know if it will stop.

Jesus had nothing to do with the mormons

True. Mormons are Neo-Gnostic Arians with a few other heresies thrown in.

Attached: Djtj-7_X0AAHBZU.jpg (464x447, 14K)

It's all silly jew fanfiction anyway.

Jow Forums‘s lord and savior

youtube.com/watch?v=46PXaJxzuDE

That was great. Thank you, user.

Winchester asked him for a low-cost rifle to corner the boys' rifle market. So he came up with two. The bottom one is already admirably simple, and became the Winchester 1900/1902/1904/58/59/60/67/68 series.

The top one, though, is literally the simplest rifle possible, with one spring and one moving part. Or as illustrated in Fig. 6, optionally one spring and two moving parts, if finger-nail extraction is too much simplification for you.
Sadly, this never saw production. Winchester bought the patent so he couldn't sell it to anyone else, but had no plan to put it into production.

Attached: browning_simple_rifle_patents.png (4640x6816, 448K)

if you cant put your 1911 together you have the problem

He was a brilliant engineer, a fantastic designer of almost all modern firearm functionality. That being said, and not to blame him, his longarm designs are a bit of a nightmare to maintain. They're great to shoot, and they were designed in a masterful way to be reliable and function in a very compact package, but not very good for maintenance.

Still, he paved the road for many, many forwards designers to go forward with

One of the baddest motherfuckers to ever walk the Earth.

Why doesn't he get as much love?

Attached: stoner.jpg (242x302, 34K)

He only did a couple of things. Browning did like half of everything.

Ah, Smith Stoner, the famous maker of the Colt and Ruger AR-47. His co-worker at Winchester, Dan Wesson Remmingberg help him design the long stroke piston of the Glock 45mm.

He is a lesser known tale of the gun industry, but maybe in the years to come he'll get his recognition.

>dat fucking single piece breechloader
fucking beautiful

>tfw there has never been a better trigger than the 1911