Low cost quality builds

I just wanted to share my project mid size rifle, I was originally shooting for an M4 clone (inb4), as finances tightened my build took on a different meaning and a new direct, so Jow Forums what is you favorite project firearm and why?

Attached: 20190525_025449.jpg (4032x3024, 2.92M)

yikes

what the fuck dude. This is a blue board. Take your gore thread to /b/.

>Low cost
>quality builds
Pick one.

Thats the spirit, share your project guns and such. That was the point of starting thrread.

How's the Burris set up? I was debating between one of those or the primary arms 3x acss ones. Also, why the brace on a rifle? Just what you had on hand?

>BCM lower
>Faxon 14.5 gov/soco profile barrel
>Admittedly the handguard is cheap
>upper by some company I do not remember
>AAC 3 tine flash hider
>SB tac brace
>blue force gear sling
>Cheap 45 buis - admittedly
>Burris 3x Prism w/ fast 3 RDS
I know these aren't gold standard parts, but jesus christ it's not like I threw all the cheapest shit out there together. I though all of these manf. were reputable for quality

Ordering a PSA 10.5 pistol kit tomorrow. Plan to make a budget mk18 clone

It's actually not a bad setup, especial when they're having a decent sale right now. on both the 3x and the 5x - both come in combo deals with the fastfire 3. I haven't had problems with it, don't see why you would if you went that route. I actually traded my PA 1-6x variable out for a fixed magnification. It's just preference really.

Originally the upper was a 7.5", it is a pistol lower so the brace (unfortunately) had to be present, the upper is still under legal so I just said fuck it, I don't think I'm gonna SBR this.

They are, and you did fine. Just nogunz who don't count. And I don't mean that as in their opinion doesn't count, I mean they literally don't count as people. If you don't own a gun, you are not a citizen.

I believe 704Tactical is affiliated with PSA, he might have a code for better deal?

It's only 260 I'm not worried

I agree 100%
Thank you for the kind words.

Nice. Where's the sale? I think I'll snag one. Also, I get shit for it, but that fucking brace is the most comfortable thing I've shot. I think it's because it's so wide it's just really stable in the shoulder. I'm tinkering with integrating one on a kentri buffer system, so I can shorten it up a little more when it's collapsed.

Hey, thats pretty good.
I was planning on building another 7.5 at some point, or a 8.5 300blk and adding a DDC hard charger. It's a build for my wife, shes pretty small so it helps lighten the tension when racking charging

I would refrain from calling it a “clone” unless you are going to use absolutely clone correct parts. I would call it “MK18 inspired”

Mine is like 2 moa with the nitride barrel I would recommend their chf 10.5 if they still exist. I love mine though, old pic got SBA3 now it's great

Attached: 20180208_120110.jpg (2160x2160, 1.09M)

DVOR has it for a decent rate right now, if you need an invite code, I can send one to a burner/junk email. They've actually got quite a few decent sales this time round.

Odenworks has a new brace that is cross between SB tac and that fin you have there (can't remember name) It may be my next higher purchase, use it on my wifes build.

Shut up autismo I'm calling it a clone

Also, what light is that?

I hated the blade. It was too light and made the gun really front heavy. I have a few sba3s I bought on super sale so I'm set for a bit. I highly recommend them though it's real comfy.

>t. toopoortoclone

A good stock can make an OK rifle feel so much better. Example: had a blackhawk stock on my 6.5... absolutely terrible, no cheek platform, horrible cheekweld resulting in sometimes a bit of a slap.

Added the .. whatever this one is called. Feels golden

Attached: 20190525_033557.jpg (3399x1471, 3.29M)

Heck yeah, theres a reason why most manf are using the same pattern for their pistol braces

Literally the cheapest gun light I could find on Amazon. S&W brand probably 200 lumens with the cheapest pic flashlight mount. If I could do it again I would have the same light (idc that it sucks) but mloc mounted so it doesn't take top rail space.

I agree.

I've been debating a light, not a "whether it's necessary or not" debate, it's just a fact that bad things happen more frequently at night, but I have a pistol w/ a light for that. I really should quite my bitching and get a light

Also ferro concepts slingster is worth every penny. For some reason I don't have any other pics on my phone I'll post more tomorrow if the thread is still up. For real though op spend more and get a better barrel from the start. All I want to do is take my rifle out as far as possible but it really struggles with whatever the cheapest barrel palmetto uses.

Also, not to mention, theres alot going on with the rifle right now/ I would love to streamline it a little further, maybe remove the irons and use RDS as backup?

Oh yeah, I like that pull cord loop, thats nice.

I think I spent $30 on the light and the mount. It's worth it I've used it camping multiple times. The cheapo takes a little finesse to get it to turn on but I think it's fine.

I have the 507c from holosun I've been planning to put on it. But I also have 3-9x primary arms scope which is great. Both are dope I'll post pics tomorrow maybe.

Hell yeah, if threads still up, do it. I was hoping more people would post here, sorta get a few more ideas if there are any changes I would want to make

Other than the ebay cancer handguard it’s fine. Cheap barrel nut will come loose without some kind of mechanical stop to keep it on. Dropping it with accessories will knock that bitch loose and the rifle will kaboom. Buy a good handguard fren. I can tell just from the pic it isn’t timed properly and will make your front sight way off center. Not fun shooting a foot left at 25m.

Burris prisms are stupid good for the money. It doesn’t take much for a prism to be bulletproof to begin with due to very few moving parts and lenses. Less lenses makes for better light transmission too. The more glass the light has to pass through, it loses a little bit of brightness. Side by side with an ACOG they don’t look bad, you’re just losing the fiber optic and tritium. And the Burris reticle is kinda gay but it works.

Theres nothing fine about needing finesse to run your taclight. Quit being a fucking retard and buy a surefire G2X for $50 on amazon.

Cry about it pussy

Got a 10.5” Psa upper on an Aero M4e1 lower. Came with the shockwave but I have an sba4 to put on it. Think after that I’ll do a drop in Midwest or kac rail, a weaponlight, afg and a holosun. Should be a decent home defense gun, might even get a suppressor.

Attached: 7528CFEF-DAF8-41C5-9DF8-C3774AF4B6DE.jpg (2048x896, 434K)

This is what the 7.5" looked like prior to adding 7 more. I liked it, really fun, head turner.. But my God you could tell the difference between different rounds. Worked like a champ but I wanted a little more insurance regarding reach.

Attached: 20190211_175033.jpg (1920x1080, 761K)

Sonovabitch my phone flipped the image. Fuck.

Based PSA 10.5 incher

Attached: 20190509_200913.jpg (4032x3024, 3.86M)

That was the original length I wanted to go for.
I liked the ease of maneuverability but I was talked into the 14.5 because of the build specs ...

Poors&gays

post some shit then my dude. The point of this thread was so I could gather some ideas to make changes as I go, what you got that's going to impress me?

I built this 300meme SBR for $900 including the stamp. The suppressor added a bit more cost.

Attached: IMG_0789.jpg (324x480, 46K)

Thats pretty slick,I like how linear it is.

300 kills deer good

Attached: IMG_0045.jpg (2048x1536, 830K)

What a fucking shitshow

Ok? So post some stuff.

Attached: IMG_7433.jpg (4032x3024, 1.32M)

That's awesome, very nice

takbir

Attached: IMG_7399.jpg (3024x4032, 1.73M)

budget build form 1 10.5" PSA nitride upper, basic bitch PSA lower, dickmod rail, SilencerCo SPECWAR 556k suppressor, Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x. Spine shot on this deer with Hornady 5.56 75gr TAP 8126n law enforcement ammo.

Attached: IMG_7414.jpg (4032x3024, 1.26M)

>.56 was designed to wound

Attached: IMG_7421.jpg (4032x3024, 2.3M)

Attached: IMG_7431.jpg (4032x3024, 1.26M)

PeeWee's Play house got new carpeting? Plus great work with that yarn on the scope, It's Tactical!

BAMBI DOWN, I repeat, BAMBI DOWN!

I got the 10.5 CHF upper, it's nice.

Peewee? What even is that? And the reason for the 550 is for when I go solo, never know when stuff may be necessary.

Why did you choose pink?

I cerakoted it pink because I could

Attached: IMG_2918.jpg (4032x3024, 1.89M)

I mean, I'm not challenging your decision, I am genuinely curious

There’s two types of AR15’s. The cheap ones and the Gucci competition builds.

There is literally no difference between a PSA build and these faggots expensive non-competition guns.

If your rifle is just going to sit in you closet like the rest of these larping faggots then just buy a PSA

Get out, jew. Nobody wants you here. You keep knocking the lamps over with your beer gut.
Whoopdie do, you poached a deer at point blank with a suppressor. Nobody gives a shit.

He's a cuck and his wife made him. No, not joking.

Well, it's not going to go unused, but I feel having a Gucci gun is overkill, in fact I think most of my build is mediocre but not shit tier, so I feel I can lean on it a little.

Well, I see the story has been told before. Eh. I ain't even mad. Ofcourse my wife doesn't fuck with my stuff. That's why next build her is on me, gonna keep it short and simple

Not bad user.
What’s the guard on the RDS?

Its just a cover for the fastfire 3, when not in use I drop it on there to protect lenses, however it's relatively easy to use RDS w or wo the cover, dealers choice

You don't need to spend a fortune for a really good tac light, honestly. My go to for new builds is a nitrolon g2 from surefire. I think technically it's not firearm rated, but I've never had flickering issues. Several of my guns have higher end surefires and streamlights, but those aren't exactly "budget". When the g2 can be had for 40 bucks, it's really a no brainer though.

I'm gonna love my mk18

buy a real mk18 poorfag

fuck that. Buy a fake mk18, buy a real sopmod block II.

But I am. I can't wait to shoot it too. Everyone will be looking at my mk18

no u

Still here you slimy overweight faggot?

Ye. Gonna be picking up a CZ82 next week and recently finished boiled linseed oil finish on my longboi. What’s the story with knocking over the lamps?
I could go for a cheeseburger, actually.

Attached: 55C6CC5A-544D-427D-AF28-EBC05C771927.jpg (2048x1536, 2.05M)

just as good

they all come from the same forge its just a rollmark

That's pretty nice

I would say something like this, my M4 for duty everyday

Attached: 20190525332.jpg (1280x960, 77K)

and yeah i wish i could have a chance to get a try on pmag

thanks, it’s a mostly Australian L1A1 Frankenstein inch parts kit (British barrel) built on a metric Imbel receiver. It’s an early 1994 ban Century import that had the threads cut off. I got a competent gunsmith to turn the barrel on a lathe and thread it 9/16x24RH so I could use a factory muzzle device or suppressor. The barrels are too thin to get a proper shoulder, though. The metric guns have the same thread pitch but it’s left hand instead of right and the muzzle devices index off the face of the barrel, not a shoulder. I was skeptical about the thin shoulder but the gun shot great and I didn’t launch my can down range.

Attached: A884DD68-8192-444D-AF4B-F5D1613F6E44.jpg (4032x3024, 882K)

lol thats an airsoft gun

>poorfag coddle thread

yeah bro, totally

Well damn, you do you. I don't think I've seen an L1A1 in good condition like yours (you'd think people care, not really.)

The locking shoulder that came in the gun allowed for 308 go and no go gauges to close on them. A 308 field gauge wouldn’t close. I got the gunsmith to install a slightly larger shoulder to tighten up the headspace to not close on 308 no go.

Instead of using the right locking shoulder at the factory, Century just machined oversized shoulders to fit.

Attached: AB36667E-EFEA-47CA-B72A-72A56F126837.png (750x1334, 3.3M)

Post your favorite build and state your case, faggot. I'm not here to be coddled, I started this thread to get ideas for when finances pick back up.

Literally everything about that build is poorfag and I could think of 1000 better ways to do it
Here's an AK102 waiting for rivets and I've got a UMP45 waiting for TBT uppers to hit market

Attached: 102 parts.jpg (4032x2553, 2.02M)

that's what a real *man should use

Attached: m4魔改.jpg (523x600, 58K)

and work in this way

Attached: 102380912.jpg (618x412, 36K)

I got it from my regular LGS who got it from bubba. I bought it after consulting with two other FALfags active in my state’s Jow Forums community. At $800, they said buy it even for just the receiver and selling off the parts. Bubba had painted the furniture with polyurethane, swapped out and removed screws, and stuck a factory muzzle device on the end of the barrel (with no threads or retaining washer and pin) and held it on with some light adhesive. It got launched downrange the first time I fired it and discovered the lack of threads.

Attached: 9C6EF442-780B-48CD-AE84-79B3447050A0.jpg (2048x1536, 642K)

This is my Poorfag Express (tm).

Attached: Poorfag Express.jpg (3500x1778, 3.77M)

Are you telling me there is another way? :O

>Death by destruction
>the enemy is confused

Imagine.

Well, 1000 better ways is not a useful statement. Ofcourse there are alternative ways, I wanted something relatively light that I didn't have to register. It's short enough that it's useful and sturdy enough that I wouldn't give a damn thrust fucking the flash hider into someones eye socket.

>not knowing about PeeWee's Funhouse
Fuck off zoomer trash

>>wdhmbt

I can dig it. It's not my color scheme but it looks good otherwise

You're a moron, Peewee herman or whatever was not big in South Africa, you dumb shit.

>IDWID