Hey Jow Forums, I'm looking to get a shotgun for home defence, any suggestions on what I should buy?

Hey Jow Forums, I'm looking to get a shotgun for home defence, any suggestions on what I should buy?

Attached: download (1).jpg (275x183, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CiHHgjaR0TI
youtube.com/watch?v=MiT8MxPJVmo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mossberg 500 and a box of 4 buck.

Its a decent start. Picked up mine for $260 at a pawn shop

Shotguns are kinda shit for home defence.
Using any type of buck increases liability of a miss, and even #4 buck will go through walls easily, and using a slug decreases random misses, but over penetration is an issue.
The best home defence weapon is hands down a 9mm pistol caliber carbine.
BUT shotguns are fun as fuck. Mossberg 500/590

What's your budget? Answer depends a lot on that OP

350-400 USD

here we go

Attached: 1491050988132.jpg (640x539, 80K)

>The best home defence weapon is hands down a 9mm pistol caliber carbine

Disagreed. There is nothing better than an ordinary AR-15 for home defense.

Barely used Mossman at a pawnshop and the rest on shells/flair

*5.56 or 5.45 carbine are best

Attached: 1527823576979.jpg (1439x1294, 567K)

Yeah either get a Maverick 88 and spend the rest on ammo and a light or a new mossy 500 or used one and ammo/light

You could build an AR for that price and get better use out of it. Plus at the same time pissed off all the fags on ARG.

Pump= Benelli Supernova
Semi= Benelli M4 (or that Beretta equivalent)

Don't buy a Mossberg, their finish is shit and getting worse. Not as bad as Rustington of course.

Apparently all the fools saying that they are bad indoors bc of over-penetration have never heard of Federal's flight control line of shells and their equivalents.
Only thing bad about shotguns indoors is how loud they are. I dunno for sure whether or not an AR is worse in that regard.

Beretta 1301 tac. Because you won't practice enough with a pump to not fuck it up when you need to not fuck up.

never touched a gun but liked to read and learn about them so take this with a grain of salt, but probably something reliable like the mossberg 500 or remington 870 or hell even just a small little serbu shorty for the hallway clearing.

Why not just get an AR15? It's honestly more effective for home defense than a shotgun, that myth is dead.

Well, OP, you could listen to these Internet autists, or you could listen to someone who actually knows what he’s doing: youtu.be/CiHHgjaR0TI

Bottom line: Shotguns work great for home defense.

Go away Paul.

Yeah a shotgun is still a gun so it will work but it's sub optimal. Shotguns in current year are for hunting birds.

It’s plenty optimal, especially for those of us who can reliably hit a man-sized target ten feet away down a confined hallway without the help of a $400 optic.

>I can shoot a target 10 feet away from the bench
>this negates any advantage of more shots available

The average number of shots fired in home defense encounters is 2-3, the one-hit incapacitation rate of buckshot is basically unmatched, and “spray and pray” is for African child soldiers, not the white man.

>average number of shots

You won't be in the average fight. You'll be in a unique fight. If you need more round you're gonna REALLY FUCKING NEED THEM. It's not the odds it's the stakes. I'm over the whole Idea of ZOMG I NEED A BELT FED GUN FOR HD. Unless you're a criminal, carry a gun for a living or otherwise have an elevated threat profile the chances you are gonna get into a gunfight are really low. The chances that fight will be in your house is even lower. Just use ur CCW for HD. SHTF larping rifle setup you can grab if it acktchually habbens.

Everything else is a larp so just admit you're larping.

youtube.com/watch?v=MiT8MxPJVmo

Attached: 1518127295418.png (600x700, 386K)

Winchester SXP Ultimate Defender. Recoil-assisted pump cycles in 1/2 second.

Attached: original.img.jpg (5984x1596, 647K)

>You won't be in the average fight. You'll be in a unique fight.
So what you’re saying is you don’t understand how statistics work or how they tell us about reality.

Well, okay then.

>Is preparing for a low probability event(a gunfight)
>>hey as long as you're gonna expend resources in case of this rare event you might as well consolidate that expenditure to cover as many possibilities as possible and use a more optimal..
>I WANT A SHOTGUN! FUCK!

O..ok...
>

Attached: 1558904593194.png (909x858, 627K)

>don’t want to use light weight buckshot that will go through one wall of drywall
>better use a 9mm pistol out of a carbine that will go through 5

What an absolute retard

The chad 5.56 tumbles and fragments and penetrates less than buckshot. Shotgun fags don't really care about penetration or anything else but the fantasy they have in their mind of how the POWER of the shotgun will overcome all their own deficiencies in cognition and physical ability. It's exactly like fags who argue for stupid shit like carrying .357 magnum snubs. Real confidence comes from competence not from magical gear.

Now I know you’re trolling because you’re implying everything backwards. I feel dumb for feeding you initially. Unless you’re just really weak/timid and don’t like recoil - which is equally likely on this board .

Maverick 88

>Fit and finish
>In a HD shotgun

OP, you could even get a Stevens or an H&R. No shame in a perfectly functional Chinese or Turkish pump for $200 or less new, that if is ever used as intended will end up in police custody.

>Unless you’re just really weak/timid and don’t like recoil

lol same shit you hear when you tell some faggot droning on about the POWER of his snub 357. Insecure faggots looking to magic gear to save them always project that insecurity onto others when they get called on their bullshit.

This is a good gun

Attached: IMG_9611.jpg (2250x3000, 940K)

>No immediately apparent previous instances in archive
Is this for real?

Attached: 1511003211562.png (192x154, 68K)

I have a suppressed 300 BLK SBR with subsonic rounds, because I love my ears.

Waiting to pick up a maverick 88 myself. It’s my first shotgun as well

>350-400 USD
Save for something good OP

Attached: afewshottybois.jpg (2016x1512, 2.52M)

>Suggesting he put his hard-earned dollars into the hands of foreigners rather than his fellow Americans
Disgusting
>Suggesting he base the decision to select a particular firearm on what MAY happen to it temporarily in the extremely unlikely event it is ever used as intended(when that would be the least of his worries)
Downright ridiculous, user. You should take a good while to consider that your logic may be flawed

Be a total Chad and rock a Trench gun.

Attached: 24A20146-B4A6-4D26-A862-105FAA620B81.jpg (3000x676, 300K)

A slampig.

>I’m over wanting a belt-fed for HD
That’s pretty fucking sad, really.

A KSG

Attached: BF9F732D-99EF-4F07-825D-73CA45AE58A4.jpg (750x420, 86K)

How much did you pay for that A5? I got mine for $325. Idk what you think OP needs to save more for. Shotgats are cheap.

Don't using 7,62x51mm
HD have to be violent and lound...

Regarding shotguns. Get something "pump action only" M 500/590, R870 (I know remshit...) or Winchester's.

Attached: IMG_20180407_114224.jpg (2626x4160, 3.45M)

Clearly a no guns LARPer

$550 refinished with a spare 18.5" barrel. Depends on the shotgat

Mossberg 500,590 or 930 all affordable and reliable

A Mossberg with a bayonet lug and pic related. Or an M7 if you want a barebones bayonet, there's nothing wrong with that.

Attached: Ontario OKC3 bayonet.jpg (1200x930, 527K)

its never a bad idea to be over armed in a fight for your life in your own home. There is no such thing as having too many rounds ready to go.

>someone who knows what they’re talking about
>Paul

Attached: D4B8D261-DF83-40B1-BA1F-126F6B1D1EC5.jpg (600x739, 108K)

t. Yankee Marshal

what caliber would you prefer to get shot with?
9mm .223 np 12ga hell no

M193 out of my 1:14 it is then

8+1 of buckshot with more in a pouch is a not insignificant amount of ammo for a home defense scenario. Unless you have a career where kidnapping is a threat or nice enough house where you can expect groups of more than 8 men to come in to bungle your butthole and steal your toilet seat, it's certainly unnecessary to have anything else as your 'by the bed, locked, cocked and ready to rock' home defense gun.

Though your argument is true, more ammo is never bad unless you're taking size and weight into consideration, which you aren't for home defense. So both are valid in most circumstances. I have a 590 clipped to my bedframe, but I keep my AR-15 at the ready, leaning against the wall with a couple of loaded mags on my dresser.

maverick 88
mossberg 500
ksg
shockwave if you never want to shoulder it.

>shockwave if you never want to shoulder it.

Unless you put a brace on it. Nice, short LOP, 14" barrel, highly maneuverable.

>Implying that lack of money to feed into the retirement accounts of CEOs is more important that user buying a perfectly functional firearm.

Claiming your prejudice is "logic"
I am the first to say "buy American" but reality is reality and sometimes your moral standing comes second.
If he buys a secondhand "American" shotty, he could potentially be financing a drug dealer or a pedophile.
Get off your high horse.