Moving back to Texas what Loadout?

I am moving back to my home state of Texas.

What realistic load out should I arm myself and my oldest son with to protect our gated community when things break bad?

Attached: 55DA3383-5D79-4BB7-BC72-FF6959FB75EE.png (600x344, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-pa15-16-nitride-m4-carbine-556-nato-moe-ar15-rifle-black.html
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-freedom-rifle-kit-gray.html
typicalshooter.com/ar-15-mid-length-vs-carbine-upper-whats-the-difference/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>paranoid white boi syndrome

Stoeger M3K’s and Remington 1858’s.

>paranoid

Attached: 748B7929-F423-4222-836C-58682DAF5A01.jpg (640x480, 93K)

Remington TAC-14 for you son and a Smith & Wesson M&P for yourself

Desu what if he isn’t moving to Abilene tho?

yeeeeeeeeeee

Attached: cowboykit.jpg (2500x1406, 504K)

My oldest son is 16 so no need to under arm him.. he is a better shot than I though.. would it be best if we both have the same mbr?

haaaaaaaaaaw

Attached: armor1.jpg (675x1200, 212K)

How old is your son. Is he firearms trained? Are you?

Don't know if I would trust a minor with a rifle if they didn't grow up with it, and maybe not even then. They don't always make the best decisions. Anyway.

Give him the AR and put yourself behind something that kicks harder and reaches further. 300WM bolt action maybe. Pistols are almost irrelevant for area defense.

Unimpressive and inadequate

no u

He’s 16 and we are both familiar with fire arms, he is an excellent shot(far better than I). I intend to get back into shooting and he would like to get into 3 gun.

I would think we should both get ARs. I already have a 300wm for alternative uses.

>what realistic loadout
AR15 and glock

Whats the good affordable AR to get these days?

Palmetto State Armory Freedom/Patriot 16" bargain for the quality compared to other cheap AR's unless you want to build your own from a kit, then its an even better deal.

AR15 is pretty much the perfect combat rifle. you should definitely have one for each person.

get an IBC tote and some 5gal buckets. fill the buckets with dry rice and dry beans. throw in dehumidifying packet and cover. store in a cool dry place. complete protein: done. grow some peppers and onions if you have room, they'll provide additional vitamins and minerals. and get a water filter. and some first aid supplies. more than you think you need. and some steel plates or AR500 plates for cover in concealment, i.e. from a carefully chosen defensive spot where ideally you can lie in the prone behind them and return fire.

Attached: sawyerfilter.jpg (1000x887, 79K)

PSA AR15 midlength
10 magazines each, D&H, magpul, etc are good to go but some like ASC are trash
Something to carry them in, either bandoliers or:
Plate carrier with plates and mag pouches, ceramic or steel plates are both fine, steel is much heavier though, that's the only real downside but it's a bigger downside than people admit
An individual first aid kit each, in a pouch, with items you both know how to use, that cover the following at minimum:
Stopping massive bleeding (tourniquet)
Securing the airway (nasopharyngeal airway)
Closing up sucking chest wounds (some kind of big sticker)
Dressing other wounds (bandages and gauze)
An emergency blanket (tiny mylar walmart version)
And a pouch on your gear for a knife, and for a water bottle

This is all poorfag shit but it'll cover your bases. Pick up 2 Taurus G2C's ($174 at PSA right now after rebate) for concealable weapons in case you have to keep it on the down low.

Attached: 1548080113923.jpg (3000x2107, 586K)

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-pa15-16-nitride-m4-carbine-556-nato-moe-ar15-rifle-black.html

shockwave

Attached: 1539147197181.gif (382x554, 2.57M)

Just what he linked, but get a midlength. PSA sells them too.

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-freedom-rifle-kit-gray.html
If you bought these kits and a stripped lower (from PSA or from whoever's local, ~$40) it'd come out to like $310 for an AR before tax.

typicalshooter.com/ar-15-mid-length-vs-carbine-upper-whats-the-difference/

Attached: 1541330782466.png (1439x1780, 1.74M)

>rollins
>heterosexual

For a decently priced no bullshit AR I'd look at LWRC, you can get their cold hammer forged ambi bolt catch rig for around $1200 if you look on gundeals.

Thanks

>living in a gated community
Soft fucking faggot. You might as well turn the gun on yourself if things go to shit.

jelly poorfag

Gated communities will be little kingdoms user..

Imagine this..

Prepper on 5-10 acres vs gated community of 1000 males.

Who wins in that scenario fuckface?

Gated communities will be armed camps of mobile raiders. Vs single families on their acreage.

Who wins?

Are those guys ok?

You gonna have people becoming an hero after about a week of rice and beans. Instead;
>subdivide beans into 4 different types- pinto, navy, black, and kidney. Have same quantity of each.
>stock up on salt, pepper, dried garlic and onion, cilantro, cumin, cinnamon, oregano, rosemary, sage, thyme, cayenne pepper, cloves, bay leaf, and dill.
>stock up on peanut butter, ghee, canned olive oil, coconut oil, honey, molasses, and peanut oil. Add smaller amounts of sunflower, sesame, and other specialty oils if you use them. Canned oils will keep longer than oil in bottles or jars.
>a 5 gallon bucket of flour, another of cornmeal. Another with a variety of pastas. Store them the same as how you store the beans and rice. Get a 1 or 2 gallon bucket of instant mashed potatoes. Same with powdered scrambled eggs, if you’re so inclined. Likewise, powdered milk. The whole fat kind that you get at Mexican food stores. Nonfat powdered milk is a trendy First World product that’s useless.
>canned cheeses and cheese sauces. Also dehydrated cheese powder, the kind you buy in bulk for making mac n cheese. Canned meats- tuna, sardines, clams, chicken, beef, spam, and ham. Canned tomato sauce and paste.

Now you have a respectable long term pantry. Get a little bit in each category every time you go shopping. Also get canned veggies- peas, corn, green beans, and mixed. Rule of thumb- 2 cans of veggies per each can of meat protein.

Get at least 2 cookbooks. The Martha Stewart one lists what a comprehensive pantry should have. It’s not a bad place to start.

Anything you have in your deep pantry needs to be cycled into your regular menu rotation and replaced periodically. That way, nothing gets too old. Once every 3 months, have a shtf menu weekend. Nothing but food from your stockpiles from Friday evening to Monday morning.

They are now

Dat .50 BMG tho

>cooks with delicious smelling spices
>smells up neighborhood
>free shit brigade raids and kills you within 24 hours

>rice and beans an hero lol, instead
>more beans
>more dry goods
user, of course you will have need of spices. salt especially. same as cooking oil, which i also didn't mention.

good post, except for the autism that caused you to invalidate mine.

they're napping. i'm curious why there's a fucking fitty cal in the dumpster with him.

>dumpster
I think that’s that the bed of a shitty truck

More napping cartel members

Attached: 0406A5A9-168F-4D37-A6A8-946495D3B896.png (960x720, 958K)

(((Henry Garfield)))
>"rollins" lol

>more beans
>more dry goods

Variety, user. Variety. Rice and beans is only rice and beans. Four kinds of beans is a chili basis. That’s where the seasonings come in. With what I listed, you can do-
Chili
Pizza
All manner of soups and stews, even though I forgot to mention bouillion
Polenta
A plethora of pasta-based meals
Shepherd’s pie
Tacos and burritos, plus all the other stuff that’s tortilla based. I neglected to mention baking powder, so you’re stuck with the flatbreads.

>autism
You say that like it’s a bad thing. Also, quit being so sensitive. I didn’t invalidate your post, I expanded on it. If I’d invalidated your post, I would have called you a faggot and a doublenigger. Then I would have accused you of implications, followed by goalpost shifting, strawmanning, more ad hom, and other generalized screeching. After thoroughly derailing the thread, I would play my trump card; call you nogunz and insist that you post your guns with a timestamp. Probably would have called you a newfag at some point.

Anyhow, I’m glad we could have this little talk. Really cleared the air.

Post guns.

>Moving back to Texas
Haha, most overrated state. 0.0 BLM land and FILLED with dirty mex. Have fun, loser.

Attached: 1554756971116.gif (181x174, 1.19M)

>free shit brigade
Don’t really have one of those hereabouts. Too rural for the urban kind. Small college town just across the river, but they just shut down their football program. That eliminates a certain troublesome demographic from the get-go. Added bonus, the NAACP has recommended that colored students do not seek admission to HSU, due to their racist policies. That leaves scrawny lanklets and their “girlfriends” with MLP hair colors. They’ll mostly die off when they try to cook their tofu burgers on bbq grills in the dorms.

Every red blooded American family man should have his AR, but really, until we finally get constitutional carry passed, get your LTC and keep your pistol of choice and a mag on your person.

Seriously though, you have no idea how much shame I feel that Oklahoma got constitutional carry before we did. Sam Houston is spinning in his grave. God will curse us and the Sooners will blow us out this year for our hubris.

Anyway, welcome back. You know what time it is.

Attached: alvocado-ranch-burger-on-texas-toast.jpg (500x375, 65K)

I’ve been in Montana.. I’ve missed Chuy’s the most and whataburger 2nd

What would that mean for us, if it passed? Right now I can open carry a pistol secured in a holster. However without a LTC, I would be committing a felony to carry a pistol concealed.
So constitutional carry means I can conceal carry without a LTC. Correct?

> What would that mean for us, if it passed?
You conceal carry, you open carry, no LTC required. .30-06/7 signs would likely still apply.

> Right now I can open carry a pistol secured in a holster.
Not sure about this, Bruv. You can have it in your car if it's not plainly displayed, but I don't believe you can open carry or conceal carry a pistol in public without a LTC. From Wikipedia: "Open carry of a handgun in public had long been illegal in Texas, except when the carrier was on property he/she owned or had lawful control over, was legally hunting, or was participating in some gun-related public event such as a gun show."

Damn. Because everyone open carrys at gun shows. Maybe your right. I think maybe I can open carry a long rifle.

Oh, yeah. Long rifles have been open carry for a long while now.

Bump