First ar:

Hi Jow Forums,Planning on getting my first ar soon and am currently debating between the BCM m4 mod 0 or the colt LE 6920.Same price point for both.Any suggestions?
Im currently leaning towards BCM since ive heard colts been having QC troubles lately.

pic related.

Attached: BCM m4 .png (225x225, 16K)

Mp sport II
Really a WASR-10 tho

Attached: 1557164567507.jpg (3072x1728, 2.2M)

Both of those are tarded unless you own an underbarrel launcher that necessitates the m203 cuts, and for a 14.5-16" barrel midlength gas is the way to go. That said, I'd take BCM over Colt 8 days a week.

Yeah, I've heard all sorts of QC issues with the prancing pony, to give a short summary for you, new AR owner:
* firing pin installed upside down instead of rightside up, had to spin it around so it was oriented properly
* gas rings aligned in celestial alignment (i.e. all gaps lined up, VERY DANGEROUS, can cause death)
* Pony rollmark looks funny or imprinting of letters is off, sometimes looking like COLI or COIT, pony has one too many legs, etc

Essential to keep this option open after the NFA is repealed in 2020.

this
Colt has traded hands about 6 times in the past week, them once having past military contracts means nothing. BCM is best.

Colts are fine.
>firing pin installed upside down
literally not possible, what the fuck are you talking about?
>gas rings aligned in celestial alignment
are you high?
>Pony rollmark looks funny
this has always been a thing

Colt shill detected. Maybe you think you're lucky because you got one of the infamous six legged ponies, but I see through that BS.

my colt pony has a huge horsecock.

Obviously I am trolling. I hear all sorts of FUD about just about any AR brand. Colt is a favorite target because it's fucking Colt and they are about a step removed from HK in terms of not giving a fuck about the civilian market (or making new products to appeal to that market). The 'Expanse' was a fucking mistake and they were never going to win at a race to the bottom, but they also never gave a fuck about 'keeping up' with the custom pimped AR scene that popped up post 2004.
You will find boomers deathgripping their Sporters like they are a vintage Mustang.

Alternatively, should I just stop being a poorfag and save up for a better rifle? I'm mainly just looking for a good,durable and reliable base to build off of over time.

BCM is way better than Colt.

Attached: colt a shit.png (1219x864, 1.38M)

just get a PSA premium kit. Cheaper and "Just As Good"

I demand pictures

What about the Ruger AR-556?

I know a lot of people don't like the company itself because of shitty boomer Fudd Bill Ruger's infamously bad takes but all reviews say it's a quality build.

Buy upper and lower separately. Cheaper. Aero lowers are great and affordable.

And I’ll sell you my BCM 14.5 socom carbine upper for $400 lmao.

Build your own lower from a PSA parts kit. I guarantee you'll change out the furniture an trigger anyway. Pick up a lower from your local gun shop. Then select a completed upper from any quality manufacturer with the configuration you want.

I did that for my first AR. Building the lower was easy. The only tools you need are Allen keys, a hammer, a roll pin punch set ($12 on amazon), and maybe a castle nut wrench if you care (it probably doesnt matter). Staking your castle nut is for fags.

Same here, i was looking for the standard model but the MPR looks well made than a magpul stock

I have one and it eats everything. I replaced the handguard with a magpoo, but other than that it’s stock.
Yes it’s overgassed and the trigger is a bit heavy, but you can’t best the price. Also the ruger hate is in the past, they’re a good company now.

You can enable full retard on the BCM because of the low shelf and M16 BCG profile, all those other brands neuter their product and ship them with out of spec hardware

Attached: 1545055875929.jpg (723x514, 100K)

Cool and good, Mr. ATF!

Do you know what a firing pin looks like?

No reason to use an M4 barrel profile. BCM is good but they have better offerings. Go either with a SOCOM barrel or the C8 SFW if you want a carbine gas, or a pencil barrel if you want to be gay.

I have a Colt LE 6920 and i love it.