Camera thief from FMJ

Why didn't they take back their camera from the thief or use any force?

Didn't US soldiers carry anything to defend themselves during free time around the cities? MP can't be everywhere but enemy could like they were in the Tet offensive. No wonder it was such a shitshow at Hue.

And did the coughing meesoohooni and the thief work together? Joker already said that if she coughs she isn't VC.

Attached: karateman.webm (298x218, 857K)

I'm sure shooting down a civilian in broad daylight with tons of civilian witnesses around wouldn't be acceptable, OP, even by wartime standards.

Arrest him and wait for MP jeep to haul his ass to the station.

Attached: big_1493932381_image.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

You could buy another one for less than a dollar at some nearby shop.

>why did this anti-war film depict US soldiers as incompetent warmongers
Hmmmm

It's the information on the camera you utter nimrod.

What information? It was probably filled with pictures of his fellow Marines, naked prostitutes, and random sights.

As well as probably highly classified information, such as army base locations that can be determined off the scenery, layouts of said bases, supplies/gear, high ranking officials, general war crimes, etc. Because, you know, that's their job.

He was a war correspondent, not a photographer.

Joker could barely smoke the 'sniper' who killed two of his squadmates and his friend cowboy.

Those camera bodies and lenses cost a lot.

>war correspondent
Those are civilian journalists embedded into military units. Joker is a combat cameraman, documenting events and intelligence for DoD study and consumption. Sure the DoD might put those images in Stars and Stripes or pass them along to private media entities, but I guarantee for every picture taken because it makes good propaganda there are ten that will never see the light of day because it's being poured over by spooks trying to glean info.

They did nothing because joker is a wannabe and a coward, his whole being there was centered around killing, yet when confronted by the enemy he resorts to mockery and making a joke, then when he finally has a righteous chance to take a life organically, he wouldn't do it if not for both the VC and Animal Mother egging him on

No shit
That's literally the entire point as supported by the "I am finally a killer" speech at the end

Did I not answer the question? If it's so obvious then why even have a thread about it asshole

>joker is a wannabe and a coward
Coward, yes, but I don't think he's really a wannabe. If anything, he seems to not want to become like the Marines he meets along the way. He even has trouble killing the sniper at the end.

>coward
sure

>wannabe
I don't think you're a wannabe if you actually nut and become what you want to be. He volunteered for the Marine Corps, went to Vietnam, and got a confirmed kill. What exactly is "wannabe" about that? Because he wasn't gung-ho enough?

>this

He obviously didn’t want to become your average 90iq Jarhead. Just because your a soldier doesn’t mean you have to fall for the “hoooah” bullshit.

he was a combat camera MOS. he did have his boot camp shooting training and maybe MCT shooting but he didnt have ITB training it would have helped more if he was a 0311 rifleman

Why warent of-duty soldiers packing in Nam? With all the vietkong bombs and all...

It would be if he acted on protection on confidential information.

No friend. Back then good cameras & lenses ware expensive.
>t.oldfag photographer who used to work on analog films

Maybe. But he was a military corespondent and could defend himself in court by playing the card of protecting information.

This. Stealing a camera pretending to be a petty thiev was like, regular job for inteligence officers.
This.

No shit his whole act was a cope.

>not knowing fmj was political satire
Fucking stupid

why didn't the americans just beat his ass, they are bigger then him

Americans are paper tigers. Actually scratch that, paper is light. Americans are a tiger sculpture made out of vegetable oil. They suck at fighting and that's why they lose all their wars.

cuz it was a movie.

Lmao nice b8 vatshit insect.
Hows that Union going?