Why do a lot of the most major heists in American history not involve a lot of death in the heist?

Why do a lot of the most major heists in American history not involve a lot of death in the heist?
Lufthansa, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum theft
Crime history is Jow Forums related, is it not?

Attached: file.png (800x600, 420K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2013/feb/19/diamond-robbery-brussels-airport-plane
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_Bryant_shooting
foxnews.com/story/grisly-details-emerge-in-bank-murders
fox13news.com/news/local-news/months-after-deadly-shooting-sebring-suntrust-building-demolished
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

General consensus was you can steal more shit and get away easier the less noise you make.

Also, killing a bunch of people is a great way to get the authorities to care significantly more about finding you than if you just steal the money peacefully.

Because when you kill people, it tr akes you into a whole dif level of fuck. You just steal a shit load of shit and no got hurt, ten years or less with good behavior. Killed some one while stealing a bunch of shit, bye bye life.

wtc 1 , 2 and 7 disagree with you m8.

What the fuck does 9/11 have to do with heists?

It doesn't count when the authorities are in on it.

bro you can't be this dense.

Cops where actually white back then, and had legitimate education in their profession.

Take a look at the owner's actions in the lead up to 9/11, and look into the auditor who was doing an investigation of missing funds totalling something like a trillion dollars at the Pentagon

Fuck off, Alex. No one wants to buy your supplements.

>he doesn't know

Attached: sniggers russianly.jpg (466x540, 113K)

Shit, what remains to this day the second-largest bank theft was Stanley Mark Rifkin's wire fraud of the Security Pacific National Bank, and he swindled them by posing as various execs using internal knowledge he gained as an IT consultant for their wire transfer servers. Going outside of America, the largest heist in history was committed in '06 when a guy posed as a businessman for months getting buddy-buddy with the staff of an ABN Amro bank in Europe, and ended up getting away (as in, still at-large) with 120,000 carats in diamonds. Nowadays the most successful robberies are fraudulent more than forceful.

This reminds me of the guys recently who made a couple million by simply sending Facebook and Microsoft fake invoices.

"A couple" meaning 123, and you'd be naive to think that everyone who does shit like this gets caught.

So who's going to become essentially a pirate here once this country disintegrates into a civil war? Might as well be rich once it's all over with right?

They are generally focused on the prize.
People just looking for a body count rarely pull of anything resembling a heist.

Attached: Noth Hollywood Bushmaster XM-15 E2S Dissipator.jpg (1200x719, 95K)

Attached: Noth Hollywood Guns.jpg (638x960, 104K)

This. Like in Heist when the hothead shot the armored truck guy and the the other guy shot him for doing it.

>Crime history is Jow Forums related, is it not
No? Not even a little, this thread unironically belongs on /b/ if the autists who usually lurk here get their way. Keep your head down until a mod comes by but it looks like they're taking the holiday off

Crime history can be Jow Forums depends on what is being talked about, brainlet

Don't listen to this guy. Nice idea for a thread OP.

People don't really want to get shot over stolen money, and you don't get away with theft if you leave a body trail.

This was pretty /k. They also didn't fire a shot. Being armed at a heist is just a way to keep anyone from playing hero.

theguardian.com/world/2013/feb/19/diamond-robbery-brussels-airport-plane

Hey, I didn't say it was bad, I liked this place a lot better 8 years ago when it was just /b/ with guns, but you're denying reality if you don't think the mod wouldn't delete this thread

Attached: Screenshot_20190419-190202.png (720x386, 77K)

so it's a coincidence that the audit investigation was based in the exact point of the pentagon that was hit by "totally not a cruise missile" and no aircraft wreckage was pulled out of the building. when literally the day before is when the story broke.

I think crime history is Jow Forums
I really doubt /his/ would care about recent shit and /b/ is garbage

You can get away with mass-murder robberies in the US, though. One such case:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_Bryant_shooting

Not even the FBI can crack this one, even though the robber was incredibly sloppy. Detectives in the US aren't actually that good at their jobs, which is why there are over 5,000 unsolved murder cases per year.

Yeah. It's harder now, but if they can't catch your plates, and you've got everything clean like cartridges, no DNA in any database, and no cellphone on you, they've got nothing to track you.

The deadliest heists of recent years mostly seem forgotten, perhaps because they are depressing rather than cinematic. This bank robbery in Nebraska resulted in 5 murders a few years ago:

foxnews.com/story/grisly-details-emerge-in-bank-murders

But the suspects were all Mexican illegals, so the US media dropped the case fairly quickly.

Attached: 592de05cf2ab0.image[1].jpg (1200x748, 85K)

I"nvestigators believe Rodriguez had been posted outside the bank in his car until the robbery went awry and he drove off, Mayor Gordon D. Adams said."

"He must have been the getaway driver, and had a change of heart when he heard the gunshots," Adams said.

The toughest part about this is finding reliable team members. I'd stick to lone wolfing everything, but there's some things you can't do that way, say, having a plainclothes scout.

This sperg went lone-wolf in Florida earlier this year, and will probably end up on death row for it:

fox13news.com/news/local-news/months-after-deadly-shooting-sebring-suntrust-building-demolished

>Five months after a gunman walked into a Sebring bank and started shooting, the SunTrust branch where five women lost their lives is being torn down.

>SunTrust bank officials said most of the demolition work should be complete this week. It’s a major step towards healing for the Sebring community.

>Wednesday, many watched as crews began breaking down the bank building where four employees and one customer were murdered.

>It’s a reminder of the violent attack that happened in the bank back on January 23. Investigators say gunman Zephen Xaver, with no apparent motive, walked in and started shooting. The 21-year-old has pleaded not guilty.

Attached: 90[1].jpg (1280x720, 93K)

>Why do a lot of the most major heists in American history not involve a lot of death in the heist?
Probably because most thieves are not murderers.

Because as soon as you cross the line into becoming a murderer for profit everyone gets really interested in you including the feds. It serves no purpose to kill a security guard or some poor schmuck just trying to earn a pay check. You're there for the money and the loot if you want to kill people go join the military or become a mercenary.

>8 years ago

Fucking new fags.

I would think that someone would have to royally fuck up to even 'let the story break' in the first place and then have a cruise missile be the only recourse. How often do cruise missiles disappear without a trace? Where would one even be fired from that no one notices? I'm not saying it wasn't, just that it's harder to believe that literally no one leaked a missing missile than it is a plane was hijacked and disintegrated upon contact with a government building that are generally built pretty robustly.

Attached: dust to dust.gif (321x240, 1.36M)

Because if you think shooting a bunch of people is the best way to rob a bank then your probably pretty stupid. And stupid people get caught.
They made a book about bankrobber notes in Denmark. Most of them where shit like, i got a knife/gun/whatever, give me your money. Most caught because they were stupid idiots that lived next door, didnt disguise themselves etc.
How noone hasnt used a bluetooth speaker to read commands out instead of using their real voice is a mystery to me.

Well, yeah, that was just a fucking mass shooting. The beaners one was an actual attempt at a heist, killing the civis was just an attempt at crowd control.

Does it involve weapons?

Then yes

My name is Larry
And oh boy, do I feel lucky

Different user, but what leaked from that "training mission" in California a little while back when a bunch of little birds dropped off those special forces dudes who raided that warehouse? A. Unch of anons posted videos, and the story that came out was a "training mission".

In the middle of a major city. At night. Anybody of screencaps of that?

Just saying, we dont really get leaks from the people who do this stuff.

In 1965 a gang used this Lahti with a homemade suppressor to blast through a wall into a vault at an armored car depot.
>Crime history is Jow Forums related
Damn straight.

Attached: Lahti L-39 Suppressed.jpg (848x477, 95K)

This M2 was mounted in the back of a SUV, used during a robbery of an armored car being loaded with cash at an airport.

Attached: Brazilian M2.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

If we're talking about violent robberies, wasn't there some relatively well-known incident in Iraq where a band of bank robbers used a fucking truck bomb to open up the wall of the bank and got into a firefight that left a couple dozen people dead on both sides?

yei son

Attached: patty Hearst Robbery cameo in Archer S02E01.jpg (1210x325, 143K)

Attached: _20170413_131145.jpg (381x380, 33K)

Attached: 1557273657198.jpg (1125x1087, 155K)

Was Hearst the richest terrorist before Bin Laden?

bump

>not involve a lot of death
They did in the past. But now it's easier to rob a bank by being a Jew, running a brokerage and selling the bank bad mortgage paper.