Hi Jow Forums

Hi Jow Forums,

When I was young and living just outside London, UK, I found a bullet (or rather what I believe most of you would call a "shell") in my back garden. It has the name "J. R. Hoods" on it, carved into it.

I've tried Googling before but can't seem to find any information on "J. R. Hoods". Anyone know anything about them? Maybe it's a company name?

Attached: IMG_20190526_121543.jpg (2745x1775, 1.37M)

shell usually refers to the casing, you're holding a bullet

Thanks for correcting me! I'm really not knowledgeable about this subject at all, as you can tell.

Bullet was used to assassinate J.R. Hoods
You need to return the bullet to his grace or he will haunt you.

If that's the case then he has apparently already been haunting me for some time now. I found the bullet around 1995/1996.

they don't haunt you until you are aware of the error you have made in taking the item

trust me bro

3spooky5me, I hate hate haaate it when this happens

Interesting but this doesn't fit into my personal belief system.

A round fired from an aircraft in the BoB maybe? I dont know, try and think of reasons why that round would have been fired and landed in the area.

Attached: 303AmmoPaki.1.jpg (640x425, 30K)

How long is the bullet, and what is the bullet diameter? My guess would be either or J. R. Hoods kept it as a memento, either from service or as a reminder of a certain shoot.

Oi you got a loicense for that spent projectile?

Looks like brass, projectiles were usually copper wash or copper played lead.

This was probably a key chain or momento/ gift that was dropped

Oi you got a loicAH BLIMEY A G G G GHOST!

Thank you! Looking it up, BoB involvement is a possibility.

The bullet is just over an inch long. Diameter is tiny but I don't know exactly, don't have anything handy to measure it with. Maybe 10mm or so? It's small.

No guvna.

I mean you could be right, but it's pretty heavy and detailed.

I am retarded, 10mm is way off. Maybe half that.

Get some calipers and measure it, if possible weigh it. With that you can trace back. It's possible it might be a souvenir. The location of the name suggests that. Try to take better pictures. Against a good ruler and also from the rear lay it it on a table for example next to a ruler. It could of been a challenge coin replacement for example.

Compare the image to this photo, does it look similar to one of these? or is the tip more flat?

Attached: 174%20-%20160%20grain[1].jpg (400x391, 21K)

J.R. Hoods is probably a soldier or something who kept this as a memento and engraved his name into it. No one puts markings on bullets and, were it ever actually fired, it would be illegible.

Boat tail you can seein OP's pic makes me think .308 Winchester rather than .303

OP rather than thinking military think where you live - you said London but are we talking urban or rural?
If rural
Likely an old round that used to belong to a farmer stolen by or gifted to a farmhand

Looks like something Mr "J. R. Hoods" had as a novelty and lost.

A shell is a projectile that contains something, usually an explosive filler but can also include incendiary filling or even pellets such as in a shotgun shell or canister shell.
The technical term for a solid projectile is shot, which can also be used to refer to sub-projectiles like pellet shot, flechettes, and sabot penetrators.
Bullet is actually a holdover term from ancient slings, as originally firearms shot round metal balls much like sling bullets. These rounds were also called balls, and is the origin of the modern use of the term ball ammunition referring to regular jacketed ammunition.