"largest standing military in the world"

>"largest standing military in the world"
>can't even stand at attention

What are those cylinders on the bottom of their guns anyways

Attached: RTS1DCTO.jpg (937x528, 387K)

Yeah.

They're water coolers for their AK's, OP

Helix mags. Many believe them to be purely propaganda as nobody has ever seen them fielded or really pictured anywhere other than where Kim is at that time, along with a plethora of other issues such as reliability and weight.

Those are magazines. Norks put helical magazines on their AK's like the stupid insects they are

How heavy and unwieldy do you think those magazines are?

Attached: 1528407280684.jpg (497x604, 29K)

prolly like 100 rounds so 1kg + the weight of the mag
so the whole rifle prolly like 4.5kg or something, not bad at all really, same as an RK62 with a loaded mag

They're suspected to be 150rnds minimum
So extremely so

so like 5kg
still, not too bad

how the fuck do you even hold your rifle with a bulky mag like that? do their small korean hands fit around the mags? i wouldn't even be sure that mine would, and i got quite the shovels

What in the sweet name of fuck...
I think they can hold 'em fine, just not for long enough to, y'know.
Do anything APPROACHING modern tactics.
This is some firing line type bullshit, and I'm mad as hell despite this not being my military or country or even people I like all that much.

Like.
Fuck son.
What happened to at least TRYING to outfitting your people with something at least PRETENDING to be decent tech?

It looks like his elite bodyguards use them. That's pretty ballsy, giving your bodyguards guns that don't work. He must have a lot of trust that nobody will try and assassinate him. His people must really love and respect him.

Attached: 0_c2cae_7588cda9_XXL_edorig.jpg (577x320, 59K)

>His people must really love and respect him
They do. And there's basically no crime at all in North Korea. It's common for people to just hitchhike wherever they go, even little kids do it.

Of course they hitchhike. What else are they going to do, get in their own car and drive somewhere?

Attached: hVWmIiO.jpg (678x576, 52K)

that's not the point, the point is that people let their 5 year old children hitchhike with total strangers. because they have nothing to fear. there's no crime in north korea.

Oh herro

>because they have nothing to fear.
They have nothing to fear, but fear itself. And starvation.

Attached: 07f52ecafddbe809139d648a062fe3ef.png (885x853, 309K)

i'm not defending north korea u mongs, i'm just stating a fact. you know you can say something positive about something without being a big fan of it, right? right?

Those aren’t typical NK troops though, look at the helix magazines and gear. They’re pretty much Kim’s personal Waffen-SS or Republican Guard.
The point is to make them look all cool and menacing, to other North Koreans at least. How effective they actually are is a secondary thought. Personally I can’t imagine just how shitty 7.62x39/5.45 ammunition must be when combined with such a magazine.

Do they even have body armor? It looks extremely fake.

That's more than the weight of the fucking gun
Furthermore how are you going to aim steadily? How are you gonna reload that efficiently as a regular mag? Since they weigh so much and take up so much space - how many spares can you afford to carry?

You can say positive things. But. you're wrong about there being zero crime. That's absurd. Of course they have criminals. Who else do they fill up their prison camps with?

dude how dumb are you? you think they're gonna be doing much reloading with 150 round mags? and even if they do the gun probably accepts ordinary 30 rounders just fine
>Furthermore how are you going to aim steadily?
by being a man and having some upper body strength, or how about going prone or bracing the gun on any cover you're behind like you're supposed to?

dissidents? and the families of dissidents. do or say something wrong, and your whole family is fucked.

>implying NK can afford to provide more than 100 rounds per man
They use helix mags because that way they can put each man's entire ammunition supply in one mag and drop reloading from the training curriculum.

>by being a man and having some upper body strength,
So, by not being a 4'10 140lb nork?

why wouldn't they? body armor ain't fucking magic, chinks can sell it to them if they can't manage it themselves

meaty russian sof inside syria
>has no money for ballistic vests or helmets

Attached: dsd.jpg (1467x969, 111K)

to me it kinda sounds like those 150cm 50kg norks have more upper body strength than you since you can't even fathom holding a 5kg rifle steady

>The point is to make them look all cool and menacing, to other North Koreans at least. How effective they actually are is a secondary thought. Personally I can’t imagine just how shitty 7.62x39/5.45 ammunition must be when combined with such a magazine.
Now what does this remind me off...

Attached: wojak.png (564x849, 324K)

It's a moot point since those mags probably aren't even halfway loaded.

>dat mismatching airsoft camo

Attached: 022.jpg (878x851, 508K)

>That's pretty ballsy, giving your bodyguards guns that don't work. He must have a lot of trust that nobody will try and assassinate him. His people must really love and respect him.

Think again. He's forcing defective guns onto the best trained people that could kill him, especially as they're always around him. Get it now?

idlib rebels with modern helmet and machine gun with thermal sight

Attached: 43d.jpg (1307x959, 105K)

There is also the question of it being done on purpose. The Kims aren’t any strangers to coup attempts, and when it was revealed Jong Il was to be the next leader after Il Sung there was almost a full scale military overthrow from it. So the bodyguards look all tough and scary to the people that could pose a realistic threat to the Kims, all the while having little means to carry out an assassination via defective weapons and gear. It sounds crazy and retarded, but remember what we’re talking about here. Kim Jong Il for example was so deep into movies he thought the world ran like a James Bond film.

That is just retarded enough to be true.
Hah.
Fuck.