The AR10/ .308 Platform is Not Standardized

AR 10/.308s are different in that there is no standardization. there are two main patterns of the .308 rifle: the Armalite pattern and the DPMS pattern.

So, which one is better/preferred?
Which pattern should I get to build a AR10?

Attached: 4D30D975-B736-42FE-8C16-81985DCA8C10.jpg (641x640, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bestlight.io/products/acebeam-ec35
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A prebuilt one because if you have to ask then don't.

So what you are saying is, you don’t know either.

DPMS but keep in mind DPMS has two standards.

Only infants whine when they don't get spoonfed. Act your age.

Even the two 'main patterns' aren't standardized.

Don't build an ar10 unless you're going with a single manufacturer.

That's exactly what she's saying. She doesn't know.

Just buy a scar.

Attached: poorfags btfo.jpg (3914x2402, 1.36M)

If you don’t know the answer it’s just ok.
I’m sure there is some trap thread you can post in.

Can you not project your homosexual tendencies onto other people?

Is there an advantage of one over the other?

What have you done to make this thread better?
You are either cancer and a summer fag.

>either cancer and a summer fag
>either
>and
Stay in school kids.

If your question is "is there any inherent advantages one pattern has over the other" then I don't know and no one else here does either. The only thing you should consider is the availability of spare parts, that will tell you which pattern to go with.

So just cancer

Maybe don't act like a weepy bitch all the time and people will take you seriously?

At least you are honest
/k is no longer a place where people can have a discussion
People like this
Are the cancer who have ruined /k
They are the fags that have destroyed this board.

Shut your dumb ass up newfag. My very first post told him to buy complete to save the headache of a franken ar10. Go back to whatever hug box you came from because they at least pretend to tolerate you.

SR25 pattern.

What light is that?

OP asked a question
You don’t know the answer, instead you had a tantrum and shit all over the thread.
Other than demonstrating your ignorance, you have contributed nothing.
Cancer.

Why?

Actually I'm not that guy but the first guy gave advice in the vein of "it's so fucking complicated that you might as well not bother", to which I assume OP replied with a baseless accusation that the guy didn't know what he was talking about. I firmly place the blame on (presumably) OP for being a petulant child about the situation.

Yeah, he asked a question with 1000 facets that have been proven to be a headache across all shooters involved. To which several people including my self gave him the universally accepted easiest path of buying completed. STFU.

Acebeam EC35 but the bestlight.io exclusive XP-L HI neutral white emitter option.
>bestlight.io/products/acebeam-ec35

Attached: AcebeamEC35lineup_grande.jpg (600x390, 25K)

See how simple that is.
>it's so fucking complicated that you might as well not bother"
That is a decent response, this tells OP you don’t have the time, inclination or knowledge to respond to his questions.
Buy a glock is NOT an intelligent response. If I wanted a scar, I would go buy a scar. I wouldn’t be asking questions about AR10s

You see you're conflating "not having the time" with "not having the knowledge". At the risk of sounding trite, you're not entitled to the knowledge, so don't throw a tantrum when someone doesn't take the time to do your research for you.

Why do you come here? obviously it is not to share knowledge. It’s not to converse about a topic. So why are you here?

Yeah start a rec thread on /a/ and see how well that goes.

So this board only exists to pander to you?

because it has Stoner's blessing, faggot.

I'm waiting for the "I was merely pretending to be retarded", but I'm not sure I want to lurk this thread much longer.

Look at this guy
He asked a question,”what light is that”
And he received a response. He wasn’t told to look it up. He wasn’t told, if you have to ask, then you don’t need one. He wasn’t told to buy a Q Beam.
Why is it so difficult for you to provide a polite answer for OP?
Why are you here if you don’t want to engage in weapon related conversations?

No advantage of either.

Building is fine without a single manufacturer, just check compatibility.

Because he had a close ended question that didn't require a lot of explanation. You (or op) asked an open ended question that requires a novella of explanation and doesn't have an objective answer.

The polite less than 5000 word answer to OP was the first response. "Buy complete whatever you do" doesn't matter what because AR10s are a wild wasteland of shit. I assume OP is smarter than you and would put together that he should buy a complete set that has plenty of aftermarket bells and whistles that he enjoys looking at. Now get bent.

People all over the world have been able to build AR 15s and AR10s.
But for some reason you think only rocket scientists can build one.
Read

It's not that it's hard numbnuts. It's the fact that there's at least 8 different standardizations of the rifle floating around and because we're in the computer era online buying has just about every option on tap leaving the average consumer confused as fuck COMPARED to AR15s. The most fool proof, least nausea inducing method to getting into AR10s is to buy complete so you have as much fun and your troubleshooting ends up with a few odd pieces of furniture laying around instead of a few hundred dollars of non returnable parts and pieces or a busted gun. Goddamn.

Yeah everyone can build AR-15s because they're built to one specification. A ton of people can build AR-10s as well but it requires research, as everyone has said. The problem is that OP hasn't done his research, and he's expecting Jow Forums to do it for him.

I have a DPMS patterned .308.

Attached: DSCN4721.jpg (3264x2448, 1.72M)

Which ever one takes non-propretary mags

Like mine that uses pmags

I don't know what pattern it isn't just bought prebuilt didn't want to fuck with chasing down some rare ass bolt catch they produced once for 2 months in 1987 on cold days or some shit

Did you build it yourself?

Those forends always make my fucking dick tingle.

If I didn't I'd be fake and gay.

Attached: DSCF8455 (Large).jpg (1440x1080, 123K)

No way.
This fag Said it is too hard to build your own rifle and need to buy a scar.

Did you build from a kit?

I did not advocate to buy a $3000 meme rifle nor did I say it was impossible to build an AR10. The GENERAL CONSENSUS around the rifle for mongoloids like yourself is that it is EASIER to buy pre built to save yourself the HEADACHE of building if you don't know what you're doing. As in it is rather challenging and convoluted to build one, not impossible like you seem to be moving the goalposts towards.

AR10s are piss easy to build.
The "omg there's to many standards :(((" argument is bullshit when 90% of manufacturers use DPMS.
You're running into more of a crapshoot buying a PTR or some other cold war battle rifle than an AR10.

RIP Mega Arms, best receivers in the business

Attached: 20190526_195430.jpg (2478x896, 782K)

Let's put it this way. If you're too fucking stupid to do your own research and ask Jow Forums to spoonfeed you then you're too stupid to build your own AR-10. Buy an M&P10.

No. Maten upper lower combo. Rainier arms match barrel. PRI and magpul stuff. Titan muzzle brake. And I don't know what that other fag is talking about. It's the same as putting together an AR-15. You just have to decide Armalte or DPMS.

Attached: IMG_4721.jpg (3264x2448, 1.42M)

Thank you for the DPMS info.

If you buy a DPMS high top upper, get a DPMS high top handguard, if low top receiver, get a low top handguard.
Armalite sues anyone who looks at them funny so nobody makes shit for Armalite.

Sound like DPMS is the way to go
Thanks for the info

Do you know anything about the 243 win uppers?
I have rifle in 243 for deer and since 243 is just a necked down 308 I should be able to switch uppers.
Assuming all are DPMS compatible

What a nice response OP got from this user

You don't quite understand averages do you?

>Do you know anything about the 243 win uppers?
No I don't.

DPMS standard is just for receivers. It's a chassis. If your caliber of choice is small enough to fit into the space inside the upper and the ejection port is large enough to accommodate the spent casing, you can build it in whatever caliber you want.

DPMS pattern upper and lower
DPMS pattern handguard that fits your gas block
***Barrel for your caliber of choice columbia river arms makes excellent barrels in all kinds of calibers, and they have a sale right now, but they have a 3 month lead time.
***Gas block size that matches your barrel diameter
***Bolt for your caliber of choice
AR10 Bolt Carrier and Firing Pin
AR10 lower parts kit (most AR15 LPKs work fine as well, EXCEPT the bolt release/bolt catch, which is bigger in AR10s)
AR10 trigger (most AR15 triggers work fine as well)
AR15 Buffer tube works fine with DPMS
All that's left is picking the correct gas length for your caliber,. You need to read other people's experiences for this one.

Things marked *** are the only things you need to change when changing calibers.
.243 is going to be a barrel and gas system burner though.

Thank you user.
+1 internet points for you.
Since I already buy 243 for another rifle, I thought a 243 upper would be good for me.

It has the most iterative development, testing, and combat use. The two most combat proven, modern AR-10s are the SR-25/M110 and the LMT MWS. Both of which are SR-25 pattern, though the MWS upper is proprietary.

post guns?
post guns.

The SR25 "pattern" is just a proprietary barrel nut + gas design that you'll pay 1000% extra for and it's only been revised one time for a new handguard.
It was picked for for the same reason the LMT and the HK 417 was picked, because it's all manufactured in-house by one company.

The DPMS pattern is the most widespread but many of the "patrician," for lack of a better word, AR10 rifles use the Armalite pattern. Also note there is a second DPMS pattern, the Gen 2, which has a shorter receiver. Besides this last one, the main two are functionally identical, with the last one having the pro of being lighter and handier but having the con of being basically a proprietary pattern, and isn't as developed as the other two.

Just ordered a polymer80 AR-10 lower.

What am I in for?

Attached: polymer-80-23.jpg (1091x768, 76K)

So SR 25 is proprietary?
Which sounds like the expensive version

Anyone here anything about the Colt CM 762? Its's the successor to the sp901 and is going for around 1400 from more than a few retailers now. Leaning towards this but the ptr-91 with a Spuhr kit also seems like a good way to satisfy the battle rifle bug.

Attached: 2-ctcm762-16s_1.jpg (575x575, 23K)

By pattern I mean receivers. They are different from the DPMS and Armalite pattern.

DPMS LR-308 here.
Absolute tack driver with the right ammo.
I'd change out the extractor for a better one tho, and use pmags, the steel ones that come with the rifle suck.

Attached: target.jpg (712x536, 47K)

Lol I live right down the road from Mega Machining

It makes my PP hard, but deep down I know I'd never take advantage of it's so called modularity.

Shut up retard, go back to shitting up your middle school science class's blackboard page

An enjoyable experience learning to build your new rifle and getting to know it, all while spending a smaller amount of money on a new system as you determine whether it is a good fit for you.

Attached: bloomer good things.jpg (600x525, 93K)

The receivers are only different insofar as they were made specifically to not be compatible with anything else on the market because KAC is lawsuit-happy like Armalite.

I hope they are a good company. Mine is creepy flawless to the point where it's feeler gauge consistent. I put together the other AR's here
and it's really obvious and I have Noveske lowers.

neither because a 308 round should only be shot out of a bolt action. If you want similar ballistics in an AR platform get a fucking 6.5cm or grendel you faggot

You obviously didn't do your research either. Have fun with your broken receiver after 100 rounds.

Get an aero m5, the one with the handguard mount that's integral with the upper so the only thing putting pressure on the barrel nut is the barrel. Best accuracy.

OP knew there are two patterns that are not compatible. Sounds like he has been doing research. They just wanted to know which one is better. You are a fag. Because other anons provided basic information about those patterns

Get a PSA Gen 2 AR-10. You can swap out the trigger and maybe the grip immediately. Shoot a couple hundred rounds through the stock barrel. See how you like it. You can then upgrade the barrel from there. That's all you really need. Make sure to get a 20" barrel with an rifle length gas tube. 308 really shines in 20" barrels and you can more accurately hit 1000 yard targets. Skip over the fancy, overpriced elistist shit and just build the rifle you want.

What parts are compatible between ar15 and ar10?

>5/22/19