UK self defence

Hi Jow Forums. Buying a house soon. UKfag here so handguns are a no-no, however shotguns are relatively accessible, I'm moving to a rural area.

I'm in the navy so trained with the SA80 but I don't use it in my job. Training taught me that weapon cleaning is a ballache - are shotguns high maintenance?

Would I be better off just sticking with a knife in the unlikely event of some pikey breaking in?

Thoughts welcome. Pic semi-related...

Attached: tony-martin-farmer-norfolk.jpg (1765x1351, 287K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/RokiVulovicsongs2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Greetings from Energy City (Houston, Texas). Shotguns are probably the easiest firearms to maintain. Especially break actions. Very mechanically simple and easy to clean.

I don't understand. Why would you ask a board full of people who aren't from your country on legal matters?

Any self defense in the UK is going to be looked down upon but if you don't want to die or be at the mercy of a bunch of "religion of peace" extremists who have acid and knives, using a shotgun would be obviously preferred.

Also, you really shouldn't care about maintenance of guns, especially pump action shotguns. The reason in the Navy you are taught that maintenance of weapons is crucial is because of the sea and salt water. Just get a shotgun and have fun.

Obligatory pic related

Attached: 1546817146913.png (491x1152, 739K)

>Any self defense in the UK is going to be looked down upon but if you don't want to die or be at the mercy of a bunch of "religion of peace" extremists who have acid and knives, using a shotgun would be obviously preferred.
Based off your expert opinion of the laws, despite them saying otherwise?

I'm not asking about legal matters, I'm asking about practicality.

Simple is good!

So why title it about self-defense and not just about maintaining a shotgun?

I think it had less to do with salt water and more just your standard military training bollocks.

Obviously no point having any weapon if you don't maintain it but at the same time I don't want too much admin.

Because that's the reason I'm asking in the first place. Stop being autistic.

>UK
>self defence

Attached: Untitled.png (333x489, 196K)

>UK
>self defence

Attached: 1439049454586.png (484x746, 261K)

You can get handguns in NI and the Isle of Man. And you can get a semi 22.
>are shotguns high maintenance?
Not at all

Attached: 1439043678441.png (657x783, 375K)

Shotgun it is! I'll also make sure to buy a tweed jacket and practice shouting "get orf my laaaand".

pls more. Nonfake if possible.

Nice lad, I got into shooting due a mate introducing me to clay pigeon shooting. If there is a local range I'd recommend it.

Attached: 1515274524271.jpg (632x557, 145K)

>implying anyone needs to bother making fakes

Attached: 1526748240627.jpg (661x939, 96K)

We need to revoke UK's country permit.

Annex the whole country but only leave Brits who have or want scary black rifles and guns alone.

If we did the same thing to our cities, our stupid gun grabbers would be changing their stupid grabber suicide logic like that.

Attached: 1475316597818.png (905x1007, 586K)

DOWNLOAD
>archive.org/details/RokiVulovicsongs2
>archive.org/details/RokiVulovicsongs2

Sure is Jow Forums in here

Shotguns will stun you and do permanent damage if you fire them indoors without hearing protection. You guys can get suppressors easily right? Get a hunting rifle and put one of those on it. Shotguns at close range are just as hard to aim as a rifle, they don’t work like the video game ones

I'd say a double barrel in your case as I hear bongland has restrictions on pumps that make them no better than a double. 20 ga is better if you want to reduce the chance of damaging your property but 12 is more lethal. I am unsure if the castle doctrine is accepted over there or not.

I can't wrap my head around this. How in the shit do you manage to make your population so docile that they can have this shit happen and just go "Well, this is fine, this is okay"? Why are they not fighting back? What will it take to finally push them over the edge into revolt? Is there even a limit, or will they just keep losing more and more freedom until they are nothing but two-legged, woolless sheep?

>tabloid headlines

>bike wheels

Attached: 1499200562954.jpg (639x543, 112K)

Attached: 1522853566014.jpg (1033x1280, 191K)

Attached: european self defense.webm (640x360, 1.56M)

thank god
lost my dad to a potato peeler

Brits are subjects not citizens.

you came to the wrong board nigel
Fuck off outta here.

We don't like your kind round here

What am I looking at here?

Attached: 1531439040810.png (653x886, 476K)

they are real
wake up

>I'm in the navy
>Would I be better off just sticking with a knife
Seems like you should already know the answer to that.

Think about your country and immigration. Guns are just an after thought, plus with 10% of our country being minorities I dont want handguns reintroduced as gun crime would sky rocket.

Attached: 1439043766743.png (650x441, 393K)

>plus with 10% of our country being minorities I dont want handguns reintroduced as gun crime would sky rocket
There really is no hope for you, is there?

A principal source of errors and injustice are false ideas of utility. For example: that legislator has false ideas of utility who considers particular more than general conveniences, who had rather command the sentiments of mankind than excite them, and dares say to reason, `Be thou a slave’; who would sacrifice a thousand real advantages to the fear of an imaginary or trifling inconvenience; who would deprive men of the use of fire for fear of their being burnt, and of water for fear of their being drowned; and who knows of no means of preventing evil but by destroying it.

The laws of this nature are those which forbid to wear arms, disarming those only who are not disposed to commit the crime which the laws mean to prevent. Can it be supposed, that those who have the courage to violate the most sacred laws of humanity, and the most important of the code, will respect the less considerable and arbitrary injunctions, the violation of which is so easy, and of so little comparative importance? Does not the execution of this law deprive the subject of that personal liberty, so dear to mankind and to the wise legislator? And does it not subject the innocent to all the disagreeable circumstances that should only fall on the guilty? It certainly makes the situation of the assaulted worse, and of the assailants better, and rather encourages than prevents murder, as it requires less courage to attack unarmed than armed persons.
— Cesare Beccaria, Of Crimes and Punishments

Attached: Why The Gun is Civilization.png (1155x1020, 658K)

I'm going to be honest I'm getting high off watching the EU election so I'm not gonna read that. If guns were introduced largely back into the UK it'd become a much less safe place, of course I want all the BIG GUNS but I prefer national safety. If we were a 100% white country then I'd be very happy with no guns laws but thats not how the country is right now.

>reason and force

What a fecking whitewash. More like priests vs warriors, or better yet, people without skin in the game vs those with.

Just let them take whatever they want and don't resist. You're less likely to get hurt that way.

>If guns were introduced largely back into the UK it'd become a much less safe place, of course I want all the BIG GUNS but I prefer national safety.
Based on what evidence? Consider that literally every decrease in the personal liberty to own weapons has been followed by a corresponding increase in tyrannical rule and violent crime. Even before guns were a twinkle in the eye of some enterprising Chink, banning weapons always led to MORE violence, not less.

Attached: okay.jpg (653x830, 97K)

shame, liked his books too bad hes a fucking retard

I'm sure you can eloquently summarize what part of that is "retarded". Seeing as how you're all "not retarded" and everything. I'll just wait here.

>Based on what evidence?
Pakis and Niggers with guns are never good for national safety. It would also decrease trust and sense of security around the nation.

>Lines of Departure was nominated for the 2015 Hugo Award for Best Novel on a slate organized by the "Sad Puppies", a group of "right-leaning science fiction writers." In reaction to this, Kloos withdrew the novel from consideration for the award.

Opinions are not evidence. Show me any example you can find where resricting people from owning weapons wasn't swiftly followed by an uptick in violence and tyranny. Find one.

Talk to a lawyer
Unless you're larping, then carry on

>posting daily mail headlines as if they're factual
Dumbest board.

This makes me annoyed. Self-defence is a DEFENCE. It's not immunity to prosecution. If you kill someone in the UK, you're almost certainly going to go to court over it. That means you'll be arrested. Depending on the context, being arrested isn't even that inconvenient and it shouldn't come with a presupposition of liability or guilt.

I ask you to show me what part of the words written was "retarded", and you respond with an attack on the writer's character because he does not agree with you politically.

Bravo, user. You sure convinced me. Why do I even bother expecting you niggers to counter arguments logically and factually anymore?

>Training taught me that weapon cleaning is a ballache - are shotguns high maintenance?

Not going to waste any more time on this thread.

UK, show me niggers and pakis can be responsible with guns.

>UK
>an example of weapons restriction not being followed by violence and tyranny
You're fucking with me, right?

Attached: bruceglee.gif (369x271, 1.98M)

>thinking the guns were banned in the last 30 years
Kek!

Oh and violence crimes decreased after the restricted access to guns

They were decreasing before that as well, fag.

No they weren't, it was in response from high levels of gun crime and it worked. Look lad I know more about my country than you do, and I'm telling you reintroducing guns would be a huge fucking mistake. I'd love to have them back here but now isn't the time. Your country is no doubt different and guns result in different outcomes, lets leave it there.

>le agree to disagree

You deserve every retarded law enforced on you.

>Hello google- i mean Jow Forums. Are shotguns not like any other firearm in the world and require me to oil it and stuff?
Wew lad ya dumb cunt mate

>He has no argument so he has to rely on a insult
Cute, now unless you have any point im going to sleep. Give my regards to Tyrone and Juan.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

nighty night, don't let the acid bite.

Ta lad.

>Oy chap I thought about buying moi shutgon but I ought not too in case of dirty bits in me gon.
Absolute state of britbongs folks.

Attached: 1556746079009.jpg (258x245, 12K)

>are shotguns high maintenance?
LOL hell no. Go with low-recoil buck and whatever kind of repeater they'll let you have.

Last chad in europe.

Attached: 1556751859581.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

Attached: UwBxguH.png (503x901, 440K)

H-town!

Expert opinion. Also do you have your TV loicense? And your butterknife one too?

A longer weapon would be better!
Are you allowed to decorate your house with medieval weapons?
A sword, pole axe or spear would be better than a knife.
Even a cricket bat would be better. Save the knife for if they get really close!

>rural area

I mean. You need a shotgun more for pests than anything else. They are easy to clean and keep in good condition. Just get a whatever Britbong pump action you can get. Or go full Britbong and get an over-and-under double barrel that is like 20 inches long.

Stay mad bong, remember to lube up for man love thursdays.

>UK
>Self defense
Hmm, you're known for drinking tea.
Keep a kettle of boiling hot water on and at the ready, carry a thermos of it with you.
Not quite the same as mudslimes that sling acid but it'll do.

I feel your pain user!
My mum commit suicide with one!

Attached: 54873697-8E03-425C-BADC-3980ABC250DC.jpg (455x425, 44K)

Burning some poor unfortunate that has to break in to houses to survive?

They might revive the death penalty for you ya sick bastard!

>ctrl + f
>dogs
Get some guard dogs, fence in your yard. Put up cameras, security cameras and motion activated game cameras used in hunting. Make sure your area's well lit, LED lights don't cost that much and they'll last a lot longer than incandescent lights. Prevention's better than a cure and all that.

Attached: rotties2.jpg (800x500, 49K)

The UK has always had lower gun crime than most of Europe and the U.S. AND Canada. The late 70s-90s was a time when crime spiked all over the world regardless of laws or lack thereof. The UK over reacted. The U.S. did not. Our gun crime decreased as soon as we got into the 2000s and has done nothing but decrease since then, at least on average.

The UK would have seen the same thing. Italy, Spain, Greece, Finland, Sweden, etc. All saw the same thing and their gun grabbing happened later on than it did in the UK, or didn't happen at all. Southern Europe has had pretty consistent (if restrictive) gun laws for the last 20 or so years. Only recently has Europe had sweeping EU backed changes.

Shit's retarded bro.

Stop acting like a eurocuck. You're just making people dislike guns more

cricket bat is what you want.

No just everything else. Except muzzies that is!

Homicides have been increasing since 2014, they're just being performed with knives.

Now go lick a bobby's boots and thank him for keeping you safe.

Attached: _105323266_nhomicide_chart_sep_new_title-nc.png (2666x1875, 161K)

Violent gun crime. How are the assaults, rapes, burglary’s and robbery numbers these days?

>and it worked
Wew lad
It doesnt matter how many people are killed with firearms it matters how many people are killed PERIOD. Gun controls purpose is to lower murder rate by restricting one way to kill people. UK murder rates been going up even after extreme gun control laws.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-26-21-45-12~2.png (1080x1451, 209K)

It doesn't matter waht you use, subject, you CANNOT shoot a person in self defense. It's not legal in any context where you live.

Attached: guncontrolbayeux.png (677x559, 1.05M)

from what I've read people go to jail if they even use their bare hands let alone a knife to defend themselves in in their own home over there.

Id imagine the laws are such that you need to keep the weapon and ammo separately locked up all the time anyway. now if you did manage to use a gun to defend yourself im sure the reaction from your overlords fucking you eight ways from Sunday will make you wish you just let the criminal come take your stuff and rape you to death as it would have been more pleasant.

hell they send people to jail for internet comments some perceive as rude. .

everyone with any amount of balls left cuck island many many years ago.

yea wouldn't want any """asian""" rapists or robbers to be injured on the job there m8

top fucking kek

It's Jow Forums, it's where I go when I want to be told about my country by people who've never been here

The Semi auto rifle ban was kneejerk reaction from Hungerford, The handgun ban was kneejerk from Dunblane.

If you look into the events you can see that the police allowed it to happen too, they knew about both of the shooters and had grounds to take them in PRIOR to the shootings but didn't, it was police incompetence more than anything

it's not an unlikely event a pikey might break in, and it's even less likely you'll beat him in a knife fight
do get the shotgun

That's my second favorite kind of posting behind "I went on a two week trip to NYC and Boston, let me tell you about all of America" and it's international equivalents with places like London, Paris, Berlin etc.

Dilate

>British police tacitly acknowledging that burglars are majority black