Best Knife

I need some help trying to choose what knife to get, and I've narrowed my choices down to 2 good knives. I can either get a Western 49 bowie knife, or I can get a Gurkha Service kukri. I was wondering if I can get some 2nd opinions on each to know which one is best. Money isn't a concern, but I just need to know what the pros and cons are for each. I like bowies, but kukris are very good too. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attached: 71cqhu32SBL._SL1500_.jpg (1216x1500, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zombietools.net/shop/reaver-cleaver-2/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Doesn't matter what ever you get, you'll never use it. Get what is cooler.

A modest sized fixed blade knife that rests easy on your belt that you'll use for more than one escapade.

Guess that's one way of looking at it.

Okay then.

Himalayan Imports is about the best non-custom kukri you can buy. Their website store is retarded 90's tier though.

Thanks for the tip. And that's true, they really should update that.

It's true, both knives suck for most /out/ tasks that is not fire prepping, larping. I started xbox huge, over time it's got to the point that I just use a folder (Spyderco endura 4) for most of my /out/ crap, small hatchet or folding saw covers the rest. Go look at the Becker bk 16 by ka bar / becker, much better choice.

These anons are right.
I got two from that website, figured I'd go camping with them every now or then. I think I took the bottom one out once. The blade is too thick to be really usable for much that a smaller knife or a hatchet isn't 10x better at.

Attached: 20190525_231232.jpg (2918x2510, 3.81M)

Oh, cool. Thanks for the advice.

Bk 16 and 9.

Attached: 20190304_163747.jpg (2160x2160, 1.03M)

9 being the bigger one.

It's sad how outdated it is. I was looking into kukri's about a month ago and still debating which to buy, WWII, British army or something else

What models are those?

No idea, was probably 7 years ago when I bought these. I think the bottom one was called something like police/military/service model. Think the handle is ox horn.

Buck 119. I've had mine for years and been very rough on it and it still works flawlessly every time I need it.

What about the original Nepalese kukri that IMA is selling? They are more of a collectors piece but still cool as shit

bit unrelated to the thread, but is there a steel that will not wear out entirely in a few months of active use?

I have a Cold Steel Kukri and I clear trails with it and it's only about $25.

Attached: IMG_3354.jpg (3264x2448, 2.76M)

International military antiques? Never heard of them so can't say. My research stopped when forums basically said fuck everybody but HI lol

I've got a ka bar kukri and use it as a hatchet, and in a pinch, a shovel. I typically take it with me when I'm camping on my motorcycle, but it's too heavy to tote on longs trips innawoods.

What do you mean "wear out?"

How quickly steel losses its edge depends on how hard out is, but the harder it is, the harder you have to work to sharpen it. No edges tool will last if you aren't using it appropriately - chipping rocks will destroy even the best steel.

I already have one of those. Got it as a gift from my grandfather. It's good, but it has too much sentimental value.

I saw those, but I'm not a fan of the handle.

Oh cool. I have a motorcycle as well, and that's why I've been asking. Planning a trip around the country and wanted a knife that can handle a lot. Narrowed the choices down to the two, as I said, but want to know which is superior.

Bowie, but not that western 49. There are way better ones out there. I like my cold steel natchez. That being said, ive seen others i like even better out there. Down under knives had a nice looking bowie too. Look into the custom made world, like zombietools.net/shop/reaver-cleaver-2/

Personally, OKC SP10 or SP5 if you want something large. Depends on what you want it for.

Why would you need one? I mean, what for? Wallhanging?

Grab a kukri from budk. They are made of carbon steel and around $20. For that price you can actually use and abuse it. If you don't like it then pick up a nice bowie.

I had a Khukri. My uncle brought it back from Nepal. I lived in some dangerous areas in my life and let me tell you, nothing strikes fear into assailants like the khukri

Bottom one looks legit with the cut in the bottom of blade. Top one looks like shit

Why not just enjoy life and get all the tools you need?

For example, this stuff weighs next to nothing...

Attached: Mora-Fiskars-Bahco - weight.jpg (975x896, 352K)

>Bahco
>Not superior silkyboi
It's like you dont even /out/

should i get a Cold Steel FGX series? The ones made of fiberglass? They are like $10 each.

I own the Himalayan imports British service Kukri or whatever its called and honestly apart from a severe shtf situation, I would never consider it more than a really nice collector's piece. Its an incredible tool/weapon and will survive anything you throw at it, but the truth is that its heavy and its big. Like "short sword" big.

So if you plan on carrying a knife daily, get a Fallkniven F1 and invest in a really nice custom leather sheath.

Looking for a knife for hunting/outdoors. Don't need anything bigger than a 4 inch blade and preferably folding. Any makes to recommend? I know fuck all when it comes to manufacturers apart only buy bucks knives made in the US

Get a benchmade griptilian or griptilian mini.

While true, sometimes you just want to larp as Crocodile Dundee and get the biggest knife out there.
Mora is some great shit btw. I use one both as a innawoods knife and a gig knife (Cutting thin copper wires, plastic, all sorts of shit) and it holds an edge decently well, and if it would ever break then I could just buy another for the loose bills in my pocket.

The bowie is (way) more practical, but if you just want to fumble around and be happy about having a handcrafted item in the first place, get the khukuri.
Be warned though: genuine Khukuris like the Nepalis would use themself are only sold by Tora blades. The Nepalis don't flail around a 1cm thick sharpened leaf spring.
Windlass from india actually produced the Khukuris for the Ghurkas for some time and their designs are closer to the real thing than the ones from KHHI or HI and they are way cheaper on top of that.

based