ITT: weapon tropes you hate in any medium

Attached: 1558533178541.jpg (344x344, 43K)

>metal rattling sounds when you point a gun
>sniper lasers
>SNIPER LASERS
>fuck I hate these so much
>regular lasers
>these aren't quite as bad
>bottomless mags
>"Do you have a license for that?"
>"Is that registered?"
>Mexican carry
There's probably more that I don't hate quite as much

Cocking glock noises, especially when pointed or unholstered

Repeated hammer strikes when empty on a gun it makes no sense on

9mm round throws someone back 100 yards

I mean none of those things really bother me that much but they do sort of break suspension of disbelief in an annoying and irksome way, especially in a show that is more realistic

Mine is mostly anime, and I know I'm gonna get bootyblasted for this
>ching chong protag killing an entire regiment of trained soldiers with AK-47s by himself, and that with a fucking sword
>little loli who is a muscle-let who can carry a gun that is 3 times her size and weight
>another loli that can drive and control an entire tank by herself
>Shooting in anoter gun doesn't destroy it
>Untrained protag can use a bazooka with ease, and somehow can escape intense firefights
>Protags using strategies that even Mussolini himself would have found shitty, but still somehow works because ''plot''
>Female characters using their tits as bullet-proof armor (I swear, I saw this)

>vehicle guns so far apart you can fit a goddamn reservoir between them
>snipers having no goddamn arc
>sniper lasers
>everyone having the same damn guns
>no overheating. Ever

>Female characters using their tits as bullet-proof armor (I swear, I saw this)
there is no solid evidence proving that boobies can not be used as body armor. i rest my case

>>"Do you have a license for that?"
>>"Is that registered?"

Attached: 1544739588671.gif (300x403, 1.88M)

>Grenades exploding into fireballs
>Actors running around and shooting and later charging their weapon again for dramatic effect
>Revolvers that carry 999 rounds

>character threatening someone with an uncocked M1911
>hammer on gun alternates between cocked and uncocked depending on the angle of the scene
>main character gets shot 5+ times
>gets hospitalized and lives
>random mook gets shot once in the chest/stomach
>dies immediately
>character gets shot in the head
>slowly and dramatically falls over instead of just collapsing straight down
>filing serial numbers off guns as if that somehow makes the completely untraceable
>teacupping
>CGI gunfire
>actor doesn't bother shaking his hand even a little to simulate recoil

some for vidya
>game makes a distinction between empty and partial reload animations
>partial reloads don't give you plus 1 ammo
>AK is more powerful but M16/M4 is more accurate
>dropping used magazines on the ground
>full autos deal less damage per shot than semis of the same caliber because muh balancing
>pump action/bolt action does more damage than semis
>shoot gun while ADSing at a wall point blank
>bullet hole goes exactly where the iron sights are pointing

>automatic guns are incapable of headshots and only semis/bolts/pumps can OHK
>that 1911 dual wield reload from Black Ops where he spins the gun around to cock the hammer one handed instead of just hitting the slide release with his thumb like a normal person
>hipfiring gun makes bullets spray randomly instead of a consistent laser pattern
>desert eagle does significantly more damage than intermediate rifle calibers
>revolvers in general having the strength of sniper rifles
>character gets his throat slit and dies within two seconds
>player/teammate can take 100+ shots per mission and be fine
>gets shot once in a cutscene, suddenly at death's door
>different guns of same caliber don't share ammo pools

is that everything?

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (660x574, 31K)

>everyone having the same gun
Except it make sense most of the time tho
>im out!!
>here have some of mine
This is the exact same logic of why infantries across the world ussually have the same guns or accept the same type of ammunition

>enemy gets hit with an arrow anywhere in the torso
>just dies

John Wick, while still possessing some bad weapons tropes, is still a good antidote for the usual Hollywood weapons laziness. Keanu slamming rounds into his shotgun in 3 really expanded my dong.

And nobody in this thread better correct my usage of "rounds" for shotgun shells. Shells are round, they can be rounds.

Well, shells are more round than standard cartridges.
Also:
>Reloads shotgun by pumping it.
>Intimidates protag with shotgun by pumping it again, and nothing comes out.

My favorite part of that movie. Shotguns usually get no love other than zombie movies but the weird body armor device was a little absurd. Wouldnt almost any rifle round be better against body armor than shotgun slugs? Generally curious if anyone has an answer.

Most of thoses vidya tropes are for balance purposes. Making realistic guns would be unfair in the context of a videogame. Imagine having your arm ripped-off from all the sudden because a camper with a HMG shot you, and you can't use your weapon anymore.
Or just having weapons that are ten times better than the rest.

I'm just playing the Devil's Advocate, here.

Well, depends. I'd prefer a slug if I know they're wearing armor that even AP .308 ammo is just tickling them since a big fat hunk of lead is gonna do more concussive damage than terminal ballistics. Rather instead of giving him bruises, try and break some ribs or wind him.

vidya
>your barrel doesn't collide with walls and clip into them
>no magazine management system, your entire ammo supply is a big pool of bullets
>reload animation is throwing a magazine away
>reload animation on a gun that has 2 mags tapped together
>always have to pull the charging handle when switching to the gun

*cough*ResidentEvil*cough

it's a shame multiplayer videogames will never incorporate weapon jamming as a mechanic because the competitive/tournament dudebros will complain about "muh RNG" and refuse to play the game
then you'd be able to balance bolt actions and pumps with semis/autos simply by having them feed far more reliably

There's still casual games. TF2 for example wasn't a game made for competitive and has mechanics that don't fit the e-sport scene, Engineer being an example.

>>hipfiring gun makes bullets spray randomly instead of a consistent laser pattern
Recoil is a thing, especially when firing a rifle without bracing against your shoulder.

>reload animation on a gun that has 2 mags tapped together

The reload animation of the AK-101 in Battlefield 2

Attached: 1396888317090.jpg (457x480, 69K)

Have you ever played Far Cry 2, Fallout 3 or FNV? Weapon jamming would never be a good feature.

I've played New Vegas and I love weapon jamming as a feature, I even got a mod that makes it happen while firing guns instead of after reloading them (which makes zero sense)

Hes talking about spraying full auto and having the spray be totally random between shots, rather than consistent with where the barrel is pointed. Recoil doesn't make your arc of fire 60 degrees at 10 feet, even with a .308, so if you magdump a wall you should leave a reasonably straight line rather than a crossword puzzle.

Jamming is a fine feature but its not a "selling point", its a punishment for lack of preparedness. Think of it as a debuff, much like poisoning can be avoided by wearing the right equipment or carrying antidotes, jams can be avoided by maintaining your weapon or using an alternative weapon that is less prone to it. Jammings also a good way of keeping starting weapons relevant, as a general rule late game weapons will be more fragile or less replaceable than starting guns, but otherwise flatly better. See: The G3/AK vs AR15 in Farcry, the AK vs LR300 in stalker, etc.

>all machineguns sound like m60s

In fucking vidya (cowadoody) shotgun pellets just disappear after 10 feet for "balance"

Meanwhile snipers are the best CQ weapons

Snipers in video games were a mistake.

t. sniper main

No "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" after firing.

>hip firing being accurate
>sniper lasers
>badguys die after being shot once
>badguys spirt blood when shot
>endless ammo in one mag
>never reloading
>badguys having shit aim but protag has god-tier aim

Ah a fellow man of taste I see.

Attached: 24 - CXEyKEV.jpg (1024x750, 165K)

This is gondola thread now.

Attached: 26 - pPrOzef.jpg (565x1000, 78K)

Attached: 27 - s6eqDar.png (640x1136, 490K)

>swapping out mags always fully replenishes the nxt ones
>shotguns pellets stop midair after 10 meters
>arbitrary hit point systems
>fuck hit points
>bullets go exactly where the reticle is, regardless of barrel location.
The only game I can think of that is free of these tropes are Insurgency, and Rising Storm 2. RS2 has almost all OHK for most ingame weapons besides pistol caliber, which take 2-3 to take someone down. All rifle caliber MG's do the same damage as sniper rifles or battle rifles (M60/M14, RP-46/Dragunov/Mosin).
Insurgency has tactical and quick reloads, where for tactical you swap out a partial for a full, while quick reload drops the current mag to the ground and you cant recover it.

Attached: 19th nervous breakdown.jpg (1480x928, 227K)

Im surprised no one has posted the walking dead webms or steven seagal webms

The entire system for weapon crafting or anything weapon related in fallout 4 gives me an aneurysm