AR Thread - /arg/

AR thread
/arg/
Bullyzone
Cancer containment

Salt collection edition.

Old:

Attached: failure was never an option.png (785x995, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tombstonetactical.com/catalog/lmt/l7q3-enhanced-5-56mm-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group/
reddit.com/r/guns/comments/bb8wl9/the_south_american_lmt_mws/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Read em and weep, faggots.

Attached: 2259FC19-A5E4-479F-90DC-C34840AD8471.jpg (4032x3024, 3.02M)

Nasty

Unfired edition

Attached: A61749B2-C212-4508-A516-4D92B7E80C7D.jpg (2980x1536, 1.26M)

can someone direct me to an authoritative source on how to correctly mount and level a scope?

Youll find 1,000,000 on youtube. Just get the level reticle using either a plumb bob, bubble level on the action and elevation turret, or a leveling wedge system like the Arisaka. Once youre leveled out just tighten the screws in an even alternating fashion like youd tighten the lugs on a tire.

Nice, how much does an MR762 set you back these days?

REEEEEEE

Attached: 6s58d4gf6sa54df6as8d4f6as8df74.jpg (2420x1210, 1.08M)

Oh and before you tighten/level make sure that the scopes in a position on the rail that you can get comfortable eye relief without having to crane your neckforward or lean back.

i'm asking because in the last thread i was directed to level the scope in a way which runs contrary to many of the resources i've read. pretty much everyone seems to say that level rifle + level scope = properly mounted, with no consideration to the level of the actual bore.

No chrome edition

>level bore
On an AR if your upper rails level, then the bores level. I dont quite get what you mean. When leveling on bolt actions or M14s ive picked a spot i know on the receiver to be flat, often the spot under wear im going to mount the optic, then i clamp a bubble level onto the barrel and twist it so its aligned with the one i put on the receiver, you can now remove the first one, because the one on the barrels showing the same level. Now mount your optic loosely where you want it, and level the elevation turret to the bubble level on your barrel using the now available first bubble level

>under wear
Under wheres what i meant

i mean that the orientation of the bore isn't necessarily exactly even with the top of the upper receiver. in a perfect world, obviously it would be, but i'm not sure how much i can trust manufacturers' precision here. if i can just level the rifle end to end, there's theoretically no point in even leveling the rifle at all going with the line of thought that i can trust the manufacturer's precision, because the mount being attached to the rifle in this case is just acting as any other level surface... meaning that i could just find a perfectly level surface (if it exists in my immediate vicinity) then plop just the scope mount itself upon it and level the scope that way, then attach it to the rifle.

this is, of course, if i can trust the top of the upper receiver to be precisely parallel to the line of the bore.

am i overthinking this?

Slow down on the tism youre not shooting a mile with a 4ft long bolt action. If the rails so far misaligned with the barrel that youre seeing horizontal POI shifts as you keep extending range then you need to stop buying the cheapest trash you can get away with

Attached: 0660ABCF-A5F7-4102-9739-2838E919B9D5.jpg (1915x1341, 1.73M)

Theres nothing wrong with your latter idea. Some companies even sell little picatinny rail with 4 adjustable legs so you can level it out, and mount an optic on there then move it to your rifle. You could do it as you said without a rail, but many mounts dont actually sit level on a flat surface, but will if clamped onto picatinny

>the cheapest trash you can get away with
okay, i think i'm starting to understand why some manufacturers are rated more highly than others for real now. i can see how sloppy manufacturing could lead to uncorrectable mechanical faults in the weapon. i'm guessing this sort of thing is why it's important to buy from a quality manufacturer (not that i haven't).
i might buy one of those in lieu of spending money on a bench rest if the cash works out. do you happen to know a company that sells one of these?

thanks to both of you for indulging my autism.

Paid $4003 total

>tells user to headspace his AR
>has no idea what the barrel extension is or how it works
>"anyone who says otherwise is not giving REEL Jow Forumsommando advice!"
Summer truly is here, but the again it hasn't left in 3 whole years

I think Seekins or badger Ordnance might. If you look around youtube youll find a snipershide video where he uses one to level out a scope, and he mentions where he got it. Ive used a Tiptons Gun Vise on many occasions to do it although honestly i think i might prefer my lap. Depends on which method you plan to use, if using leveling wedges you really dont need the rifle to be rock solid at level. If doing the 2 bubble level method, yeah you want that fucker rock solid

$4003 for an unlined CM barrel
what a massive think

Attached: 1517876470853.png (1072x715, 934K)

Theres all sorts of little tolerances like that that 90% of users will never notice due to the way you use a service rifle. But then when you start trying to match condition something or shoot real real far out you find all these little unfixable demons. Its why 1000yd+ guys pay for a blueprinted action instead of slapping a $2500 optic in a Savage Axis

Nice Gucci clone

Attached: lengthboii.jpg (2048x984, 1.12M)

No thanks

Attached: IMG_20190523_134420~3.jpg (4032x1827, 2.73M)

Oh shid

Attached: 615199EF-8D84-483B-817A-28DD17C9D315.jpg (4032x1922, 1.59M)

>bought bendyBill trigger
Did I fuck up?

Any other good "sales" going on this weekend

How in the name of fuck are you needing to level an optic on an AR?

>leveling wedges
fuck, why did i not know this was even a thing. fuck everything else, i'm just going to get a wedge. thanks user.
LPVO my man

SSA-E right? It’s one of the few things Bill makes that keeps him from jail time.

Because you need to when you put it in an optic mount

Attached: IMG_20190521_153414~3.jpg (4032x3024, 3.28M)

Yes

no cheating, put that windowed pmag back in :D

Pomp eet

y....you don't level your optics before attaching them to... everything?

put that weapon on safe

Reticles and adjustments exist and operate on two axes. Should be able to figure out the rest on your end.

Attached: 65sd4g6s5g4s6gs84.jpg (1728x1841, 1.42M)

Thats a whole lot of stupid

Ok ok

Attached: BB01C0CC-617A-474E-B1EE-2C9C08BD0821.jpg (3566x1536, 1.02M)

how do you manage to spend $4003 for a set when the 417 parts kit is like $2250 off brownells?

Why are you asking me? I did the smart thing and bought the better 308 platform. Yes the MWS is a platform, a foundation for excellence if you will.

Attached: 6546f5dg46dfg54df6g54.jpg (2420x1198, 1.14M)

lol let's be honest now, you bought that because you could afford the factory overruns they had. all the other bullshit you're slewing is an after the fact justification for why you can't afford the 417.

:O

Attached: 234044AE-6856-4B62-8D5D-E316129976CE.jpg (4300x1680, 370K)

Nice binary tone

LMT enhanced BCG when?
they've been sold out for months now

user you're killing me.
tombstonetactical.com/catalog/lmt/l7q3-enhanced-5-56mm-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group/

Call em and ask. They sell out fast whenever they get them. Theyre mid move right now, but have mentioned they plan on increasing how many and how often they make them because theyre real in demand right now. I need a spare carrier or two

When did people start hitting the LMT pipe so hard

Attached: five point five six.jpg (1024x637, 434K)

>tombstonetactical.com/catalog/lmt/l7q3-enhanced-5-56mm-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group/
i'm sorry that i don't feel comfortable buying from a website that looks worse than a the Myspace page of a 14year old girl circa 2005

Another rock please sir

Attached: AEA564F0-4646-4458-A226-C6ADAEA3F56C.jpg (4032x3024, 3.45M)

Dude thats 70% of gun websites. Welcome to boomer industry. Tombstones probably one of the larger LMT internet distributors with Strongside

Gentlemen, please
They are both fine rifles. We have many other issues to address, like the recent influx of justasgood™ posters.

>no chrome
HK is justasgood posting in an AR forum

Lower on my 14.5 is LMT w/ an LMT rip off of a geissele two stage, does that qualify me to join LMT gang?

Tombstone is legit, found the autist.

Attached: this is the war room.jpg (1020x622, 80K)

I thought the same at first, but it really is a good website. Its better to have quality where it counts, yknow?

No you need monolithicc.
MRP/MWS upper

Where the fuck did you find that you massive faggot? No such thing as an HK rifle under 3 g’s. New. Used. Or otherwise. Kill yourself

>he doesnt know

arg and reddit have been circlejerking them ever since they started selling their factory seconds at half price.
theyve become the just as good as KAC for mid-level poorfags who can't afford KAC

What bipod fag

bait accepted, did you read the fucking post i literally said off of brownells for 2250

Atlas

>reddit likes LMT
How could you be so wrong

Go home, fuckin PSA poorfag.

Attached: A9FE7091-9648-45A4-A1EA-33FA00C8268A.jpg (1024x993, 134K)

reddit.com/r/guns/comments/bb8wl9/the_south_american_lmt_mws/
> I like it, it looks amazing and the color is very unique!
>Mind if I ask how much it ran you? Sexy rifle nonetheless!
>Same exact thing here. It was so tempting but I resisted. This is just like a swift kick in the balls.

>Congrats OP. It's beautiful.

>Seeing this pic also makes me regret not picking one up. That Canteen green is so sexy...

>Damn that’s a pretty legit rifle

>Beautiful color. How much OP?

i made a trip for you: FROMREDDIT##GAY

All parts together on Brownells total over $3200 after tax and shipping. Fucking gat yourself.

I bought it because it was a great deal. Spending money based on "what you can afford" is a fool's errand. All purchases should be calculated, no matter how big or small. I'm just shitting on the MR762 (not a 417) for the sake of shitposting, I think they are cool guns. That being said I'd take the MWS over it every time. Better barrels, great design, the ability to swap from 16 inch "battle rifle" to 20-24 inch 6.5 creedmoor precision gun in a matter of a minute presents a lot of value.

Attached: kijmwgpoi2jg0982yugf.jpg (1978x1362, 1.34M)

I dig it

Attached: 63F2B25E-925A-40DD-A30A-0FAEF8BC0BE4.jpg (684x384, 62K)

What flip up irons to put on my recent mars-h purchase? Would magpul's or troy battlesights hold up to that rifle being dropped?

I told you yesterday, Atlas.

Attached: 20190310_212708.jpg (620x827, 292K)

I bought this because it was a great deal. Spending money based on "what you can afford" is a fool's errand. All purchases should be calculated, no matter how big or small. I'm just shitting on the LMT (not a KAC) for the sake of shitposting, I think they are cool guns. That being said I'd take the PSA over it every time. Better barrels, great design, the ability to swap from 16 inch "battle rifle" to 20-24 inch 6.5 creedmoor precision gun in a matter of a minute presents a lot of value.

You'll fucking take the MWS every time because there exists NO time when you can afford the more expensive option.

Attached: 3tuyi8u79jtz.jpg (3016x4027, 928K)

my DDmk18 came with a plastic ejection port cover, i want to swap it out for a proper metal one but should i even bother?
and what brand should i get
>just get whatever cheapest
yeah i know, but are there any brands i should avoid?

Looking to get a 1MOA dot.
What has better sales, Memorial day or 4th of July?

Attached: 1558743366712.gif (499x428, 490K)

Id go Troy, KAC, or LMT
Have LMT on mine but thought about switching to Troy

I bought this because it was a great deal. Spending money based on "what you can afford" is a fool's errand. All purchases should be calculated, no matter how big or small. I'm just shitting on the LMT (not a KAC) for the sake of shitposting, I think they are cool guns. That being said I'd take the Anderson over it every time. Better barrels, great design, the ability to swap from 16 inch "battle rifle" to 20-24 inch 6.5 creedmoor precision gun in a matter of a minute presents a lot of value.

Attached: Fsste1U.jpg (4288x3216, 2.17M)

Which do you think?
You know what industry this is

Attached: 1558473262963m.jpg (1024x731, 106K)

I love my Troy HK sights.
Aside from the elevation weirdness all HK sights have, they're great.
They don't flip automatically but feel nice and overbuilt.
Nothing "mini" about them either despite the name.

Scratch that, $3200 is without the fucking lower receiver. It’s like $3950 after tax and shipping.

They're both military related holidays, dumdum.
I'm new I legitimately don't know.

Black Friday, 4th of July then Memorial day imo.

No. I own a ssa-e trigger and fuck every other trigger now. Anything less is poo. Just picked up the sd-e trigger on sale because i want to try a flat trigger ssa-e

Independence day. The day that civilians with guns shit on brits

Thanks for the input.

TY
sage

where did you even find the bolt?

That's a nice optic setup on the MR762!
>When you blow your wad on the rifle

Attached: happydreams.gif (220x336, 481K)

i think you got the wrong door. the
thread is two posts down

What barrel length would you guys reccomend for my first ar? A guy offered me his DD Mk12 for one of my rifles and the 18' barrel seems kinda long.

Are forward assists necessary?
Or are slick sides a meme?

>Shitting on Tombstone when it's one of the only sites that have the most manufacturers available.
I've never had an issue when using their site

If you aren't willing to fill out the proper atf forms[spoiler], or pretend you did when you go to the range,[/spoiler] then just get a 16"

No. No. Forward assists provide peace of mind to some. An argument could be make for going into harm's way and needing the ability to force the rifle into battery to get a shot off when it should otherwise be cleared and the blockage assessed and cleared.

I'm just dispensing easy (you)s as a community service today. My implication was that bragging about affording an MR762 with no optics on it is pretty retarded.

Attached: technobuffonishorter.gif (334x251, 3.62M)

He’ll have an optic soon
The real question is if he spends big on the optic also

guarantee he'll get an acog or some equivalent low effort low budget optic for that gun

Given hes got no chrome he needs to orient that thing towards precision as much as possible. Because it aint doublin duties as a battle rifle

Newgunz here with an AR-10 lower/upper set on the way. I'm starting to think about build but I'm having a lot of trouble picturing what I want out of an AR-10, because I honestly don't see what the application is for a full-power battle rifle these days.
>A boltgun will be more accurate for 500 yards+
>A medium-caliber rifle will be easier to use at A boltgun will be lighter for hiking/hunting purposes
Sorry if these are stupid questions, I just want to figure out what I want to do with my new AR-10 receiver

Attached: pepe in a 3 wheeled car that is rotating.gif (442x473, 590K)

chrome is for double digits who don't regularly clean their gun

only you know what purpose is the biggest priority. build it around that